Deathstroke or Captain America????

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Who is...

Stronger?
Faster?
More durable?
Better fighter?
More tactical?
Best healing?
Agile?
Smarter?
Best striking power?

This is pre reboot Slade.

pym-ftw
Stronger? Cap
Faster? Slade
More durable? Slades armor is better
Better fighter? Cap
More tactical? Cap
Best healing? Slade
Agile? Cap
Smarter? Slade
Best striking power? Cap with Shield

carver9
Striking power is with the fist only.

DTM
Stronger? - Deathstroke
Faster? - Deathstroke
More durable? - Deathstroke
Better fighter? - Captain America
More tactical? - Captain America
Best healing? - Deathstroke
Agile? - Deathstroke
Smarter? - Captain America
Best striking power? - Deathstroke

Would have been nice to put in more mental attributes, like Willpower or Leadership or something, to give Cap more of a chance.

Branlor Swift
Cap in every field

Magnon
Stronger? Deathstroke
Faster? Deathstroke
More durable? Deathstroke
Better fighter? Deathstroke
More tactical? Deathstroke
Best healing? Deathstroke
Agile? Deathstroke
Smarter? Deathstroke
Best striking power? Captain America

Cap takes the best striking power since his punches casually hurt the likes of Hulk, Thor, Rhino and Iron Man, and make others like Spider-Man or Wolverine fly across the street (or more) upon impact.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by DTM
Stronger? - Deathstroke
Faster? - Deathstroke
More durable? - Deathstroke
Better fighter? - Captain America
More tactical? - Captain America
Best healing? - Deathstroke
Agile? - Deathstroke
Smarter? - Captain America
Best striking power? - Deathstroke

Would have been nice to put in more mental attributes, like Willpower or Leadership or something, to give Cap more of a chance.

Deathstroke has overridden a Green Lantern's will evil face

the Darkone
Stronger? Cap
Faster? Cap
More durable? even
Better fighter? Cap
More tactical? Cap
Best healing? Slade
Agile? Cap
Smarter? even
Best striking power Cap

sCOURGE_0
Originally posted by Magnon

Stronger? Deathstroke
Faster? Deathstroke
More durable? Deathstroke
Better fighter? Deathstroke
More tactical? Deathstroke
Best healing? Deathstroke
Agile? Deathstroke
Smarter? Deathstroke
Best striking power? Captain America

Cap takes the best striking power since his punches casually hurt the likes of Hulk, Thor, Rhino and Iron Man, and make others like Spider-Man or Wolverine fly across the street (or more) upon impact. Any instance of Cap's punches hurting characters like Hulk and Thor are PIS. If thats the case Deathstroke's punches have hurt Wonder Woman before

ThereIsHope
Deathstroke is like the evil captain america isnt he?

ThereIsHope
To bad his new comic sucks

sCOURGE_0
Originally posted by carver9
Who is...

Stronger?
Faster?
More durable?
Better fighter?
More tactical?
Best healing?
Agile?
Smarter?
Best striking power?

This is pre reboot Slade. That being said Cap is probably my favorite Marvel character and I've read a vast majority of his material

Stronger = Slade doesn't have too many lifting feats. Giving this to Cap based off of feats

Faster = It was stated by Cap that he could run a mile in just over a minute, then Brubaker stated that Cap could only do it if he really had to. I haven't seen anyone put a cap on Slade's running speed. At the same time Slade has blitzed Black Canary who's a bonafide bullet timer

Slade's reflexes are better and his combat speed is as well. Overall giving it to Slade

More durable = Slade because of body armor

Better fighter = Slade, Cap has studied more martial arts but Slade is the overall better combatant.

Better tactics = Slade individually, Cap when leading a team

Better healing = Slade no brainer, dude has healed from having his throat slit in seconds.

Agile = probably the same

Smarter = Slade

Best striking power = I've seen Slade smash through a steel door with a casual kick. I've seen Cap smash through a steel door but he had to use his shoulder and mass leverage to do so. Giving it to Slade for now.

cdtm
Originally posted by DarkSaint85

The greatest gl. And the restriction he put on the ring as Ion. evil face

ThereIsHope
I need to use your avatar as a christmas card.

DTM
Originally posted by DarkSaint85

Oh I agree comletely, Deathstroke has amazing willpower as well, but I see Cap as a bit more. Overall these guys are both Very Evenly matched, with Deathstroke getting the slight edge physically, and Cap the slight edge mentally.

namorsubby
Slade in everything except fighting skills.

Daredevil1
Who is...

Stronger?
Faster?
More durable?
Better fighter?
More tactical?
Best healing?
Agile?
Smarter?
Best striking power?

Stronger? Cap
Faster? Slade
More durable? Cap
Better fighter? Cap
More tactical? Draw
Best healing? Slade
Agile? Slade
Smarter? Draw
Best striking power? Draw

The differences are very close though.

golem370
Good striking feat http://imageshack.us/a/img247/7416/capownskreelg4.jpg

sCOURGE_0
Originally posted by DTM
Oh I agree comletely, Deathstroke has amazing willpower as well, but I see Cap as a bit more. Overall these guys are both Very Evenly matched, with Deathstroke getting the slight edge physically, and Cap the slight edge mentally. Really? I'd figure the guy who can use 90% of his brain and outprep the JL would have the edge mentally.

DTM
Well thats more mental processing speed over general intelligence. Slade can certain think faster than Reed Richards, but hes no where near as smart as Reed is (which is why I picked Cap for the slight edge in intelligence on this chart here).

Daredevil1
Originally posted by sCOURGE_0
Really? I'd figure the guy who can use 90% of his brain and outprep the JL would have the edge mentally.

Cap brain is enhanced as well can learn super fast and can lead teams to defeat Cosmic Cube Carriers.

Recently his will blocked telepaths.

SamZED
Originally posted by golem370
Good striking feat http://imageshack.us/a/img247/7416/capownskreelg4.jpg Lol looking at that scan Cap has no fighting skills whatsoever. Who the fcuk throws a punch like that?

sCOURGE_0
Originally posted by DTM
Well thats more mental processing speed over general intelligence. Slade can certain think faster than Reed Richards, but hes no where near as smart as Reed is (which is why I picked Cap for the slight edge in intelligence on this chart here). Cap isn't as smart as Reed Richards either, and Slade is smarter than Reed when it comes to combat tactics and battles, not science.

sCOURGE_0
Originally posted by Daredevil1
Cap brain is enhanced as well can learn super fast and can lead teams to defeat Cosmic Cube Carriers.

Recently his will blocked telepaths. Cap got outsmarted by Cyclops in AvX...seriously I've read hundreds of comics with Cap and I've never seen any impressive intelligence feats.

Will power has nothing to do with intelligence either, by that logic Hal Jordan would be smarter than Reed Richards

Daredevil1
Cap got outsmarted by Cyclops in AvX...seriously I've read hundreds of comics with Cap and I've never seen any impressive intelligence feats.

Will power has nothing to do with intelligence either, by that logic Hal Jordan would be smarter than Reed Richards

By that logic Slade got outwitted/Outsmarted by Robin and at other times Batman.

I've never seen impressive intelligent feats to be smarter then Reed Richards for Slade either.

Slade might use Prep weapons better but Cap uses teams better. Cap also has outsmarted Cyclops in AvX.

As for being Super Smart Beast said Cap is a super soldier that can master any new weapon in seconds.

sCOURGE_0
By that logic Slade got outwitted/Outsmarted by Robin and at other times Batman.

I've never seen impressive intelligent feats to be smarter then Reed Richards for Slade either.

Slade might use Prep weapons better but Cap uses teams better. Cap also has outsmarted Cyclops in AvX.

As for being Super Smart Beast said Cap is a super soldier that can master any new weapon in seconds. Robin has better intelligence feats than Cap or Cyclops do.

Batman has never outsmarted Deathstroke and even if he did, Batman is so far above Cyclops and Captain America that it doesn't help your argument at all.

You've never seen any impressive science feats to show Slade is smarter than Reed because there aren't any, Slade doesn't have science feats. Slade has better battle intelligence feats than Reed does and if you think otherwise it just shows you haven't read much Deathstroke

Cap uses team betters? Good for him, it isn't relevant in a one on one fight, Slade's intelligence is.

Again, just like his willpower, Cap's ability to master weapons has little to do with intelligence. Batman isn't a super soldier and he was able to do that in Superman/Batman when they were fighting the Doomsday clones.

Daredevil1
Robin has better intelligence feats than Cap or Cyclops do.

Batman has never outsmarted Deathstroke and even if he did, Batman is so far above Cyclops and Captain America that it doesn't help your argument at all.

You've never seen any impressive science feats to show Slade is smarter than Reed because there aren't any, Slade doesn't have science feats. Slade has better battle intelligence feats than Reed does and if you think otherwise it just shows you haven't read much Deathstroke

Cap uses team betters? Good for him, it isn't relevant in a one on one fight, Slade's intelligence is.

Again, just like his willpower, Cap's ability to master weapons has little to do with intelligence. Batman isn't a super soldier and he was able to do that in Superman/Batman when they were fighting the Doomsday clones.

Fact of the matter is Cap is a military genius when it comes to combat/warfare.

The guy wins its what what he does. In a one on one fight combat is what he also does.

