Battle Royal!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

armedforbattle
Sentry
Thor
Silver Surfer
Hal Jordan
Superman
Martian Manhunter

No prep or BFR
In character
Fight at Yosemite
Dc are pre 52

-Pr-
Assuming this is non-Void, Superman or Thor.

ThereIsHope
What did the Void ever do that was that impressive?

Slaanesh
if it's regular Sentry..Surfer takes this..

-Pr-
Originally posted by ThereIsHope
What did the Void ever do that was that impressive?

Have you read Siege? Or his original mini?

carver9
Sentry then Surfer.

pym-ftw
Thor if he fights smart

So Sentry

ThereIsHope
People say he was beating Thor, but I personally dont find the latest version of Thor that impressive. But then again. I dont keep up with Thor. I was a fan of the 2nd series Thor when he was able to hold planets in his hand. That was during some of his lowest power settings. Later on he became RKT.

I sadly dont recall the sentry's Mini. I remmeber the first Mini which made big claims.

As for his latest showings. I dont think that him stalemating the Hulk is that impressive. Since most people would not think that WWH is on par with say SS or any herald type character. Sadly we never got to really see the Sentrys true potential.

void has swallowed galaxies, broken every bone in the hulk's body and mindraped the entire planet (actually sentry did this one to make everyone forget him). voidtry (sentry under the progressive sway of the void) beat molecule man, ripped ares in half, killed loki, destroyed asgard and ass raped thor during siege.

curryman
Originally posted by 753
void has swallowed galaxies, broken every bone in the hulk's body and mindraped the entire planet (actually sentry did this one to make everyone forget him). voidtry (sentry under the progressive sway of the void) beat molecule man, ripped ares in half, killed loki, destroyed asgard and ass raped thor during siege.

Couple of things.

- Didnt really swallow galaxies.

- Beat old Savage Hulk

- "mindraped" the planet through a machine Reed created.

- Beat an unimpressive completely OUT OF AVERAGE MM under Bendis' pen.

- Beat Ares, big deal. Thor casually manhandled Ares and Pluto so bad that Ares had to stay in bed for months....

- That was part of Loki's plan, and he had already set something up for when he died...

- Got beat AND killed by Thor

Originally posted by curryman
Couple of things.

- Didnt really swallow galaxies.

hum.. evidence?

- Beat old Savage Hulk
so what? he was still very powerfull and no herald would curbstomp him like that. thor couldnt hope to do that in his life.

his power fed the feat.

what a joke. the whole point of placing MM there was to showcase sentry's intended power levels. that "unimpressive" molecule man had just stomped the dark avengers and desintegrated Sentry (who had high herald durability no matter how you look at it) twice.
pffft when the day comes that thor rips someone like ares in half in one go, you'll have an argument.
hahahahaha loki didnt foresee the scale of destruction, he regreted his actions and said so on panel himself. he tryed to stop voidtry's rampage with the norn stones amp and still got ripped to pieces while thor watched powerless. loki did not want to die at that moment, thats for sure.

no he didnt. the only reason the void didnt reform this time around as opposed to when he was desintegrated by MM and ripped from reality by Morgan la fey was because bob resurfaced and his death wish was strong enough for him to stay dead.

thor couldnt beat voidtry on his own in a million years. just look at the collective effort it took to even temporarily hurt him and the cast he went through before.

curryman
This is madness.

- Evidence of Void actually SWALLOWING GALAXIES.

- Took Thor one lightning-bolt to the dome and Hulk was out...

- Fueling a machine that helps you make people forget ONE THING is not the same actually doing it yourself.

- I'm sorry, you're using MM beating Sentry as a proof of MM being strong and then Sentry beating him as a proof of Sentry being strong. That incident was so unbelievably inconsistent with either of their showings. It's true and you know it. If Sentry was anywhere near Owen's power-level he'd wipe the floor with anyone even APPROACHING cube beings.

- Thor hit him twice and Ares needed healers to live...

- So Loki making preparations for his own death in his limited series was???

