Saint Of Killers VS Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LordofBrooklyn
Saint Of Killers

VS

Thanos

Killer or Mad God?

quanchi112
Thanos wins.

Mindset
SOK beats Thanos to death with his guns.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Mindset
SOK beats Thanos to death with his guns. Immune to death.

Mindset
SOK doesn't care and neither do we.

SOK beats him to death 10/10.

quanchi112
SOK doesn't care and neither do we.

SOK beats him to death 10/10. Get back to me when Sok can defeat a simple vampire. Sok is out of his depth. Thanos eradicates him.

Mindset
When has Thanos beaten a vampire?

Never.

SOK 10/10.

quanchi112
When has Thanos beaten a vampire?

Never.

SOK 10/10. Vampires know to keep their distance from Lord Thanos.

Thanos 11/10.

Mindset
Thanos has lived his entire life running from vampires.

SOK will go back in time, get pregnant with Thanos, then have him aborted.

SOK wins every single time.

quanchi112
Thanos has lived his entire life running from vampires.

SOK will go back in time, get pregnant with Thanos, then have him aborted.

SOK wins every single time. Thanos is sought after by many homos. The saint of these homos is no different to Lord Thanos. Thanos destroys him while taking a cosmic dump.

Mindset
Originally posted by quanchi112
Thanos is sought after by many homos. Well that would explain why you are his biggest fan.

mmm

I accept you, Quan.

Zack Fair
Thanos is sought after by many homos. The saint of these homos is no different to Lord Thanos. Thanos destroys him while taking a cosmic dump. Originally posted by Mindset
Well that would explain why you are his biggest fan.

mmm

I accept you, Quan. http://cdn2.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1336819/699349861_medium.gif

quanchi112

mmm

I accept you, Quan. I am Thanos you silly goose.

DTM
Saint Of Killers killed GOD, if I remember, Thanos will definately not be able to beat him.

KingD19
Since when has Thanos been immune to death? He's died a couple times.

That's why he's so jealous of Deadpool because of the relationship he has with Death and his blessing from her to be unkillable.

ThereIsHope

mmm

I accept you, Quan.

laughing out loud laughing eek!

Bentley
That exchange has to be one of the best Quanchi pwnings around here laughing out loud

zopzop
Originally posted by DTM
Saint Of Killers killed GOD, if I remember, Thanos will definately not be able to beat him.
Except that the "God" of that universe was a joke AND depowered at the time (because he wasn't on his throne).

Thanos murders this overrated fool.

TheLordofMurder

mmm

I accept you, Quan.

laughing out loud

thumb up

You pwned Quanchi worse than Odin pwned Thanos!

quanchi112
Originally posted by KingD19
Since when has Thanos been immune to death? He's died a couple times.

That's why he's so jealous of Deadpool because of the relationship he has with Death and his blessing from her to be unkillable. Thanos Imperative, bro.Originally posted by Bentley
That exchange has to be one of the best Quanchi pwnings around here laughing out loud I won in that exchange. Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
laughing out loud

thumb up

You pwned Quanchi worse than Odin pwned Thanos! The same old tired pages and arguments designed to rattle the one who does not rattle.

DTM
Originally posted by zopzop
Except that the "God" of that universe was a joke AND depowered at the time (because he wasn't on his throne).

Thanos murders this overrated fool.

Im pretty sure SOK killed Satan while in Hell (I dont mean Mephisto in his evil dimension, I mean actually killed the Devil in Hell), that to me is loads over was normal Thanos is capable of.

ThereIsHope
Didnt SOK also kill every angel in heaven?

DarkSaint85
He did. But then, there was the isolated incident where he didn't kill Cassidy.

Although I thought we didn't take low showings/PIS into account.

ThereIsHope
The excuse was that he was already dead or some bullshit. Thanos isnt dead though is he? So unless he makes a deal with Dracula to help him i dont think he's winning.

ThereIsHope
I say that the vampire crap is PIS. The guy could die from sunlight, probably a steak, and decapitation. He also got his butt kicked by a human. If SOK got his hands on the guy he'd probably get beat down BAD.

AlmightyKfish
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
He did. But then, there was the isolated incident where he didn't kill Cassidy.

Although I thought we didn't take low showings/PIS into account.

It's a dodgy argument to lose considering the Saint's later feats, especially as Ennis has said that it was a mistake and they hadn't solidified sorting out the Saint's character at that point.

AlmightyKfish
Originally posted by ThereIsHope
I say that the vampire crap is PIS. The guy could die from sunlight, probably a steak, and decapitation. He also got his butt kicked by a human. If SOK got his hands on the guy he'd probably get beat down BAD.

Well other than sunlight he couldn't be killed- it was specifically stated that stakes did nothing and he actually got decapitated during the New Orleans arc.

But yeah, Cassidy broke his hand punching the Saint iirc.

DarkSaint85
Also, Cassidy loves steaks stick out tongue

pym-ftw
Not sure why God spawn gets nitpicked but not Sok

ThereIsHope
What did God Spawn do that he shold get Nit Picked? He remade the entire freaking earth, and own a super powerful angel

DarkSaint85
Where? You mean how despite having the power of God, people don't give him respect?

I think its more the fact MAn of Miracles said every planet had its own God and Devil. So God spawn is more akin to a Thor, for example.

pym-ftw
How spawn Gods lack of feats make him seem less than abstract

ThereIsHope
Course he has lack of feats. He only came out in a few issues. Cant really have alot of feats if your only in a few issues. But yes he doesnt have feats like Marques of Death or even Franklin Richards. I guess even King of Hell Spawn has better feats.

DarkSaint85
Meh, TOAA has a lack of feats stick out tongue

Omega Vision

mmm

I accept you, Quan.
Ngl, literally spat out some of my cereal.