You can assume Slade is better but I disagree and view them close to one another. Plus Cap has stated he practically has a total recall since his memory is also enhanced.

Slade also gets this type of benefit since his brain is boosted as well.

With Cap your just looking at the other side of the coin.

-Pr-
Robin might be smarter than Cap or Cyclops, but he isn't a better strategist/tactician than either of them.

sCOURGE_0
Fact of the matter is Cap is a military genius when it comes to combat/warfare.

The guy wins its what what he does. In a one on one fight combat is what he also does.

You can assume Slade is better but I disagree and view them close to one another. Plus Cap has stated he practically has a total recall since his memory is also enhanced.

Slade also gets this type of benefit since his brain is boosted as well.

With Cap your just looking at the other side of the coin. Cap isn't a military genius or a genius when it comes to combat and warfare either, where are you getting this from O_o

The guy wins? It's what he does? That's what everyone does...what kind of logic are you using? That is one of the worst arguments and generalizations I've ever heard.

I don't assume Slade is better, I know he is because he has better feats. Cap is only above average when it comes to leading teams. when it comes to one on one he's mediocre, no better than other human combatants and no where near the caliber of Slade and Bruce.

And it's hilarious how much praise you're giving Cap when he let Punisher make the plans to enter Stark Towers in Civil War...enhanced intelliect, military genius and master of combat and warfare...yet allows a rogue murderous vigilante make the game plan and goes along with it...yeah that makes total sense laughing out loud

juggernaut74
Well played scouge, well played.

StiltmanFTW
Recently his will blocked telepaths.

You're talking about Kid Omega?

Daredevil1
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
You're talking about Kid Omega?

IIRC Redscull using Xavier's powers.

RS had him down and he broke free of his control even though RS had Thor under his control IIRC.

Daredevil1
Cap isn't a military genius or a genius when it comes to combat and warfare either, where are you getting this from O_o

The guy wins? It's what he does? That's what everyone does...what kind of logic are you using? That is one of the worst arguments and generalizations I've ever heard.

I don't assume Slade is better, I know he is because he has better feats. Cap is only above average when it comes to leading teams. when it comes to one on one he's mediocre, no better than other human combatants and no where near the caliber of Slade and Bruce.

And it's hilarious how much praise you're giving Cap when he let Punisher make the plans to enter Stark Towers in Civil War...enhanced intelliect, military genius and master of combat and warfare...yet allows a rogue murderous vigilante make the game plan and goes along with it...yeah that makes total sense laughing out loud

LOL you target Cap's mistakes and yet even NW strategy to evade Slade to even get away from him when he was a kid...LOL.

Such a strategist. Seems to me you just target Cap low ends and ignore everything else. I could do the same to Slade.

Cap had Civil War won since you cite that a lot. The only thing that got in the way was his principles as he was hammering down at Ironman with his shield and then the civilians stopped him.

Cap assembled a galactic federation type army for prep against Korvac with cube. Many times when he won Korvac just resset time to restart the whole thing with the cube.

Hell the only time Slade looks good is when he has PIS like the JLA example. Because no offense you have not mentioned any of these great feats that Slade did.

comicfan11
Stronger - Tie or edge to DS
Faster - DS
More durable - DS (suit)
Better fighter - DS overall but Cap might be better in h2h skills.
More tactical - DS
Best healing - DS
Agile - DS
Smarter - DS
Best striking power - Cap with the shield

sCOURGE_0
LOL you target Cap's mistakes and yet even NW strategy to evade Slade to even get away from him when he was a kid...LOL.

Such a strategist. Seems to me you just target Cap low ends and ignore everything else. I could do the same to Slade.

Cap had Civil War won since you cite that a lot. The only thing that got in the way was his principles as he was hammering down at Ironman with his shield and then the civilians stopped him.

Cap assembled a galactic federation type army for prep against Korvac with cube. Many times when he won Korvac just resset time to restart the whole thing with the cube.

Hell the only time Slade looks good is when he has PIS like the JLA example. Because no offense you have not mentioned any of these great feats that Slade did. The problem with your argument is that Cap doesn't have any high end showings to offset his low one's. Slade has plenty to justify that being a low showing. Maybe if Cap had some actual feats that were impressive when it comes to intelligence you might have a leg to stand on.

There was no PIS in Identity Crisis either, the two characters he prepped primarly for were Flash and GL, Flash was easy to take out because Slade could predict his patterns since he's been fighting Wally since he was Kid Flash in the original Titans.

GL was a case of CIS. It wasn't PIS on Slade's part, it was CIS on Kyle's part for trying to punch Slade instead of using his ring properly

Flash and GL Aside you still have Ray Palmer who has a Hank Pym/Reed Richard level intellect, you had GA, Canary, Hawkman, Zatanna and Plastic Man. Zatanna was a no brainer, she has no superhuman stats and needed to be taken out.

So remind me again, what feat does Cap have to put himself anywhere near this level? Oh that's right, he doesn't have any..My bad laughing

Did you just say Cap had Civil War won? Please tell me you're joking with that? Besides the fact that Castle got them into Stark Tower, lets look at some of times Cap nearly bit he dust before getting bailed out, in Heroes for Hire CW, Paladin ambushed Cap and took out nearly his entire team until Shang Chi beat him down. Cap got saved by Shang.

In another example when he fought Spiderman he had to leave his shield behind and Spiderman returned it to him out of respect

So yeah, Cap had Civil War won, despite the fact that someone else made the game plan, someone else saved him from Paladin, and someone had to return his weapon which he had to abandon. What an amazing tactical mastermind Cap is laughing laughing laughing

Daredevil1
LOL this seriously shows you don't know what you are talking about.

Cap played possum against Paladin and held his breath against Paladin. That was even explained later on during the next issue or at the end of that one.

Plus IIRC they got the better of Slade anyways despite the job fest. Geez that seems to happen a lot even Roy Harper and his team one uped Slade. It wasn't pretty.

Punisher didn't aid Cap against his battle with Ironman in Civil War. They were trying something new with Punisher and he was a failed project anyways from his methods.

Pretending that JLA scene is superior to Cap's feats is just without any real substance. Slade looked helpless at the end of that encounter, and he had to be saved during the Roy Harper.

He had to return Steve's weapon so what. I could easily say Slade let a kid get the better of him by escaping him.

What a genius.....LOL.

The fact of the matter is Cap and Slade are very close to one another in this "area". You just can't see it since you are some what biased.

sCOURGE_0
"Cap played possum against Paladin and held his breath against Paladin. That was even explained later on during the next issue or at the end of that one."

Dafuq you talking bout?

They were all down at the end of Heroes for Hire #2, no where in Heroes for Hire #3 did it state Cap played possum, I even checked. It showed in #3 Shang beating the crap out of Paladin then using his gas mask to save Cap. Then they turned on the vents and sucked the gas out

He never played possum, he got saved by Shang, end of story

"Plus IIRC they got the better of Slade anyways despite the job fest. Geez that seems to happen a lot even Roy Harper and his team one uped Slade. It wasn't pretty"

Yeah, it took a group of heroes to dogpile Slade to take him down, it took one Paladin to take down Cap and the HFH before Shang saved him. Who comes out looking worse here? Here's a hint, it's Cap

What Roy Harper instance are you talking about? If you're referring to Villains for Hire I am going to have a field day with you.

"Punisher didn't aid Cap against his battle with Ironman in Civil War. They were trying something new with Punisher and he was a failed project anyways from his methods."

Irrelevant, even if Punisher's plan was a failure it was Cap's fault for going along with it anyway. If anything Punisher is better with prep and smarter than Cap is and Cap followed along like a lost dog and suffered the consequences for it. If Punisher's plan failed, then Cap's would of also since he apparently didn't have enough confidence and needed to let a murderous vigilante call the shots.

"Pretending that JLA scene is superior to Cap's feats is just without any real substance. Slade looked helpless at the end of that encounter, and he had to be saved during the Roy Harper"

What in the holy hell are you talking about? Dr Light and Slade bailed after the Identity Crisis fight, Arsenal wasn't even there. The only time Slade and Arsenal were in a fight was Villains for Hire.

No one is pretending, that is an actual fact and you haven't named a single Cap feat to show otherwise. In fact I've shown three of instances in the same story that outside of leading teams Cap is a mediocre intellect.

"He had to return Steve's weapon so what. I could easily say Slade let a kid get the better of him by escaping him."

You could say it and it would make you look even worst. Robin lost the fight by retreating, Cap retreated in Civil War and lost his shield.

Spiderman didn';t have to return his shield either, he could of sold the damn thing on Craigslist if he wanted to, Cap was at the mercy of someone elses respect and if Spiderman didn't return the shield, Cap would of went into that all mighty battle with Iron Man that you keep bringing up without his precious shield and would of gotten stomped even worse

Again, guess who comes out looking worse, here's another hit, it's the guy dressed in red white and blue

"The fact of the matter is Cap and Slade are very close to one another in this "area". You just can't see it since you are some what biased."

Only in your little fanboy dreams, but here in the real world we look at facts, and the only fact here is that Cap doesn't have a single feat to his name that puts him on Slade's level.

You call it bias, but in truth it's called being educated, maybe you should try it sometimes.

Daredevil1
"Cap played possum against Paladin and held his breath against Paladin. That was even explained later on during the next issue or at the end of that one."

