Genocide vs. Grundy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

byrdgang21
Who wins?

ThereIsHope
Genocide, doesnt Grundy have problems with Batman? Genocide really put WW for a little while.

sCOURGE_0
Originally posted by ThereIsHope
Genocide, doesnt Grundy have problems with Batman? Genocide really put WW for a little while. Grundy's power goes up and down like a Yo Yo, sometimes he gets trashed by Wildcat, Batman and Green Arrow, other times Superman has trouble with him

The last time I saw Grundy was in the previous JLA volume when Red Tornado ripped him in half. I don't know much about Genocide but I hear she's stronger than Diana is, if that's the case she'd probably cream that version of Grundy

ThereIsHope
Genocide really trashed WW. WW had to regroup.

Omega Vision
Genocide.

TheGodKiller
Genocide wins.

byrdgang21
Would Genocide win still win against a high end Grundy that's capable of going up against the JSA?

ThereIsHope
I really am not familiar with Grundy's showings. Ive only seen him in Batman, and Seven Soldiers. Since he dies and is ressurected he probably has flucations in powers. KMC forums says he has to be at his peak. Thus he probably can give Superman problems, Grundy would win at his peak.

SevenShackles
Grundy at his best takes it. Grundy being Grundy looses.

KingD19
Does Grundy have a soul? Because Genocide's Lasso Soul Snare would be a big problem if he did.

pym-ftw
Solomon

Q99
Originally posted by sCOURGE_0
The last time I saw Grundy was in the previous JLA volume when Red Tornado ripped him in half. I don't know much about Genocide but I hear she's stronger than Diana is, if that's the case she'd probably cream that version of Grundy

Genocide one-shotted Red Tornado, punching through his face.

Also, with lasso, she soul-attacked John Stewart and took him out too.

Then physically wrecked Firestorm.

A team of Green Lantern (John), Firestorm, Red Tornado, Black Canary, and Vixen was simply rolled over by Genocide without any challenge whatsoever.

First fight, WW was badly beaten and had her lasso stolen.

Second fight (which happened immediately after the prior one), Wonder Woman showed up in full armor and with an axe, with Donna and Wondergirl both also in full armor, plus 8 Gorilla Knights (who were enhanced by Grodd to take down foes like Superman or Wonder Woman when working as a group, and who Diana felt too strong to safely wrestle when she fought them. Also in armor, and using energy melee weapons).

That ended with Donna's mind twisted against Diana by Geno's lasso, and one of the Knights dead.

Grundy at his strongest is a team fighter, but Genocide was designed to be one herself (or rather, a 'pantheon killer'), and even in that case I give it to Geno in a fight.

And Grundy has a soul- the soul of Cyrus Gold.

abhilegend
Grundy at best would beat the shit out of genocide.Originally posted by Q99
Genocide one-shotted Red Tornado, punching through his face.

Also, with lasso, she soul-attacked John Stewart and took him out too.

Then physically wrecked Firestorm.

A team of Green Lantern (John), Firestorm, Red Tornado, Black Canary, and Vixen was simply rolled over by Genocide without any challenge whatsoever.

First fight, WW was badly beaten and had her lasso stolen.

Second fight (which happened immediately after the prior one), Wonder Woman showed up in full armor and with an axe, with Donna and Wondergirl both also in full armor, plus 8 Gorilla Knights (who were enhanced by Grodd to take down foes like Superman or Wonder Woman when working as a group, and who Diana felt too strong to safely wrestle when she fought them. Also in armor, and using energy melee weapons).

That ended with Donna's mind twisted against Diana by Geno's lasso, and one of the Knights dead.

Grundy at his strongest is a team fighter, but Genocide was designed to be one herself (or rather, a 'pantheon killer'), and even in that case I give it to Geno in a fight.