- Yes, Bob wanted to die. Doesn't really MEAN THAT HE RAPED THOR. Thor beating on Sentry because he wanted it, is not the same as Thor being raped. This much should be obvious.

Are you deliberately making inaccurate/vague claims and leaving out details?

carver9
Edit.

Sin I AM
This is madness.

- Took Thor one lightning-bolt to the dome and Hulk was out...

- Fueling a machine that helps you make people forget ONE THING is not the same actually doing it yourself.

- I'm sorry, you're using MM beating Sentry as a proof of MM being strong and then Sentry beating him as a proof of Sentry being strong. That incident was so unbelievably inconsistent with either of their showings. It's true and you know it. If Sentry was anywhere near Owen's power-level he'd wipe the floor with anyone even APPROACHING cube beings.

- Thor hit him twice and Ares needed healers to live...

- So Loki making preparations for his own death in his limited series was???

- Yes, Bob wanted to die. Doesn't really MEAN THAT HE RAPED THOR. Thor beating on Sentry because he wanted it, is not the same as Thor being raped. This much should be obvious.

Are you deliberately making inaccurate/vague claims and leaving out details?

true

abhilegend
Sentry had a calmness aura over hulk, breaking the bones of a baseline hulk who is a mere class 80 isn't so great. Also when did void swallow galaxies?

Tony Stark
SENTRY wins every time. The Void is part of SENTRY persona PERIOD.

It's like taking the berserker out of Wolverine, like stopping Rage from increasing the power of The HULK, like stopping the sun from increasing Superman power, a Baterangless Batman evil face

You get the jist.

This is madness.

it was stated as fact in his original mini :shrug:

and hulk has cracked thors head with his own hammer. they've been portrayed as peers their whole lifes and thor has never stomped hulk the way void did. he obviously cant.

it speaks to his power level just the same
people claim MM was weakened, but he was still powerful enough to destroy a high herald durability body and stomp the dark avenegers. sentry could still reform and outperform MM in matter manipulation. I know the entire arc was inconsistent, but the point was to show void was that powerful and it remains canon. I agree that if we take only the high end feats of the cubes, the Void's fight with the avengers should be over in under a sec, given how he did the MM, but that's just the way comics go.

a failsafe. even if he had planned on dying from the beggining, he clearly had a change of heart at that moment and wanted to stop void. he died fighting.

he was clearly trouncing thor and everybody until loki fed them norn power. thor teleported him to an open field then IM dropped the helicarrier on him and that was the attack that wounded him the most (which is actually silly). it allowed bob to resurface. thor's previous attacks didnt do much and he was being beaten badly.

not really. voidtry was obvisouly above high heralds. thor wouldnt beat him alone. it took norn amped avengers and the helicarrier attack to hurt significantly and in the end he died cause he wanted to. thor couldnt destroy ares and loki that easily, while kicking avengers and thor around.

Originally posted by abhilegend
Sentry had a calmness aura over hulk, breaking the bones of a baseline hulk who is a mere class 80 isn't so great. Also when did void swallow galaxies? savage hulk wasnt class 80 at baseline, hulk doesnt even have a baseline. we have a mythbusting page on that somewhere in here. Sentry would calm hulk yes, but the void terrified him. even concluding he soulraped hulk while crushing him, its still impressive.

armedforbattle
I knew I should've specified, this is non void.

tkitna
Sentry wins anyways, because he's cool.

Zack Fair
Superman.

LordofBrooklyn
1) Surfer- There is nothing the others can do that he can't undo or defend against. He can survive any speedblitz attack from the powerhouses. He can strip 2 if not 3 of the combatants of their source of power.

2) Superman- the 2nd fastest and aarguably the most durable of combatants. The boost from being nearer to the sun also comes into play.

3) Thor- Odinson won't utilize Mjolnir to full effect until too late.

4) Hal- The most powerful weapon but the human limitations are his failing here. The ring can repair damage and protect him from mortal danger but he still gets broken.

