Nova Prime & Sentry vs. Blue Marvel & Hyperion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

byrdgang21
Who wins?

yaadaveyaa
sentry>hyperion>blue marvel>nova gg

carver9
Sentry isnt more powerful than Hyperion. Sorry bro.

yaadaveyaa
i am reading comics on hype to educate myself other then 1 feat he has which i havent read that comic yet where he holds two planets together i see no evidence that hype is stronger then bob can u give me some more examples ?

SevenShackles
Originally posted by yaadaveyaa
i am reading comics on hype to educate myself other then 1 feat he has which i havent read that comic yet where he holds two planets together i see no evidence that hype is stronger then bob can u give me some more examples ?

How far back are you going? Some comics just downplay him for sake of plot and giving spotlight to other weaker characters.

You want to read up on just feats (im sure he has a feat thread for you to read if so) or do you actually want to be told what comics he has been in?

yaadaveyaa
i have a list and im reading comics online to see how strong he is people just keep referencing him holding 2 planets apart and withstanding a gigantic blast a huge durability and str feat if u can tell me which comic that is in id appreciate it but the strongest version i can tell is king hyperion and i dont think he'd beat sentry

bbrem123
Originally posted by carver9
Sentry isnt more powerful than Hyperion. Sorry bro. ? how isnt he?

celeyhyga17
Team 1.

carver9
Team 2 stomps.

yaadaveyaa
again supply a reason for that answer carv

SevenShackles
i have a list and im reading comics online to see how strong he is people just keep referencing him holding 2 planets apart and withstanding a gigantic blast a huge durability and str feat if u can tell me which comic that is in id appreciate it but the strongest version i can tell is king hyperion and i dont think he'd beat sentry

People are talking about it because it's his latest (greatest in a plot driven way) feat. It happened in the new avenger title (issue 004 I think) he has appeared in. Funny thing is he actually is another alternate Hyperion so it's really in question how older feats apply to him more so given his first shown feat seems beyond the other variations shown including king Hyperion.

From wikipedia

yaadaveyaa
yea i read that before i started reading the comics i went back to his original date those were a lil harder to find but he has a huge amount of str and huge durability feat but thats it... he would get raped 1 on 1 against sentry add in nova and he gets really fd up

SevenShackles
yea i read that before i started reading the comics i went back to his original date those were a lil harder to find but he has a huge amount of str and huge durability feat but thats it... he would get raped 1 on 1 against sentry add in nova and he gets really fd up

You do realize it's not team vs hyperion correct?
He has blue marvel on his team who as far as I have seen recently could stalemate sentry long enough for Hyperion to take nova out. Not trying to sell short novas abilities but it would sure be a fight. One I think Hyperion would take and then it's blue marvel and Hyperion vs sentry.

What makes you think sentry is such a unstoppable force here? In character I have never seen him do anything but overpower others and doesn't come across as tactical and given the strength of his opponents it's no cake walk.

ThereIsHope
How does Hyperian even hurt the Sentry? What has he done to be such a strong characer? I know that the Blue Marvel HAS hurt the Sentry though.

yaadaveyaa
Originally posted by SevenShackles
You do realize it's not team vs hyperion correct?
He has blue marvel on his team who as far as I have seen recently could stalemate sentry long enough for Hyperion to take nova out. Not trying to sell short novas abilities but it would sure be a fight. One I think Hyperion would take and then it's blue marvel and Hyperion vs sentry.

What makes you think sentry is such a unstoppable force here? In character I have never seen him do anything but overpower others and doesn't come across as tactical and given the strength of his opponents it's no cake walk.

see im thinkin the same way u r... sentry and nova kill off blue marvel and fight hyperion 2 on 1 or whatever have you in a 1 on 1 fight nothing else included sentry is far stronger faster with a lot more ability molecule manipulation telepathy he could wreck hyperion 1 on 1 he is a very durable guy but he has almost no chance of damaging sentry and eventually sentry will damage him we compared str feats in another thread where wwh and sentry stalemated and that isnt sentry going all out and as far as im concerned wwh is much stronger then hyperion his ability to be seconds ahead of time and molecule manipulation puts him light years ahead of hyperion giving sentry a partner i think makes it overkill here but if were giving him the ability to use the void as well (it wasnt stated he cant) then put all 3 of the other guys in this against sentry and that still i think sentry comes out on top thats a whole different ball game if he uses the void thats total mind rapeage hyperion has never faced someone with as strong of telepathy either someone like bob who made the entire world forget who he was is an amazing feat i think hed mind rape him here and for the most part ur right hes not tactical he is a lot like hulk in a way he wants to bash ur face in idk enuff about hyperion to say that hes "tactical" but his durability is his best feat and would get put down by sentry

