Thanos vs Asgardians

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

keiththegreat
Thanos

vs

Thor
Beta Ray Bill
Sif
Heimdall
The Warriors Three
Tyr
Hermod
Balder (Not king Balder)

Fight takes place in an empty field in Asgard.

Sin I AM
thanos 10/10

DarkSaint85
Lol.

Thanos is on Odin's level. Bear that in mind next time you wish to match him up with some Asgardians.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Lol.

Thanos is on Odin's level. Bear that in mind next time you wish to match him up with some Asgardians.

no

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Lol.

When did Thanos get an upgrade to being an elite skyfather?

DarkSaint85
Not saying he wins against Odin, that's a topic for another thread.

But he could give him a good fight. Especially since his TI upgrades.

comicfan11
Depends.
Can the Asgardians summon Groot to punch him, Hawkeye to make an arrow cushion out of him and Vision to break his teeth?

If not Thanos should win.

Silent Master
Thanos isn't Odin level.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Batman vs. Daredevil is a good fight. Odin vs. Thanos is a chance to bet some money on how long before Thanos dies from his beatings.

celeyhyga17
Thanos wins, but he's no top level skyfather.

TheLordofMurder
Thanos cant even beat these guys; Thanos loses...

the ninjak
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
A badly written comic showing Thanos being taken away by cops is no real feat.

Regardless.

Originally posted by comicfan11
Depends.
Can the Asgardians summon Groot to punch him, Hawkeye to make an arrow cushion out of him and Vision to break his teeth?

Groot and the Avengers gave current Thanos a good smashing whilst in mid-air. Seems Thanos has no advantage whilst falling. Weird how he never unleashed his energy attacks!!!!! It would've repelled all of them.

celeyhyga17
GotG, Avengers, and FF > this Asgardian group.

abhilegend
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
GotG, Avengers, and FF > this Asgardian group.
Everyone in that list didn't fight thanos.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by abhilegend
Everyone in that list didn't fight thanos. There were off panel shenanigans. Even if we strike the off panel shenanigan, that group on panel still outclasses this Asgardian group.

abhilegend
There were off panel shenanigans. Even if we strike the off panel shenanigan, that group on panel still outclasses this Asgardian group.
There were no off-panel shenanigans, bendis isn't that type of writer. One shot each by thor,hulk,rulk,thing and vision and some punches by groot>this group? You convinced me./sarcasm

guy222
thanos should win

celeyhyga17
There were no off-panel shenanigans, bendis isn't that type of writer. One shot each by thor,hulk,rulk,thing and vision and some punches by groot>this group? You convinced me./sarcasm smh... Reading comprehension man... Sigh.. There was clear evidence of off panel attacks. How do u explain the arrows that littered his armor along with the smoke emanating from his body that suggested off panel blasts? Sigh...

Badabing
Volstagg solos Thermos.

the Darkone
If Asgard has excess to their arsenal they will win, if not they will lose!!

abhilegend
smh... Reading comprehension man... Sigh.. There was clear evidence of off panel attacks. How do u explain the arrows that littered his armor along with the smoke emanating from his body that suggested off panel blasts? Sigh...
What? You mean hawkeye's trick and bomb arrows did more harm than hulk,thor,rulk etc combined? That's what that smoke was. Thanos is even more pathetic than I realized.

golem370
Can these guys do the kind of damage that Odin can do because it would take his kind of power to stop Thanos imo

celeyhyga17
What? You mean hawkeye's trick and bomb arrows did more harm than hulk,thor,rulk etc combined? That's what that smoke was. Thanos is even more pathetic than I realized. So you agree there were off panel goings on?
Concession accepted. Thank you for your time.

abhilegend
So you agree there were off panel goings on?
Concession accepted. Thank you for your time.
laughing out loud

So you agree that hawkeye did more damage than all the other heroes combined, right?

