Aquaman runs the Gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

h1a8
Fight is in a closed indestructible football stadium and characters start 10 yards away from each other.

Aquaman is fully restored after each fight.

1. Rhino
2. Thing
3. Colossus (classic)
4. Namor (fresh out of water but drying out by the second)
5. Thing and She Hulk
6. Thing, She Hulk, Colossus, (Aquaman gets his trident)
7. Cyclops and Rhino (Aquaman gets his trident)

How far does DcNU Aquaman get and how far does pre Flashpoint Aquaman get?
If matchups are out of order then which numbers can he clear?

Glorificus
Stops at 4.

Estacado
Where is the local AM expert?mmm

Parmaniac
I'm here he stops at 1

Estacado
I was refering to Stilt but you seem just as formidable...313

leonidas
i think classic peter would be a challenge to nu AM imo--especially without the trident. i don't think he's taking namor without the weapon for sure. pre nu AM could beat both if his tp is allowed. weapon + tp he would have a chance against ben and jen and against scott and rhino pre dcnu.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Estacado
I was refering to Stilt but you seem just as formidable...313

Yep, I can vouch for Parm. Arthur stops at Rhino, like he said.

http://i47.tinypic.com/15ey5mr.png

Estacado
sSwG6MfiSqw

StiltmanFTW
laughing

pym-ftw
Stops at Namor

CortSether
Stops at 1.

tkitna
Ben beats him at 2.

ColossusGrundy
He loses to Ben.

He's tough enough to fight with Ben, but Ben'll whip his butt.

-Pr-
He gets to 4.

Also, stay on topic, please.

zopzop
Is he allowed to use all his abilities? If so, he can clear it.

-Pr-
The order is a bit screwy, tbh.

zopzop
Originally posted by -Pr-
The order don't matter as long as he's allowed to use all of his powers. That Trident alone would kill any of the combatants he's up against if he pierced them at a vital spot/organ.

ColossusGrundy
Originally posted by -Pr-

Underwater with all his abilities would change things, but I don't think that's how it's intended.

In a regular arena, he won't do so well.

-Pr-
He'll get at least half way out of water.

nwg202
What is stopping pre fp AM from mindraping everyone here?

Mshinu
Stops at 1. Rhinos > Fish

If Rhino should KO himself then poor AM gets stomped by the HeartForce.

-Pr-
Preboot could clear due to telepathy.

Post... Still 4 or 5 until we see more telepathy.

comicfan11
1. Rhino
2. Thing
3. Colossus (classic)
4. Namor (fresh out of water but drying out by the second)
5. Thing and She Hulk
6. Thing, She Hulk, Colossus, (Aquaman gets his trident)
7. Cyclops and Rhino (Aquaman gets his trident)

Pre boot could clear with telepathy.
Physically I'd say he goes to 4 and I say split given the arena (he did KO Olympian aka "Greek Superman" and fought the entire Deep SIx"wink

Post Flashpoint I'd say he beats 4 and prolly looses at 5.

h1a8
Now with 4 the stipulation is Namor is DRYING OUT BY THE SECOND.

That means if Aquaman can last a few minutes then Namor would be significantly weakened which gives him a better chance as the fight goes on.

Why do some believe Rhino can beat Aquaman? Aquaman is most likely stronger, definitely faster, and far more skilled. Spider-man can beat Rhino and Parker is much weaker in strength.

StiltmanFTW
But he (Parker) has greater speed, agility, smarts and powers/gadgets that Aquaman doesn't have.

h1a8
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
But he (Parker) has greater speed, agility, smarts and powers/gadgets that Aquaman doesn't have.

Yet Parker can hurt him.

Aquaman being much stronger can hurt him too.
But Aquaman is much more agile and quicker than Rhino (not on the level of Spidey) but significantly more.

You fail to realize the skill argument. AM is more skilled than Rhino.

AM is better than Rhino in every way imaginable. Plus Rhino is stupid.

Sixth_Winged
Post wife death Rhino will skewer arthur. Even before that he was the only villain to make Peter beg for life.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by h1a8
Yet Parker can hurt him.

Aquaman being much stronger can hurt him too.
But Aquaman is much more agile and quicker than Rhino (not on the level of Spidey) but significantly more.

You fail to realize the skill argument. AM is more skilled than Rhino.

AM is better than Rhino in every way imaginable. Plus Rhino is stupid.

Parker also can hurt Namor, Worthy Thing, Firelord and many others...

Of course he can, not denying that. Quicker than Rhino? Depends, Rhino's running speed is superior and his reflexes are enhanced, too.

I don't think AM has any skill feats to speak of...

Rhino can be very well stronger. He's certainly more durable.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
Post wife death Rhino will skewer arthur. Even before that he was the only villain to make Peter beg for life.

thumb up

h1a8
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Parker also can hurt Namor, Worthy Thing, Firelord and many others...

Of course he can, not denying that. Quicker than Rhino? Depends, Rhino's running speed is superior and his reflexes are enhanced, too.

I don't think AM has any skill feats to speak of...

Rhino can be very well stronger. He's certainly more durable.

I disagree. Rhino is very low class 100. Hell I don't think he's class 100 at all.

Aquaman is stronger.

Aquaman can swim faster than Rhino can run and has shown super speed on land more than once. Aquaman has shown fighting skill multiple times (not on the level of Batman but he is a warrior).

I disagree that Rhino is more durable. Doesn't matter as Aquaman would rock him significantly with each blow.

Just so you know where my mind is, I view Aquaman vs. Rhino as spite tbh.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by h1a8
I disagree. Rhino is very low class 100. Hell I don't think he's class 100 at all.

Aquaman is stronger.

Aquaman can swim faster than Rhino can run and has shown super speed on land more than once. Aquaman has shown fighting skill multiple times (not on the level of Batman but he is a warrior).

I disagree that Rhino is more durable. Doesn't matter as Aquaman would rock him significantly with each blow.

Just so you know where my mind is, I view Aquaman vs. Rhino as spite tbh.

Okay. Feel free to disagree, but imo their strength difference is debatable, it all depends on how characters are written at the specific time, as always...

Swimming speed doesn't matter in this thread. Pre-dcnu AM yeah, not sure about post-Flashpoint.

He is more durable. He's completely bulletproof - unlike Aquaman whose skin muscle density was recently described as only ten times that of normal human. Here's the scan, courtesy of our beloved guy:

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/14124434/Aquaman-Zone-008.jpg.html

CortSether
That joke Family Guy did about Aquaman was hilarious.

comicfan11
To be fair that's only speculation on Manta's side.
It completely contradicts Aquaman's feats.
Lifting an Ocean Liner which weighs in excess of 100,000 tons requires much more strength than 10 times that of a normal human.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by CortSether

You mean this one? big grin

V0kvdi3GGA0

Estacado
Originally posted by CortSether
You mean Semen? I mean Sea Man...I mean Aquaman....biscuits

-Pr-
Ha ha...

Honesly though, back on topic.

Stilt, you and I both know that with the feats he's had post reboot, he's far more durable than ten men.

Guys, stay on topic.

nwg202
He can take a punch from WM but he bleeds when hit w/ gun fire. Is he similar to Diana where she can take a blow to the face from supes but has relatively poor durability vs sharp objects?

-Pr-
Originally posted by nwg202
He can take a punch from WM but he bleeds when hit w/ gun fire. Is he similar to Diana where she can take a blow to the face from supes but has relatively poor durability vs sharp objects?

Something like that, yeah, though it should be noted that even though he bleeds, the bullets don't cause any lasting damage. Heck, they barely even slow him down.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.