Dafuq you talking bout?

They were all down at the end of Heroes for Hire #2, no where in Heroes for Hire #3 did it state Cap played possum, I even checked. It showed in #3 Shang beating the crap out of Paladin then using his gas mask to save Cap. Then they turned on the vents and sucked the gas out

He never played possum, he got saved by Shang, end of story

You call it bias, but in truth it's called being educated, maybe you should try it sometimes.

Right. Did you miss the scene were Shang asks Cap if he trusts him?

And did you miss this page. Next you will try to belittle Cap for going along with Shang's idea.....LOL. But this at least shows how wrong you are. Free education for you there. smile

http://imageshack.us/a/img823/6995/hoh308.jpg

Bias yeah.... you seem to be. So much for Paladin stomping Cap the way you are promoting it. Context. Your quite the liar.

sCOURGE_0
It doesn't really matter, he was still saved by Shang..

Even if it was a plan orchestrated by Shang and Cap, he still needed Shang to sneak up behind Paladin and beat him down.

No Shang = Cap getting owned by Paladin

You aren't making a very good case for yourself.

And you're really one to talk considering you said Roy Harper saved Slade when he fought the JLA

Worse case scenario, I made a mistake, you've made several. Cap still needed someone to save him. Dr Light and Slade escaped from a team that had a Flash and a Green Lantern on it, Cap had a team and couldn't beat Paladin who's a mid tier street leveler at best, on his own.

My point still stands, nice try though

Daredevil1

No Shang = Cap getting owned by Paladin

Sure he was liar.

He was only saved by Shang because he went with his plan. Thus him losing had context.

Nice try...liar.

You've been caught. And you still try to use that scene as a straight up ownage. No dice. You have been discredited for even after the evidence you try to dismiss it.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by comicfan11
Stronger - Tie or edge to DS
Faster - DS
More durable - DS (suit)
Better fighter - DS overall but Cap might be better in h2h skills.
More tactical - DS
Best healing - DS
Agile - DS
Smarter - DS
Best striking power - Cap with the shield

laughing

Jesus. So, clearly you don't read comics.

srankmissingnin
Strength: Captain America
Speed: Captain America
Durability: Captain America
Combat Skill: Captain America
Tactics: Captain America || Strategy: Deathstroke
Healing Deathstroke
Agility: Captain America
Inteligence: Deathstroke
Striking Power: Captain America

/End Thread

namorsubby
Deathstroke in everything except fighting skills. Clearly Srank doesn't read comics.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by namorsubby
Deathstroke in everything except fighting skills. Clearly Srank doesn't read comics.

You're such a joke. laughing

Post a single canon strength feat that puts Slade on par with Captain America.

Captain America has dozens of concrete, quantifiable feats that put Cap above Slade in every category I listed. Slade at best has useless anecdotal evidence in his corner, at worse he has nothing more than your irrelevant opinion.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Post a single canon strength feat that puts Slade on par with Captain America. Post reboot?

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Parmaniac
Post reboot?

Preboot

juggernaut74
Preboot Is post more impressive or something?

Silent Master
Originally posted by juggernaut74
Is post more impressive or something?

Who is...

Stronger?
Faster?
More durable?
Better fighter?
More tactical?
Best healing?
Agile?
Smarter?
Best striking power?

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by juggernaut74
Is post more impressive or something?

Nope, the thread merely stipulates that it is Pre-Boot Slade.

juggernaut74
Nope, the thread merely stipulates that it is Pre-Boot Slade. Does the new Slade even had healing?

StiltmanFTW
Post a single canon strength feat that puts Slade on par with Captain America.

Subby thinks that DS drawing blood from Diana with a punch is more impressive than anything Cap's done, despite the fact Steve has similar or better striking feats.

At least that was his stance long time ago in Cap vs. DS thread...

srankmissingnin
If Subby can post a single canon strength feat that puts Slade above Cap, I will concede the advantage in every category to Slade.

You know what, f@ck that, if anyone can post a single strength feat that puts Slade on par with Captain America, I will concede the advantage in every category to Slade.

srankmissingnin
Feats. That's what this whole thing comes down to. Captain America has them. Deathstroke doesn't. Anyone who thinks Slade is above Cap in any category other than intelligence and healing (and the gap in healing isn't even that great), doesn't read comics. It's that simple. There is NO way you could believe that and be knowledgeable on both characters. If you think Slade is better than Cap, I invite you to leave, because you aren't a real comic fan, and you don't belong on a forum where real comic fans are having these discussions. This isn't a matter of debate. There is NO room for differing opinions on this topic. Captain America is better than Slade, that's a fact. If you were in a court room presenting each character's respective feats as evidence to a jury, no jury would come down in favor of Slade. Every one is entitled to their own opinion, but you aren't entitled to make up facts. The fact is there is only one acceptable response in this thread, and I already posted it:

Strength: Captain America
Speed: Captain America
Durability: Captain America
Combat Skill: Captain America
Tactics: Captain America || Strategy: Deathstroke
Healing Deathstroke
Agility: Captain America
Inteligence: Deathstroke
Striking Power: Captain America

srankmissingnin
Nobody wants to take the bait? sad

namorsubby
Srank obviously doesn't respect the validity of feats since he has so many categories in caps favor that should be in Slades according to them. Idk if he reads DC comics at all. Doesnt seem like a fan. Lol

Silent Master
Srank obviously didn't respect the validity of feats since he had somw many categories in caps favor that should be in Slades according to feats. Idk if he reads DC comics at all. Doesnt seem like a fan. Lol

Then prove him wrong by posting strength feats for Slade.

namorsubby
Maybe he should prove something since he always waltzes into threads like his slanted opinion are facts set in stone. Why doesn't he show feats for cap in ALL of those categories he named him superior in? There happens to be a thread for Slade on this very website where you all can educate yourselves concerning Deathstroke feats and capabilities.

srankmissingnin
I'm always reminded how for years Long Pig - former resident Slade expert - would argue that Slade was better than Captain America. Non-stop. For years. He'd say "I've read just as much Captain America, and I know that Slade is better!" FOR YEARS. Then he stopped posting for a while. When he finally came back, he admitted that he had lied, in his time off had read up on Captain America, agreed that Cap was in fact better than Slade in all the categories we claimed he was, and apologized, because he assumed that we were exaggerating Cap's credentials.

That's the only reason for believing Deathstroke is superior to Captain America. Not having read enough Captain America comics to formulate a valid and informed opinion. Anyone who says that have, and still believe Slade is better... is a liar. Plain and simple.

I'd say that one day Subby will back years from now to make the same concision that Long Pig made, but I doubt it. This ******* doesn't have an ounce of the integrity that Long Pig did.

srankmissingnin
Maybe he should prove something since he always waltzes into threads like his slanted opinion are facts set in stone. Why doesn't he show feats for cap in ALL of those categories he named him superior in? There happens to be a thread for Slade on this very website where you all can educate yourselves concerning Deathstroke feats and capabilities.

If you post one single strength feat that shows that Deathstroke is on par with Captain America, I will concede that Deathstroke is better than Captain America in EVERY. SINGLE. WAY.

The fact that you can't do this, is telling.

namorsubby
I saw not one Feat in all that gibberish. Honestly theres nothing you can even show me that I haven't already seen from cap. My conclusion stands. Slade is just more superhuman in every regard, physically and mentality. You were even dense enough to suggest that cap is a better tactician/strageist, which is laughable.....and don't even get me started on speed. Lol

StiltmanFTW
Honestly theres nothing you can even show me that I haven't already seen from cap.

el oh el

Silent Master
I find it rather sad that namorsubby is unable to find even a single strength feat for Slade that can even match Cap's average.

srankmissingnin
Lies and empty rhetoric. The last bastion of a Deathstroke fanboy.

namorsubby
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=532260&pagenumber=1

Check any and all pages for absolute confirmation of Slades superiority in the aforementioned categories. Look with your eyes, not your star-spangled hearts.

Silent Master
Which one of those is supposed to prove that Slade is stronger than Cap?

srankmissingnin
We'are looking for proof that Slade is above Cap, we don't need further documentation confirming his inferiority...

Caps Conscience

I've seen him do it numerous times. And he was debating you.

namorsubby
Originally posted by Silent Master
Which one of those is supposed to prove that Slade is stronger than Cap?

Did you miss the "any and all" part of my statement? Apparently so...

We'are looking for proof that Slade is above Cap, we don't need further documentation confirming his inferiority...

Youll find superior feats for every physical and mental attribute. Speed,
strength, overall agility, durability, healing, and senses. Mentally its not even a contest. You lowball Slade religiously and everyone here knows it. You do the exact opposote for Cap, so I can see wht youd have a problem seeing the obvious.

Originally posted by Caps Conscience
I've seen him do it numerous times. And he was debating you.

Refresh my memory and quote me those exact instances. oh yeah thats right,
you cap guys never really post feats, and when you can its the same
regurgitated scans that I need not see again . If you guys want to see my feats, go to me thread. I'm not dragging them here for the thousandth time to havw them picked apart or flat out ignored.

Silent Master
Did you miss the "any and all" part of my statement? Apparently so...

It might help if you post the actual strength feat that is supposed to prove that Slade is stronger than Cap.

sCOURGE_0
Sure he was liar.

