THQ Auction off

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji
http://kotaku.com/5978425/thq-is-getting-sold-off-today++heres-everything-we-know

Smasandian
I just hope CoH doesn't get screwed. Probably in the top 5 of my favourite games of all time. I've played it at least 4 times and I still want to play it. Fantastic game.

-Pr-
Relic are still somewhat intact, so hopefully COH and DOW are in good hands.

I'm worried about 2k games taking over WWE, though.

Kazenji
I'm just sad Vigil games didn't get picked.

Phanteros
Originally posted by Kazenji
I'm just sad Vigil games didn't get picked. Platinum games expressed interest in getting them.

Kazenji
Crytek's new studio gives Vigil games core team a chance

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/01/28/cryteks-new-u-s-studio-gives-vigil-games-core-team-a-chance-to-go-on/

Ushgarak
COH2 is fine. Look at how much Sega paid for Relic- that's on the COH name alone (Dawn of War is Game's Workshop's IP and would likely have to be renegotiated, and Homeworld has stayed with THQ). COH2 is only months from release anyway (actually in theory due for March, though a delay as a result of this would not be a surprise. It might even benefit the game, which I got the feeling was being rushed as THQ couldn't fund it).

Of course, Sega have the Warhammer fantasy license already, so there is some speculation that they'll re-acquire DoW for Relic to become the unified Warhammer game producers.

Smasandian
I hope COH2 wasn't rushed. It would be a travesty. One of the best games out there.

Ushgarak
It's actually great to see Sega pay so much for Relic just to get the CoH franchise. I suppose you have to pay well for a game nearly finished, but the fact is that CoH got a lot of critical acclaim but never very high sales. The premium price was therefore based on it being a quality product. One to remember when people are calling all publishers obsessed with profit only.

Smasandian
I thought COH did well.

According to the site below, COH sold over 4 million copies and Dawn Of War series sold over 7 million copies. That's pretty good numbers for PC centric software.

http://blogs.sega.com/2013/01/24/notice-of-segas-acquisition-of-relic-entertainment-and-some-ips-owned-by-thq-inc/

Ushgarak
COH didn't do badly, it was viable, it just really wasn't a main profit generator. Dawn of War 2 topped the global sales charts at release. It's why they made so many more DoW products than CoH, despite Games Workshop getting its cut on DoW as opposed to CoH being entirely in-house.

Smasandian
True. As long as they continue to make good RTS, if it's DoW or CoH, I don't really care.

I'm really looking forward to COH2. My favourite thing about the original is that the battlefield's were persistent if used in previous missions. I loved how I could take my time creating defenses for the eventual defense mission later on. It was soo damn cool.

-Pr-
Take 2 have signed a 5 year deal to produce WWE games, and there's a new game to be released this year. They've also brought over a lot of the guys from Yukes, so it should be business as usual for the most part.

Kazenji
Remaining THQ Properties to be Auctioned Off

http://www.vg247.com/2013/02/27/darksiders-red-faction-and-more-go-to-under-the-hammer/

Hope someone buys Darksiders & Red Faction.

Martian_mind
What the **** is COH?

-Pr-
Company of Heroes, I'm guessing.

Ushgarak
With regards to what I said before- COH2 has indeed been delayed by three months,. Likely for the best.

Smasandian
I rather have a delayed game than a crappy game.

Even though I was very happy that the release date was given for CoH2, I won't be super excited until the week of.

I also got excited that Relic supports their games with quality content after it's release so I suspect CoH2 will have an expansion pack or two.

-Pr-
Gearbox got Homeworld.

Poor guys...

Tzeentch._
That isvery unfortunate.

Kazenji
Gearbox needs to step up their game and none of this pointing the finger at someone else "its their fault the game sucked".

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.