pym-ftw
see im thinkin the same way u r... sentry and nova kill off blue marvel and fight hyperion 2 on 1 or whatever have you in a 1 on 1 fight nothing else included sentry is far stronger faster with a lot more ability molecule manipulation telepathy he could wreck hyperion 1 on 1 he is a very durable guy but he has almost no chance of damaging sentry and eventually sentry will damage him we compared str feats in another thread where wwh and sentry stalemated and that isnt sentry going all out and as far as im concerned wwh is much stronger then hyperion his ability to be seconds ahead of time and molecule manipulation puts him light years ahead of hyperion giving sentry a partner i think makes it overkill here but if were giving him the ability to use the void as well (it wasnt stated he cant) then put all 3 of the other guys in this against sentry and that still i think sentry comes out on top thats a whole different ball game if he uses the void thats total mind rapeage hyperion has never faced someone with as strong of telepathy either someone like bob who made the entire world forget who he was is an amazing feat i think hed mind rape him here and for the most part ur right hes not tactical he is a lot like hulk in a way he wants to bash ur face in idk enuff about hyperion to say that hes "tactical" but his durability is his best feat and would get put down by sentry
What is hyperion doing when team sentry is double teaming his partner?

Void is banned via forum rules

Not sure why you bring tactics up, Sentry can't follow simple instructions from his teammates...

Hype and marvel win
Nova is kind of a weak link

yaadaveyaa
the other guy brought up tactics thats y and where is void banned via forum rules? and y is void banned? that doesnt make any sense i didnt know that ... im not saying hyperion is just sitting sipping a warm glass of milk while marvel is being killed but i really wanted to focus the 2 more powerful guys in the fight and show how sentry dominates

pym-ftw
Forum rules has a thread

Void and sentry each have feats, arguing that sentry voids out at the start of fights is significantly ooc

So you view BM>Hype or what?

armedforbattle
Of course, Nova Prime getting low balled.

yaadaveyaa
nova is the least powerful here my opinion is sentry>hype>bm>nova in this fight sentry being the strongest

KingD19
Sentry hasn't done anything near the level of this version of Hyperion. In fact, the only one whose gone up against Hyperion here is BM, and he whooped King Hyperion, the 2nd most powerful version.

carver9
Well, he didn't whoop King Hype. In the beginning, King Hype took BM out with ease. King just allowed him to get up for that second wind. If King Hyperion would have pressed his attack, BM would have died. Then, King Hype basically two shotted him.

KingD19
What? No. Blue Marvel was holding back the entire fight because he was having an identity crisis. Hell for most of it he was more focused on what the people around him were thinking of him rather than King Hyperion. Once he stopped feeling sorry for himself, he beat Hyperion down with almost no effort, and delivered him to the Thunderbolts in chains more or less.

carver9
Originally posted by KingD19
What? No. Blue Marvel was holding back the entire fight because he was having an identity crisis. Hell for most of it he was more focused on what the people around him were thinking of him rather than King Hyperion. Once he stopped feeling sorry for himself, he beat Hyperion down with almost no effort, and delivered him to the Thunderbolts in chains more or less.

I think you read that fight wrong. Hyperion two punched him and had him on the ground near koed. Nothing stated he was holding back.

KingD19
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/219/bm1l.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/816/bm2q.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/560/bm3s.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/232/bm4qc.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/831/bm5b.jpg/

That's the whole fight. Marvel goes in cocky, thinking he's unbeatable and then he gets taken off guard when Hyperion hits him harder than even Sentry did. Then he realizes the people he's fighting to protect are as scared of him as they are Hyperion and he has a little pity party. Keep in mind this Hyperion has killed countless other Hulks, Thor's, Sentry's, and Blue Marvel's. Then this one realizes that he's buying in to his own bullshit and decides to fight. He says it right in the third or 4th panel. He hadn't been able to cut loose like that in a long time. Which means he was holding back before.

And lol at near ko'd, he was having an inner monologue the entire time. And he was already getting up when Hyperion turned his back on him.

yaadaveyaa
bm is not even CLOSE to as strong as sentry no where close sentry would easily dispose of bm 10/10 just going off the wwh fight nothing more without going into his other showings

KingD19
Lol you're serious? So you're going to ignore the fight they had where even with help from the other Avengers, Sentry got flash ko'd and knocked into orbit at the same time, then had to sneak attack BM from orbit to get a win? And even then, he was in just as bad shape and could barely stand afterward.

carver9
Lol you're serious? So you're going to ignore the fight they had where even with help from the other Avengers, Sentry got flash ko'd and knocked into orbit at the same time, then had to sneak attack BM from orbit to get a win? And even then, he was in just as bad shape and could barely stand afterward.

