Prime vs Hyperion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

bbrem123
Superboy Prime vs Current Hyperion

Who wins?

abhilegend
Not enough showings for Hyperion to gauge his average. By his hulk showing, SBP owns him. By his IG level feat he solos the entire HH/Trans tier list without breaking a sweat. Too early to tell IMO.

bbrem123
Originally posted by abhilegend
Not enough showings for Hyperion to gauge his average. By his hulk showing, SBP owns him. By his IG level feat he solos the entire HH/Trans tier list without breaking a sweat. Too early to tell IMO. I can agree with that...No clue how they can give him an abstract feat and then a trans feat lol

Not consistent at all

yaadaveyaa
prime i think wrecks hyperion

Zack Fair
Not enough showings for Hyperion to gauge his average. By his hulk showing, SBP owns him. By his IG level feat he solos the entire HH/Trans tier list without breaking a sweat. Too early to tell IMO.

Branlor Swift
Yeah, I agree with everyone else

Hype kills Prime dead

Sundipped
Originally posted by yaadaveyaa
prime i think wrecks hyperion

"Id"
Hyperion

Golgo13
Prime. For now.

ThereIsHope
I say that Prime wins for now. I need to read up on this Hyperion. Sounds like he makes the one from Supreme power looks like a total puss.

carver9

Let's not pretend like Heralds or trans never gave Prime a fight.

ThereIsHope
Didnt someone say that the Hulks gave him a fight?

bbrem123
Yea I have not seen that fight...anybody got scans...and issue please?

Nibedicus
Based on power "heirarchy": Prime.

Based on "feats": Hyperion.

ThereIsHope
Prime has some nice feats though. He survived when Monarch blew up, he beat up on Myx, and laughed in Mordrus face, he moved planets around, he punched and eventually broke a dimensional barrier.

HE INVENTED THE APPITIZER...............BOOM

ThereIsHope
What has prime done? Ive heard he moved planets and stuff, but what else has he done featwise?

bbrem123
based on his feats hyperion beats skyfathers, elder gods, and abstracts as well lol

ThereIsHope
what feats?

Galan007
Originally posted by bbrem123
Yea I have not seen that fight...anybody got scans...and issue please? http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/15136402/Avengers_V5_003-Zone-013.jpg.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/15136403/Avengers_V5_003-Zone-015.jpg.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/15136404/Avengers_V5_003-Zone-017.jpg.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/15136405/Avengers_V5_003-Zone-018.jpg.html
Avengers #3.

Either way, Hype was still able to stop 2 entire universes from colliding by physically holding them apart, before surviving the destruction of said universes:
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/15136400/Avengers_004-Zone-013.jpg.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/15136401/Avengers_004-Zone-014.jpg.html
You could likely combine most(if not all) of Prime's haxxed feats, and it wouldn't equal what Hype did. /shrug

vansonbee
Originally posted by ThereIsHope
Didnt someone say that the Hulks gave him a fight? Hulk gives everyone physically a run for their money.

Nibedicus
From what I'm reading, looks like Hulk sucker punched him and he turned around and one-shotted Hulk....

sneer

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by Golgo13
Prime. For now. for now?

This is going to be the height of his feats... It's only going downhill from here laughing out loud

Diesldude
Prime, I don't think Hyperion resisted 2 colliding universes for even a short time. I think he failed to keep apart 2 planets instead of universes.

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by Diesldude
Prime, I don't think Hyperion resisted 2 colliding universes for even a short time. I think he failed to keep apart 2 planets instead of universes. would you wager your life on it?

Diesldude
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
would you wager your life on it? life over a comic book? Lol

Hold up, I'll post in a couple of hours why I think that.

Branlor Swift
life over a comic book? Lol

Hold up, I'll post in a couple of hours why I think that. why not post it now?

I mean it's not like people are waiting to prove you wrong or anything...

Sundipped
Originally posted by Nibedicus
From what I'm reading, looks like Hulk sucker punched him and he turned around and one-shotted Hulk....

sneer

Looked like a hv blast first then a left hand reverted him back to Banner.
Primes hv probably goes through Hulk.

Nibedicus
Originally posted by Sundipped

2 shot then.

sneer

carver9

Hulk was withstanding heat from a Phoenix force user so I think you are wrong there bro.

bbrem123
Prime, I don't think Hyperion resisted 2 colliding universes for even a short time. I think he failed to keep apart 2 planets instead of universes. nahh man...they were universes...he held them apart for a bit then survived at the heart of the collision.

