Champion vs Lobo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ozz81
1. Champs with PG vs Lobo at peak H2H combat no BFR.

2. Champs without PG vs Lobs at peak H2H , no BFR .

Who wins in each of the above battles?

tkitna
Champion should win both, but in character, i'll give him the first and Lobo the second.

guy222
yup

Flyattractor
Who is Champion again???

Ahhhh Fug it... LOBO DA MAIN MAN WIN!

DTM
Champion is an immortal Elder of the Universe, who specializes in physical combat. Hes versed, experienced, mastered in most all forms of fighting in the universe, and has a Class 100 strength/toughness physique (and he usually carries the Power Gem, to augment him even further).

Golgo13
I'll go with the Main Man with actual feats.

BlueFnord
Lobo in both. Champion cannot put down a peak Lobo for the count .

abhilegend
Champion in first. Lobo in second.

DTM
Thanos admittedly had to trick a PG holding Champion in order to get his gem during Thanos Quest, thats gotta say something for how powerful that form of Champion really is.

carver9
Champion with the gem destroys Lobo. Without is a better fight. People are forgetting Champion taking out a group of Heralds without struggle.

DTM
Yeah, Ill support PG Champion to beat Lobo more than not, with Lobo slightly beating out Champion a tad more when he doesnt have the PG.

Horrificus
Originally posted by DTM
Thanos admittedly had to trick a PG holding Champion in order to get his gem during Thanos Quest, thats gotta say something for how powerful that form of Champion really is. Kind of. But, remember, back then, Thanos was not being built up as an unbeatable, uber-powerful combatant, as he is now. Sure, he was very powerful, but this whole "unbeatable" thing has evolved relatively recently.

DTM
Maybe so, but back then Thanos was still solidly handling Surfer, which is well above what I see Lobo capable of doing.

Golgo13
Champion without the gem isn't nowhere near Lobo. With the gem, I agree.

DTM
Well he a good match even without the gem, hes still an immortal Class 100 uber bruiser versed in most any form of combat in the universe.

Golgo13
Who hasn't really done anything. Lobo has the feats, regeneration, and the intelligence to back him. Champion doesn't.

DTM
Well yes, the multiple feats Lobo has were the reason I voted for him over PG-less Champion (barely), but with the gem Champion gets my vote.

abhilegend
Originally posted by DTM
Well he a good match even without the gem, hes still an immortal Class 100 uber bruiser versed in most any form of combat in the universe. Originally posted by DTM
Well yes, the multiple feats Lobo has were the reason I voted for him over PG-less Champion (barely), but with the gem Champion gets my vote.
He's not that powerful. Surfer has two-shotted him and even being amped by two wristlets which augmented his strength considerably he was oneshotted by Drax w/PG who was around thor and hulk level with it. Lobo would own champion without PG.

abhilegend
Here's surfer two-shotting champion

http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/9597/silversurfer198700113zd0.jpg
http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/7385/silversurfer198700114rf5.jpg
http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/5514/silversurfer198700115bk5.jpg

Drax oneshotting an amped champion

http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/14777286_draxownschampion.jpg

Golgo13
LOL! Poor Champion. Didn't Thing also beat Champion?

"Id"
Champion by himself has his hands full by the Thing, and She Hulk. How in the phuck is he suppose to be superior to Lobo?

carver9
Originally posted by "Id"
Champion by himself has his hands full by the Thing, and She Hulk. How in the phuck is he suppose to be superior to Lobo?

Lobo had his hands full by Batman. How in the phuck is he suppose to beat Champion?

DarkSaint85
Lobo in both.

Batman would also beat Champion, so bad analogy carver.

tkitna
Originally posted by "Id"

The Thing fight was purely boxing and the Champion could have killed him if he wanted. The She-Hulk instance was one of the most poorly written stories in Marvel history. It was so bad that I boycotted anything Dan Slott had his name on afterwards. She-Hulk worked out and all of a sudden is superior to Champion? Give me a break. She should have kept it up so she could have smacked the likes of Galactus and Odin around too.

The Champion even without the PG should be able to hang with Lobo, but Marvel insists on making him out to be like the Rhino for some reason.

Golgo13
Should, because he's a cosmicly powered with vast martial arts skills, but he doesn't have the feats to back him up. Lobo on the other hand has taken it to pretty much all top tiers, mages, and even Lanterns like Sinestro, Hal, and Atrocitus. He has a wealth of feats that Champion doesn't.

Lobo kills him and nobody cares.

cdtm
Originally posted by Golgo13
LOL! Poor Champion. Didn't Thing also beat Champion?

No way! Thing almost got killed by him.