5) Manhunter- His character limitations drop him 2 spots.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
1) Surfer- There is nothing the others can do that he can't undo or defend against. He can survive any speedblitz attack from the powerhouses. He can strip 2 if not 3 of the combatants of their source of power.

2) Superman- the 2nd fastest and aarguably the most durable of combatants. The boost from being nearer to the sun also comes into play.

3) Thor- Odinson won't utilize Mjolnir to full effect until too late.

4) Hal- The most powerful weapon but the human limitations are his failing here. The ring can repair damage and protect him from mortal danger but he still gets broken.

5) Manhunter- His character limitations drop him 2 spots.

confused

Bob

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by Tony Stark
confused

Bob

Hahahaha.

big grin

3) Sentry- Power, speed, versatility, fragile psyche is the drawback.

quanchi112
Sentry wins.

Tony Stark
Hahahaha.

big grin

3) Sentry- Power, speed, versatility, fragile psyche is the drawback.

I'd suggest checking out what MARVEL says about those ratings

http://marvel.wikia.com/Robert_Reynolds_%28Earth-616%29#Strength_level

armedforbattle
I'd suggest checking out what MARVEL says about those ratings

http://marvel.wikia.com/Robert_Reynolds_%28Earth-616%29#Strength_level
Go off feats, not what the marvel official description says

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by armedforbattle
Go off feats, not what the marvel official description says

What he said.

Unless you really want us to calculate the output of how many exploding suns Sentry's power is equivalent to.

Tony Stark
What he said.

Unless you really want us to calculate the output of how many exploding suns Sentry's power is equivalent to.

confused

Did you even look at it...? It talks about stats AND specific feats.

LordofBrooklyn
confused

Did you even look at it...? It talks about stats AND specific feats.

I did look at it; although I really didn't have to given that I'm a big Sentry fan and have read almost all his appearances.

The interesting point in relation to the thread is that the page has official stats and fan stats. You can see that the fan stats are higher than the official stats. Just like the official stats I look at the entireity of the canon and not just the high points.

If it is Void Sentry with no CIS or PIS then he is nowhere lower than 2 here and I'm tempted to put him ahead of Surfer.

armedforbattle
A million exploding suns is crazy powerful... in the real world.

But in comics its not crazy. Like I've said before:

Galactus and Tyrants fight destroyed multiple galaxys.

Average galaxy has between 200-400 BILLION stars

So claiming that is why sentry is so powerful (and leagues above every other herald) is just dumb.
I hate people that use a hyperbole as a gauge of power.

I'm not saying he can't win here, but no matter who you think wins, you cant say it's an easy fight.

Zack Fair
A pissed off bloodlusted Superman can most likely replicate the Ares feat. Same with a sufficiently pissed Hulk and maybe Thor.

DarkSaint85
Voidtrys.feats are not applicable anyway....

armedforbattle
Originally posted by DarkSaint85

Tony Stark

There isn't such a thing... So in your view HULK is to be thought of as always fighting in a calm state.

IC

-Pr-
Actually, we have mod rules to seperate the versions of Sentry.

DarkSaint85
There isn't such a thing... So in your view HULK is to be thought of as always fighting in a calm state.

IC

He isn't at WBH levels, that's for sure..

Zack Fair
He isn't at WBH levels, that's for sure.. thumb up

Tony Stark
Originally posted by -Pr-
Actually, we have mod rules to seperate the versions of Sentry.

I'm not sure that's the correct way to approach him... It is a part of his persona it's not an amp per say, they are one. But, of course I'm no MOD.

Philosophía
Superman

armedforbattle
But, of course I'm no MOD.
That's a good thing

curryman
Thor could take it.

But he won't.

Superman will smile

-Pr-
I'm not sure that's the correct way to approach him... It is a part of his persona it's not an amp per say, they are one. But, of course I'm no MOD.

Please refer to this:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=13266240#post13266240

Tony Stark
Originally posted by armedforbattle
That's a good thing

Hello Pot...

DarkSaint85
You calling him black?

Reported for racism.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.