He was only saved by Shang because he went with his plan. Thus him losing had context.

Nice try...liar.

You've been caught. And you still try to use that scene as a straight up ownage. No dice. You have been discredited for even after the evidence you try to dismiss it. Yeah, he went with his plan because he had no choice

Seriously do you even listen to yourself? I misread a scan and I'm a liar even though you're the idiot who said Roy Harper saved Slade from the JLA...we both made mistakes.. The fact that you keep emphasizing my Heroes for Hire misap and refuse to acknowledge your Identity Crisis blunder pretty much proves that you're out of gas.

Also the entire point of this argument was to show how Cap's ability to plan and his strategic mind compares to Slade. What you just did was prove that ****ing Shang Chi of all people is a better planner than Cap is. Punisher made the plan to sneak into Stark Tower and Shang made the plan to combat Paladin, you essentially proved that Punisher and Shang >>> when it comes to anything intellect related

Nice job shooting yourself in the foot. Should I continue or will you keep kicking your own ass in this argument?

sCOURGE_0
Even though I think Slade wins I think Cap has better lifting feats than Slade. Most of Slade's strength is gauged through other characters like Black Canary when he's kicking their asses.

Not that I'm agreeing with Srank because I personally think the guy is a douche,. but I do believe Cap is stronger than Slade is, although Slade's effectiveness with striking may be superior since he's shown that he can pinpoint weak spots similar to Wolverine in Manifest Destiny, and was able to destroy missile proof glass.

namorsubby
It might help if you post the actual strength feat that is supposed to prove that Slade is stronger than Cap.

I've always said that their strength feats are comparable, and that cap has MORE instances displaying brute strength (might have something to do with his vast history and many more appearances in general). Id give Slade the nod in that area because hes been shown and stated to be stronger than cap and another dc character who has comparable strength feats to Cap(Batman)

These guys run around here inflating cap feats with "estimations" and favorable interpretations. Oh remember when he pulled down a heli unassisted. Or that 200 gazillion lb statue he lifted of the base while tied to it. GTFOH

Silent Master
I've always said that their strength feats are comparable, and that cap has MORE instances displaying brute strength (might have something to do with his vast history and many more appearances in general). Id give Slade the nod in that area because hes been shown and stated to be stronger than cap and another dc character who has comparable strength feats to Cap(Batman)

These guys run around here inflating cap feats with "estimations" and favorable interpretations. Of remember when he ppul lk ed down a heli unassisted. Or that 200 gazillion lb statue he lifted of tge base while tied to it. GTFOH

Where has Slade been shown and stated to be stronger than Cap?

sCOURGE_0
I think Slade's best speed feat beats Cap's best speed feat

The best speed feat I've seen from Cap is when he outpaced a bullet in Red Zone

However Dinah outraced bullets and destroyed them with her scream in the JLA 80 Page Giant, and Slade blitzed her out of her skull in Identity Crisis. Essentially Slade blitzed someone who matched Cap's best speed feat.

srankmissingnin
There is the rub of it. This schmuck wants to believe Batman = Cap, and therefor can't say that Cap is stronger than Slade because that makes Cap stronger than Batman via the power of transitive properties.

Batman fans. The. f@cking. worst.

We've already proven to you that Cap is stronger than Batman, Subby. Definitively. Several times.

sCOURGE_0
Anyway

Stronger? Cap
Faster? Slade
More durable? Slade because of armor
Better fighter? Even
More tactical? Slade
Best healing? Slade
Agile? Even
Smarter? Slade
Best striking power? Cap with shield, Slade otherwise

I think it's fairly accurate after reading a good chunk of both characters material

namorsubby
Where has Slade been shown and stated to be stronger than Cap?

Many Times. Stated as 10 to 25 men depending on the instance. Has effortlessly ripped through walls like paper, kicked down a reinforced steel door, lifted and threw thousands of lb worth of sarcophigi pieces off of him AFTER they fell on him. Made two wonder women bleed with striking force. Hurt Lex in his green power suit with striking. The list goes on.

Like it or not Srank, Batman has comparable strengh feats to Cap. Amazingly visually similar feats at that. And Slade is easily stronger than Bruce, we know that from their encounters.

Branlor Swift
http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/5679/korvacagavengers7gl1.jpg

juggernaut74
I think the obvious edges Slade has is healing and intelligence. The others can be debated.

namorsubby
I agree but I would also add combat speed to that list. Obviously has much better feats in that department. They keep going back to strength because its really there only leg to stand on seeing as slade doesnt have many feats that display his strength in a deliberate fashion( like lifting)

Silent Master
Many Times. Stated as 10 to 25 men depending on the instance. Has effortlessly ripped through walls like paper, kicked down a reinforced steel door, lifted and threw thousands of lb worth of sarcophigi pieces off of him AFTER they fell on him. Made two wonder women bleed with striking force. Hurt Lex in his green power suit with striking. The list goes on.

Like it or not Srank, Batman has comparable strengh feats to Cap. Amazingly visually similar feats at that. And Slade is easily stronger than Bruce, we know that from their encounters.

Cap has similar statements...IE being stronger than half a platoon, Platoons BTW are between 26-64 people.

I'll leave the vague feats for srank since he asked for them to be posted.

namorsubby
Cap has similar statements...IE being stronger than half a platoon, Platoons BTW are between 26-64 people.

I'll leave the vague feats for srank since he asked for them to be posted. They have been, in my thread. And throughout numerous threads here in the vs section in the past. Not hard to find.

Silent Master
They have been, in my thread. And throughout numerous threads here in the vs section in the past. Not hard to find.

Like I said, Cap has similar statements...IE being stronger than half a platoon, Platoons BTW are between 26-64 people.

Branlor Swift
*scans of Cap blocking Hulk stone cold, and then beating the shit out of him*

srankmissingnin

Like I said, nothing but lies and anecdotes. Captain America has the exact same "strength of 10 men!" "strength of 20 men!" "strength of a half a platoon!" anecdotal statements from various characters lauding his strength that Slade has, but unlike Slade, Steve's actually mean something. Why? Because Captain America has legitimate strength feats to go with them.

For the love of god would you stop lying about the weight of sarcophagi? Jesus. If they are not in a giant stone outer coffin they DO. NOT. WEIGHT. THOUSANDS. OF. POUNDS! They weight a couple of hundred. That's it. I sourced museum articles THAT DIRECTLY STATE THAT. Hell,THE ARTICLE YOU POSTED TRYING TO PROVE ME WRONG DIRECTLY STATED THAT AS WELL. It comes as a surprise to no one you apparently have no semblance of reading comprehension.

Cap's gone shot for shot Iron Man in his armor, and his melee'd Namor and Hulk... but those aren't strength feats.

Captain America and Batman do not have "amazingly similar" strength feats. Cap's are clearly a step above Batman's as was evident the last time this was brought up to everyone except you. You lie through your f@cking teeth to exaggerate Batman's feats, then do everything in your power to low ball Caps. You're a joke.

sCOURGE_0
Like I said, Cap has similar statements...IE being stronger than half a platoon, Platoons BTW are between 26-64 people. That actually sounds accurate. Bats was able to move a giant piller that a dozen swat members weren't able to budge. If Cap is about as strong as half a platoon I'd say that's pretty accurate because I believe him stronger than Bats.

srankmissingnin
Anyway

Stronger? Cap
Faster? Slade
More durable? Slade because of armor
Better fighter? Even
More tactical? Slade
Best healing? Slade
Agile? Even
Smarter? Slade
Best striking power? Cap with shield, Slade otherwise

I think it's fairly accurate after reading a good chunk of both characters material

Well... you're mistaken.

Faster? Slade? I don't think so. His best speed feat is jumping between the blade of a spinning industrial fan. Impressive... but not quite up to snuff with Cap's best, and Captain America has never been blitzed by Nightwing, Slade has.

More durable? Because of armor? You are aware that Slade's armor is routinely destroyed? That it has been penetrated by stiletto blades and small arms fire? Slade's armor obviously has also been shown to no sell artillery fire on occasion as well but Cap's armor is far more consistent than Slade's. Sans armor? Slade's been taken down by machine gun fire even while wearing his armor, Cap's taken machine gun fire to the chest in his civies, and kept fighting. You can disregard that from durability if you believe it's a healing feat if you'd like, but he also had Gambit charge his armor, and tanked the explosion like it was nothing. He's also stayed in the pocket and gone shot for shot with Iron Man.

Better fighter? Even? That's laughable. Captain America doesn't get tooled by guys like Nightwing or Arsenal in melee combat. Captain America is more skilled than Deathstroke. Much more skilled. Punisher is much more skilled than Deathstroke. Slade just isn't that good of a fighter. He gets buy on low level super human attributes, not combat skill.

Striking? Slade sans shield? Captain America has two shoted the Hulk. He's smashed through re-inforced SHIELD windows designed to stand up to ballistic missiles. He has much better striking feats than Slade does.

Silent Master
That actually sounds accurate. Bats was able to move a giant piller that a dozen swat members weren't able to budge. If Cap is about as strong as half a platoon I'd say that's pretty accurate because I believe him stronger than Bats.