Like I've said, Blue Marvel was out, and easily. If Hyperion would have pressed his attack, BM would have died.

SevenShackles

See that's why I brought up tactics. Sentry lacks any sort of ability to follow orders (for the most part outside of the dark reign Osborn manipulation thing) and like you said operates like the hulk and goes i n swinging regardless of the exotic applications of his power. The 'erase from memory' feat to me seemed to be part of an episode and something he did more subconscious than anything. (someone correct me if I'm wrong)
Hyperion has lead his own super teams and is ca pable of tactical thought something needed in fighting a foe stronger than you. That being in mind and the 'common knowledge' rule pretty much tells me that team 2 would blitz nova as the weak link and do all in their power to eliminate him to put things more in their favor. I don't even think both need to attack nova as Hyperion would be enough as blue marvel stalemates sentry and keeps him distracted (something easily accomplished more or less)

Blue marvel has hurt sentry before and Hyperion is sentry's predecessor as marvel superman(lite) and might not be on par with WWH in many opinions but is in no way a easy opponent and with both him and blue sentry should eat dirt.

I actually consider the sentry vs WWH fight to be PIS. (cheap way to end it also) He didn't show such potential any other time without blatantly being the void and even the void didn't trade blows like that when it bothered to creep out. I dont wanna catch sh*t for saying this but it's how I view it.

Sentry = inconsistent.

Tony Stark

confused

KingD19
Like I've said, Blue Marvel was out, and easily. If Hyperion would have pressed his attack, BM would have died.

He wasn't out. He was already getting up as soon as Hype turned around. And he certainly wouldn't have gotten killed.

As for why he was down, not out. He underestimated Hyperion and got taken by surprise. It's right there in the scans.

As soon as he takes the kiddy gloves off, Hype is down without so much as another word.

carver9
@king...

If Hyperion would have kept pounding on BM during this scene, what could BM have done?

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/560/bm3s.jpg/

KingD19
He would have fought back sooner. He came to the realization after Hyperion left him alone, but if he'd just kept hitting him, his self preservation would have let him turn up on him just as he did before. Right there on panel shows he was holding back, and then really got serious and beat him with no effort.

I could ask you the same thing like, "what would have happened if Blue Marvel hadn't been dicking around in the beginning"?

carver9
He would have fought back sooner. He came to the realization after Hyperion left him alone, but if he'd just kept hitting him, his self preservation would have let him turn up on him just as he did before. Right there on panel shows he was holding back, and then really got serious and beat him with no effort.

I could ask you the same thing like, "what would have happened if Blue Marvel hadn't been dicking around in the beginning"?

What scans states BM was holding back? If anything, Hyperion was holding back. Lol...how would BM have prevented Hyperion from pounding on him. He was near koed in the scan above...bleeding from the mouth, etc...if Hyperion would have pressed his attack, BM would have been out, no questions asked. Hyperion "holding back" gave BM an open opportunity.

KingD19
1st Scan Blue Marvel says to himself "I was cocky at first. Like I was hitting the two hole for twenty yards and there was no one who could stop me. But Hyperion was a mean linebacker." He was cocky going in, and he didn't even take Hyperion serious. His punch that hit harder than Sentry combined with the realization that the people he was protecting were frightened of him made him lose his heart for the fight.

4th scan he saves the little girl and uses an energy blast on Hyperion says "He let Marvel live too long, and he was gonna die a slow death. Meaning he wanted him dead. Marvel tells him to take his best shot, and then internally states " It had been a long time since I'd been able to let loose that way. And I was going to make every shot count."

Shortly after he "let's loose", Hyperion is unconscious, even after saying he was going to kill Marvel.

That means, Marvel went in headstrong and not at his best because he didn't think Hyperion was a threat. Then he stopped fighting because the people he was fighting for were scared of him and he started doubting himself. Then he pulled his head out of his ass and shitstomped Hyperion.

It's the Superman gambit. But it shows Marvel was holding back.

Branlor Swift
Hyperion drops a universe on the other team

KingD19
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Hyperion drops a universe on the other team. Then another universe.

Fixed it.

smile

Lord Prime
Team 2

yaadaveyaa
this stiill isnt suffecient evidence to show sentry isnt stronger then hyperion sentry is the strongest in this fight out of anyone by feats and by strength he wins the fight

KingD19
By feats this new Hyperion held apart two planets until they blew up from the pressure. With strength alone. And then he was durable enough to survive an explosion that wiped out a universe. And he simply survived in a void which also is an incredible feat.