ThereIsHope
I LOL'd out loud

quanchi112
Didnt SOK also kill every angel in heaven? How powerful were their angels ?

zopzop
Originally posted by DTM
Im pretty sure SOK killed Satan while in Hell (I dont mean Mephisto in his evil dimension, I mean actually killed the Devil in Hell), that to me is loads over was normal Thanos is capable of.
Yeah and? Mephisto is INFINITELY more impressive than that "Satan" that SoK's killed.

Post the scan of that drooling fool ("Satan"wink so we can all get a laugh. SoK's "God" and "Satan" weren't impressive.................at all.

DTM
Whether they actually displayed their power or not, they are still the biblical representations of God and the Devil, which again, to me is much more than normal Thanos brings.

abhilegend

mmm

I accept you, Quan.
laughcry

NemeBro

mmm

I accept you, Quan. Pffffttfdngosdjokgmnsdkl haermm

I came buckets. BUCKETS.

zopzop
Originally posted by DTM
Whether they actually displayed their power or not, they are still the biblical representations of God and the Devil, which again, to me is much more than normal Thanos brings.
Even if this is correct, "God" wasn't on his Throne and hence vulnerable when SoK's killed him.

What exactly has "biblical" Satan done that's so impressive? Nothing! What exactly has SoK's 'biblical' representation of Satan done that's so impressive? Nothing. In fact, both "God" and "Satan" were shown to be clueless morons!

Thanos wins 10/10.

leonidas
this is entirely a case of writer intent. common sense dictates that feats really have to be thrown in this type of match. there are many ways feats can be entirely misleading in this forum, whether by unfair quantity (hence more highs and low feats), arguable PIS, or, in this case, vastly different universes that make comparisons between individuals ridiculous. imo it's not a question that were thanos dropped in the preacher verse sok could and would kill him, effortlessly. that's what he DOES. a neutral universe makes this muddled and leads to these feats and decrying of feats. still, given what he was intended to be, i'd say sok could certainly kill thanos.

zopzop
Originally posted by leonidas
this is entirely a case of writer intent. common sense dictates that feats really have to be thrown in this type of match. there are many ways feats can be entirely misleading in this forum, whether by unfair quantity (hence more highs and low feats), arguable PIS, or, in this case, vastly different universes that make comparisons between individuals ridiculous. imo it's not a question that were thanos dropped in the preacher verse sok could and would kill him, effortlessly. that's what he DOES. a neutral universe makes this muddled and leads to these feats and decrying of feats. still, given what he was intended to be, i'd say sok could certainly kill thanos.
But I don't understand why you'd believe this?

Who was the most impressive person SoK killed that wasn't already weakened somehow (ie "God" by not being on his throne)?

What did Preacherverse "Satan" do, who did he fight that makes him so impressive? I KNOW you're not gonna use the "he was supposed to be the "biblical" Satan" line of reasoning because "biblical Satan" hasn't done jack that's impressive.

DarkSaint85
Why do we believe that SoK was invulnerable and nothing could harm him?

Because within the confines of the 'realistic' world that he inhabited, he flat out tanked everything thrown at him, without even a scratch, even a nuke. Even when Superman gets hit with a nuke, he gets a scratch, or his clothes get torn up a bit.

Everything he tried to kill, he killed. And his guns were made to kill everything, and would never need reloading, and never miss. We saw for sure that two of those statements were true (I never saw him reload, or run out of bullets, or miss).

SO, writers' intent was that he would create a character who cannot be harmed, and who would kill anything in his path. Just because he inhabited a weaksauce universe with no competition (relative to comic books, anyway) shouldn't take away from the intent. He is walking PIS, really.

leonidas
Why do we believe that SoK was invulnerable and nothing could harm him?

Because within the confines of the 'realistic' world that he inhabited, he flat out tanked everything thrown at him, without even a scratch, even a nuke. Even when Superman gets hit with a nuke, he gets a scratch, or his clothes get torn up a bit.

Everything he tried to kill, he killed. And his guns were made to kill everything, and would never need reloading, and never miss. We saw for sure that two of those statements were true (I never saw him reload, or run out of bullets, or miss).

SO, writers' intent was that he would create a character who cannot be harmed, and who would kill anything in his path. Just because he inhabited a weaksauce universe with no competition (relative to comic books, anyway) shouldn't take away from the intent. He is walking PIS, really.

yep, pretty sums it up for me as well. like i said, direct comparisons fail here--feats fail because there is no apple's-to-apple's comparison. we can only look at what was intended for the character. to me it's pretty clear that thanos would die, but......whatever.

Omega Vision
would it be in character for Thanos to throw the fight if he thought there was a chance that SOK could kill him?

Is he still seeking death?

leonidas
But I don't understand why you'd believe this?

Who was the most impressive person SoK killed that wasn't already weakened somehow (ie "God" by not being on his throne)?

What did Preacherverse "Satan" do, who did he fight that makes him so impressive? I KNOW you're not gonna use the "he was supposed to be the "biblical" Satan" line of reasoning because "biblical Satan" hasn't done jack that's impressive.

lol at biblical satan not having feats....in the bible! honestly zop, that ACTUALLY made me lol.

satan doesn't "need" feats for it to be understood that he is powerful, for readers to understand who and what he represents. again, this goes toward that idea that feats can be "mis-representative", and should be used, at times, with some common sense and attention to what is intended by the author.

you're right, you win a feat war. in this case, i simply don't put much stock (any) in direct comparisons of the sort you're trying to establish. :/

zopzop
lol at biblical satan not having feats....in the bible! honestly zop, that ACTUALLY made me lol.

satan doesn't "need" feats for it to be understood that he is powerful, for readers to understand who and what he represents. again, this goes toward that idea that feats can be "mis-representative", and should be used, at times, with some common sense and attention to what is intended by the author.

you're right, you win a feat war. in this case, i simply don't put much stock (any) in direct comparisons of the sort you're trying to establish. :/
Why LOL? What has "biblical" Satan done to make you think he's so impressive?

