Doc Samson vs Luke Cage

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
Who wins?

Sin I AM
Originally posted by cdtm
Who wins?

been done and sam stomps

carver9
Samson stomps and stomps badly.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by carver9
Samson stomps and stomps badly.

don't agree with me

abhilegend
Originally posted by Sin I AM
don't agree with me
laughing out loud

Eternal Idol
Doc Samson stomps, provided this isn't Cage with the Power Bendis.

carver9
don't agree with me

I gotta agree with my sugar momma.

Damborgson
Originally posted by carver9
I gotta agree with my sugar momma.

laughing out loud thumb up

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Eternal Idol
Doc Samson stomps, provided this isn't Cage with the Power Bendis.

This... unfortunately Marvel seems to have forgotten about pre-BP Cage...

Supermutant
been done and sam stomps
At least twice

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t376039.html

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t404780.html

cdtm
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
This... unfortunately Marvel seems to have forgotten about pre-BP Cage...

Hah!

To be fair, I just got done reading the 1997-'8 Ostrander Heroes for Hire run, and Cage put down Absorbing Man (Who kept going on about how he goes toe to toe with Hulk and Thor, as Cage kicked his butt), and generally seemed written above his usual levels.

Bendis is the worst, but he probably wasn't the first to overpower Cage..

DTM
Id probably support Samson more than not, but I dont think itll be a slaughter at all. Cage might be a bit weaker, but hes the better fighter, and more experienced overall hero. To me, this is a close one.

Eternal Idol
Originally posted by DTM
Id probably support Samson more than not, but I dont think itll be a slaughter at all. Cage might be a bit weaker, but hes the better fighter, and more experienced overall hero. To me, this is a close one.

Any skill and experience Cage has over Samson rendered null by the fact that Samson is twice as strong and probably just as durable as Cage, if not more.

DTM
Hardly nullified, as skill and experience are easily as important and vital in a fight as physical strength. Get a 5'7" 150 pound female whos a 2nd degree black belt, put her against a 6'2" 240 man with no fighting experience at all, and Ill be willing to bet youd have a heck of a close fight. Fights are definately not determined by simply who is the stronger character.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by DTM
Hardly nullified, as skill and experience are easily as important and vital in a fight as physical strength. Get a 5'7" 150 pound female whos a 2nd degree black belt, put her against a 6'2" 240 man with no fighting experience at all, and Ill be willing to bet youd have a heck of a close fight. Fights are definately not determined by simply who is the stronger character.

the skill diff isn't that great

juggernaut74
Didn't Cage beat the piss out of Doc during Civil War?

Eternal Idol
Originally posted by DTM
I have to disagree.

Pit NFL player Tony Gonzalez
http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq359/lilsirtiny/cool%20stuff/gonzalez.jpg

against karate champion Kristina Mah,
http://wkfkarateworldchamps.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/kristina-mah-karate-kumite.jpg

two athletes roughly the sizes you gave as examples, and you can bet Tony would beat the absolute shit out of her ten times out of ten.

Skill and experience play a vital role in any fight, unless of course the more skilled fighter is simply outclassed physically. In this case, it's not like Cage fighting someone who bench presses a hundred pounds more than he does; Samson's got at least a 40-ton advantage on him.

cdtm
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/CDTM3000/th_HeroesForHire17p18_zps91844ecd.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/CDTM3000/th_HeroesForHire17p19_zps63c1caeb.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/CDTM3000/th_HeroesForHire17p20_zps60dac866.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/CDTM3000/th_HeroesForHire17p21_zps4e0d2385.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/CDTM3000/th_HeroesForHire17p22_zpsa012f25f.jpg

Fought pretty smart here. Can't Creed mop the floor with Sampson?

cdtm
I have to disagree.

Pit NFL player Tony Gonzalez
http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq359/lilsirtiny/cool%20stuff/gonzalez.jpg

against karate champion Kristina Mah,
http://wkfkarateworldchamps.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/kristina-mah-karate-kumite.jpg

two athletes roughly the sizes you gave as examples, and you can bet Tony would beat the absolute shit out of her ten times out of ten.

Skill and experience play a vital role in any fight, unless of course the more skilled fighter is simply outclassed physically. In this case, it's not like Cage fighting someone who bench presses a hundred pounds more than he does; Samson's got at least a 40-ton advantage on him.

Full contact point karate vs a professional athlete in a full contact sport makes for a pretty bad example. sad

There's better examples of skill vs size in MMA.

BUSTER1
Lenny takes Carl

Damborgson
Karate isn't anything special anyway. A skilled MMA fighter can beat a size advantage of the example above. The person can talk to the doctor about how much they can bench when they go and get their face restructured.

Eternal Idol
It was a bad example anyhow--a small trained fighter against a large inexperienced brute. I did want to point out, however, that skill isn't everything, especially when the skill levels between Cage and Samson are comparable.

Prime Butterbean isn't what one would think of as an all-time great boxer, but I have no doubt in my mind he'd beat the living shit out of smaller and better boxers such as Marquez, Pacquiao, Mayweather, and Cotto.

Weight classes are there for a reason, and Samson is a couple of leagues above Cage.

Damborgson
oh yeah Cage would get his ass handed to him by Samson. Even bendisforce cage's feats, while closer, are still lower than classic Samson.

cdtm
It was a bad example anyhow--a small trained fighter against a large inexperienced brute. I did want to point out, however, that skill isn't everything, especially when the skill levels between Cage and Samson are comparable.

