SENTRY vs. Despero

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tony Stark
Both characters at full potential

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/12/121707/2376631-Siege-2-Sentry-kills-Ares.jpg

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/1/12514/610537-847436508kh_super.jpg

armedforbattle
Despero, cause that's not the answer you want.

Golgo13
laughing out loud

-Pr-
Originally posted by armedforbattle
Despero, cause that's not the answer you want.

laughing out loud

SamZED
Depresso loses.

iceman24567
Why is SENTRY capped?

Golgo13
Originally posted by SamZED
Depresso loses.

Even beating Flame of Pyre Despero, who took down the League?

SamZED
Originally posted by Golgo13
Even beating Flame of Pyre Despero, who took down the League? Barely know who he is, just needed an excuse to call him "Depresso"

tkitna
Full Potential?

Sentry

Horrificus
Originally posted by Tony Stark
Both characters at full potential

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/12/121707/2376631-Siege-2-Sentry-kills-Ares.jpg

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/1/12514/610537-847436508kh_super.jpg It's pretty clear what the higher-end feats are, based on these examples.

Sentry could never give that group the kind of fight that Despero did.

Mindset
Yes he could.

Mindship
Despero simultaneously taking on Superman + Captain Marvel + Wonder Woman + Powergirl, and then some?

Did Sentry ever simultaneously take on, say, Thor + Hulk + Gladiator + Black Bolt? Could he?

SevenShackles
Originally posted by Mindship
Despero simultaneously taking on Superman + Captain Marvel + Wonder Woman + Powergirl, and then some?

Did Sentry ever simultaneously take on, say, Thor + Hulk + Gladiator + Black Bolt? Could he?

At 'full potential' who knows. I doubt even saw the full potential of either sentry or void so this is a rather unknown quantity but given feats on paper..eh.. Idk.

Sin I AM
despero

Tony Stark
Originally posted by Mindship

Do you believe that Superman + Captain Marvel + Wonder Woman + Powergirl have the power to shatter every bone in a Savage HULKs body?

Do you believe that the same could not be done to them?

Mshinu
SENTRY!

However I think Depresso`s espresso may be a match for Thermos` coffee.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Horrificus
It's pretty clear what the higher-end feats are, based on these examples.

Sentry could never give that group the kind of fight that Despero did. Molecule Man begs to differ.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Parmaniac
Molecule Man begs to differ.
The same molecule man who lost to Klaw? He can beg all he wants.

the ninjak
Sentry. That feat shown in the OP showed Sentry on his game. A matter Manipulator and speed blitzer.

Anyone who can beat Molecule Man at his own game and has feats fighting a Superman Clone is a huge punch in the gut.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by abhilegend
The same molecule man who lost to Klaw? He can beg all he wants. He will do better than the same superman that was knocked out by a gas station.

psycho gundam
Molecule Man begs to differ. sentry makes some sharks in the palm of his hand

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/sharkbitejv6.jpg

abhilegend
He will do better than the same superman that was knocked out by a gas station.
Who was fighting doomsday prior to that and was koed just before that incident you mean? Also that molecule man showing is ruled out by mods

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t546926.html

Not applicable here.

Parmaniac
Also that molecule man showing is ruled out by mods That's a nice cover

Saying something is ruled out by mods when we have a thread stating FULL Potential.

abhilegend
Originally posted by psycho gundam
sentry makes some sharks in the palm of his hand

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/sharkbitejv6.jpg
Despero is more likely to show Jim hammond or namor punching sentry's teeth out and sentry would whimper like a baby. Or better still bring out the nut-shot by hercules. eek! eek!

the ninjak
Also that molecule man showing is ruled out by mods

Not applicable here.

So Sentry simply tore Ares in half? Wow.

I always assumed Sentry's tearing of Ares was due not to only his insane speed and strength but his ability to manipulate energy. In other words negating the God Force that usually protects such Gods and tearing them apart.

Similar to how he killed MM.

But if such feats are removed that kinda makes his later feats all the more insane.

abhilegend
That's a nice cover

Saying something is ruled out by mods when we have a thread stating FULL Potential.
Full potential sentry means only sentry's showings. If you read the thread it also says sentry and void's feats aren't interchangeable.

psycho gundam
^ jokes aside, mind control/reading might not be a good tactic on sentry with void lurking around in there. starro phucked him over when he tried that, not saying they're equal but they don't necessarily have to be

abhilegend
Originally posted by the ninjak
So Sentry simply tore Ares in half? Wow.

I always assumed Sentry's tearing of Ares was due not to only his insane speed and strength but his ability to manipulate energy. In other words negating the God Force that usually protects such Gods and tearing them apart.

Similar to how he killed MM.

But if such feats are removed that kinda makes his later feats all the more insane.
I'm not discussing something which has been ruled out by the mods. I'm just saying full potential sentry=/=void or void-sentry.

abhilegend
Originally posted by psycho gundam
^ jokes aside, mind control/reading might not be a good tactic on sentry with void lurking around in there. starro phucked him over when he tried that, not saying they're equal but they don't necessarily have to be
You didn't just compare void to starro, did you? I don't see why a guy who mindrapes martian manhunter for shits and giggles would have any problem with a schizophrenic like sentry.

the ninjak
I'm not discussing something which has been ruled out by the mods. I'm just saying full potential sentry=/=void or void-sentry.