And this has nothing to do with a "feat" war. Thanos has more impressive actual ON PANEL fights.

Again, who was the most impressive person SoK's beat that wasn't already weakened somehow?

Galan007
Genesis was likely 'the' most powerful thing SoK killed, as he/she/it was God's equal.

DarkSaint85
Also, because SoK was meant to be a walking plot device (if it needed killing, he would kill it), transplant him into Marvel, or DC, and the writer would have him killing everything he goes up against, like a cosmic Punisher.

zopzop
Originally posted by Galan007
Genesis was likely 'the' most powerful thing SoK killed, as he/she/it was God's equal.
This can't be accurate. Otherwise SoK's couldn't have killed Genesis. SoK's only killed "God" because feeb wasn't on his throne.
Also, because SoK was meant to be a walking plot device (if it needed killing, he would kill it), transplant him into Marvel, or DC, and the writer would have him killing everything he goes up against, like a cosmic Punisher.
Yeah, like he killed that Vampire......oh wait.

DarkSaint85

Yeah, like he killed that Vampire......oh wait.

Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
It's a dodgy argument to lose considering the Saint's later feats, especially as Ennis has said that it was a mistake and they hadn't solidified sorting out the Saint's character at that point.

By this argument, Batman has more on panel displays of H2H skill.

Ergo, he beats Champion.

Or he beats the Living Tribunal.

Or he beats TOAA.

On panel, She-Hulk has done a lot of strange and wonderful stuff. So has Deadpool. We wouldn't want to rely solely on what has been depicted on panel, right, when in fact the writer intended them to be nothing more than wacky humour...

Galan007
This can't be accurate. It was outright stated on panel that Genesis was equal to God, so it is accurate. thumb up

Branlor Swift
It was outright stated on panel that Genesis was equal to God, so it is accurate. thumb up You're about to get zopped.

And then zopped again for good measure because he chose that name twice so he has to follow through.

zopzop
It was outright stated on panel that Genesis was equal to God, so it is accurate. thumb up
Then we got problems. Because it was also stated on panel, by SoK's himself, that he would never have been able to kill "God" if he was sitting on his Throne.

So unless Genesis also has that "throne weakness" he cannot be equal to "God".
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
You're about to get zopped.

And then zopped again for good measure because he chose that name twice so he has to follow through.
Oh please.

Branlor Swift
Then we got problems. Because it was also stated on panel, by SoK's himself, that he would never have been able to kill "God" if he was sitting on his Throne.

So unless Genesis also has that "throne weakness" he cannot be equal to "God".
There's the first zop

Galan007

So unless Genesis also has that "throne weakness" he cannot be equal to "God". I'm just telling you what the comic said, zop. Don't hate on me for citing canon info. thumb up
http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/14854581_p1.jpg

Remember, though, there was some inconsistency here and there. SoK killed Satan, the Angel of Death, various demons, was unable to kill a vampire, then killed Genesis, all of Heaven's angels, then God. So yeah...

kgkg
By this argument, Batman has more on panel displays of H2H skill.

Ergo, he beats Champion.

Or he beats the Living Tribunal.

Or he beats TOAA.
Is that really the argument he is making? laughing out loud

Zack Fair
Yes. ZopZop is on-panel feats nutso.

zopzop
I'm just telling you what the comic said, zop. Don't hate on me for citing canon info. thumb up
http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/14854581_p1.jpg

Remember, though, there was some inconsistency here and there. SoK killed Satan, the Angel of Death, various demons, was unable to kill a vampire, then killed Genesis, all of Heaven's angels, then God. So yeah...
But he ONLY killed "God" because God was vulnerable by NOT being seated on his throne! This was on panel also.
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/9116/982270-photo1_super.jpg

So unless Genesis had this weakness also, it CANNOT be equal to "God".

Galan007
So unless Genesis had this weakness also, it CANNOT be equal to "God". It was equal to God, though. It's right there in black and white, zop.

leonidas
Why LOL? What has "biblical" Satan done to make you think he's so impressive?

And this has nothing to do with a "feat" war. Thanos has more impressive actual ON PANEL fights.

Again, who was the most impressive person SoK's beat that wasn't already weakened somehow?

did you really just ask me WHY i laughed when you made mention of looking for on-bible feats from satan......? laughing out loud

and the definition of 'feats' is that they ARE on-panel--be they fights or feats of a different nature. so of course it is a feat war. galan (gracias partner) showed you genesis who was stated on panel as being god's equal. you don't want to accept it because it seems contrary to another of his showings, but......you can't simply disallow the one you don't like. and yes, we CAN have it both ways because....it's a comic, and they HAVE inconsistencies. or maybe they (the writers) originally thought he might/wanted him to kill god but later changed their minds? maybe we were supposed to understand more about his relationship to god? or maybe it was just a case of shoddy writing. either way, there IS on panel evidence to suggest he could kill someone of god's power. that you don't want to accept that is on you my friend. even without said evidence, i was of the opinion thanos dies strictly because sok was what he was.

zopzop
did you really just ask me WHY i laughed when you made mention of looking for on-bible feats from satan......? laughing out loud
It's funny because "biblical" Satan isn't impressive at all.

No the on panel evidence is contradictory. He didn't kill "God", he killed a weakened/depowered "God". He himself stated his weapons wouldn't work if "God" was on his Throne and hence at full power. So if Genesis was really equal to "God", then SoK's couldn't have killed him UNLESS he had the EXACT same weakness "God" had (being depowered while not on his Throne).