PillarofOsiris
Thor by himself has taken down bigger threats than Thanos. I don't think he would take a majority against Thanos by any means, or even win 1/10 against him un normal circumstances, but I would say it's not out of the realm of possibility that this team could pull off a win or two against Thanos (who is EXTREMELY overrated on this site IMO). I mean the amount of people who think it would take a guy like Odin to bring down Thanos is ridiculous. He's a trans level character. No more, no less.

celeyhyga17
laughing out loud

So you agree that hawkeye did more damage than all the other heroes combined, right? Usually when someone starts to not make sense, they're deflecting and or reaching.

abhilegend
Usually when someone starts to not make sense, they're deflecting and or reaching.
Which you are doing now. Why mention hawkeye's arrows piercing thanos to somehow negate the absolute humiliation thanos and some random bomb arrow he used against him because no one else in that group uses attacks that left somke as a residue? The amount of reaching thanos fangirls do to somehow nullify this showing is amusing if nothing else.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
Thor by himself has taken down bigger threats than Thanos. I don't think he would take a majority against Thanos by any means, or even win 1/10 against him un normal circumstances, but I would say it's not out of the realm of possibility that this team could pull off a win or two against Thanos (who is EXTREMELY overrated on this site IMO). I mean the amount of people who think it would take a guy like Odin to bring down Thanos is ridiculous. He's a trans level character. No more, no less. I almost agree. If they start getting exotic sure they can. On average, not really.

celeyhyga17
Which you are doing now. Why mention hawkeye's arrows piercing thanos to somehow negate the absolute humiliation thanos and some random bomb arrow he used against him because no one else in that group uses attacks that left somke as a residue? The amount of reaching thanos fangirls do to somehow nullify this showing is amusing if nothing else.
Lol no.

pym-ftw
or more than hawkeye attacked him off panel

Damborgson
laughing out loud

So you agree that hawkeye did more damage than all the other heroes combined, right?

Well of course. He was running on Bendis power. Hardly anything to hold against Thanos. It takes more than a trans character to take down Lord Barton.

zopzop
Originally posted by Damborgson
He was running on Bendis power.
Exactly. I bet you that idiot would have Batman drawing blood from Superman with a well placed kick. That's how stupid Bendis is.

leonidas
Originally posted by comicfan11
Depends.

lol thumb up

abhilegend
Lol no. Originally posted by pym-ftw
or more than hawkeye attacked him off panel
So, nothing but excuses?Originally posted by Damborgson
Well of course. He was running on Bendis power. Hardly anything to hold against Thanos. It takes more than a trans character to take down Lord Barton.
I never said otherwise, but thanos fangirls would disagree.

quanchi112
What? You mean hawkeye's trick and bomb arrows did more harm than hulk,thor,rulk etc combined? That's what that smoke was. Thanos is even more pathetic than I realized. You sound jelly. Thanos while weakened from the cc still didn't lose from three super teams. Unforgettable showing of power for Thanos.

DarkOdin
Originally posted by quanchi112
You sound jelly. Thanos while weakened from the cc still didn't lose from three super teams. Unforgettable showing of power for Thanos. It was never stated he was weaked or showing signs of be weaking in that arc, He however was caught off guard,

Thanos fighting at Team that is smart enough to hit in run and catch his off gaurd should be able to take him down, He they slug it out them go down i am giving the team a majority6/10 not because they are more powerful but they have the tools to hurt Thanos and fighting smart they can bring him down

celeyhyga17
So, nothing but excuses?
I never said otherwise, but thanos fangirls would disagree.
what exactly are you arguing? sad...

vince_slice
Originally posted by DarkOdin
It was never stated he was weaked or showing signs of be weaking in that arc, He however was caught off guard,

It was mentioned by Stark that Thanos may have did damage to himself using the bootleg CC.

vince_slice
*Edit double post.

abhilegend
what exactly are you arguing? sad...
Nothing. Its just amuses me how far thanos fanboys are going to reach before conceding that thanos had an incredibly low showing and move on. Its not like Ka-zar beat thanos down or something. The age of starlin is past us bro, thanos is going to get beat down like every other villain at the end of the arc.

abhilegend
Originally posted by vince_slice
It was mentioned by Stark that Thanos may have did damage to himself using the bootleg CC.
I think he was speculating with the "may be" part.

celeyhyga17
Nothing. Its just amuses me how far thanos fanboys are going to reach before conceding that thanos had an incredibly low showing and move on. Its not like Ka-zar beat thanos down or something. The age of starlin is past us bro, thanos is going to get beat down like every other villain at the end of the arc.

lawl... who said that wasn't a low showing? your hate is showing. btw did you just bite off that "age of starlin phrase"? lawls...

abhilegend
lawl... who said that wasn't a low showing? your hate is showing. btw did you just bite off that "age of starlin phrase"? lawls...
I'm hating because I call it a low showing and is not making BS excuses to make it look better for thanos.