I remember now this point in the CvF. I was pissed.
I know the difference between Sentry, Sentry/Void and Void.

Fair enough.

Parmaniac
Full potential sentry means only sentry's showings. If you read the thread it also says sentry and void's feats aren't interchangeable. If pictures show the characters used in the OP we use the one's from the pic. that's the same void influenced Sentry that ****ed up MM.

Pretty obvious what the thread starter was reffering too.

The fact that you first tried to lowball the MM feat and then wanted it restricted from the thread already tells me how this fight would go.

abhilegend
Also this is way more humiliating

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/9858/dc2fv7.jpg

I know, I know the context behind this.

abhilegend
If pictures show the characters used in the OP we use the one's from the pic. that's the same void influenced Sentry that ****ed up MM.

Pretty obvious what the thread starter was reffering too.

The fact that you first tried to lowball the MM feat and then wanted it restricted from the thread already tells me how this fight would go.
What OP means isn't the final be all-end all of how fights are going to happen. Void-influenced sentry=/=sentry at full potential. Simple as that.

Also I was joking at that point and sentry owning molecule man is as much his average as Thor making galactus run away in fear or Silver surfer blowing Rune/w IG's hand or superman destroying darkseid's essence in FC or Hal killing krona or -insert random highest feats of heralds-. You see them being used as average showings for the characters I mentioned? Why is sentry an exception then?

Blight
Sentry is such a crappy character.

He still wins.

abhilegend
Also Dr. Strange incapacitated sentry with a simple spell of hallucination.

Venus also mind-controlled him with her voice which has failed on Temugin of all people and savage hulk also shrugged it off while angry.

I'm not sure why despero can't simply mindrapes him.

Mindship
Do you believe that Superman + Captain Marvel + Wonder Woman + Powergirl have the power to shatter every bone in a Savage HULKs body? Wasn't Savage Hulk calm at the time? In any event, would Sentry be able to do that to WBH?

Do you believe that the same could not be done to them? Depends on the circumstances (and it better be good, not gratuitous). Eg, I believed when Doomsday broke Superman's arm.

Estacado
Despero....also lulz at comparing Sentry's mind to Starro's....

tkitna

I'm not sure why despero can't simply mindrapes him.

A Sentry at full potential might mind rape Despero. Sentry did make the entire world forget about him. The mods want to throw the matter manipulation feat against Owen out the window, but do we forget about him bringing Lindy back to life too? What kind of powers does a character have if he can actually bring people back to life? Thats insane. We have never seen a full potential Sentry before, but I cant see him losing to Despero.

abhilegend
Originally posted by tkitna
A Sentry at full potential might mind rape Despero. Sentry did make the entire world forget about him. The mods want to throw the matter manipulation feat against Owen out the window, but do we forget about him bringing Lindy back to life too? What kind of powers does a character have if he can actually bring people back to life? Thats insane. We have never seen a full potential Sentry before, but I cant see him losing to Despero.
That was mastermind doing the works for sentry whose power is stronger with stronger telepaths. Not applicable for sentry. He brought lindy to life and what is that suppose to prove in a fight against despero? That's like saying Guy gardener did something like that to the shark and unlike sentry did it consciously, he curbstomps say silver surfer now? Full potential sentry doesn't mean he is going to use random powers in a fight. I'm also interested to see what else full potential sentry can do, maybe create a werewolf to fight on his behalf or better still hold a cosmic cube or even better try to overload despero with energy, right? That's quite something, we haven't seen full potential frog-man too but that doesn't mean anything here.

Tony Stark
The thread was created to again use both characters at their full potential. I'm not sure if either of those pictures were shown to do that. But, that was the my intent.

the ninjak
That was mastermind doing the works for sentry whose power is stronger with stronger telepaths. Not applicable for sentry. He brought lindy to life and what is that suppose to prove in a fight against despero? That's like saying Guy gardener did something like that to the shark and unlike sentry did it consciously, he curbstomps say silver surfer now? Full potential sentry doesn't mean he is going to use random powers in a fight. I'm also interested to see what else full potential sentry can do, maybe create a werewolf to fight on his behalf or better still hold a cosmic cube or even better try to overload despero with energy, right? That's quite something, we haven't seen full potential frog-man too but that doesn't mean anything here.

True that feat was Mastermind's influence guided by the Void.
Similar feat was used against Jean Grey Phoenix. And we all know how that turned out.

tkitna
I thought Mastermind caused illusions of the Void which caused Sentry to erase the memories. Anyhow, I thought it was Bob's power that erased all of the memories. Anywho, I still think Bob wins.

iceman24567
I thought Mastermind caused illusions of the Void which caused Sentry to erase the memories. Anyhow, I thought it was Bob's power that erased all of the memories. Anywho, I still think Bob wins. It was Bobs power Mastermind just influenced him.

zeel
void sentry prolly but regular sentry would choke big time.

ThereIsHope
Sentry was a character who never lived up to his potential. Despero on the other hand got bonned by DC's usual stupid writing

Mindset
I thought Mastermind caused illusions of the Void which caused Sentry to erase the memories. Anyhow, I thought it was Bob's power that erased all of the memories. Anywho, I still think Bob wins. Everything you said is true.

Do you believe that Superman + Captain Marvel + Wonder Woman + Powergirl have the power to shatter every bone in a Savage HULKs body?
probably

Voidtry wins

sentry void free showings are all over the place, his avergae is insufficient here.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.