Depends on what you would consider "vastly", based on feats...Cap has a very noticable edge in strength.

srankmissingnin
By feats Cap is about 2-4 times stronger than Batman, not an insurmountable advantage, but significant. Bruce is peak human. Captain America is super human.

Silent Master
IMO, Batman is closer to Daredevil in strength.

namorsubby
By feats Cap is about 2-4 times stronger than Batman, not an insurmountable advantage, but significant. Bruce is peak human. Captain America is super human. Ridiculoisly untrue. Cap is BARELY superhuman level strength. Bruce isn't through statement or description, but certainly through feats.

Mindset
Cap is about 20 times stronger than Batman.

srankmissingnin
IMO, Batman is closer to Daredevil in strength.

Exactly.

Some deluded people want to draw parallels between Captain America and Batman... but those parallels do not exist. Marvel has a much deeper Street Level talent pool then DC does, it's only natural that there are big fish swimming in that pool. Daredevil is Marvel's closest counter part to Batman, and Captain America is physically superior to them both.

Daredevil has a Batgirl + style body reading ability that has trumped legitimate precog in combat, so it's obviously not a perfect equivocacy.

srankmissingnin
Ridiculoisly untrue. Cap is BARELY superhuman level strength. Bruce isn't through statement or description, but certainly through feats.

Batman is in the one thousand lbs range. Captain America is in the two ton range.

namorsubby
Batman is in the one thousand lbs range. Captain America is in the two ton range. Bruce is well over a thousand and there is absolutely nothing to suggest cap lifting capability is 4000 freakin' lbs on average

Silent Master
Ridiculoisly untrue. Cap is BARELY superhuman level strength. Bruce isn't through statement or description, but certainly through feats.

If you consider Batman to be peak human, then by feats Cap is well into the low superhuman range.

namorsubby
Slade obviously has far better speed feats. All of which Srank even refuses to acknowledge as speed feats, which is moronic. Not just ALL those flashes through the years, but he routinely outmanuevers super fast foes and many opponents of various levels of speed altogether in groups. He is EASILY faster and EASILY has better reflexes. Hes said many times that he holds back against street levels like nightwing, who he effortlessly thrashes when he has a mind to, but Srank is such a low baller when it comes to slade that its the only thing he brings up time and again.

If you consider Batman to be peak human, then by feats Cap is well into the low superhuman range.
Yes, LOW superhuman level. Batman is Peak by description, but even higher based on his absurding impressive feats based on his peak human status

srankmissingnin
Bruce is well over a thousand and there is absolutely nothing to suggest cap lifting capability is 4000 freakin' lbs on average

No he isn't. There is nothing to suggest that Captain America isn't 4000lbs on Average. All most all the strength feats posted for him are accomplished by him seemingly coasting without any struggle. Causally walking around with utility poles slung over his shoulder. Pulling helicopters out of the sky. Stopping cars in their tracks by grabbing the back bumpers. Throwing massive chucks of concrete. Batman's best feats are accomplished under tremendous strain with great effort on his part... and they still don't match Caps. Most of the Batman strength feats that get brought up are do or die, mother lifting a car of their child feats of hysterical strength accomplished under duress that don't accurate represent Batman's strength level. Some of Caps feats fall under that category... but most of them do not.

Silent Master
Slade obviously has far bettee speed feats. All of which Srank even refuses to acknowledge as speed feats, which is moronic. Not just ALL those flashes through the years, but he routinely outmanuevers super fast foes and many opponents of various levels of speed altogether in groups. He is EASILY faster and EASILY has better reflexes. Hes said many times that he holds back against street levels like nightwing, who he effortlessly thrashes when he has a mind t, but Srank is such a low baller when it comes to slade that its the only thing he bruins up time and again.

I notice that you keep trying to move the topic away from strength, should this be taken as an admission on your part that Cap is stronger?

-Pr-
Huh? Cap is well stronger than Batman. Even if you want to argue that Batman could beat Steve, strength isn't really a good way to go for it.

h1a8
No he isn't. There is nothing to suggest that Captain America isn't 4000lbs on Average. All most all the strength feats posted for him are accomplished by him seemingly coasting without any struggle. Causally walking around with utility poles slung over his shoulder. Pulling helicopters out of the sky. Stopping cars in their tracks by grabbing the back bumpers. Throwing massive chucks of concrete. Batman's best feats are accomplished under tremendous strain with great effort on his part... and they still don't match Caps. Most of the Batman strength feats that get brought up are do or die, mother lifting a car of their child feats of hysterical strength accomplished under duress that don't accurate represent Batman's strength level. Some of Caps feats fall under that category... but most of them do not. Cap pulling down the mini flyer is a crap feat. Not only was it a glass wonka vader, the car assisted in the pulling, and the copter didn't pull against Cap at all (it was pursuing him).

But Cap is stronger than Bats but not by much.

namorsubby
I notice that you keep trying to move the topic away from strength, should this be taken as an admission on your part that Cap is stronger? I've already addressed it.

Originally posted by -Pr-
Huh? Cap is well stronger than Batman. Even if you want to argue that Batman could beat Steve, strength isn't really a good way to go for it. I'm not saying hes stronger i'm saying he has comparable strengh feats.
Originally posted by h1a8
Cap pulling down the mini flyer is a crap feat. Not only was it a glass wonka vader, the car assisted in the pulling, and the copter didn't pull against Cap at all (it was pursuing him).

I concur

srankmissingnin
Slade obviously has far bettee speed feats. All of which Srank even refuses to acknowledge as speed feats, which is moronic. Not just ALL those flashes through the years, but he routinely outmanuevers super fast foes and many opponents of various levels of speed altogether in groups. He is EASILY faster and EASILY has better reflexes. Hes said many times that he holds back against street levels like nightwing, who he effortlessly thrashes when he has a mind t, but Srank is such a low baller when it comes to slade that its the only thing he bruins up time and again.

laughing

No he doesn't.

Newsflash, Slade "outmaneuvering" speedsters is not a speed feat. He manages to tag jobbing speedsters the same why every other street level MA does it, by predicting their movements and leading them into an attack... then thanks to the plot they will be too stupid to avoid. Slade throws a bo-staff in Flash's path... and then he runs into and trips... because apparently he is staggeringly incompetent. And most of the time he has accomplished this were against much slower incarnations of the characters. When the Teen Titans first started Kid Flash was 300mph. When Slade knee capped Impulse he was stated in the very issue (or the one immediately before or after) as being mach 3. Cap's hit Quicksilver. Wolverine's hit Northstar. Batman's hit Flash. Those aren't speed feats. It's the characters being skilled enough to maneuver a fast but less skilled fighter into the path of an attack.

Legitimate speed feats, Caps are better than Slades.

-Pr-
I've already addressed it.

I'm not saying hes stronger i'm saying he has comparable strengh feats.

I can't agree with that, especially when we take Cap's higher feats in to account.

srankmissingnin
Cap pulling down the mini flyer is a crap feat. Not only was it a glass wonka vader, the car assisted in the pulling, and the copter didn't pull against Cap at all (it was pursuing him).

We've been over this before. You're wrong. Captain America was not bolted into the back of the car. He was standing in the back seat. He shot the grappling hook and immediately yanked the helicopter out of the air. It's an AMAZING feat. You're an idiot enabling Subby's delusions.

Silent Master
I've already addressed it.

If by addressed it, you mean...haven't posted any feats that suggest that Slade can match Cap in strength.

namorsubby

But Cap is stronger than Bats but not by much. Originally posted by srankmissingnin
laughing

No he doesn't.

Newsflash, Slade "outmaneuvering" speedsters is not a speed feat. He manages to tag jobbing speedsters the same why every other street level MA does it, by predicting their movements and leading them into an attack... then thanks to the plot they will be too stupid to avoid. Slade throws a bo-staff in Flash's path... and then he runs into and trips... because apparently he is staggeringly incompetent. And most of the time he has accomplished this were against much slower incarnations of the characters. When the Teen Titans first started Kid Flash was 300mph. When Slade knee capped Impulse he was stated in the very issue (or the one immediately before or after) as being mach 3. Cap's hit Quicksilver. Wolverine's hit Northstar. Batman's hit Flash. Those aren't speed feats. It's the characters being skilled enough to maneuver a fast but less skilled fighter into the path of an attack.

Legitimate speed feats, Caps are better than Slades. Only a complete idiot would say tagging flashes routinely along with outmanuevering other superfast characters are not "legitimate speed feats". Not to mention being capable of engaging multiple heros working collectively against you in close quarters combat. Youre not too bright.

Yes, and the Heli thing is crap. you assist every cap feat with exaggerated bullshit.lol

Silent Master

You have a strange definition of "not by much".

namorsubby
If by addressed it, you mean...haven't posted any feats that suggest that Slade can match Cap in strength. I mentioned more than a few, which are all convienently located in the link I posted. Your denial after the fact is out of my control.

I can't agree with that, especially when we take Cap's higher feats in to account.
Yes, higher end. Normally, they're pretty much at par

Silent Master
I mentioned more than a few, which are all convienently located in the link I posted. Your denial after the fact is out of my control.

No, you listed a buch of feats that place Slade below Cap...that and you lied about at least one of the feats, as srank pointed out...in fact that wasn't even the first time srank has pointed out that you were lying about the feat.

srankmissingnin
Only a complete idiot would say tagging flashes routinely along with outmanuevering other superfast characters are not "legitimate speed feats". Not to mention being capable of engaging multiple heros working collectively against you in close quarters combat. Youre not too bright.