He couldn't even kill a vampire.

Thanos wrecks SoK's 10/10.

Rage.Of.Olympus

mmm

I accept you, Quan.

laughing out loud

Diesldude
It was equal to God, though. It's right there in black and white, zop. IIRC, Preacher God fled his throne after Genesis came into being. Genesis agreed to die so that God would then return to his throne which allowed SOK to ambush him on his way. LOL pretty weak sauce. But this doesn't absolve the fact that SOK was able to kill Genesis.

IMO SOK took over the Angel of Death's station. God appointed the AOD who then switched places with SOK. God at full power on his throne had the power to remove SOk from this (AOD) station and make him powerless which would have allowed him to defeat SOK. But he need to get to his throne to do this. IMO SOK had the power to Kill preacher God even at full power because he killed his equal in Genesis.

SOK kills Thanos, because at the very least, SOK = Lady Death.

DTM
Yeah, I agree. Even if SOK was only able to kill GOD because he was weaker while not on his throne, Id still say a weakened GOD would be several times stronger than normal Thanos. No, I have no proof of this, though considering there are MANY beings stronger than Thanos in Marvel, and GOD is basically TOAA, Id say a lesser/weakened TOAA is still well above Thanos, hence SOK should be able to kill him as he did the Devil (who was IN HELL at the time) and a lesser GOD.

Galan007
Frankly I'm amazed that people here are actually attempting to use 'Bible feats' to discredit comic book characters... It's truly unreal(in a funny/sad way.)

This might come as a surprise, but the Bible wasn't written to appease the 'feat mongers' of KMC. I know it may have been a more enjoyable read if they would've had Jesus busting planets and tanking black holes, but hey... You can't please everyone, I guess.

zopzop
Frankly I'm amazed that people here are actually attempting to use 'Bible feats' to discredit comic book characters... It's truly unreal(in a funny/sad way.)
I wasn't the one that said killing the "biblical" version of Satan was something to be impressed by. It isn't.......at all.

Thanos >>>>>>>>>>>>>Jesus. smokin'

Galan007
I wasn't the one that said killing the "biblical" version of Satan was something to be impressed by. It isn't.......at all. But you're attempting to discredit Preacher-verse Satan by way of 'Bible feats'. I really don't think that was leo's intention.

Thanos >>>>>>>>>>>>>Jesus. smokin' http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/14856182_jesus-flipping-you-off1.jpg

DarkSaint85
Lol. Genesis was equal in power to God, without his throne weakness.

Captain Marvel is equal to superman,without his Kryptonite weakness.

How can this be difficult to grasp????

Also, with on panel feats, Batman defeats Galactus, who can't take a headbutt, yes?

NemeBro
zopzop did not bring up Biblical Satan, DTM did to support them, and zopzop countered by pointing out that even taking them into consideration, the Biblical rendition of Satan himself hasn't really done anything particularly impressive.

Read the whole thread retards.

Mindset
It has been years since I read the series, but where does it say Genesis was equal to God? From someone who actually matters, that is.

Anyway, SOK could not kill God while he was on his throne.

TheGodKiller
When did the Saint kill Genesis? I recall him murdering Custer, but Genesis apparently was released(and lost) in the process which caused God to return to his throne only to find the SoK sitting on it.

leonidas

I wasn't the one that said killing the "biblical" version of Satan was something to be impressed by. It isn't.......at all.

honestly, of ALLLLLLL the things i've ever read in this forum, trying to use on-bible feats might be the most single hilarious thing i've ever heard of. maybe had grant morrison written the bible satan would be someone to be impressed by. oh well. LOL

But you're attempting to discredit Preacher-verse Satan by way of 'Bible feats'. I really don't think that was leo's intention.

i'd like to think some things could go without saying. craziest stance i've ever seen taken.....imagine delving into the bible to look for feats to justify actions by comic characters, imagine the paths that particular line of thought could take. if you can't see the ridiculous, laugh out loud nature of that pov, i'm not sure what to do for you. could you imagine if a group of writers walked in and saw this thread? zop, i'm pretty sure they'd think you should be locked in a rubber room. no offense, honestly. i just find your stance.....utterly remarkable. trying to use the specific details of 2000yr old texts to discredit a comic book character, is not something you see every day.......

anyway, fun discussion.

leonidas
this is entirely a case of writer intent. common sense dictates that feats really have to be thrown in this type of match..... given what he was intended to be, i'd say sok could certainly kill thanos.

this has nothing to do with a "feat" war.

Thanos has more impressive actual ON PANEL fights.

What has "biblical" Satan done to make you think he's so impressive?

did you really just ask me WHY i laughed when you made mention of looking for on-bible feats from satan......?

this is entirely a case of writer intent. common sense dictates that feats really have to be thrown in this type of match..... given what he was intended to be, i'd say sok could certainly kill thanos.

It's funny because "biblical" Satan isn't impressive at all..

you'll likely disagree zop, but, if you can't look back at that little bit of preciousness and laugh, i got nothing. laughing out loud

zopzop
honestly, of ALLLLLLL the things i've ever read in this forum, trying to use on-bible feats might be the most single hilarious thing i've ever heard of. maybe had grant morrison written the bible satan would be someone to be impressed by. oh well. LOL

i'd like to think some things could go without saying. craziest stance i've ever seen taken.....imagine delving into the bible to look for feats to justify actions by comic characters, imagine the paths that particular line of thought could take. if you can't see the ridiculous, laugh out loud nature of that pov, i'm not sure what to do for you. could you imagine if a group of writers walked in and saw this thread? zop, i'm pretty sure they'd think you should be locked in a rubber room. no offense, honestly. i just find your stance.....utterly remarkable. trying to use the specific details of 2000yr old texts to discredit a comic book character, is not something you see every day.......

anyway, fun discussion. Originally posted by leonidas
you'll likely disagree zop, but, if you can't look back at that little bit of preciousness and laugh, i got nothing. laughing out loud
Originally posted by NemeBro
zopzop did not bring up Biblical Satan, DTM did to support them, and zopzop countered by pointing out that even taking them into consideration, the Biblical rendition of Satan himself hasn't really done anything particularly impressive.

