Dominion vs Republic/Separtists

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Truculent
It is a few days after the beginning of the Clone Wars and 1,200 Dominion warships invade and have captured Naboo. Both the Separtists and The Republic decided to call a cease fire to face the Dominion. Who wins?

Darth Martin
While the Dominion may have better technology the Star Wars group are much more sophisticated for war.

Not only do they have countless vehicles, walkers, personal starfighters, larger ships, better fighters on average, etc but they have an unlimited supply of battle droids.

Regular named Starfleet officers were taking down a fair share of Jem'Hadar in H2H combat.

Star Wars has ARC's, General Grievous, Durge, etc. If you add the Jedi Order and the likes of Dooku and Ventress it would appear to be even more of a stomp.

Star Wars has just gone FAR more in detail when it comes to the war aspect of things, that even factoring in the comfortable advantage Star Trek holds over Star Wars it still seems like a mismatch to me.

willprot
Yea, that's my same basic thinking in the Borg Vs Empire thread, the Star Wars franchise is about just that, war, Star Trek is about a trek across the Universe and how they deal with encountered problems, basically meaning Star Wars just is shown to have superior firepower. Even when comparing the humanoids Jem'hadar are strong but they're not stated or shown to be Wookie "rip your arms off" strong. Then you have humans that can basically do "magic" if their midichlorian count is right. It would be a hard one for the Dominion, who were basically the Jem'Hadar as their fighting force that were not strategic or too smart and needed a drug not to die.

As "easy" as the Gamma Quadrant Assembled forces disrupts their Ketracel White supplies it would be far easier for the Rebels to do, perhaps even without the Separatists, Anakin by himself may be able to smash supplies from afar or pull a dozen or so tubes from their necks per day and watch them either fight to figure out how to reinstate them or wither away and die.

That said as above the War Tech for Star Wars was just better, without going into X-Wings and Tie Fighters, the speed and maneuverability of even the Millennium Falcon was far beyond any Star Trek spaceships only the Defiant seemed to come close.

Darth Martin
If the Jedi and Sith are allowed this is a stomp. Don't get confused when it comes to your "firepower" statement though. Star Trek DOES have far better tech. It's just when it comes to WAR, the Republic/Separtists is all they bothered to expand on with the movies.

But in general Star Wars would immediately beg for the likes of transporters, replicators, phasers, communicators, tricorders, holodecks, and their medical technology, etc.

Based
Dominion gets destroyed.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Darth Martin
But in general Star Wars would immediately beg for the likes of transporters, replicators, phasers, communicators, tricorders, holodecks, and their medical technology, etc. I'm often baffled how, in a technological wonderland such as Star Wars, the EU still creates worlds where entire peoples live under absolute dictatorships, dwell in mud huts, and have computers with 1970s switchboards. I'll take replicators and holodecks over lightsabers any day.

Robtard
LoL, you people with your nonsense.

The Jem'Hadar are warriors, they fight and subjugate or destroy worlds or forces for the Dominion; that's all they do. They're genetically bred and they make Clones look like little girly-men.

-Pr-
The Jem'Hadar in h2h combat would wreck clones or droids, and their personal shrouds make them almost completely undetectable.

This is a species that is so good at making war that they were able to invade and subjugate an entire planet of telepaths.

The clones might have more heavy support, but man to man I'd have to side with the Dominion.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by Robtard
The Jem'Hadar are warriors, they fight and subjugate or destroy worlds or forces for the Dominion; that's all they do. They're genetically bred and they make Clones look like little girly-men. The Clones are the exact same thing except they have better training, more diverse weaponry, tactics, and skill. You have your standard Clones seen in AOTC, then you have your ARC Troopers seen in the original Clone Wars cartoon that would annihilate Jem'Hadar.

Originally posted by -Pr-
The Jem'Hadar in h2h combat would wreck clones or droids, and their personal shrouds make them almost completely undetectable.

This is a species that is so good at making war that they were able to invade and subjugate an entire planet of telepaths.

The clones might have more heavy support, but man to man I'd have to side with the Dominion.

Too bad this isn't H2H combat. The droids produced by the CIS had physical advantages over them but Clones were obviously superior as you basically needed bigger numbers to defeat them in battle. Stop talking up the Jem'Hadar. Regular named Starfleet officers were handing them there asses on the regular.

Clones have impressive feats as well. They've fought enemies far tougher than Jem'Hadar. They raided the Jedi Temple, have fought the likes of Grievous, and Durge who would wreck Jem'Hadar.

The Jem'Hadar are effective but they aren't unbeatable. Starfleet just wasn't about that life when it came to war. It was uncharted territory that few were prepared for. Clones, on the other hand, would just consider this another day at the office.

-Pr-
The Clones are the exact same thing except they have better training, more diverse weaponry, tactics, and skill. You have your standard Clones seen in AOTC, then you have your ARC Troopers seen in the original Clone Wars cartoon that would annihilate Jem'Hadar.

Too bad this isn't H2H combat. The droids produced by the CIS had physical advantages over them but Clones were obviously superior as you basically needed bigger numbers to defeat them in battle. Stop talking up the Jem'Hadar. Regular named Starfleet officers were handing them there asses on the regular.

Clones have impressive feats as well. They've fought enemies far tougher than Jem'Hadar. They raided the Jedi Temple, have fought the likes of Grievous, and Durge who would wreck Jem'Hadar.

