Superior Spiderman. Thoughts?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Whiteclipse
After seeing what happened in Amazing Spiderman 700 Im slightly shocked to say the least. What do you guys think of the new 'improved' Spidey? Personally, Im not stoked

the ninjak
First issues in Marvel Now have been lacking before they get their asses into gear.

I think the character is OK but the way he's trying to get into MJ's pants is hilarious/awkward.

the ninjak
I hope he succeeds.

He deserves it. Never liked MJ.

Arachnid1
I hate the entire idea of Doc Ock being Spiderman. I hope he stays the hell away from MJ.

Whiteclipse
He will end up tapping that. The weird part is that Peter's 'ghost' will be watching What the f**k?

SamZED
Wonder if he'll care enough to stop Otto like he did when Spock was about to kill someone...

StiltmanFTW
No, he likes to watch.

SamZED
Ghosts can masturbate? Also isnt it like watching your own home video.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by SamZED
Ghosts can masturbate?

That's how clouds are created.

Also isnt it like watching your own home video.

lulz

SamZED
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
That's how clouds are created.

lulz Eeew! Lol you've ruined clouds for me.

JayDaDon
Originally posted by Whiteclipse
He will end up tapping that. The weird part is that Peter's 'ghost' will be watching What the f**k?

Nope. That's a line that in this day and age, Marvel wouldn't cross in a spider-man comic. Because that would be rape.

SevenShackles
When this started it reminded me of a comic where cameleon takes over the persona of Peter Parker (setting things 'right' before he killed Peter) and ended up being a better Peter than the original making decisions and doing things Peter later had to wonder about when he finally stopped cameleon.

Was hoping this would be kinda like that. Ock being better at being Parker than Parker was (never mind being spiderman) and it kinda is kinda isn't.

Im hoping for the best here.

Originally posted by JayDaDon
Nope. That's a line that in this day and age, Marvel wouldn't cross in a spider-man comic. Because that would be rape.

That's arguable but likely accurate as to why it wont happen.

Omega Vision
It seems that one of the main selling points is that Ock is supposedly a "smarter" Spidey.

Well, more ruthless for sure, more experienced, and better with technology, but I don't think Peter has ever been less than a genius. I'll grant that he's smarter than Parker, but not to the point that it should make a huge difference.

SamZED
Whether he's smarter is debatable. Pete did beat him the last time they decided to find out whose "mind is superior". Like you said, Ock is just more ruthless. He's superior in a way that hes not bound by Parker's morals.

SamZED
Nope. That's a line that in this day and age, Marvel wouldn't cross in a spider-man comic. Because that would be rape. Well.. Black Cat was raped...

StiltmanFTW
And don't forget about what happened to Peter when he was 12 laughing

StiltmanFTW
http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/westcott.htm

SamZED
http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/westcott.htm
Molested =/= raped. Also it's about as canon as Doom crying in that issue that was dedicated to 9/11. miffed

StiltmanFTW
It's close enough. You know what is so pathetic about it? That Parker treated his pregnant wife worse than Pym ever treated Janet, but didn't have the guts to defend himself against that gay student. Coward.

Doom cried most likely because he wanted/planned to do it himself and got beat to it.

wildernesss
scarlet spider seems like the better series to me. I've only read the first issue of the new spider-man, but I didn't find it to be anything other than semi-interesting.

SamZED
It's close enough. You know what is so pathetic about it? That Parker treated his pregnant wife worse than Pym ever treated Janet, but didn't have the guts to defend himself against that gay student. Coward.

Doom cried most likely because he wanted/planned to do it himself and got beat to it. And yet Wolverine admires him. And so do you secretly. Aint that a #$%@! stick out tongue But seriously lets stay on-topic.

Originally posted by wildernesss
scarlet spider seems like the better series to me. I've only read the first issue of the new spider-man, but I didn't find it to be anything other than semi-interesting. Give it a couple more issues. It's not bad.

StiltmanFTW
But seriously lets stay on-topic.

Party pooper...

UN_fmQLlR3s

TsunamicTadpole
I have the comic's so far I actually like the idea Peter Parker is manifested within the mind of Ottawa watching over the reform supervillain keeping him in check some what and seeing how his life was be for not to mention he learning how it is to be a superhero in the eye of a hero

jitay

remember ms marvel

SamZED
So Otto erased Pete permanently. Wonder what Slott has planned next. And how is he planning to bring Pete back. And we know he's gonna...

Scythe
Most like, I'm thinkin' he'll have to bring em back himself cuz he'll either:

Need him for something

Trying to stop him cuz he probably took over another mind

Or other heroes will wise up, take him down and bring him back.

SamZED
Took over another mind? You mean Pete?

JayDaDon
I'm sure Pete will be back just in time for the movie.

Vensai
I'm sure Pete will be back soon enough, that's kind of his job as a superhero.

Quincy
I still think that Otto will ultimately "will peter his body back" to make up for his redemption. I dont know though, that last issue was a gutshot.

The_Moshfather
They couldn't even keep Parker dead for a single issue (-_-) cheap disney tactics to sell more comics.

SamZED
Huh? He's been dead for nine. And now even that fragment of his memory's gone.

The_Moshfather
It was my understanding that he returned in ethereal form straight after his death.