Read the whole thread retards.
smokin'

leonidas
which.......doesn't change the fact that you were asking me what made satan so impressive vis-a-vis the bible and asking what feats both satan and sok performed that makes one think he could kill thanos after i expressly stated i don't think feats have any bearing in this particular thread. (which is why i simply ignored neme's antagonistic post which really had no bearing at all on what you and i were initially discussing.....)

anywho, you seem pretty entrenched in your opinion (not that it was really my intent to try and change it) so.....whatever.

zopzop
which.......doesn't change the fact that you were asking me what made satan so impressive vis-a-vis the bible and asking what feats both satan and sok performed that makes one think he could kill thanos after i expressly stated i don't think feats have any bearing in this particular thread. (which is why i simply ignored neme's antagonistic post which really had no bearing at all on what you and i were initially discussing.....)

anywho, you seem pretty entrenched in your opinion (not that it was really my intent to try and change it) so.....whatever.
Neme's post wasn't antagonistic, it's just Neme being Neme. It's like saying Horrificus is insane because of his taste in comic characters (***cough Quasar cough******), it's not that Horrificus is insane, he just has crummy taste in characters stick out tongue

But yeah, SoK's Satan AND 'biblical' Satan aren't impressive in the least. I was just nipping that line of reasoning in the bud. I didn't bring it up.

I see where the pro SoK's side is coming from, I'm just trying to say the TDF have good reason to believe that Thanos could crush SoK.

ThereIsHope
Does it really matter if SOK didnt kill god on his throne? Thanos isnt equal to god last time I checked.

leonidas
Neme's post wasn't antagonistic, it's just Neme being Neme. It's like saying Horrificus is insane because of his taste in comic characters (***cough Quasar cough******), it's not that Horrificus is insane, he just has crummy taste in characters stick out tongue

But yeah, SoK's Satan AND 'biblical' Satan aren't impressive in the least. I was just nipping that line of reasoning in the bud. I didn't bring it up.

I see where the pro SoK's side is coming from, I'm just trying to say the TDF have good reason to believe that Thanos could crush SoK.

fair enuff. thumb up

ThereIsHope
I say that SOK's feats are enough to show he wins.

DTM
Does it really matter if SOK didnt kill god on his throne? Thanos isnt equal to god last time I checked.

Thank you. smile

Mindset
God isn't equal to God.

Bentley
Anyways, SoK kills Thanos. Next?

leonidas
Originally posted by Bentley
Anyways, SoK kills Thanos. Next?

where were you like 2 pages ago to say that??

ThereIsHope
Saving the whales?

zopzop
Uhm it matters because Preachervere "God" is depowered when not on his throne. That's the whole point! That's what I'm trying to explain to you.

ThereIsHope
Um no it doesnt matter. Cause Thanos isnt god. Thats what im explaning to you.

NemeBro
Your argument sucks rocks bro.

quanchi112
Does it really matter if SOK didnt kill god on his throne? Thanos isnt equal to god last time I checked. Immune to death, bro.

ThereIsHope
Then he just gets the crap beat out of him, and gets killed for eternity. I told you this a while back. I guess your lack of debating skills is coupled with an inability to read.

quanchi112
Then he just gets the crap beat out of him, and gets killed for eternity. I told you this a while back. I guess your lack of debating skills is coupled with an inability to read. Thanos has the power to render death as well. He also has teleportation and is far smarter than Sok. What is the most powerful thing/force Sok has tanked ?

ThereIsHope
Dont matter, SOK cant die. He can kill anything. He is empowered by the god of his universe. Thanos cant kill him sorry.

The whole cancer verse thing dont count. TOAA still counts as there god.

The preacherverse god is the god of SOK.

Does it matter what he tanked? He's the angel of death.

quanchi112
Dont matter, SOK cant die. He can kill anything. He is empowered by the god of his universe. Thanos cant kill him sorry.

The whole cancer verse thing dont count. TOAA still counts as there god.

The preacherverse god is the god of SOK.

Does it matter what he tanked? He's the angel of death. Based on what can't he die ?

So a title the angel of death somehow proves something ? That's horrible logic.
The cancerverse thing does count.

Thanos wins. Cassidy survived his bullets.

ThereIsHope
No it doesnt count, the cancer verse was under the jurisdiction of TOAA.

He cant die cause he never has died. He is immortal. Stop waisting everyones time.

Nope Thanos dies over and over again thanks to the fact that he keeps regenerating. Thanos becomes SOK's *****.

Mindset
Based on what can't he die ?

So a title the angel of death somehow proves something ? That's horrible logic.
The cancerverse thing does count.

Thanos wins. Cassidy survived his bullets. Cassidy "survived" because he was already dead.

quanchi112
No it doesnt count, the cancer verse was under the jurisdiction of TOAA.

He cant die cause he never has died. He is immortal. Stop waisting everyones time.

Nope Thanos dies over and over again thanks to the fact that he keeps regenerating. Thanos becomes SOK's *****. So supreme beings can't kill him ? You can't invoke a no limits fallacy. LOL.

Thanos is immune to death. Thanos has more impressive showings than Sok.