Right.

Also do you have anything else to say or just "lawl, you are a hater"?

vince_slice
I think he was speculating with the "may be" part.

I doubt the writer would have Stark talk about it only to have it not be true at all.

All of Stark's other "speculations" turned out to be true, e.g., like how Thanos couldn't control the CC properly, and how he could only BFR people. So his theory on Thanos damaging himself because of his lack of control of CC is more likely to be true.

celeyhyga17
I'm hating because I call it a low showing and is not making BS excuses to make it look better for thanos.

Right.

Also do you have anything else to say or just "lawl, you are a hater"?
damn you are consumbed by hate. you want him to fail sooo bad you can taste it. ill pray for you.

abhilegend
I doubt the writer would have Stark talk about it only to have it not be true at all.

All of Stark's other "speculations" turned out to be true, e.g., like how Thanos couldn't control the CC properly, and how he could only BFR people. So his theory on Thanos damaging himself because of his lack of control of CC is more likely to be true.
Maybe, maybe not. That's not the concrete evidence to show that thanos was weakened. Its just a statement made from a character with the mentioned character showing no hint of weakness. Also just because tony made right assumptions with regards to the faux cube which he knows more than probably everyone else due to being familiar with it doesn't mean he was right in "may be thanos hurt himself" using that faux cube. Or did you notice that none of the two statements he made about the faux cube were started with "may be". That's because those two were supported by thor gathering data on thanos, third was him speculating.

abhilegend
damn you are consumbed by hate. you want him to fail sooo bad you can taste it. ill pray for you.
Yeah I'm "consumbed" with hate whatever that means though. I don't think I want thanos to fail. He is already a massive mary sue, author avatar, one note character that can be basically described as "I'M SO POWAHFULLZZZ AND INTELLIGENT". I don't think anybody can go lower than that.

TheLordofMurder
This is what happens when Thanos takes on Asgardians:

vince_slice
Maybe, maybe not. That's not the concrete evidence to show that thanos was weakened. Its just a statement made from a character with the mentioned character showing no hint of weakness. Also just because tony made right assumptions with regards to the faux cube which he knows more than probably everyone else due to being familiar with it doesn't mean he was right in "may be thanos hurt himself" using that faux cube. Or did you notice that none of the two statements he made about the faux cube were started with "may be". That's because those two were supported by thor gathering data on thanos, third was him speculating.

He didn't make "assumptions", he studied the cube and found out what it really was (a dark energy generator or whatever) and explained how Thanos mistook it for a real CC, and merged with the fake CC weakening himself. And this is due to his lack of control while merged.

The fact that he was right about his other statements about the cube makes it more likely that he's right about Thanos damaging himself. Stark studied the thing and actually knows what he's talking about. This would explain the low showing for Thanos, but of course people like to conviniently ignore what Stark said, or pretend he's wrong.

But let's say we take a neutral stance and think "maybe" Thanos damaged himself. The fact that Thanos "might have" weakened himself when he merged with the CC is more than enough to refute people using it as baseline of Thanos' power level because he "might have" been weakend.

abhilegend
He didn't make "assumptions", he studied the cube and found out what it really was (a dark energy generator or whatever) and explained how Thanos mistook it for a real CC, and merged with the fake CC weakening himself. And this is due to his lack of control while merged.

The fact that he was right about his other statements about the cube makes it more likely that he's right about Thanos damaging himself. Stark studied the thing and actually knows what he's talking about. This would explain the low showing for Thanos, but of course people like to conviniently ignore what Stark said, or pretend he's wrong.

But let's say we take a neutral stance and think "maybe" Thanos damaged himself. The fact that Thanos "might have" weakened himself when he merged with the CC is more than enough to refute people using it as baseline of Thanos' power level because he "might have" been weakend.
That's not enough evidence. Tony didn't start with "may be the cube is a faux ube" like he did with thanos. The first two are facts based on observation and the third is pure speculation with "may be he damaged himself using that faux cube". He had no way of knowing that and thanos himself made no implication that he was injured. The fact that Tony was right about two statements made on data gathered by thor doesn't mean he was right in the speculation too.