Sentry has never done anything on that level. Even his molecular control is inadmissible because he uses it all of once or twice before having Thor kill him.

yaadaveyaa
ok first of all he allowed thor to kill him so he wouldnt kill EVERYONE so that is not admissable and i agree 1 feat from hyperion very imrpessive he still cant harm sentry AT ALL and sentry would wear him down what does a super nova do it destroys everything and the power of a million of em gg

KingD19
Why can't he harm Sentry? Blue Marvel could. Hulk could. Hercules could. Molecule Man could. Absorbing Man could.A laser pistol killed him for ****'s sake.

He's able to be harmed and almost never performs at the level you think he's at. And Hyperion who was strong enough to hold colliding planets apart until they exploded, and Marvel who nearly split the moon in half while holding back a great deal are easily strong enough to hurt him.

yaadaveyaa
bm has no shot of doing a thing to sentry and hulk only hurt sentry bcuz he stood in front of him and exchanged punches cuz he wanted a challenge thats the kind of insanity ur dealing with here lets stand in front of hulk and see if we can excahnge punches with a giant rage monster he stalemates hulk who is miles stronger then hyperion no chance does hyperion hurt sentry

ThereIsHope
Blue Marvel is a beast

ThereIsHope
I agree that Sentry is inconsistant. He is suppose to be a being that is indestructable or whatever. Yet he gets bloody noses? It just seems odd to me that someone who can be dispursed and yet come back together gets bloody noses. Yet maybe im looking at it the wrong way.

yaadaveyaa
im not saying anyone but nova i nthis fight is weak im just saying sentry unless he wants to proven on panel he does not die unless he allows it he is far to strong for anyone in this fight to kill him... if it got to a point 2 on 1 bm and hyperion vs sentry then yea he'd most certainly lose

Sh3nG L0nG
This is not a fight to death, knockout still counts as a victory.

yaadaveyaa
even so hyperion wont touch sentry molecule manipulation and he is 2 seconds ahead of everything he does sentry obliterates hyperion and easily dispatches blue marvel

Tony Stark
By feats this new Hyperion held apart two planets until they blew up from the pressure. With strength alone. And then he was durable enough to survive an explosion that wiped out a universe. And he simply survived in a void which also is an incredible feat.

Sentry has never done anything on that level. Even his molecular control is inadmissible because he uses it all of once or twice before having Thor kill him.

How many times did Hyperion hold two planets apart...?

Wait for it... Wait for it... Uh huh...

I guess it too is inadmissible by your version of logic.

yaadaveyaa
Originally posted by Tony Stark
How many times did Hyperion hold two planets apart...?

Wait for it... Wait for it... Uh huh...

I guess it too is inadmissible by your version of logic. laughing

*clap*

Stranglehold300

Based off of feats yes he is. And Nova Prime basically makes it even worse for team 2.

armedforbattle
Again, Nova Prime is not outclassed here. Get over it
Unless it is current and not Richard.

Zack Fair
What is Blue Marvel up to these days?

armedforbattle
Originally posted by Zack Fair
What is Blue Marvel up to these days?
I don't think he's been seen to much lately
Hopefully 'Marvel Now' has some good plans for him.

yaadaveyaa
nova is 4th by a long shot here the only advantage he has against anyone and its not much if at all is speed so hes outclassed by quite a bit

SevenShackles
Even if sentry is High above everyone here in potential he is and never has met that potential without the void. Even if he is tiers above Hyperion and blue marvel as this is in character he will simply ignore his exotic powers and perform inconstantly at a lower capacity.
Even when he went toe to toe with WWH he didnt have to. More so with all the pure power and versatility some of his feats allude To him being capable of. But he did. No tact and little sanity to call upon a sentry without the ability to become the void (due to forum rules) or fight a character who's power set forces him to turn to anything other than brute force is just a loose end at some point.

Despite his potential stated he hardly showed capable of tapping it on a regular bases without something pushing him to. Be it the threat of death or the void.

Hyperion and blue marvel are strong. That's a fact. And honestly even if sentry is stronger that doesn't mean he automatically wins. He is not smarter than his enemies and team work often is what often overcomes 'stronger' enemies.

Originally posted by armedforbattle
Again, Nova Prime is not outclassed here. Get over it
Unless it is current and not Richard.
I'm thinking it's current as it wasn't otherwise stated that this Is Richard and that makes a big difference here.

byrdgang21
I don't think he's been seen to much lately
Hopefully 'Marvel Now' has some good plans for him.

Lets hope so

yaadaveyaa
feats would suggest other wise feat vs feat sentry beats hyperion plain and simple hes seconds ahead of him and stronger... the fact he doesnt get to use the void on forum rules is bull shit and the it was most likely made for the people who dont like sentry and wanna whine that he gets skyrocketed in power using his full potential its part of his character hes earths strongest hero of all earth born heros idk y ppl dont like him

carver9
Sentry didn't use brute force against WWH.

dmills
http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/gifs/Jerichonothavingit.gif

Certain comments...