ThereIsHope
Your post is pointless. Thanos is not a supreme being.

Yup and superman has more impressive showings then Thanos whats your point?

We already went over the immune to death crap. I told you before that beside not being able to debate you must have no ability to read. I guess im confirmed in my thoughts.

quanchi112
Your post is pointless. Thanos is not a supreme being.

Yup and superman has more impressive showings then Thanos whats your point?

We already went over the immune to death crap. I told you before that beside not being able to debate you must have no ability to read. I guess im confirmed in my thoughts. No, he doesn't. If you agree Sok can die then you conceded your point.

Sok failed to kill a minor vampire. Thanos wrecks him. Preacherverse isn't marvel.

ThereIsHope
I never said that SOK can die. Where did I say that? Now your just seeing things that arent there. But in your case I wouldnt be suprised.

Yup someone already talked about how the writing was bad when it came to the vampire. Please stop making an idiot out of yourself.

Yes your right preacherverse isnt marvel. Thus the rules that apply to Thanos in marvel dont apply to SOK in Preachverse. Thank you for making my point. big grin you are finally starting to see the light.

ThereIsHope
By the way how did things turn out after that church incident?

quanchi112
I never said that SOK can die. Where did I say that? Now your just seeing things that arent there. But in your case I wouldnt be suprised.

Yup someone already talked about how the writing was bad when it came to the vampire. Please stop making an idiot out of yourself.

Yes your right preacherverse isnt marvel. Thus the rules that apply to Thanos in marvel dont apply to SOK in Preachverse. Thank you for making my point. big grin you are finally starting to see the light. Can or can't a supreme being kill him ?

Thanos was in an alien verse which was opposed to him and they still couldn't stop him even via the ritual.

Thanos is smarter than him as well as being unable to die. Thanos wins.

ThereIsHope
Is Thanos a supreme being? No thus your question is worthless.

Thanos was in another universe under TOAA. Blah blah blah.

Who gives a shit if he's smarter then him? Does this thread talk about prep time? We already went over his inability to die didnt we?

You just said that the MU and the Preacherverse were not the same thing. You just admitted that yourself. Thanks.

SOK would kill thanos over and over. Or since you admit that they are diffrence universes then perhaps SOK would just kill him since MU's rules dont apply to the preacher verse. Thank you for giving us that logic.

quanchi112
Is Thanos a supreme being? No thus your question is worthless.

Thanos was in another universe under TOAA. Blah blah blah.

Who gives a shit if he's smarter then him? Does this thread talk about prep time? We already went over his inability to die didnt we?

You just said that the MU and the Preacherverse were not the same thing. You just admitted that yourself. Thanks.

SOK would kill thanos over and over. Or since you admit that they are diffrence universes then perhaps SOK would just kill him since MU's rules dont apply to the preacher verse. Thank you for giving us that logic. It undermines your logic. Thanos has abilities and powers which create time in a matchup such as this.

I know they aren't. Preacherverse isn't as formidable.

Talk to me when he can kill a simple vampire. Thanos is immune do death and his most impressive showing is better than tanking nukes.

ThereIsHope
WHat time? He gets shot and its over. What time? LOL

We already went over the vampire thing. I think your only abiliy to debate is repeating the same old tired bullshit over and over. Get back to me when you have some real proof that Thanos can sins

as of now SOK is the winner.

quanchi112
WHat time? He gets shot and its over. What time? LOL

We already went over the vampire thing. I think your only abiliy to debate is repeating the same old tired bullshit over and over. Get back to me when you have some real proof that Thanos can sins

as of now SOK is the winner. Teleportation and shields. I don't even think his bullets would breach his shields based on their showings.

Thanos can't be killed and his feats/showings are vastly more impressive.

ThereIsHope
1 His bullets never miss. Based on there showings? When did he figth someone using a force field so we could compare? God your dumb

2 I already went over the feats with you. Thanos has more impressive feats then death so by your logic he's stronger then death.

LOL but then again I have read a post where you said he was.

quanchi112
1 His bullets never miss. Based on there showings? When did he figth someone using a force field so we could compare? God your dumb

2 I already went over the feats with you. Thanos has more impressive feats then death so by your logic he's stronger then death.

LOL but then again I have read a post where you said he was. They will hit the forcefield. Silly.

Does he now ? LOL.

You really don't have the knowledge to debate for or against Thanos.

ThereIsHope
THey go through it? Dumb ass.

Does he know what?

Yup I do actually. You are just such a simpleton who thinks that Thanos can beat anyone. You already have claimed that Thanos can beat Lucifer Morningstar, and Death. You are obviously a sad silly moron.

Badabing
Everybody needs to get back on topic, stop the trolling and flaming too. I have no problem closing all the Thanos threads, as I did last year.

ThereIsHope
SOK wins. No evidence really counters that.

leonidas
^the troll is strong in this thread.... if you put quanchi on ignore your time here at kmc will be a lot less irritating. or simply accept that thanos wins every fight, against any opponent or opponents every time. now you know why bada actually DID close down all thanos threads last year. laughing out loud

ThereIsHope
Cant ignore E coli

TheGodKiller
if you put quanchi on ignore your time here at kmc will be a lot less irritating.
He should be far more worried about getting banned. Extreme quanhate has a tendency of doing that to those who're afflicted by it.

ThereIsHope
Cant always ignore someone who ruins debates.

Galan007
Cassidy "survived" because he was already dead. There's also Ennis' comment that Cassidy surviving was a mistake, because it happened early in the series when they were still trying to figure out SoK's level.

zopzop
There's also Ennis' comment that Cassidy surviving was a mistake, because it happened early in the series when they were still trying to figure out SoK's level.
On panel evidence >>>> handbook entries>>>>>writers statements. He should have addressed it on panel.

