Wrecker vs Lizard

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
No weapons no bfr just a fight. I heard that Lizard is three times stronger then Spider-Man so he can lift around 30 tons still weaker then Wrecker but closer.

DTM
If the Wrecker isnt sharing his powers with his Crew, meaning hes at his Full power levels, he takes this handily. Wrecker solo has fought Thor (granted with his crowbar), Lizard fights and routinely loses to Spider-Man. They just arent in the same league, IMHO.

googol
Originally posted by golem370
No weapons no bfr just a fight. I heard that Lizard is three times stronger then Spider-Man so he can lift around 30 tons still weaker then Wrecker but closer.

if Wrecker can one shot hulk, he can do the same to the Lizard..
http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t105/DC_CaptainComet/Defenders_019_04.jpg

golem370
I thought Lizard usally gets the better of Spider-Man. This is Class 40 strength Wrecker

BUSTER1
Originally posted by googol
if Wrecker can one shot hulk, he can do the same to the Lizard..
http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t105/DC_CaptainComet/Defenders_019_04.jpg

That was a very low showing for Hulk, as Wrecker in that story was sharing his power with the rest of the wrecking crew, and so was on at the 10ton level of strength. Savage Hulk shouldn't have been stunned let alone knocked out. That being said, if Lizard is up against full power Wrecker, he's brown bread.

SevenShackles
Lizard gets wrecked big grin

guy222
even with the wrecker losing to rhino he can defeat lizard

cdtm
No weapons?

Doesn't Wreckers powers come from the crowbar?

SamZED
Lizard is not 3 times stronger than Spider. Doubt hes stronger at all, just a lot more durable. That said we have no idea how powerful he is after his latest transformation. He was shown running circles around Spider and noselling all his attacks.

pym-ftw
Wrecker gets new boots

Eternal Idol
The Lizard's speed advantage would only delay the inevitable and severe ass kicking. Once the Wrecker grabs a hold of him or connects, it's over.

StiltmanFTW
Successor to Rhino's jobbing throne Wrecker loses.

Non-jobbing and at his best he takes it.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by SamZED
Lizard is not 3 times stronger than Spider. Doubt hes stronger at all, just a lot more durable. That said we have no idea how powerful he is after his latest transformation. He was shown running circles around Spider and noselling all his attacks.

He is, it was stated in Spectacular.

SamZED
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
He is, it was stated in Spectacular. Ive seen it but think thats a hyperbole. Dont recall Lizard displaying class 30 strength. And if we take Spider-man's very best showings and concider Lizard to be 3 times stronger he'd be a ligit class 100

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by SamZED
Ive seen it but think thats a hyperbole. Dont recall Lizard displaying class 30 strength. And if we take Spider-man's very best showings and concider Lizard to be 3 times stronger he'd be a ligit class 100

He's usually depicted as being stronger of the two in their fights, that's all that is needed. Handbooks, cartoons and websites also support it.

I don't recall Norman showing his "awesome" cl. 9 strength, yet we don't question it just because he fares well against cl. 10 in h2h combat...

He would be a low Class 100... it's a nice example why we shouldn't focus so much on high-end feats.

--
Lizard was one of the first Parker's foes that was his physical superior. Having the strength of three Spider-Men seems high, but it's still nothing compared to those villains who rely solely on brute force. What I'm saying is it makes more sense for him (and some other spider-villains, btw) being high cl. 30 than just a few tons stronger than him, like handbooks are trying to tell us (classic Venom labeled only as being "almost" class 11, for example). That's why Pete used brains in many fights instead of brawn.

SamZED
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
He's usually depicted as being stronger of the two in their fights, that's all that is needed. Handbooks, cartoons and websites also support it.

I don't recall Norman showing his "awesome" cl. 9 strength, yet we don't question it just because he fares well against cl. 10 in h2h combat...

He would be a low Class 100... it's a nice example why we shouldn't focus so much on high-end feats.

--
Lizard was one of the first Parker's foes that was his physical superior. Having the strength of three Spider-Men seems high, but it's still nothing compared to those villains who rely solely on brute force. What I'm saying is it makes more sense for him (and some other spider-villains, btw) being high cl. 30 than just a few tons stronger than him, like handbooks are trying to tell us (classic Venom labeled only as being "almost" class 11, for example). That's why Pete used brains in many fights instead of brawn. I agree it makes more sense for Lizard to be stronger than it is for many other Spidey villains but 3 times imo is too much. Stronger than Pete? Sure. Several times stronger? Doubt it. Venom's strength was rarely a factor, usually its his HF and durability but he does have feats suggesting he's times stronger than Peter. Even times stronger than Kain who's Peter's physical superior. Lizard is usually shown to be as strong/a bit stronger but with greater damage soak. On-panel statements can be hyberbolic as well. Scorpion was narrated to be both stronger and faster than Spider-man. Carnage said to be as strong as both Spider-man and Venom at the same time, yet Venom keeps overpowering him all the time (even Flash did it recently). 3 times still seems like a bit too much. Even 2 times is arguable id say.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.