And Grundy has a soul- the soul of Cyrus Gold.
Basically, Genocide took out a group of B-listers by surprise and fled after they actually re-grouped by firing a psychic storm. The first time Genocide beat diana, her psychic powers made diana pull her punches. The second time diana beat her straight up after she figured out Genocide's psychic powers. An average grundy beats the shit out of a far better team, casually oneshotting power girl with a flick of his wrist and shit

http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/14955318_grundyvsjsa.jpg

A better version of grundy was battling Amazo and decapitated him, another owned bizzaro(Who has owned wonder woman like no one has done) and he is usually portrayed as a bigger threat than Genocide. If we use any moderately powerful grundy, he would beat genocide.

sCOURGE_0
When did Bizarro ever own Wonder Woman? The only time I've seen that happen is Trinity which isn't canon.

abhilegend
Originally posted by sCOURGE_0
When did Bizarro ever own Wonder Woman? The only time I've seen that happen is Trinity which isn't canon.
Trinity is perfectly canon. Where did this myth come from that its non-canon? It tells the first meeting between Superman/Batman and wonder woman.

Q99
Probably because it reads like an elseworld and gets some major stuff wrong, like how the lasso works (it does *not* break just because someone is crazy and messed up!).

The psychic powers make other people fight enraged- dumber, not weaker.

The third time, the time she won, she won because she fought smart, but Genocide was still physically stronger than her.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Q99
Probably because it reads like an elseworld and gets some major stuff wrong, like how the lasso works (it does *not* break just because someone is crazy and messed up!).

The psychic powers make other people fight enraged- dumber, not weaker.

The third time, the time she won, she won because she fought smart, but Genocide was still physically stronger than her.
That's not the way canon or non-canon stuff works. Its totally canon, get over it.

She was said to be holding back explicitly when she fought genocide two times. She was probably a little stronger than diana, not that would help her much against an average grundy.

carver9
Has anything on panel been stated that Grundy powers fluctuates?

celeyhyga17
Grundy

KingD19
Originally posted by carver9
Has anything on panel been stated that Grundy powers fluctuates?

Not to my knowledge, but it probably has been.

Even if it hasn't been stated, it's common knowledge considering there are times when Batman can beat him in a brawl, and other times when he treats Superman like his b*tch.

carver9
Originally posted by KingD19

Even if it hasn't been stated, it's common knowledge considering there are times when Batman can beat him in a brawl, and other times when he treats Superman like his b*tch.

That would be considered low showings and high showings. If nothing have been stated that his power fluctuates then we just can't assume that it does.

abhilegend
Originally posted by KingD19

Post crisis, superman has always beaten him.

abhilegend
That would be considered low showings and high showings. If nothing have been stated that his power fluctuates then we just can't assume that it does.
Its on panel stated that everytime grundy dies, he gets back to life with different personalities and different power level. Nice try though.

KingD19
Lol. Being beaten in a fist fight by Batman is a low showing and not at all indicative of Grundy being much weaker than say the version that was brilliant and walked all over the Justice League.

-Pr-

It's common knowledge that his power fluctuates. End of.

Lord Feron
Isn't current grundy pretty powerful with some kind of plentary "plant" powers? Or some kind of magic...

aztec
Originally posted by abhilegend
Grundy at best would beat the shit out of genocide.
Basically, Genocide took out a group of B-listers by surprise and fled after they actually re-grouped by firing a psychic storm. The first time Genocide beat diana, her psychic powers made diana pull her punches. The second time diana beat her straight up after she figured out Genocide's psychic powers. An average grundy beats the shit out of a far better team, casually oneshotting power girl with a flick of his wrist and shit

http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/14955318_grundyvsjsa.jpg

A better version of grundy was battling Amazo and decapitated him, another owned bizzaro(Who has owned wonder woman like no one has done) and he is usually portrayed as a bigger threat than Genocide. If we use any moderately powerful grundy, he would beat genocide.

Lawls at the pictures you posted. The only A-listers I see are Karen and Alan, other than that the rest are useless. Both John and Jason are considered power houses by many. They each had numberous wins against High Heralds. So, with that said, I don't understand your reasoning as to why Genocide was battling a "crappy team". wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.