Vensai
Originally posted by The_Moshfather
It was my understanding that he returned in ethereal form straight after his death.
Well, Doc took care of that.

tijay
spidey is dearased

doctorstrongbad
Otto is okay as Spidey, but nobody can replace Peter Parker.

zeeshanaayan07
These all the brilliant picture of the Game. Here I am sharing a great post for my friends and the regular visitors of killermovies forum can easily download it

ChloePat
My problem with the new series is that I don't think it's very interesting. I was quite happy when it looked like they were killing off Doc Ock, and I loved Big Time.

The concept's great, and I really enjoyed the start of Superior, but I think Slott's dragged it on longer than it needed. They can only have every character, bar one or two going, 'Boy, Peter/Spidey sure is acting strange today!' before it just gets silly.

That being said, the fact they've just introduced Spider-Man 2099 into the mix is fun. (and I quite like the new design)

bluewaterrider
Originally posted by ChloePat
My problem with the new series is that I don't think it's very interesting. I was quite happy when it looked like they were killing off Doc Ock, and I loved Big Time.

The concept's great, and I really enjoyed the start of Superior, but I think Slott's dragged it on longer than it needed. They can only have every character, bar one or two going, 'Boy, Peter/Spidey sure is acting strange today!' before it just gets silly.

That being said, the fact they've just introduced Spider-Man 2099 into the mix is fun. (and I quite like the new design)

From the scans I've seen posted here, the series is awesome.
If I any longer had a local comic shop in my area, I might have a regular pull order.

I don't understand your point of view: If Doctor Octopus has not been killed off, that means Peter Parker has. What exactly do you find uninteresting about that?

As a Spider-Man fan, frankly, this feels like wish fulfillment.

One, you get to see some real character development from Doc Ock.
I mean, he is EARNESTLY trying to be a hero and do the right thing in this guise.

Two is that you get to see Spider-Man overcome the most glaring historical weakness of his character: failing to realize that, like a soldier in war, sometimes a man must take the life of an aggressor who is beyond reason and compassion. There is no way, for instance, any conscionable man would have allowed Carnage to live after he REPEATEDLY escaped incarceration only to kill again, be incarcerated again, escape again, and kill anew.

Sentry put a stop to that in the most fan-pleasing moment of his career.
You can bet Otto would have had a similarly satisfactory solution.

ChloePat
As I said, I enjoyed it to begin with, great concept, and yes, interesting to see Ock grow.
But I still feel it's gone on too long.

And his refusal to kill isn't exactly just a Spider-man thing. Taking moral cues from Sentry isn't the best idea either.

BlackZero30x
Originally posted by ChloePat
As I said, I enjoyed it to begin with, great concept, and yes, interesting to see Ock grow.
But I still feel it's gone on too long.

And his refusal to kill isn't exactly just a Spider-man thing. Taking moral cues from Sentry isn't the best idea either.

Honestly I agree! I was one of those that at first was against the idea but warmed up to it. Now I can say it was fun and interesting but im tired of it and just want Peter Parker back.

SamZED
SpOck trolling the heroes for hire is awesome.

BlackZero30x
Deadpool also had some Hero for Hire action going on lol

SamZED
Lol yes. Poor Danny. Deadpool used his students to murder a guy lol

Doc Ock
I love this series. It was a genius idea to put Doc Ock in Spidey's body. The storylines so far have been excellent.

BlackZero30x
And Parkers coming back!

“To do that for a solid year of my life, that’s the hardest thing I’ve had to do — to look small children in the eye at a convention and lie to them," Slott

I don't know that I believe him. I mean maybe he was already advised he had to bring him back but I believe that he intended for parker to stay gone.

http://www.newsarama.com/20019-official-amazing-spider-man-peter-parker-to-return.html

Arachnid1
Thank god Petes coming back. Ock gave some great and original stories, but I missed Pete too much.

SamZED
Originally posted by BlackZero30x
And Parkers coming back!

“To do that for a solid year of my life, that’s the hardest thing I’ve had to do — to look small children in the eye at a convention and lie to them," Slott

I don't know that I believe him. I mean maybe he was already advised he had to bring him back but I believe that he intended for parker to stay gone.

http://www.newsarama.com/20019-official-amazing-spider-man-peter-parker-to-return.html Pretty sure it was his intention from day one, he even said in the earlier interview that some people will probably get pissed off at him but they should just keep reading. The longer Pete stayed dead the more epic his comeback would be. And it was just a matter of when. It is possible that Marvel rushed his return because of the second ASM movie but I don't believe that Slott wanted to kill Pete off for good.

BlackZero30x
Pretty sure it was his intention from day one, he even said in the earlier interview that some people will probably get pissed off at him but they should just keep reading. The longer Pete stayed dead the more epic his comeback would be. And it was just a matter of when. It is possible that Marvel rushed his return because of the second ASM movie but I don't believe that Slott wanted to kill Pete off for good.

lol those are some good points! Maybe he just did a really good job of selling me his "he's gone for good" stuff.

Scythe
I'm enjoying the series so far, I wasn't too against it since the beginning because these types of things are never permanent.

Dark-Kenshin
Frankly, I miss the Superior Spider-Man. Say what you want about SpOck, but the first time in a long time, he made Spider-Man interesting. I particularly liked how he actually made great use of his intelligence. These days, the real Peter Parker is just so dull and lackluster that I don't care for him in the slightest.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.