SevenShackles
Sentry didn't use brute force against WWH.
I remember blasts from his hands and punching. Anything else? And did he do stuff like that on that scale in any other comic?

If I'm wrong by all means feel free to correct me. Can't learn otherwise.

carver9
I can post the fight but he only punched Hulk once during the time the fight went airborne. The rest of his attacks were blasts and Sentry never went all out like that again.

yaadaveyaa
I can post the fight but he only punched Hulk once during the time the fight went airborne. The rest of his attacks were blasts and Sentry never went all out like that again.

he didnt go all out or else EVERYONE would have died read his comic with his meeting with dr strange and thats what happens when he goes all out everyone dies

carver9
he didnt go all out or else EVERYONE would have died read his comic with his meeting with dr strange and thats what happens when he goes all out everyone dies

It was stated In the comic that he went all out. Hell, Sentry admitted it himself. Don't get mad because "Sentry going all out" didn't happen the way you think it should have happened.

carver9
People need to stop basing things off of collateral damage.

Pak states in this comic "Sentry is busting out the power of a million exploding suns".

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/wwh016.jpg

Bruce, does it always feel this good "to let go".

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/wwh020.jpg

SevenShackles
So plot devicey. It's a shame.
Thanks for the scans carver, appreciate it.

dmills
It was stated In the comic that he went all out. Hell, Sentry admitted it himself. Don't get mad because "Sentry going all out" didn't happen the way you think it should have happened.

His continuity didn't stop with that one showing you know...

yaadaveyaa
do u know what a super nova is? if he was using the power of a million exploding suns he would have done more then shatter some windows that is no where near what a super nova does the super nova would wipe out our universe so taht is not at all what happened just by logic

carver9
Originally posted by dmills
His continuity didn't stop with that one showing you know...

I know, but he still held back. He even admits that Hulk is one of the only he can hit like that.

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/wwh010.jpg

Can't remember a time he went out like that after this or even hinting that he wasn't holding back or if he could cut lose. Is there something I am unaware of and if so, do you have scans?

carver9
do u know what a super nova is? if he was using the power of a million exploding suns he would have done more then shatter some windows that is no where near what a super nova does the super nova would wipe out our universe so taht is not at all what happened just by logic

Can't argue with what's stated on panel. Sorry buddy.

yaadaveyaa
he asks him what hes doing and it says it looks like hes unleashing the power of a million exploding suns its obvious hes not y cant ya argue it if its incorrect? a super nova wipes out a galaxy he didnt knock over a building lol

KingD19
I try not to be mean on these things. But you are acting inept and childish.

And earlier someone said Hyperion's feats were inadmissible since they were only performed once in comparison to Sentry's molecule powers. Well Hyperion has been in 2 books since his creation. So we can only go by the feats he does have. And considering he appears to be stronger than every other Hyperion, their feats are easily within his range as well.

As for Sentry, he used his Molecule Powers against Molecule Man and I don't remember him using them again, despite having ample opportunity in the many issues he appeared in afterward. It seemed to be a throwaway power just so he could look cool against MM.

yaadaveyaa
i didnt say inadmissible at all and there is a difference in stating facts and acting "inept" and childish so your dead wrong if you think logically on what a super nova does and he is not activating that power its that simple its stated on panel its not a big deal at this point the arguments over sentry won not a big deal

carver9
i didnt say inadmissible at all and there is a difference in stating facts and acting "inept" and childish so your dead wrong if you think logically on what a super nova does and he is not activating that power its that simple its stated on panel its not a big deal at this point the arguments over sentry won not a big deal

Like I've stated...Sentry admitted he wasn't holding back against Hulk. Just because the planet didn't blow up doesn't mean sentry was holding back. Earth isnt a fodder planet.

KingD19
Blue Marvel let loose on King Hyperion.

Superman has let loose on countless opponents on Earth.

Thor held nothing back against his grandfather and they barely damaged a city block.

Carver's right. It's not always about collateral damage.

celeyhyga17
Carvster for President
pray

armedforbattle
Dude. It is a HYPERBOLE. look it up a**hole
It doesn't LITERALLY (look that up to you douche) mean when he hits somebody a sun explodes.

tkitna
To take Hyperion seriously, I have to get past the point that the Vision physically owned him at one point in history, and I cant. Team 2 probably wins though as I look at Nova Prime as the weakest link.

armedforbattle
Originally posted by tkitna
To take Hyperion seriously, I have to get past the point that the Vision physically owned him at one point in history, and I cant. Team 2 probably wins though as I look at Nova Prime as the weakest link.
Hasn't vision also whooped silver surfer?