The fact that we don't have any concrete evidence of thanos damaging himself other than a speculation from tony and the extent of the injury makes this claim dubious at best and an excuse at worst. Thanos could've nicked his chin for all we know.

vince_slice
That's not enough evidence. Tony didn't start with "may be the cube is a faux ube" like he did with thanos. The first two are facts based on observation and the third is pure speculation with "may be he damaged himself using that faux cube". He had no way of knowing that and thanos himself made no implication that he was injured. The fact that Tony was right about two statements made on data gathered by thor doesn't mean he was right in the speculation too.

The fact that we don't have any concrete evidence of thanos damaging himself other than a speculation from tony and the extent of the injury makes this claim dubious at best and an excuse at worst. Thanos could've nicked his chin for all we know.

He theorized that Thanos weakened himself when he merged the cube based on knowledge of how the fake CC worked. He wasn't simply throwing out random ideas. He came to that conclusion logically based on what he knew about the cube, it wasn't random speculation like you're implying.

Sorry, but unlike you, I don't like to ignore on-panel statements by major characters, and unlike you I don't like pretending they're wrong if it the statements don't suit my opinion. I'd rather take everything into account, and not cherry pick.

The fact still remains, Tony said Thanos weakened himself when he merged with the fake CC, based on his knowledge of the fake CC. The fact that Thanos may have been weakened during his low showing refutes anybody using it as Thanos' new baseline (which is already dumb to begin with).

zopzop
This is what happens when Thanos takes on Asgardians:
Oh you..... stick out tongue

But that wasn't "Asgardians" that was their creator. Thanos was bulldozing through Asgard and it's defenses and Odin knew he needed to act.

abhilegend
He theorized that Thanos weakened himself when he merged the cube based on knowledge of how the fake CC worked. He wasn't simply throwing out random ideas. He came to that conclusion logically based on what he knew about the cube, it wasn't random speculation like you're implying.

Sorry, but unlike you, I don't like to ignore on-panel statements by major characters, and unlike you I don't like pretending they're wrong if it the statements don't suit my opinion. I'd rather take everything into account, and not cherry pick.

The fact still remains, Tony said Thanos weakened himself when he merged with the fake CC, based on his knowledge of the fake CC. The fact that Thanos may have been weakened during his low showing refutes anybody using it as Thanos' new baseline (which is already dumb to begin with).

The fact still pertains that the first two statements were based on facts while the third was just speculation.

I'm not saying it was necessarily a wrong speculation but there is little evidence its right and thanos himself making no implication of being weakened makes it non-viable.

No, it doesn't as we don't go by speculations. You however are totally entitled to be happy with it and nobody used it as a baseline for thanos. Its treated like a low showing which it was.

vince_slice
The fact still pertains that the first two statements were based on facts while the third was just speculation.

I'm not saying it was necessarily a wrong speculation but there is little evidence its right and thanos himself making no implication of being weakened makes it non-viable.

No, it doesn't as we don't go by speculations. You however are totally entitled to be happy with it and nobody used it as a baseline for thanos. Its treated like a low showing which it was.

And the fact still remains, Tony thought Thanos may have weakened himself based on his knowledge of the CC. This is something you can't ignore, nor can you pretend didn't happen.

Yes, The fact that Thanos "may have" been weakened during his low showing refutes people trying to use it as a baseline. Anyone who uses it as a baseline is automatically assuming Tony's statements are wrong, a assumption that can't be supported.

No one using it as a baseline? laughing out loud I guess you haven't been around the forums lately. Almost every Thanos thread has posts about this low showing and people using it as a baseline.

Damborgson
I'm not quite understanding why this is be taken as such a big deal. Even weakened, it still seemed sub par for Thanos and considering Bendis doesn't give an actual phuck about power levels if it doesn't suit the story, it shouldn't be held against Thanos and should basically be just a trolling tool against Thanos fans. (stick out tongue) but other than that, it should be taken with as much seriousness as Bendis going full Bendis should be taken with. Meaning it's not such a big deal since everyone has their downfall at Bendis' hands at one point or another.

abhilegend
And the fact still remains, Tony thought Thanos may have weakened himself based on his knowledge of the CC. This is something you can't ignore, nor can you pretend didn't happen.

Yes, The fact that Thanos "may have" been weakened during his low showing refutes people trying to use it as a baseline. Anyone who uses it as a baseline is automatically assuming Tony's statements are wrong, a assumption that can't be supported.

No one using it as a baseline? laughing out loud I guess you haven't been around the forums lately. Almost every Thanos thread has posts about this low showing and people using it as a baseline.
I'm not ignoring it and neither pretending it didn't happen. That's why I'm discussing it with you.

