If you were an alien like superman what would you do "for" or "to" this world?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

davesoprano
Would you overthrow all the leaders and bullshit politicians? Would you set up your own set of rules that would favor the unfortunate? Or would you be an even bigger monster than Hitler and all the other tyrants and just do whatever the hell you want?

Symmetric Chaos
I'd set up a Lex Luthor type nemesis for myself to ensure an interesting debate was going on no matter what I did.

Bat Dude
I'm not an "alien" nor would I ever be.

I'd be the one with his Bible rebuking him/her/them.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Bat Dude

So your thought process when you saw this thread was: "If I was an alien then I would not be an alien"?

Lord Lucien
Bat Dude thinks "alien" in this case means "foreigner".

For the first century I'll go easy on them, lull them in to a false sense of security. Then when they think I'm not so bad--BAM!--I'll go full tyrant on them in the second century. After that I'll disappear for a millenia and make them wonder if I ever existed to begin with, just to come back and kill them all.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Bat Dude

I'd be the one with his Bible rebuking him/her/them.
No one said you were an alien; aliens are generally imagined to possess above human-level intelligence. Or at least human level intelligence.

Villelater
well i would study Aliens and under my protection introduce peaceful ones to human society but only after 2 things
1.share language's
2.study bacteria on both worlds to make sure its safe

then after that everything unfolds on its own

NemeBro
Given the power of Superman, there would indeed be no force in the solar system capable of so much as inconveniencing me.

Using my eidetic memory combined with my superluminal speed and perceptions, I would read every book on Earth in the matter of a day and become an instant expert in everything. Physics, biology, chemistry, economics, politics, all knowledge would be retained and implemented.

I would topple dictatorships in moments, and unite the world in a utopia, with my will and the law being indistinguishable.

I would have the entire world line up to suck my dick.

Ascendancy
Assuming no one had any knowledge of any kryptonite-type weaknesses to bring me low, I'd use my abilities to disarm/destroy juntas, terrorist organizations, oppressive dictatorships, etc, and to help "nudge" more stable/traditional governments in the right direction.

ArtificialGlory
I'd promptly leave Earth to explore the galaxy and beyond.

Nemesis X
I would just pull a Christopher Reeves and reverse time by flying around the world so that way, I can change the past to make a better future. Change votes in a presidential election, remove corrupt politicians from seats of power by changing said votes, threaten the majority of companies to actually care about their consumers, prevent monumental disasters, and throw every corrupt neighborhood full of gangsters and drug addicts into a vortex in space that sends them to the world of LocoRoco because I'm Superman.

-Pr-
That wouldn't actually work...

Villelater
Originally posted by -Pr-
yeah flying around the Earth at such speed will...
1.destroy the atmosphere
2.stop or reverse earths retation(apocalypse...no time travel)
3.the moon might just smack into the earth lol

Nemesis X

What would not work?

Originally posted by Villelater
yeah flying around the Earth at such speed will...
1.destroy the atmosphere
2.stop or reverse earths retation(apocalypse...no time travel)
3.the moon might just smack into the earth lol

You obviously never watched the movies and because I assume we can use powers from any version of Superman, I'm gonna use the one with the time traveling abilities so bite me.

-Pr-
Unless the OP wants us to use Chris Reeve or PC Superman and just ignore the laws of science and what powers Superman actually has nowadays, that won't work.

If you were Chris Reeve Superman, then sure, have at it.

======

Me? I'd start off trying to help people. Then, when humanity inevitably pissed me off, I'd start to conquer the planet. Eventually, when my conscience kicked in, I'd no doubt retreat somewhere inhospitable to humans to be left alone.

Oh, and concubines.

Mindset
I'd be a tyrant, and they would love me.

Symmetric Chaos
Oh, and concubines.

Concubine vision!

Nemesis X
If I can't spin the Earth to travel through time to correct mistakes, then fine. I'll just randomly save the day from time to time. Conquering the world would be too much work anyway.

Mindset
I'd conquer some major poon, if you know what I mean.

Tzeentch._
I'd use kryptonite I brought with me on my journey and **** Nemebro up the ass with it.

Mindship
I'd ban all red underwear and Marvel comics.

Ascendancy
Originally posted by Mindship
I'd ban all red underwear and Marvel comics.
What, are we supposed to read that swill that DC pushes out? Kill me now.

BlackZero30x
First thing would be to not wear spandex and a cape. Second would be to address me being powerful but not evil to the earthlings...a protector not a menace. Third would be for me to make a stern statement that I WONT hide my identity but if someone tries to hurt or threatens me with the possibility of hurting loved ones I would have no problem putting a laser through their skull or throw them into orbit at superspeed. Then I would just kind of set back and be a normal person. I would help people if I could but I wouldn't make it my life.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Ascendancy
What, are we supposed to read that swill that DC pushes out? Kill me now. DC's quality of writing is noticeably higher than Marvel's.

Ascendancy
Originally posted by NemeBro
DC's quality of writing is noticeably higher than Marvel's.

I'm more concerned with the characters. Deadpool, X-Men, quite a few others make the short list of those that I much prefer to offerings in the DC universe.

armedforbattle
1. Make my presence known on earth as the person you don't **** with but also the person they could ask for help if needed
2. Go clear a small island, and build a civilization for me, my family and friends (with Supermans speed it would be easy)
3. Live the life

FistOfThe North
I'd be just like superman except i'd help technologically advance civilization with my super genius intellect, as well.

Dolos
Originally posted by davesoprano
Would you overthrow all the leaders and bullshit politicians? Would you set up your own set of rules that would favor the unfortunate? Or would you be an even bigger monster than Hitler and all the other tyrants and just do whatever the hell you want?

Me I'd just make sure I had it made.

First, if I had all the abilities of Post-crisis Superman, I'd fly into thousands and thousands of star systems and navigate through their asteroid fields and use my telescopic vision to scope out any platinum which sells for about 1500 bucks an ounce...I'd collect a few hundred thousand tons of platinum, become a trillionaire.

From then on it's all fun and games.

----
http://anygif.org/galleries/Movies_and_TV/201303139444642_Pwned.gif

Supra
So hard to determine what I would do, I thought about it for a while after reading some of peoples posts.

But I would leave earth and take few choice people with me and start a new world. Even Superman is not strong enough to stop the end of this world.

Supra
Double post

my program would have two main points:

1 radical curbing of environmental destruction
2 widespread redistribution of wealth and power

this would require toppling and crushing quite a few powerful institutions of course, but for one with SM's power not only would it be easy to physically overpower them, but to empower and redicalize mass political movements aligned with these goals.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Supra
So hard to determine what I would do, I thought about it for a while after reading some of peoples posts.

But I would leave earth and take few choice people with me and start a new world. Even Superman is not strong enough to stop the end of this world.

Why not just found a Justice League and have them work together to save the world? I feel like abandoning the planet might be a bit hasty.

Also, where would you go?

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Supra

What end of the world do you envision that Superman couldn't prevent?

Bardock42
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
So your thought process when you saw this thread was: "If I was an alien then I would not be an alien"?

The Lord works in mysterious ways.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.