Prime Butterbean isn't what one would think of as an all-time great boxer, but I have no doubt in my mind he'd beat the living shit out of smaller and better boxers such as Marquez, Pacquiao, Mayweather, and Cotto.

Weight classes are there for a reason, and Samson is a couple of leagues above Cage.

I don't know, I think they could beat Butterbean on points in a boxing match.

Obviously, in a real fight a smaller guys not going to get anywhere just trading punches.

And Tony Gonzalez an inexperienced brute? Football players may not be professional fighters, but I'll take the guy whos career at least conditions him not to flinch at taking a hit, as well as throw his weight around, over someone who specializes in point sparring any day.. big grin

Eternal Idol
Originally posted by cdtm
I don't know, I think they could beat Butterbean on points in a boxing match.

Obviously, in a real fight a smaller guys not going to get anywhere just trading punches.

And Tony Gonzalez an inexperienced brute? Football players may not be professional fighters, but I'll take the guy whos career at least conditions him not to flinch at taking a hit, as well as throw his weight around, over someone who specializes in point sparring any day.. big grin
The fights wouldn't make it that far. Butterbean would annihilate each and everyone of them early on, and very likely in the first round... because although he's definitely less skilled than Marquez, Pacquiao, Mayweather, and Cotto, but he's simply too big, too strong, and too tough for them.

I only used Tony Gonzalez and Kristina Mah for the the small fighter vs untrained big guy example the other guy used because they fit the descriptions. She would get wrecked, again, because her skill is not enough to overcome his size, strength, and speed advantage.

Samson and Cage are pretty much equals in everything from size to skill to speed... and all else being equal, I'll back the considerably stronger guy.

SevenShackles
Samson is hulk lite. Don't see how he could loose.

Eternal Idol
Originally posted by SevenShackles
Samson is hulk lite. Don't see how he could loose.

The only way he can lose is if Cage uses the Power Bendis to transmute logic.

zeel
samson wtf owns him.

curryman
Luke Cage's fight against Absorbing Man doesn't really point to any kind of "skill advantage". It's him ducking....

Samson's earlier showings against the Hulk are far more impressive if you ask me....

juggernaut74
Anybody find the sans of the Cage/Samson fight from Civil War? I think it spanned two different issues.

CosmicComet
Originally posted by DTM

Do you Phoenix Jones? The real life superhero?

Do you know his wife Purple Reign who also assists him?

She talked about one of her exes who was a criminal, and one day she pissed him off and she said all the martial arts training she had for years didn't help her from being manhandled and battered.

cdtm
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Do you Phoenix Jones? The real life superhero?

Do you know his wife Purple Reign who also assists him?

She talked about one of her exes who was a criminal, and one day she pissed him off and she said all the martial arts training she had for years didn't help her from being manhandled and battered.

Think her ex con boyfriend has "no fighting experience"?

And what does she have training in?

DTM
the skill diff isn't that great

Id say it is. Cage is a much more experienced hero than Samson, and Samson is more a brainy brute, while Cage is the more street fighting brawler. Id personally rate Cages experience and fighting ability levels to be noticeable moreson than Samson, just as Samson himself has the strength advantage over Cage. Overall, I do see this as a very close fight, with each character having their Pros and Cons here.

cdtm
Originally posted by DTM
Id say it is. Cage is a much more experienced hero than Samson, and Samson is more a brainy brute, while Cage is the more street fighting brawler. Id personally rate Cages experience and fighting ability levels to be noticeable moreson than Samson, just as Samson himself has the strength advantage over Cage. Overall, I do see this as a very close fight, with each character having their Pros and Cons here.

And Cage also got personal training sessions from Danny Rand, as shown in the original Power Man and Iron Fist series.

DTM
And Im sure as a years long Avenger hes HTH trained with Capt America as well.

carver9
This fight isn't close at all.

DTM
Eh, I believe different.

curryman
Originally posted by CosmicComet

Not only are you off on the details surrounding her "years of martial arts training" and the domestic violence, but you clearly didn't understand the message she was trying to relate.

Furthermore a 6 year old eye can scoop our your eye with little trouble. There are many places on the human body that are extremely hard, just like there are many very vulnerable places. You don't seem to grasp the difference between a trained fighter who's at a weight disadvantage against someone who's untrained, and two trained fighters where one is at a weight disadvantage.

Originally posted by DTM
And Im sure as a years long Avenger hes HTH trained with Capt America as well.

Who hasn't?

zopzop
"Average" Doc Samson (ie should length hair) tears Luke Cage apart. It wouldn't even be close.

juggernaut74
Originally posted by zopzop
"Average" Doc Samson (ie should length hair) tears Luke Cage apart. It wouldn't even be close. The comics showed otherwise.

zopzop
Originally posted by juggernaut74
The comics showed otherwise.
I know. It happens all the time in comics. It's called PIS.

StiltmanFTW
But whenever it happens to Namor, you throw a party... sad

carver9
Originally posted by zopzop
I know. It happens all the time in comics. It's called PIS.

You have no right saying this. Picking and choosing at it's finest.

StiltmanFTW
Ban him, carver. Let him feel your wrath.

http://i60.tinypic.com/16a9xr5.gif

zopzop
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
But whenever it happens to Namor, you throw a party... sad
It happens waaaaaaaaaay to many times to Namor for it to be considered PIS.

StiltmanFTW
And Samson is all about super performance? wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.