And if its current nova then I see hype and BM taking it, however if its Richard I see Him and sentry taking it.

carver9

Not the same Hyperion.

byrdgang21
For the record this Richard "Nova Prime"

SevenShackles
Originally posted by byrdgang21

that makes a difference. must think on it.

armedforbattle
Originally posted by byrdgang21
Thank you for clarifying, I give it to Bob & Rich then.

SevenShackles
Thank you for clarifying, I give it to Bob & Rich then.

Yup. Had to look back on some nova comics to refresh my memory and totally this. Nova can totally make up for anything the sentry lacks including tactics and the such.

carver9
Personally, I would put current Hyperion far above Surfer and Surfer basically tanked everything Rich threw at him. Tried to avoid saying this but based off of current Hyperion showings (not the same Hyperion, this is a different version), Hyperion solos this until we see what can take him down.

dmills
From what I gather Hickman has in essence said he's not going for Supes lite with with this latest alternate Hyperion. He's going for the full monty here. Dude's going to be a beast.

armedforbattle
You honestly think hype can solo NP and Sentry?

dmills
You honestly think hype can solo NP and Sentry?

Me? Hell no.

ThereIsHope
If he does that, then maybe DC is going to give Superman a power up.

dmills
Originally posted by ThereIsHope
If he does that, then maybe DC is going to give Superman a power up.

Huh?

ThereIsHope
Huh?

If Hickman makes Hyperion stronger then Superman then maybe DC will give Superman a major powerup.

armedforbattle
Me? Hell no.
I was talking to carv. You just weaseled your post in-between mine and his post. Lol

dmills
Originally posted by ThereIsHope
If Hickman makes Hyperion stronger then Superman then maybe DC will give Superman a major powerup.

I highly doubt that bigwigs over at DC are looking at Hyperion for inspiration on what to do with Superman lol.

carver9
Yes, I think Hyperion can solo until we can find a weakeness or something that either of these two can bring to the table. He's stronger than anyone here and far more durable and the only thing that has hurt him is Hulks fist and neither of these people are as strong or stronger than Hulk. Now if you can tell me a way they can take him down, then I would agree (but you need some concrete evidence) but until then, he solos imo.

dmills
I was talking to carv. You just weaseled your post in-between mine and his post. Lol

Oh. Well in that case yes, he most certainly believes that bullshit lol.

carver9
Oh. Well in that case yes, he most certainly believes that bullshit lol.

laughing out loud how's everything with you mills? Been a while since I've talked to you.

dmills
Good man. How's the weather over in Colombus, GA?

carver9
Good man. How's the weather over in Colombus, GA?

Hot as hell. We get snow every 10 yrs and when it drops, it melts immediately. Have you been keeping up with any Nova material lately? If so, hows the character? Is marvel giving him justice/fts.?

SevenShackles
Yes, I think Hyperion can solo until we can find a weakeness or something that either of these two can bring to the table. He's stronger than anyone here and far more durable and the only thing that has hurt him is Hulks fist and neither of these people are as strong or stronger than Hulk. Now if you can tell me a way they can take him down, then I would agree (but you need some concrete evidence) but until then, he solos imo.

Bah certain characters shouldn't be allowed to be in VS threads until they are more explored in the comics. Always leads to these situations that turn into a waiting game.

Is current hulk on the level of WWH? not that I put much faith in sentry and his showing against WWH where he fought to a draw, I'm just curious what sort of hulk lvls Hyperion was being punching in the face by.

armedforbattle
One of you make a Hyperion vs Nova Prime & Sentry thread. I bet it gets closed.

carver9
At Sevenshackles...

I don't know what level current Hulk is at. He withstood an attack that was capable of melting Adamantium. Ripped through armor that can withstand "any" pressure in space. Strength was stated as being incalculable, speed blitzing. Then after everything Hyperion did, Waid states that Hulk is still stronger. Marvel has been showing Hulk some love. I still wouldn't say current Hulk or Sentry is as physically strong as WWH and like I've stated before, Sentry used more than physical might against WWH whereas Hulk physically depleted Sentry of his power.

ThereIsHope
I would like to think that if he can do all that maybe the current hulk is stronger. We really dont have enough feats for WWH hulk to say he's stronger then the current hulk. He beat the crap out of wolverine but he didnt hurt his skeleton. He also was hurt by adimantium weapons via General Ross.

dmills
Hot as hell. We get snow every 10 yrs and when it drops, it melts immediately. Have you been keeping up with any Nova material lately? If so, hows the character? Is marvel giving him justice/fts.?

New book drops in a few weeks. I'll try to stick with it through at least the first arc since Loeb has said around issue 5 or so he'll explain just how the hell there can be a new Nova in 616 if Rich took every ounce of Nova Force with him into the cancerverse and no Worldmind is around.