The Jem'Hadar are effective but they aren't unbeatable. Starfleet just wasn't about that life when it came to war. It was uncharted territory that few were prepared for. Clones, on the other hand, would just consider this another day at the office.

Their shrouds would make it h2h, though. Unless the republic are just nuking any planet they happen to be on.

The Starfleet officers we saw fighting them had plot armour. Outside of the main cast, jem'hadar were kicking the shit out of the Federation in almost every major engagement.

Robtard
The Clones are the exact same thing except they have better training, more diverse weaponry, tactics, and skill. You have your standard Clones seen in AOTC, then you have your ARC Troopers seen in the original Clone Wars cartoon that would annihilate Jem'Hadar.

Better Training: I honestly don't recall seeing Jem'Hader miss nearly as much as Clones do.

Weaponry: I'd have to think about it, rusty in DS9. Their suit's ability to ignore force fields is an advantage in a battle field though.

Tactics: Arguable.

Skill: Arguable.

These guys are far tougher than a normal human, several times stronger, superior senses, never need to sleep, never need to eat or drink besides their 'drug' and as PR noted, have personal cloaking fields, effectively making them invisible. They do nothing but wage war. Their ships don't have seats, as it's seen as being lazy and weak, These fools are way more committed to their cause, which is another factor.

-Pr-
They're also vat grown and good to go in a matter of days. IIRC, that's even faster than Clones.

Darth Martin
They're also vat grown and good to go in a matter of days. IIRC, that's even faster than Clones. It matters not. They are an ample amount of Clones as well as a near unlimited supply of battle droids.

Better Training: I honestly don't recall seeing Jem'Hader miss nearly as much as Clones do. These aren't the OT Stormtroopers Rob.

Weaponry: I'd have to think about it, rusty in DS9. Their suit's ability to ignore force fields is an advantage in a battle field though. It's nice but the Republic/CIS don't really use force fields from what I've seen.

Tactics: Arguable.

Skill: Arguable. DaJ06YqytYM

These guys are far tougher than a normal human, several times stronger, superior senses, never need to sleep, never need to eat or drink besides their 'drug' and as PR noted, have personal cloaking fields, effectively making them invisible. They do nothing but wage war. Their ships don't have seats, as it's seen as being lazy and weak, These fools are way more committed to their cause, which is another factor. I wouldn't say they're more committed to their cause. They have shown to completely disregard orders to their liking. Clones have NEVER shown that. Even when Order 66 was initiated by Palpatine they carried it out without a single whim of gripe or complaint. They have their personal cloaking device, sure, but the Clones have the enhanced sensors in their helmets. They just have faced FAR tougher enemies in Durge, General Grievous, Ventress, etc.

If the CIS is in this then that would mean Durge, Grievous, Magna-Guards, Droidekas, etc. are here as well as all of the heavy-infantry vehicles, walkers, etc.

As already noted the drug will play as their downfall. Stop the production of the drug and they'll be ****ed.

-Pr-
And there are thousands, if not millions of Jem'Hadar.

I have to disagree about loyalty though; the clones have shown some very, very insubordinate behaviour at times, at least as much if not more then Jem'Hadar.

Or are we not using the animated shows too?

Robtard
Pretty sure the Gennedy show isn't canon.

Stands to reason the Jem'Hader fleet would have brought enough ketrasel white with them for a long drawn-out battle, as the OP stipulates this is an invasion type setting with a given number of ships. Also, SW people would have no idea about the drug in the first place.

Darth Martin
I have to disagree about loyalty though; the clones have shown some very, very insubordinate behaviour at times, at least as much if not more then Jem'Hadar. What are you referring to? As far as numbers go, I'd say it's arguable there are more clones than Jem'Hadar. Not that it matters as they're an unlimited supply of battle droids of various sorts.

Pretty sure the Gennedy show isn't canon. Lucas was actively involved with the project as he was an executive producer. Who do you think they consulted to bridge the gap for everything leading into Episode 3?

SW people would have no idea about the drug in the first place. That's what intelligence is for. The Clones would soon catch on to why they aren't seen consuming substance.

-Pr-
What are you referring to? As far as numbers go, I'd say it's arguable there are more clones than Jem'Hadar. Not that it matters as they're an unlimited supply of battle droids of various sorts.

Lucas was actively involved with the project as he was an executive producer. Who do you think they consulted to bridge the gap for everything leading into Episode 3?

That's what intelligence is for. The Clones would soon catch on to why they aren't seen consuming substance.

Like that clone that ran off and raised a family. Or the clones that deserted because they didn't want to fight anymore. I'm not saying it's a majority or anything, but I honestly can't see how they're more loyal than the Jem'hadar.

How would the clones know about the jem'hadar diet at all?

Robtard
Lucas was actively involved with the project as he was an executive producer. Who do you think they consulted to bridge the gap for everything leading into Episode 3?

That's what intelligence is for. The Clones would soon catch on to why they aren't seen consuming substance.

Still pretty sure it's not canon.

That's a guess. I don't recall the Clones having an intelligence division(do they?). Jem'Hader are unknown aliens, so an odd diet wouldn't necessarily be out of the ordinary, if the SW people where to somehow sneak about and gather intelligence on the eating habits of the Gem'hader. Overall, the "they destroy all the ketrasel" is a reach.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.