Thanos wins!vampire

Galan007
On panel evidence >>>> handbook entries>>>>>writers statements. He should have addressed it on panel. You're right, and SoK's on panel feats display him killing entities that should undoubtedly be more 'unkillable' than a vampire. For instance: I wouldn't think Cassidy's vampire durability would be superior to Satan's durability while he's in Hell-- yet SoK killed Satan w/o any issues. Now, I could logically see Cassidy's durability being on par with a demon or angel... And SoK killed hundreds (possibly thousands) of demons/angels. /shrug

Whether you think Thanos wins or not, hopefully you can at least agree that SoK failing to kill Cassidy is clearly the exception, not the rule.

zopzop
Whether you think Thanos wins or not, hopefully you can at least agree that SoK failing to kill Cassidy is clearly the exception, not the rule.
Oh, for sure. But I'm not hanging my hat on that one aberration. It's that PLUS the fact that nothing he killed in the Preacherverse was remotely impressive.

His only one good kill, "God", was depowered at the time.

ThereIsHope
Yes we've gone over that before already.

1. What he shoots dies no matter what it is, weather it be angel, or god.

2. He himself is indestructable.

3. He never misses.

Nuff said.

Galan007
Oh, for sure. But I'm not hanging my hat on that one aberration. It's that PLUS the fact that nothing he killed in the Preacherverse was remotely impressive.

His only one good kill, "God", was depowered at the time. Good. At least you're being logical in that regard.

Either way, you're entitled to your own opinion. I whole-heartedly disagree with you, but that's my opinion.

zopzop

Already proven false when he failed to kill a vampire. And "God" was depowered at the time, you keep overlooking this little fact.

Speculation. What was the most impressive thing he tanked?

And?

All of it inconclusive.

ThereIsHope
We already went over why he failed to kill a vampire. You need to read the previous pages.

How depowered was he? He was still able to bring back the dead, etc.

He tanked a nuclear bomb. The comic was based on planet earth. What would you like him to tank? He also destroyed the entire heavenly host. Once again what would you like him to have tanked?

No nothing is inconclusive.

In Preacherverse. He cant be hurt, and he kills whatever he shoots. Ive already explained that Thanos isnt god. Thus what does a depowered god have to do with anything? Nothing.

zopzop
We already went over why he failed to kill a vampire. You need to read the previous pages.
What was the reason? I want on panel proof. Writers statements are nice, but ultimately don't outweigh what was shown on panel. If he felt it was a mistake he could have easily corrected it ON PANEL. Sucks to be him.

Depowered enough that he could have been killed by the magic Colts. It was stated on panel that if he was on his throne and at full power, the guns would have done nothing to him.

Nukes are nothing. Marvel and DC HERALDS have destroyed planets, flown through stars, torn apart stars, devastated solar systems, etc....

What have those "angels" in the Preacherverse done?

'
Thanos is greater than that depowered "God" or anything else the SoK's killed in his universe.

SoK's tanked a nuke? Thanos fighting Drax caused an entire PLANET to self destruct, Drax was KOed, Thanos was just fine. And this is BEFORE his various power ups. He's killed a High Herald with 7 punches (a proven character not nameless "heavenly host" angels with no feats or fights to their name). He beat a deranged Cube Being. He withstood a vicious assault from the most powerful Skyfather in Marvel. Etc.....

ThereIsHope
And how would he have done that on panal? LOL? Oh ok hi guys Im Garth Ennis remember that vampire thing i did a while ago? I kinda messed it up here's how it should have been. Now your blathering saying well Im a reader and I need to see this and that. Last time I checked, the writing industry doesnt go by your rules.

The colts were from the sword of the angel of death. It never stated anything about being full power. It just said that when he's on the throne he cant be killed.

Once again, this wasnt a cosmic saga was it? Thus why are you asking for them to tear apart stars and stuff? Pointless drivel. Perhaps if the situation had called for it, there would have been starts torn asunder. Angels basically are the preacherveres cops servents so it would probably be logical to say they can do alot of crazy stuff.

Your just speculating as usual. Since he is god and created the entire universe Thanos cant be greater then him. LOL Sorry buddy. Your just speculating at this point.

Lek Kuen
On panel evidence >>>> handbook entries>>>>>writers statements. He should have addressed it on panel.

Thanos wins!vampire Depends on the situation and the writer in question really. When something doesn't make sense and the writer of the comic tells you why it's valid.

Also characters and comics with single or a single set or writers tend to value word of god more then characters with dozens.

NemeBro
Once again, this wasnt a cosmic saga was it? Thus why are you asking for them to tear apart stars and stuff? Pointless drivel. Perhaps if the situation had called for it, there would have been starts torn asunder. Angels basically are the preacherveres cops servents so it would probably be logical to say they can do alot of crazy stuff.

I'd say he is asking for proof they can do that because if they have none, you can't assume they are of that level.

Based on actual on-panel evidence, Thanos would walk through the angelic host of Preacher.

Saint of Killer's best durability feat is tanking a nuke.

Thanos has weathered a black hole, taken planet-busting or star busting energies, and an onslaught from Odin.

Your argument is the abortion of logic.

What has God in Preacher done off the Throne?

Throne feats are irrelevant.

DarkSaint85

Thanos wins!vampire

He....kinda did.

By having him succeed in killing everything he later came across. Everything he shot, died.

But yes. On panel, Squirrel Girl, She-Hulk and Deadpool are the masters of Marvel U evil face

ThereIsHope
I already stated what his feats were when he created the universe.

I already told you how the preacher veres never called for cosmic level crap. Move on.

