10 Most Incompetent Space Captains in the Universe

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji
From i09

http://io9.com/5981949/10-most-incompetent-space-captains-in-the-universe

Zapp Brannigan #1

jaden101
Hahaha...I'd give it to Iris Eldba's character from Prometheus....but hey, I'm biased.

KingD19
Number 1 is definitely Zapp. He has entire episodes devoted to his incompetence.

-Pr-
Zapp Brannigan is incompetently awesome.

I STILL quote that guy to this day.

KingD19
I call myself the Velour Fog in the mirror.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by jaden101
Hahaha...I'd give it to Iris Eldba's character from Prometheus....but hey, I'm biased.

Clearly you are VERY biased, because you're extremely wrong. Perhaps if you had read it...

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Clearly you are VERY biased, because you're extremely wrong. Perhaps if you had read it...

Clearly it's about black people being in charge. cool

Sadako of Girth
I think its grossly unfair, but is usually portrayed that way...

Han Solo: Captains and pilots the Falcon through all events in ANH and ESB, surviving escape from Tatooine, been tractor beamed and captured by the Death Star, the escape from the death star, participation in the Battle of Yavin, any and all events in the 3 or so years between then and Hoth, does the escape from Hoth, asteroid field flythrough against thousands to one odds, escapes the space slug, escapes multiple star destroyers (hiding on the rear of one of them) and gets away from Bespin pursued by ties....with seemingly not a scratch worth mentioning...

Then Lando gets in it, and despite his unquestionable coolness and smoothness, within the hour rams the falcon up the Death Star's backside and smashes off the radar dish and scuffs up the top of it...!! WTF I bet Han was so pissed.
stick out tongue

Seriously though: Those captains and admirals that Vader choked out have to go in the list. Needa in particular.
And anyone else involved in that collision between Star Destroyers in the escape from Hoth bit...

And what about that captain under Dark Helmet in Spaceballs..?

Honourable mention to Captain "Lets get slugs in our ears, maroon my own crew on Ceti Alpha, allow control of the ship to fall into the hand of a revenge crazed madman and lure Kirk to his near death, almost shooting Kirk before suiciding with a phaser at maximum" Terrell of the USS Reliant.

Silent_Bomber
Stanley Tweedle probably should've been here somewhere.

Pretty sure he tried to blow up a planet full of people once just because a hot girl asked him to (who turned out to be a guy afterwards anyway).

Supra
Needa...fail:/

Robtard
Originally posted by Patient_Leech

Calm down, no one's taking away your Prometheus toys.

Robtard
Originally posted by -Pr-
Zapp Brannigan is incompetently awesome.

I STILL quote that guy to this day.

thumb up

"Brannigan's Law is like Brannigan's love, hard and fast."

"In the game of chess you can never let your adversary see your pieces."

"Now you're officially my woman. Kudos! I can't say I don't envy you."

KingD19
Originally posted by Robtard
thumb up

"Brannigan's Law is like Brannigan's love, hard and fast."

"In the game of chess you can never let your adversary see your pieces."

"Now you're officially my woman. Kudos! I can't say I don't envy you."

It's clear you suffer from Sexlexia.

Tor__Hershman

meep-meep
"We'll just set a new course for that empty region over there... Near that blackish, hole-ish thing."

Yes. Brannigan hands down.

Darth Abonis
Lol Zapp Branigan without a doubt

Q99
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth

Honourable mention to Captain "Lets get slugs in our ears, maroon my own crew on Ceti Alpha, allow control of the ship to fall into the hand of a revenge crazed madman and lure Kirk to his near death, almost shooting Kirk before suiciding with a phaser at maximum" Terrell of the USS Reliant.

That's not really his fault. He was a science captain. He beamed down with Chekov. Then past that point, he got the ear-slugs and wasn't able to do anything about it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.