Beyond that I'll probably just keep an eye on it from a distance if only just to catalogue it for the sake of Nova related continuity and mythos.

bbrem123
wow carver...a lot of stuff you have been posting in nonsense...just saying

every post is a sad attempt to make hulk superior to the rest

celeyhyga17
New book drops in a few weeks. I'll try to stick with it through at least the first arc since Loeb has said around issue 5 or so he'll explain just how the hell there can be a new Nova in 616 if Rich took every ounce of Nova Force with him into the cancerverse and no Worldmind is around.

Beyond that I'll probably just keep an eye on it from a distance if only just to catalogue it for the sake of Nova related continuity and mythos.
Can't wait! Go Novas go!!!
Happy Dance

dmills
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Happy Dance

Lol. You're an eternal optimist.

Stranglehold300

How the heck is Nova the weakest link???

SevenShackles
Originally posted by Stranglehold300
How the heck is Nova the weakest link???

Think that was said before it was confirmed to be rich and not the new guy. cool

dmills
Tbh I think Rich could beat an average depicted Bob for a good majority. Blue Marvel too. Bob going all dark eyed and pissed is another beast altogether though.

SamZED
Bob's average also varies a lot depending on his state of mind. Huge difference between Bob who was getting spanked by Herc or She-Hulk and Sentry who humiliated Terrax and overloaded Absorbing Man.

dmills
Originally posted by SamZED
Bob's average also varies a lot depending on his state of mind. Huge difference between Bob who was getting spanked by Herc or She-Hulk and Sentry who humiliated Terrax and overloaded Absorbing Man.

Don't get me wrong, Bob could be a monster and under the right circumstances would merc Rider. But more often then not he'd lose to the more tactically proficient Nova.

Personally I think the parody in his (Bob) showings is a bit overstated. He had high highs in the beginning, a somewhat lukewarm middle (which was the duration of his continuity) and then a high end game. That said I was never really a fan so perhaps his fans have a different take on him.

carver9
Originally posted by bbrem123
wow carver...a lot of stuff you have been posting in nonsense...just saying

every post is a sad attempt to make hulk superior to the rest

Not what I'm trying to do. Someone brought up Hulk to make Hyperion look weak, so I corrected him.

ViolentByDesign
Blue Marvel and Hype wreck the other 2.

bbrem123
Not what I'm trying to do. Someone brought up Hulk to make Hyperion look weak, so I corrected him.

you are using wwh sentry as the most powerful sentry we have seen...when that is obviously not the case(just to make hulk look better)...classic sentry would easily be a challenge for current hyperion...and voided out sentry would rape hyperion any day.

I understand hulk is a beast and you trying to defend that...but saying wwh sentry was him at his best is a poor argument cuz that obviously was not the case.

bbrem123
sentry average showing and nova lose.....sentry stable and nova win...imo

zopzop
Tbh I think Rich could beat an average depicted Bob for a good majority. Blue Marvel too.
Bull! BM would wreck Nova. And I'm saying this as a minor Nova fan. I don't get why BM gets lowballed so much on these forums.

I agree with you about "average" Sentry though. That guy was a walking disaster.
Originally posted by ViolentByDesign
Blue Marvel and Hype wreck the other 2.
thumb up This.

bbrem123
Originally posted by zopzop
Bull! BM would wreck Nova. And I'm saying this as a minor Nova fan. I don't get why BM gets lowballed so much on these forums.

I agree with you about "average" Sentry though. That guy was a walking disaster.

thumb up This. im assuming BM get lowballed cuz of his limited showings...he is easily an elite herald for sure though

dmills
Originally posted by zopzop

thumb up This.

lawlz. This guy is always good for a chuckle or two.

Adam's stock has seemed to drop around here for some odd reason though. Not sure why.

CosmicComet
BM has nothing close to elite speed feats.

Nova could get a majority against him for sure.

KingD19
He's flown to the moon in moments. And stopped a massive alien invasion fleet before even a single ship got close to Earth. He also flew to space and stopped an asteroid the size of Arkansas from hitting it. Didn't even break the atmosphere.

CosmicComet
Flew to Moon in moments. Define these moments. Unless he did it in under 2 seconds, he's not even lightspeed. Either way its still a 'lolflightspeed' feat.

How many ships, how close were they together, and how far apart were they from Earth.

Nothing too impressive about catching an asteroid, which would be moving no faster than re-entry speeds.

Nothing elite about any of that, the ships are the only iffy thing for me, as I've never read about that one.

carver9
Originally posted by bbrem123
you are using wwh sentry as the most powerful sentry we have seen...when that is obviously not the case(just to make hulk look better)...classic sentry would easily be a challenge for current hyperion...and voided out sentry would rape hyperion any day.