Yes, and the Heli thing is crap. you assist every cap feat with exaggerated bullshit.lol

Its the exact same thing as trying to pass off Cap melee Namor or Iron Man as a strength feat. It's not a strength feat, and these aren't speed feats. If you are as smart as the average poster... you'd know that. The fact that you legitimately believe that Slade has tagged the Flash do to have having comparable speed is another highlight of your legendary stupidity.

The Helicopter feat isn't crap in the slightest, but feel free to throw your bones in with h1a8. It's probably a good move because, (sarcasm) he's a credible poster and everyone respects his views, and no one thinks he's a lunatic.(/sarcasm). dur

namorsubby
No, you listed a buch of feats that place Slade below Cap...that and you lied about at least one of the feats, as srank pointed out...in fact that wasn't even the first time srank has pointed out that you were lying about the feat. Srank may be your all knowing go to guy for confirmation about the validity of everything, but I use the internet. Srank can say what he wants, i found multiple sites who all said the same thing about sarcophigi. He cant suppprt his ridiculous notions without finding a bs excuse to not acknowledge ANY thing given that obviously contradicts it.

Its the exact same thing as trying to pass off Cap melee Namor or Iron Man as a strength feat. It's not a strength feat, and these aren't speed feats. If you are as smart as the average poster... you'd know that. The fact that you legitimately believe that Slade has tagged the Flash do to have having comparable speed is another highlight of your legendary stupidity.

The Helicopter feat isn't crap in the slightest, but feel free to throw your bones in with h1a8. It's probably a good move because, (sarcasm) he's a credible poster and everyone respects his views, and no one thinks he's a lunatic.(/sarcasm). dur

Only an idiot would suggest that I implied that flash and Slade have comparable speed. Even more moronic then believing that it doesnt take speed to tag superfast characters or engage whole groups of superheros h2h. Lol

Damaging superdurable opponents with strikes are obviously a testament to strength/striking power. U just used the hulk thing for cap dumbass(PIS).lol

You believe cap is strong enough to pull a heli down in flight unassisted. You believe he can 2 shot hulk. Youre dense.

CosmicComet
Lol.

Tagging the flash would require that his arm moves fast enough for it to compete with the Flash's perception speed.

Since Flash's perception speed is on par with his physical speed (the same way its the same for you or I), that would mean that Deathstroke has to throw his punch at LEAST as comparably fast as Flash can throw a punch.

But he can't. Because if Deathstroke could throw a lightspeed+ punch, he would also be able to run at lightspeed+ speeds. Afterall, muscle movement is muscle movement. It's not like his arm speed is going to be millions of times faster than his lower body's speed. (imagine, theoretically, how ****ing stupid that would look)

It's PIS. Ignore it. You can't tag someone without having the ability to perform speed feats of comparable magnitude. Afterall, reflexes are comprised of perception speed and muscle movement speed. And Deathstroke performs neither of those things as fast as a Flash. Not even remotely close.

If he could see as fast as the flash, but could not move any faster than a peak human, then his own body would simply feel like its in slow motion. Nay, not in slow motion, rather, completely frozen.

If he could move as fast as the flash but could not see as fast, that would mean he simply could not react to the Flash and could only rely on blindly punching around as fast as he could (his arms would be invisible to himself at such speeds).

If he could see and move his muscles as fast as the Flash...then he'd be as fast as the Flash! Simple shit.

srankmissingnin
Srank may be your all knowing go to guy for confirmation about the validity of everything, but I use the internet. Srank can say what he wants, i found multiple sites who all said the same thing about sarcophigi. He cant suppprt his ridiculous notions without finding a bs excuse to not acknowledge ANY thing given that obviously contradicts it.

Only an idiot would suggest that I implied that flash and Slade have comparable speed. Even more moronic then believing that it doesnt take speed to tag superfast characters or engage whole groups of superheros h2h. Lol

Damaging superdurable opponents with strikes are obviously a testament to strength/striking power. U just used the hulk thing for cap dumbass(PIS).lol

You believe cap is strong enough to pull a heli down in flight unassisted. You believe he can 2 shot hulk. Youre dense.

You didn't find a single cite that supported you. The posted references... the references you posted verified everything I told you. You saw a high number and you put your blinders up and pretended it was the number you were looking for. I even quoted the pertinent parts of the article for you... multiple times... and you ignored me. Why? Because you don't care about the facts. You have a confirmation bias, and you are actively looking for evidence to support your claim. My thoughts on this matter are - like always - formulated by the facts. I don't find facts to suit my theories, I base my theories around the facts as they are presented. You don't.

Obviously it takes some speed... otherwise the character wouldn't be moving... that's about. It's about timing, and execution, not about speed. Slade has never hit Flash because he is fast enough to hit the Flash, he has hit the Flash because he was able to maneuver the Flash into the line of fire at the current moment. What does that tell us about how fast Slade is? How do you quantify that? It's not a speed feat. Slade jumping through fan blades is a speed feat. Batman switching poisoned cups of tea without the person in front of him noticing is a speed feat (also slight of hand). At the end of the day Slade hitting Flash is - like all similar examples - largely an example of Flash jobbing hard for the sake of the plot.

I don't believe Cap is strong enough to pull down a helicopter... I know he is. What's the matter though? Just a second ago you were saying that is a nothing feat that wasn't impressive? Changed your tune? Cap two shoting the Hulk, however is PIS. It was only brought up because you brought up a similar example on Slade's end. I only reference PIS to counter PIS. You should learn from my example.

namorsubby
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Lol.

Tagging the flash would require that his arm moves fast enough for it to compete with the Flash's perception speed.

Since Flash's perception speed is on par with his physical speed (the same way its the same for you or I), that would mean that Deathstroke has to throw his punch at LEAST as comparably fast as Flash can throw a punch.

But he can't. Because if Deathstroke could throw a lightspeed+ punch, he would also be able to run at lightspeed+ speeds. Afterall, muscle movement is muscle movement. It's not like his arm speed is going to be millions of times faster than his lower body's speed. (imagine, theoretically, how ****ing stupid that would look)

It's PIS. Ignore it. You can't tag someone without having the ability to perform speed feats of comparable magnitude. Afterall, reflexes are comprised of perception speed and muscle movement speed. And Deathstroke performs neither of those things as fast as a Flash. Not even remotely close.

If he could see as fast as the flash, but could not move any faster than a peak human, then his own body would simply feel like its in slow motion. Nay, not in slow motion, rather, completely frozen.

If he could move as fast as the flash but could not see as fast, that would mean he simply could not react to the Flash and could only rely on blindly punching around as fast as he could (his arms would be invisible to himself at such speeds).

If he could see and move his muscles as fast as the Flash...then he'd be as fast as the Flash! Simple shit. Incorrect.

He predicts his movement in order to tag him, he doesn't move faster or as fast. It still takes incredible reflexes. You cant call something so prevalent and consistent in Slades history PIS.

srankmissingnin
Lol.

If he could see and move his muscles as fast as the Flash...then he'd be as fast as the Flash! Simple shit.

All true, but usually Slade "tagging" the Flash amounts to more or less Flash stupidly running into shit like some bumbling oaf. Running into swords. Tripping over bow staffs. Ect. Standard jobber incompetence.

Branlor Swift
Incorrect.

He predicts his movement in order to tag him, he doesn't move faster or as fast. It still takes incredible reflexes. You cant call something so prevalent and consistent in Slades history PIS. Captain America would predict punching his hand through Deathstroke, and it would happen

CosmicComet
All true, but usually Slade "tagging" the Flash amounts to more or less Flash stupidly running into shit like some bumbling oaf. Running into swords. Tripping over bow staffs. Ect. Standard jobber incompetence.

Exactly what I said.

PIS.

Predicting where they go is still useless in reality, especially since you're in slow motion to them, and they can change their trajectory at the last moment just to mess with you.

The fact that they can get away with it, is simply comic PIS.

Basically; lol at the idea of 'baiting' someone who can see and move hundreds+ times faster than you into a direction, when they can simply stand in that spot till the last possible moment just to phuck with you, and then move away faster than you can see.

srankmissingnin
Exactly what I said.

PIS.

Predicting where they go is still useless in reality, especially since you're in slow motion to them, and they can change their trajectory at the last moment just to mess with you.

The fact that they can get away with it, is simply comic PIS.

Lol at the idea of 'baiting' someone who can see and move hundreds+ times faster than you into a direction, when they can simply stand in that spot till the last possible moment just to phuck with you, and then move away faster than you can see.

Flash perceives the world around him at the speed of light. It would be like if I told you I'm going to punch you a year from now, but I'm going to stand in the exact spot I'm in at this instance and throw my punch slow enough that the action wont finish until exactly one year from when it started... and you were free to go about your life as normal for that entire time.

What are the ****ing odds that you'd get punched by me?

CosmicComet
Incorrect.

He predicts his movement in order to tag him, he doesn't move faster or as fast. It still takes incredible reflexes. You cant call something so prevalent and consistent in Slades history PIS.

Lol. You're an idiot. This is basic stuff.

For his reflexes to be good enough to tag the Flash...his reflexes would have to be comparable to the Flash in the first place.

