Absorbing Man vs Omac

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

pym-ftw
Fight in Wakanda

tkitna
Creel

Golgo13
Didn't OMAC already beat Amazing Man, who is just like AM?

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Golgo13
Didn't OMAC already beat Amazing Man, who is just like AM?

yes

ODG
It's very possible that a fight between Creel and O.M.A.C. would pan out the same way, but you could make an argument that it wouldn't. Brother Eye just plain took over Amazing Man when he took on the characteristics of O.M.A.C.'s circuitry. At the same time, Absorbing Man was never taken over by Thor/Quasar when he took on Mjolnir's/Quantum Bands' characteristics.

It'd be interesting to see when or if Absorbing Man has ever taken on a computer's characteristics for a closer comparison.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by ODG
It's very possible that a fight between Creel and O.M.A.C. would pan out the same way, but you could make an argument that it wouldn't. Brother Eye just plain took over Amazing Man when he took on the characteristics of O.M.A.C.'s circuitry. At the same time, Absorbing Man was never taken over by Thor/Quasar when he took on Mjolnir's/Quantum Bands' characteristics.

It'd be interesting to see when or if Absorbing Man has ever taken on a computer's characteristics for a closer comparison.

only happened in an alternate timeline and he ended up killing the avengers

Golgo13
Brother Eye is pretty uber, so with it's help, I can see OMAC winning.

Horrificus
OMAC got lady-kicked by Frankenstein. I like Frankenstein, but he is not on the same level as Absorbing man.

And, I think there are plenty of things AM could do that would be effective against OMAC without having to absorb any of OMAC's characteristics.

Golgo13
The fight between OMAC and Frank was pretty even. Frank had the edge at the end, IIRC.

Horrificus
The fight between OMAC and Frank was pretty even. Frank had the edge at the end, IIRC. It wasn't even remotely even.

Seriously, I just took a look again, to make sure I was remembering it right. Frank had OMAC terrified the whole time, until OMAC finally escaped.

Golgo13
Ok, I just looked. I didn't see OMAC as being terrified. In fact, Franky couldn't put OMAC down for long, until he threw a truck at him and made it explode and even that didn't KO him.

Horrificus
Ok, I just looked. I didn't see OMAC as being terrified. In fact, Franky couldn't put OMAC down for long, until he threw a truck at him and made it explode and even that didn't KO him. Well, I see Frank as being the boss during the fight.

But, actually, my point is that he probably shouldn't have been. I like Frank, but I don't think he should be able to manhandle OMAC the way he did.

I remember there was a thread involving OMAC and most of the guys that are OMAC fans had not read the book where Frank beats him. So, I had a bunch of OMAC fans banging on me, until I posted the scans.

Nobody was reading the books with Frank in them, so I guess that not a lot of people had seen the fight.

Golgo13
Frank was more skilled that's for sure, but physically he couldn't put OMAC down. Now, if you include Frank's enhanced stats, sword of Michael, and his various weapons from SHADE he's really, really formidable.

Did you see what he did to that giant monster on Monster planet?

Horrificus
This is pretty much how the fight went:

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q253/ArealSTUPIguy/th_OmacCalls4Help.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q253/ArealSTUPIguy/th_FrankExecuteOmac.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q253/ArealSTUPIguy/th_BrotherSavesOmacAgain.jpg

Golgo13
That was SHADE'S perspective of it, though. I was referring to OMAC 5, which things happened a little different.

Horrificus
Frank was more skilled that's for sure, but physically he couldn't put OMAC down. Now, if you include Frank's enhanced stats, sword of Michael, and his various weapons from SHADE he's really, really formidable.

Did you see what he did to that giant monster on Monster planet? Yeah, that was pretty cool.

I hope they DON'T try to make him as strong as the upper-level bricks. I like the idea that he is just strong enough, with his items, to be able to be dangerous without being TOO powerful.

Just let him be Frankenstein with a badass sword and a little bit of tech.

Horrificus
That was SHADE'S perspective of it, though. I was referring to OMAC 5, which things happened a little different. Oh, ok. Gotcha.

Golgo13
Originally posted by Horrificus
Yeah, that was pretty cool.

I hope they DON'T try to make him as strong as the upper-level bricks. I like they idea that he is just strong enough, with his items, to be able to be dangerous without being TOO powerful.

Just let him be Frankenstein with a badass sword and a little bit of tech.

Where do you put Franky strength wise? Luke Cage level? Tombstone level?

Horrificus
Where do you put Franky strength wise? Luke Cage level? Tombstone level? I always thought Tombstone level. But, it seems like he is being tuned up to Luke for now.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.