I understand hulk is a beast and you trying to defend that...but saying wwh sentry was him at his best is a poor argument cuz that obviously was not the case.

I never said WWH Sentry is the most powerful version of Sentry. What I did say is Sentry never cut lose before or after his WWH showing like he did. Of course he learned more about his powers after the WWH fight but that doesn't take away from my statement. Let's not pretend like Sentry became a god after his fight with WWH because he faced Loeb Rulk (with a team aiding Sentry) and Sentry got STOMPED and easily at that. Sentry is powerful but there's still evidence that shows WWH being above him (after his fight against Sentry) and Hyperion being above him as well (due to his recent showings).

dmills
He's flown to the moon in moments. And stopped a massive alien invasion fleet before even a single ship got close to Earth. He also flew to space and stopped an asteroid the size of Arkansas from hitting it. Didn't even break the atmosphere.

Adam's not going to win a space cheese contest against Nova. But I get the point. He's a bad motherphucker no doubt.

On another note, why are you always posting late at night KD lol?

KingD19
My sleep schedule is horrible. My last job was delivering cancer meds to hospitals and clinics and stuff in my state and the surrounding ones. I had to be at work by 4:30am. So I changed my sleep schedule by force of necessity to be to work on time.

When I quit the job, I'd gotten so used to the hours that now I'm up well into the morning(like 10-11am), then I sleep until between 3-4:30/5), and repeat.

It's a vicious cycle, lol

bbrem123
I never said WWH Sentry is the most powerful version of Sentry. What I did say is Sentry never cut lose before or after his WWH showing like he did. Of course he learned more about his powers after the WWH fight but that doesn't take away from my statement. Let's not pretend like Sentry became a god after his fight with WWH because he faced Loeb Rulk (with a team aiding Sentry) and Sentry got STOMPED and easily at that. Sentry is powerful but there's still evidence that shows WWH being above him (after his fight against Sentry) and Hyperion being above him as well (due to his recent showings).

like i said...you wank the hulk way to much man....hulk is one of my favorite characters and I give him his respect when he deserves it...but come on now...stop with the over hyping...and sentry is a character whos power fluctuates due to his mental stability. All the example you use are when he is mentally weak.

ThereIsHope
I think the Sentry is a weird character. How can you be a being who's molecules can be taken apart.........yet you get a bloody nose. Maybe im looking at it the wrong way. I mean who gives a shit if he wanted to die? If the molecule man wanted to die. Does that mean he could die? But then again the Beyonder wanted to die also. BUT he had to depower himself. Did Sentry depower himself? Oh I get it you gotta be an emo to lose your power for some characters.

ThereIsHope
The Sentry is Kody Rhodes

dmills
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Happy Dance

Here ya go celey. Apparently unbeknownst to us all there were two divisions of Nova's, the "gold domes" (Richie), and the black ops division or "black Novas" (Garthan Saal/Supernova).

http://www.newsarama.com/php/multimedia/album_view.php?gid=4860&page=6

Im not up to date on hype, but team 1 wins

celeyhyga17
Here ya go celey. Apparently unbeknownst to us all there were two divisions of Nova's, the "gold domes" (Richie), and the black ops division or "black Novas" (Garthan Saal/Supernova).

Can't wait.

abhilegend

Go GL corp.....umm Nova corps, go...........

"Id"

http://www.newsarama.com/php/multimedia/album_view.php?gid=4860&page=6 I was wondering what was going on with Garthan Saal.

dmills
Originally posted by abhilegend
laughing out loud

I thought the same thing.

Originally posted by "Id"
I was wondering what was going on with Garthan Saal.

It's not really Saal, but rather a top secret division based on his character traits. Kill on sight, follow orders, ask no questions etc. They have black helmets and uniforms like he had as well.

abhilegend
laughing out loud

It's not really Saal, but rather a top secret division based on his character traits. Kill on sight, follow orders, ask no questions etc. They have black helmets and uniforms like he had as well.
How are you man? Long time no see.

So guy gardner with a bucket on his head? Not cool man.

"Id"
laughing out loud

Then I am still wondering, they left an unanswered cliffhanger.

dmills

Been busy with a project for work man but I still lurk and post randomly. How are things?

Originally posted by "Id"
Then I am still wondering, they left an unanswered cliffhanger.

I know exactly what you're referring to. I'm hoping they bring him back. If so I'll be on board.

On another note, reading a recent Loeb interview it looks like Rich is dead. As in Mar-vell dead and not coming back.

celeyhyga17
laughing out loud

Been busy with a project for work man but I still lurk and post randomly. How are things?

sick

dmills
laughing out loud

carver9
Celey...

DMILLs fussed at you not to long ago for not being online and he goes and pull the same thing. WTF mills. wink

Good to see you back online though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.