Diesldude

2. He himself is indestructable.

3. He never misses.

Nuff said. What if someone is super fast and redirects the bullets back to SOL, Like Superman does with the Omega Beams?

DarkSaint85
The bullets are faster than speed itself miffed

Mindset
Originally posted by Diesldude
What if someone is super fast and redirects the bullets back to SOL, Like Superman does with the Omega Beams? SOK shoots the bullets and they die.

Galan007
What if someone is super fast and redirects the bullets back to SOL, Like Superman does with the Omega Beams? Wtf is going to deflect the bullets?

DarkSaint85
Wtf is going to deflect the bullets?

Think he meant Supes would fly so fast he could make the bullets chase him around, then fly towards SoK, with them trailing behind him.

Edit: Either that, or the SuperPenis.

Galan007
SoK's bullets aren't dumb enough to fall for those shenanigans.

zopzop
Wtf is going to deflect the bullets?
They wouldn't have to be deflected in the sense of being knocked back at him or "tricked" into being chased back in his direction (like what Superman does to Darkseid's Omega Beams).

They could be "gated" back at him.

Mindset
They wouldn't have to be deflected in the sense of being knocked back at him or "tricked" into being chased back in his direction (like what Superman does to Darkseid's Omega Beams).

They could be "gated" back at him. Originally posted by Mindset
SOK shoots the bullets and they die.

zopzop
frusty

Diesldude

Edit: Either that, or the SuperPenis. that's what I meant. LOL

Diesldude
You know the more I think about this, the more I think Zop could be right. I mean what did Satan do in the preacher universe besides throw FBombs? He couldn't break SOK's will even before he became SOK. I mean he allowed hell to freeze over by a common human soul and couldn't do anything about it. Satan was supposedly 2nd or 3rd most powerful being after God and maybe Genesis but couldn't break SOK when he had his soul.

DTM
I think that shows not how weak Satan (or God) are, but how Vast SOKs hatred truly was.

ThereIsHope
He did tear up SOK's body though, so what does that say about SOK's soul? It just says that he had a very hateful soul and it froze hell over.

Doesnt really prove anything about how SOK sucks or anything.

zopzop
You know the more I think about this, the more I think Zop could be right. I mean what did Satan do in the preacher universe besides throw FBombs? He couldn't break SOK's will even before he became SOK. I mean he allowed hell to freeze over by a common human soul and couldn't do anything about it. Satan was supposedly 2nd or 3rd most powerful being after God and maybe Genesis but couldn't break SOK when he had his soul.
Thank you. Look at this Satan clone from Marvel :
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f98/t454452.html
And he's not even the most powerful of the demons or Satan clones (I think Marduk Kurios is).

Now compare him to the "Satan" SoK's killed. No contest.

ThereIsHope
First of all. That logic is worthless. The satan from the preacherveres is not a clone of any satan. He is THEE satan.

Secondly WHy do you keep making silly and worthless comparisons. Death is one of the major entities of the MU, yet she has been pawned by the champions of the universe. By your logic she is weaker then Thanos.

SOK wins. End of story.

The story had no need for super nova's and crap of that sort, so why did you even make the comparison between SOK, the angels and high level heralds?

zopzop
First of all. That logic is worthless. The satan from the preacherveres is not a clone of any satan. He is THEE satan.
Yes, "THE" "SATAN" and he's done nothing that compares power wise to "Satan" clones from Marvel, the universe Thanos is from.

Champions of the Universe? Who are they and when did they own Death?

SoK's does not win. And supernovas and other "crap" are just feats that were thrown around by me. The more important thig is, Thanos has ACTUAL FIGHTS against more powerful foes than SoK"s killed (Silver Surfer, the Avengers, DP Tyrant, Odin, Maker, etc...).

ThereIsHope
Uh huh so you want a guy who is fighting a cowboy to do super nova's and crap? Ok cool man, leep talking nonsense.

Anyway I ment to say Elders of the Universe. The Grandmaster punked Death. So yeah according to your logic Death is a sissy, and Thanos is stronger.

Your logic doesnt work here. Preacher was not a comic in a cosmic setting. The main character was human but could tell you what to do. That was his main power. There was no starships. black holes, flying, super nova's etc. Thus why would the SOK be tanking high level heralds, where you expecting Superman, or Silver Surfer to say hey Jesse take a seat for a second Ill handle this guy.

zopzop
Uh huh so you want a guy who is fighting a cowboy to do super nova's and crap? Ok cool man, leep talking nonsense.
Thank you! You just made my point for me.

No, Grandmaster didn't punk Death. She lost a bet and was forced by cosmic law to honor it.

Anyway, losing a bet against an immortal being that has dedicated his BILLIONS of years of existence to mastering gambling and games of chance, is LESS humiliating then being outsmarted by an idiot redneck.

Again this proves my point. The scale that Thanos and his foes operate on sh|ts all over anyone in the Preacherverse with the POSSIBLE exception of "FP on his Throne 'God'". And we all know he has nothing to do with this since SoK's never faced "God" at full power.

ThereIsHope
LOL first of all. Just cause SOK was put into a comic you dont seem to like, doesnt take away from the fact that he's indestructable and kills anyone and anything. Pointless logic by you.

My point is that if he runs into Thanos, Thanos dies.

So Death has to be making silly bets, and abhere to bets? Ok cool, Death doesnt look stupid.

ThereIsHope
Thanos is put in the same situations also, He fights certain people and gets arrested by the cops, then he fights Torzan and gets tossed into a volcano. The occasion sadly calls for it. SOK fights some loser cowboy and he never really lost, he did achieve he goal.

What have you proven? That SOK killed satan, the host of angels, and god? Ok, thank you for proven that SOK never died, never got hurt, and only was defeated by the power of god. THANK YOU.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>