They are not.

If his reflexes were on the same order as the Flash, then he could run comparably to the Flash as well. Again, reflexes are a muscle movement afterall. If he can move his body in a way fast enough to hit someone who is Mach+ in running, then that means he himself can command his body to run at similar speeds.

Silent Master
Srank may be your all knowing go to guy for confirmation about the validity of everything, but I use the internet. Srank can say what he wants, i found multiple sites who all said the same thing about sarcophigi. He cant suppprt his ridiculous notions without finding a bs excuse to not acknowledge ANY thing given that obviously contradicts it.

He posted proof that backed up his side and refuted yours.

CosmicComet
Flash perceives the world around him at the speed of light. It would be like if I told you I'm going to punch you a year from now, but I'm going to stand in the exact spot I'm in at this instance and throw my punch slow enough that the action wont finish until exactly one year from when it started... and you were free to go about your life as normal for that entire time.

What are the ****ing odds that you'd get punched by me?

Beautiful.

namorsubby
You didn't find a single cite that supported you. The posted references... the references you posted verified everything I told you. You saw a high number and you put your blinders up and pretended it was the number you were looking for. I even quoted the pertinent parts of the article for you... multiple times... and you ignored me. Why? Because you don't care about the facts. You have a confirmation bias, and you are actively looking for evidence to support your claim. My thoughts on this matter are - like always - formulated by the facts. I don't find facts to suit my theories, I base my theories around the facts as they are presented. You don't.

Obviously it takes some speed... otherwise the character wouldn't be moving... that's about. It's about timing, and execution, not about speed. Slade has never hit Flash because he is fast enough to hit the Flash, he has hit the Flash because he was able to maneuver the Flash into the line of fire at the current moment. What does that tell us about how fast Slade is? How do you quantify that? It's not a speed feat. Slade jumping through fan blades is a speed feat. Batman switching poisoned cups of tea without the person in front of him noticing is a speed feat (also slight of hand). At the end of the day Slade hitting Flash is - like all similar examples - largely an example of Flash jobbing hard for the sake of the plot.

I don't believe Cap is strong enough to pull down a helicopter... I know he is. What's the matter though? Just a second ago you were saying that is a nothing feat that wasn't impressive? Changed your tune? Cap two shoting the Hulk, however is PIS. It was only brought up because you brought up a similar example on Slade's end. I only reference PIS to counter PIS. You should learn from my example. the numbers I stated came straight from the sites. Whatever bullshit you made up to counter it is irrelevant. It clearly stated what the average weight of a sarcophigus was. Nothing to debate. Bottom line.

Duh it takes speed, because its a speed feat. Theres are plenty of feats that you can't atrach a quantifiable number to. It didn't mean they aren't feats.

Never said it was a nothing feat. I said it simply wasn't what you said it was, and it isn't.

Slades examples weren't PIS. Caps was.

namorsubby
He posted proof that backed up his side and refuted yours. The site I used to support that sarcophigi feat clearly stated the average weight of one. Clearly.

namorsubby
Lol. You're an idiot. This is basic stuff.

For his reflexes to be good enough to tag the Flash...his reflexes would have to be comparable to the Flash in the first place.

They are not.

If his reflexes were on the same order as the Flash, then he could run comparably to the Flash as well. Again, reflexes are a muscle movement afterall. If he can move his body in a way fast enough to hit someone who is Mach+ in running, then that means he himself can command his body to run at similar speeds. You are an idiot for not understanding that you don't have to be on par with someones speed or faster to strike them once, especially when youre PREDICTING THEIR MOVES. Duh, dumbass

srankmissingnin
the numbers I stated came straight from the sites. Whatever bullshit you made up to counter it is irrelevant. It clearly stated what the average weight of a sarcophigus was. Nothing to debate. Bottom line.

Duh it takes speed, because its a speed feat. Theres are plenty of feats that you can't atrach a quantifiable number to. It didn't mean they aren't feats.

Never said it was a nothing feat. I said it simply wasn't what you said it was, and it isn't.

Slades examples weren't PIS. Caps was.

The site listed the weight of the sarcophagus... then it went on to break down the weight of the individual components. The weight you kept citing was for the entire thing, which included the giant stone coffin the sarcophagus was placed in side of. That is not what were discussing. There were three separate elements to the sarcophagus. The stone coffin. Inside that the wooded coffin. Inside that the golden sarcophagus that contains the body. The part of the sarcophagus we were talking about was directly stated to weight 200lbs, in the very article you posted. The weight you cited, and are continuing to cite, is not accurate. You are purposely misleading people to support your bias.

It's not a speed feat. Slade doesn't hit Flash because he is fast enough to hit Flash. He hits Flash because he is able to predict his movements... and Flash is written down to enable it to happen. How can you argue that they are speed feats?

It's exactly what I said it was. Cap shot a grappling hook onto a helicopter and yanked it out of the air with one swift tug. That's a crazy strength feat... no sane person would argue otherwise.

That's convenient! laughing

FYI... you're a joke.

srankmissingnin
This was the site you posted: http://www.touregypt.net/featurestories/tutcoffins.htm

This is what the site says (THESE ARE DIRECT ****ING QUOTES):

"However, the size (and weight, about 1.36 metric tons or 3,000 pounds) of this coffin suggested that it was only the first of several such nested coffins."

"The golden coffin measures about 1.88 meters in length. The metal was beaten from heavy gold sheet, and varies in thickness from .25 to .3 centimeters. In 1929, it was weighed, tipping the scales at 110.4 kilograms."

Here is an image (from the article) referencing what they are talking about sans the lid:

http://www.touregypt.net/images/touregypt/tutshrine4.jpg

That giant carved stone box is what weighs 3,000lbs. The sarcophagus that housed the body weighed 110.4kg. Which is 243.4lbs.

Does anyone else find this ambiguous? Because it seems pretty clear to me. READ THE DAMN ARTICLE SUBBY

CosmicComet
You are an idiot for not understanding that you don't have to be on par with someones speed or faster to strike them once, especially when youre PREDICTING THEIR MOVES. Duh, dumbass

You have to be comparable in speed to someone in order to hit them.
Otherwise they will simply easily evade whatever you throw at them.

This is basic.

If you took the greatest fighter in the world, and made some average bloke a hundred times faster and a hundred times quicker in perception speed against him, the fighter gets destroyed.

He can try to 'predict' where the impossibly fast person is going to go, but unfortunately for him, that person has a hundred times the window to react that a normal person of comparable reflexes would have because he'd see the fighter at a 100 times slower speed. He could take his sweet time to react to where the fighter 'thinks' the fast guy is going to be.

Does this make a bit more sense to you? Slade has to move his body fast enough for it to compete with Flash's perception speed, but since the Flash's perception speed is on par with his own physical speed (and Slade's physical speed to him is laughably slower than a slug would be compared to Usain Bolt), he'd have all the time in the world to react to whatever Slade is trying to do. Slade predicts Flash is going to appear right behind him? Simple. Flash can do that. Stand right behind him for what will seem like an eternity to him, all the while Slade is initiating his attack, and then casually dodge out of the way at the last femtosecond and leave Slade helpless.

I know you are an elementary dude, who simply repeats stupid tropes and misconceptions and can't seem to think past that, but try to learn here.

You can't 'outfight' a miraculous speed advantage.

Silent Master
The site I used to support that sarcophigi feat clearly stated the average weight of one. Clearly.

Please stop lying.

namorsubby
The site listed the weight of the sarcophagus... then it went on to break down the weight of the individual components. The weight you kept citing was for the entire thing, which included the giant stone coffin the sarcophagus was placed in side of. That is not what were discussing. There were three separate elements to the sarcophagus. The stone coffin. Inside that the wooded coffin. Inside that the golden sarcophagus that contains the body. The part of the sarcophagus we were talking about was directly stated to weight 200lbs, in the very article you posted. The weight you cited, and are continuing to cite, is not accurate. You are purposely misleading people to support your bias.

It's not a speed feat. Slade doesn't hit Flash because he is fast enough to hit Flash. He hits Flash because he is able to predict his movements... and Flash is written down to enable it to happen. How can you argue that they are speed feats?

It's exactly what I said it was. Cap shot a grappling hook onto a helicopter and yanked it out of the air with one swift tug. That's a crazy strength feat... no sane person would argue otherwise.

That's convenient! laughing

FYI... you're a joke.

What Slade lifted was a sarcophigus. Why would it be an incomplete?

Hes able to predict his movement AND hes fast enough to execute his prediction in time. Which is an incredible feat.

When someone does something so many times throughout their history, it is valid, not PIS. The wonder woman feats and the flash feats fit this criteria.

sCOURGE_0
I really wish this Slade and Flash instances wouldn't be blown out of proportion. Slade knows both Wally and Bart well enough to know their attack patterns, combined with the fact that Bart had just recovered from getting his knee cap blown out and the fact that Slade was possed by Jericho

Slade blitzing Dinah should put his speed above Cap since Dinah was able to match Cap's best speed feat though. Still going with Cap in the strength department as far as lifting goes

CosmicComet
I really wish this Slade and Flash instances wouldn't be blown out of proportion. Slade knows both Wally and Bart well enough to know their attack patterns, combined with the fact that Bart had just recovered from getting his knee cap blown out and the fact that Slade was possed by Jericho

Slade blitzing Dinah should put his speed above Cap since Dinah was able to match Cap's best speed feat though. Still going with Cap in the strength department as far as lifting goes

Knowing someone's attack patterns is absolutely irrelevant if you're a statue to them.