Yeah and it can be used in the opposite side as well as there is no evidence that it was true either. The previous statements don't give credibility to a speculation.

Welcome to comic book forums and the pain of darkseid fans.

vince_slice
I think of course a big part of the low showing was just bad writing. It was just Marvel trying to cash off of the movie.

But I don't like the fact that people are completely ignoring what Tony said about Thanos maybe weakening himself, or simplying assuming Tony is wrong based off nothing. I think it should definitely be taken into account, not ignored conviniently, during Thanos' low showing. It would make more sense too, given Thanos' history.

But the low showing is a pretty potent troll tool.

abhilegend
I think of course a big part of the low showing was just bad writing. It was just Marvel trying to cash off of the movie.

But I don't like the fact that people are completely ignoring what Tony said about Thanos maybe weakening himself, or simplying assuming Tony is wrong based off nothing. I think it should definitely be taken into account, not ignored conviniently, during Thanos' low showing. It would make more sense too, given Thanos' history.

But the low showing is a pretty potent troll tool.
Something I agree with you. Must be ending of the world.stick out tongue

Yeah, its left ambiguous as hell. Typical bendis.

Bendis is writing GoTG in which thanos is going to appear. You should get ready for another beatdown.

celeyhyga17
Welcome to comic book forums and the pain of darkseid fans.
So now we get to the crux of the matter. This was never about Thanos after all...
wink

DarkOdin
It was mentioned by Stark that Thanos may have did damage to himself using the bootleg CC. Still i took as Thons was got off -guard it is not like the team put Thanos done it was clear he was getting up to fight again when the abtracts came and spank his purple but and there was not much Thanos could do to defend himself as he deosn't fly and the team was basiclly beating him as he was falling

Damborgson
laughing out loud this was in "Bada's book of Dur"

http://images.killermovies.com/forums/customsmilies/abhidur.gif

vince_slice

laughing abhi should be honoured to have an emoticon dedicated to him.

Still i took as Thons was got off -guard it is not like the team put Thanos done it was clear he was getting up to fight again when the abtracts came and spank his purple but and there was not much Thanos could do to defend himself as he deosn't fly and the team was basiclly beating him as he was falling

I necessarily disagree, I think it was a combination of things, like maybe being weakened according to Tony, being caught off guard, and just plain bad writing.

quanchi112
lawl... who said that wasn't a low showing? your hate is showing. btw did you just bite off that "age of starlin phrase"? lawls... It's so obvious. His double standards are nauseating.

It was never stated he was weaked or showing signs of be weaking in that arc, He however was caught off guard,

Thanos fighting at Team that is smart enough to hit in run and catch his off gaurd should be able to take him down, He they slug it out them go down i am giving the team a majority6/10 not because they are more powerful but they have the tools to hurt Thanos and fighting smart they can bring him down Yes, it was. You're wrong.

abhilegend

I requested estacado to make that Dammy.

sneer

abhilegend
So now we get to the crux of the matter. This was never about Thanos after all...
wink
facepalmx

T'was a joke celly.

Damborgson
I requested estacado to make that Dammy.

sneer

http://images.killermovies.com/forums/customsmilies/hmph.gif nope.

stick out tongue

abhilegend
http://images.killermovies.com/forums/customsmilies/hmph.gif nope.

stick out tongue
Shut up DamItachison.

uhuh

stick out tongue

DarkOdin
It's so obvious. His double standards are nauseating.

Yes, it was. You're wrong. But was it stated Thanos was weak from his regualr stats or just weak compared to when he had the cube amp??? i have to check my issue again

quanchi112
But was it stated Thanos was weak from his regualr stats or just weak compared to when he had the cube amp??? i have to check my issue again I accept your apology.

TheLordofMurder
I accept your apology.

Odin had to apologize to the Living Tribunal for cruel and inhuman treatment of a fellow sentient being after doing this to Thanos:

quanchi112
Odin had to apologize to the Living Tribunal for cruel and inhuman treatment of a fellow sentient being after doing this to Thanos: You're so repetitive and harmless it's adorable.

DarkOdin
I accept your apology. No apology aimed to you actually because you back the story I and most of everyone else on this forum would think anything you said is a twisted form of the actually context of the statement.

Raisen

LOL! They even cuffed him up front like they would a pregnant women, as if he was hardly a threat at all. LOL

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.