Things feat against Champion is having too much heart (Or being too dumb? stick out tongue ) to know when to stay down.

Without the Power Gem, Champion's nothing special.. With the power gem, he beat has some pretty impressive wins, which I believe happened in She Hulks title. Drax, Adam Warlock, Gladiator, Beta Ray Bill, Surfer (Who Champion once admitted defeat to in another comic) all failed to beat him in that story when he had the gem..

golem370
Drax had the power gem and before that Champion had just destoyed a planet with ease.

zopzop
Originally posted by tkitna
The She-Hulk instance was one of the most poorly written stories in Marvel history. It was so bad that I boycotted anything Dan Slott had his name on afterwards. She-Hulk worked out and all of a sudden is superior to Champion? Give me a break. She should have kept it up so she could have smacked the likes of Galactus and Odin around too.

Yup. Like I said, anything from a She-Hulk or Deadpool comic should be ignored as "fictional fiction" and not even used in VS forum threads. Working out to get big overcomes billions of years of martial arts training? That's bullsh|t, even by comic standards.

As to the thread, Champion wins with the PG, loses handily without it.

"Id"
Originally posted by carver9
Lobo had his hands full by Batman. How in the phuck is he suppose to beat Champion?

You see the problem is your drawing a low end moment for Lobo. Where his average, he brawls with High Herald class consistently.

On the other hand, I mentioned The Thing, and She Hulk due to not having much more point of references outside of those two encounters without the Gem.

gwah

cdtm
. She-Hulk worked out and all of a sudden is superior to Champion?

He had the gem when he beat all those other guys though, but not against Jen.

Same deal with Titania with the gem being too much for a large group of heroes, but getting stoimed by Shulk without it.

Not really a fan of Slott's work, but his writing was consistent at least, and he's not the only one to underrate Champion..

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by zopzop
Yup. Like I said, anything from a She-Hulk or Deadpool comic should be ignored as "fictional fiction" and not even used in VS forum threads. Working out to get big overcomes billions of years of martial arts training? That's bullsh|t, even by comic standards.

As bullshit, as, say...a Lobo comic?

zopzop
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
As bullshit, as, say...a Lobo comic?
Exactly! Thankfully he has insane showings OUTSIDE of his own comic so we can gauge his power.

Champion is just fail period. Even if you ignore that idiotic She-Hulk showing.

carver9
Isn't Champion powered by the energy from the big bang? This guy should be slapping Galactus around. Writers are stupid.

zopzop
Originally posted by carver9
Isn't Champion powered by the energy from the big bang?
Yup. The Power Primordial.

thumb up

"Id"
Originally posted by zopzop
Exactly! Thankfully he has insane showings OUTSIDE of his own comic so we can gauge his power.

Champion is just fail period. Even if you ignore that idiotic She-Hulk showing. people are quick to call out lobo, in his illogical moments. But those happen more often in his solo or mini series. His mainstream apperaneces, have been solid.

tkitna
Originally posted by cdtm
He had the gem when he beat all those other guys though, but not against Jen.

Same deal with Titania with the gem being too much for a large group of heroes, but getting stoimed by Shulk without it.

Not really a fan of Slott's work, but his writing was consistent at least, and he's not the only one to underrate Champion..

The guy went around looking for fights for what, a thousand, maybe a million years? Even without the gem, he's still an Elder of The Universe. He honestly should be like DC's Karate Kid, but times 100. No version of Jen, regardless of what she does, should ever be mentioned in the same breath as the Champion. I know you get what i'm saying and it is what it is, but what a shame Marvel only uses him to boost other characters.

curryman
Wait, wait, wait.

Someone actually took the She Hulk comics seriously?

zopzop
The guy went around looking for fights for what, a thousand, maybe a million years? Even without the gem, he's still an Elder of The Universe. He honestly should be like DC's Karate Kid, but times 100. No version of Jen, regardless of what she does, should ever be mentioned in the same breath as the Champion. I know you get what i'm saying and it is what it is, but what a shame Marvel only uses him to boost other characters.
No, not thousands. Not millions. Not tens of millions. But BILLIONS. He's BILLIONS of years old and has been studying the martial arts all that time.

So you have a CL100 (at least) immortal being that's been studying the martial arts of every sentient race in the universe for the passed few BILLION years and is backed by the Power Primordial (aka the Big Bang) losing to a bulked up She-Hulk. See why I hate Marvel?
Originally posted by curryman
Wait, wait, wait.

Someone actually took the She Hulk comics seriously?
Not me. She's the female Deadpool and anything that happens in her comic is bullsh|t even by fictional standards.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.