For Slade to not be a statue to a Flash character, he'd have to be moving fast enough in comparison to their perception speed. Which would mean he'd actually be moving about as fast as them.

He's not. Slade does move his body at even mid double digit Mach speeds. Let alone far above that.

Basically? It's simple comic PIS. Again, you cannot 'outfight' someone who can move and think hundreds of times faster than you. Let alone thousands of times. Or millions of times. Or, beyond.

-Pr-
As much as it might be PIS, to be fair, Wally wasn't always "on" in terms of speed. His perceptions could shift up and down at will.

namorsubby
Please stop lying. So the site doesn't then? You're apparently just antagonistic for the hell of it.

You have to be comparable in speed to someone in order to hit them.
Otherwise they will simply easily evade whatever you throw at them.

This is basic.

If you took the greatest fighter in the world, and made some average bloke a hundred times faster and a hundred times quicker in perception speed against him, the fighter gets destroyed.

He can try to 'predict' where the impossibly fast person is going to go, but unfortunately for him, that person has a hundred times the window to react that a normal person of comparable reflexes would have because he'd see the fighter at a 100 times slower speed. He could take his sweet time to react to where the fighter 'thinks' the fast guy is going to be.

Does this make a bit more sense to you? Slade has to move his body fast enough for it to compete with Flash's perception speed, but since the Flash's perception speed is on par with his own physical speed (and Slade's physical speed to him is laughably slower than a slug would be compared to Usain Bolt), he'd have all the time in the world to react to whatever Slade is trying to do. Slade predicts Flash is going to appear right behind him? Simple. Flash can do that. Stand right behind him for what will seem like an eternity to him, all the while Slade is initiating his attack, and then casually dodge out of the way at the last femtosecond and leave Slade helpless.

I know you are an elementary dude, who simply repeats stupid tropes and misconceptions and can't seem to think past that, but try to learn here.

You can't 'outfight' a miraculous speed advantage.
He predicts his movement and is fast enough to tag him. Not because his speed is anywhere near his, but because its fast enough with the advantage of knowing where hell end up. Cry about it, Unjustly call it PIS. its comics.....and its what slade has definitively proven he can time and again in comics.

CosmicComet
As much as it might be PIS, to be fair, Wally wasn't always "on" in terms of speed. His perceptions could shift up and down at will.

That's fair, and you know what? That makes the feat even more irrelevant.

As Slade is only hitting someone who might have stupidly slowed his reactions down to MATCH Slade's.

Lol.

srankmissingnin
What Slade lifted was a sarcophigus. Why would it be an incomplete?

Hes able to predict his movement AND hes fast enough to execute his prediction in time. Which is an incredible feat.

When someone does something so many times throughout their history, it is valid, not PIS. The wonder woman feats and the flash feats fit this criteria.

The sarcophagus gets placed inside a stone "coffin" to keep it safe and protect from the looters. The figure you keep citing is not the weight of the sarcophagus. It's the weight of the sarcophagus and the the massive stone coffin that the sarcophagus is placed inside of. It's pretty simple... I don't know why we need to keep having this discussion.

Slade's been rage stomped by Nightwing more times than he has injured a Wonder Woman level opponent. Many more times. Captain America has also laid out bricks like Hulk, Rhino with a far greater frequency then Slade ever has.

There is a section in the rules of his very forum specifically made to address this topic... it mentions Flash by name... because he has a habit of jobbing himself out to characters how could never hope to hit him if he was written to his potential. It's PIS. It's right in the rules.

-Pr-
That's fair, and you know what? That makes the feat even more irrelevant.

As Slade is only hitting someone who might have stupidly slowed his reactions down to MATCH Slade's.

Lol.

This is the same fight in which Kyle tried to punch him, so I'm not going to claim that there wasn't stupid writing involved.

Silent Master
So the site doesn't then? You're apparently just antagonistic for the hell of it.

srank has already explained your mistake at least 5 times and posted the relevant proof.

Please stop lying.

CosmicComet

He predicts his movement and is fast enough to tag him. Not because his speed is anywhere near his, but because its fast enough with the advantage of knowing where hell end up. Cry about it, Unjustly call it PIS. its comics.....and its what slade has definitively proven he can time and again in comics.

As expected, you would have no rebuttal and would take to repeating yourself.

Since its comics, and PIS exists and comics, and you've basically non-commitally agreed to it not being a believable occurrence, then we can throw it out as a meaningful speed feat in a forum fight, why? Because we can ignore PIS.

Slade is no faster in reflexes than Cap, by his own quantifiable speeds.

Tagging a varying perception speed Wally is what? Non-quantifiable.

sCOURGE_0
Depends on what you would consider "vastly", based on feats...Cap has a very noticable edge in strength.

Maybe in raw lifting feats, I've seen Bruce break Killer Crocs jaw which would be 5000 lbs PSI, He threw a man through a steel door. Literally threw Dr Death through a steel door so hard that it ripped through

If anything Bruce could probably match Cap in striking power, the best striking feat I've seen from Cap is when he punched Wolverine hard enough to send him flying through a taxi

However Cap said he put everything he had in that punch. When Batman fought Bane in Batman :Bane he kicked Bane so hard that Bane flew threw a steel door. ripping it off the hingest

Then there is the infamous tree kick in Year One, and of course in Year One he punched someone so hard that he flew through a brick wall.

Cap is def stronger, by how much isn't very relevant unless it was a weight lifting contest, in terms of striking power it's closer

celeyhyga17
Muahahaha! Here's some fuel to the fire.
http://lounge.moviecodec.com/images/attachment/wolverine-vs-dare-devil-vs-deathstroke-no-prep-15736.jpg

Silent Master
Not really, that Wolverine feat you mentioned isn't even close to Cap's best striking feat.

sCOURGE_0
His fights in Titans East and in Identity Crisis put his reflexes above Cap's by a good margin. Unless Cap has ever blitzed someone who can outpace a bullet. Or unless Cap has fought two entire teams simultaneously without getting touched once.

sCOURGE_0
Not really, that Wolverine feat you mentioned isn't even close to Cap's best striking feat. Show Cap's best striking feat without his shield, because I've seen this argument before and most people bring up Cap fighting a Kree which isn't even that impressive, or Cap's fight with Ramrod.

And considering Cap stated that he put everything he had in that punch then there isn't any reason to believe otherwise. Cap's max striking power according to his own statement sent Wolverine flying through a taxi, Bats striking power sent Bane through a steel door, the only difference is he never stated that he put everything he had into that attack

Silent Master
For high end feats, He's punched out members of the Wrecking Crew, Rhino and even the Hulk.

namorsubby
As expected, you would have no rebuttal and would take to repeating yourself.

Since its comics, and PIS exists and comics, and you've basically non-commitally agreed to it not being a believable occurrence, then we can throw it out as a meaningful speed feat in a forum fight, why? Because we can ignore PIS.

Slade is no faster in reflexes than Cap, by his own quantifiable speeds.

Tagging a varying perception speed Wally is what? Non-quantifiable. Didnt say it wasnt believable. This is comics so anything is as long as its consistent, bottom line.

95% of feats are not quantifiable with exact numbers. His speed feats are simply far more impressive.

His fights in Titans East and in Identity Crisis put his reflexes above Cap's by a good margin. Unless Cap has ever blitzed someone who can outpace a bullet. Or unless Cap has fought two entire teams simultaneously without getting touched once.
He hasn't.lol

srankmissingnin

When did the Titans incompetence and terrible team work translate into a speed feat for Slade? Those idiots were falling over one another and running into each other's attacks when they tried to take Slade down. And the only reason he didn't get touched is because Nightwing stepped in and stopped Cass...

When did Slade ever blitz someone who "outpaced a bullet"?

srankmissingnin
Didnt say it wasnt believable. This is comics so anything is as long as its consistent, bottom line.

95% of feats are not quantifiable with exact numbers. His speed feats are simply far more impressive.

He hasn't.lol

Except his speed feats are not more impressive... and the examples you are talking about right now barely quantify as speed feats, if they do at all. facepalm

Silent Master
When did the Titans incompetence and terrible team work translate into a speed feat for Slade? Those idiots were falling over one another and running into each other's attacks when they tried to take Slade down. And the only reason he didn't get touched is because Nightwing stepped in and stopped Cass...

When did Slade ever blitz someone who "outpaced a bullet"?

He's claiming Black Canary is a bullet timer and that Slade blitzed her, however the issue he's talking about is the one where Kyle forgot that he was a GL and tried to punch Slade and Flash managed to run into Slade's sword.

IOW, massive jobbing was involved.

sCOURGE_0
For high end feats, He's punched out members of the Wrecking Crew, Rhino and even the Hulk. High end feats huh? 2 can play at that game

So using high end feats Cap hits harder than Bruce does

Using high end feats Bruce is much faster than Cap is since he dodged a lighting bolt in Power Girl 27

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/10/100395/1983533-batman_outruns_lightning_bolt.png

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lvn9qcSvnV1qii6tmo1_400.gif

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>