You can tell that they were not just planets because he was floating around in a white void in the aftermath. That's just a crazy strength and durability feat right there.

Thanks for the scans and info Galan thumb up

carver9
2 shot then.

sneer

Or, Hulk has shown recently that he have complete control of his transformation and when the lady lost her connection to him he reverted back to Banner. This is exactly what happened. Hulk has never reverted back to Banner after a punch "unless he was koed".

carver9
nahh man...they were universes...he held them apart for a bit then survived at the heart of the collision.

You can tell that they were not just planets because he was floating around in a white void in the aftermath. That's just a crazy strength and durability feat right there.

Thanks for the scans and info Galan thumb up

This man knows what he is talking about. By the way, Hyperion merks Prime.

Sundipped
Originally posted by carver9
Hulk was withstanding heat from a Phoenix force user so I think you are wrong there bro.

Emma took it easy on him.

dmills
There are three Hyperion Alphas that exist throughout various realities that when need be have the ability to channel power from every Hyperion in the multiverse. This guy is one of them.

I totally made that up because it's prolly cooler then the real explanation for such a ridiculous feat will be eek!

armedforbattle
would you wager your life on it?
laughing out loud
why not post it now?

laughing

Hahahaha damn it bran!

Diesldude
why not post it now?

I was on the train and couldn't edit the scans at the time, sorry for keeping you guys waiting..

Why i feel that the current hyperion is all Hype.

I've cut out pertinent panels from the scans galan posted the other day.

http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc462/Diesldude/hype1_zps786b6571.jpg

The link above states a 2nd earth hung in the sky. Not a universe but a 2nd earth. The panels below is why I believe the 2 earths don't represent two universes.

http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc462/Diesldude/hype2_zpscb9f5824.jpg

This panel clearly differentiates between World and Universe.
"By the time the worlds were about to touch he was all that remained of them, Hyperion held them apart..." and here is the important part " until the worlds broke and the cascading energy collapsing two UNIVERSES"

Two distinct words were used "world" and "universe" to mean 2 different things.

The world was the earth or the 2 earths that hyperion kept apart. because of the pressure, they broke. It's understandable and a great feat, the planets pushing into each other by forces and were resisted by hyperion. This caused the earths to break.

I also don't believe that Hyperion survived a universe buster.

The text clearly state that the universe collapsed, like a building/ bridge would collapse, it didn't explode nor were there explosive energies that destroyed the universe or anything in it's path that hyperion tanked.

Diesldude
Damn, i posted too late, all the people waiting to prove me wrong have logged out already. Oh well, I kept you guys waiting, so I can at least do the same for you guys.

carver9
The writer himself stated that Hyperion survived two universes of destruction.

Mindset
The writer himself stated that Hyperion survived two universes of destruction. thumb up

Superman fans need to just accept it and move on.

Diesldude
Do you mean the ambiguous one sentence replies?

They were in reply to Cap pushing the universe using the IG.

In the panels I posted, the universe and earths were clearly differentiated using the words "earth", "worlds" and "Universe".

Diesldude
Originally posted by Mindset
thumb up

Superman fans need to just accept it and move on.

If a 2nd rate clone of superman can do something, then the original golden standard can best it.

Mindset
If a 2nd rate clone of superman can do something, then the original golden standard can best it. Except he hasn't.

carver9
Do you mean the ambiguous one sentence replies?

They were in reply to Cap pushing the universe using the IG.

In the panels I posted, the universe and earths were clearly differentiated using the words "earth", "worlds" and "Universe".

The writer stated Hyperion survived two universes exploding on him. It can't get any clearer than that. Just let it go bro.

Diesldude
Except he hasn't.

I think benching earth feat > than keeping 2 planets apart.

Although I admit that keeping the planets from colliding was a great feat in itself. Especially if you consider

2 earths = 2 x Earth weight
resisting force capable of pushing 2 earths = at least 2 x Earth weight.

So hyperion actually displayed 4x earth weight strength level at the very LEAST.

Mindset

Even if that were all it were, you would be wrong.

Anyway, 2 universes.

Canon.

Hyperion >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Superman

Diesldude
The writer stated Hyperion survived two universes exploding on him. It can't get any clearer than that. Just let it go bro.

The comic stated that the universe collapsed as a cascading result of the planet earth breaking.

A lot of people pointed this to the importance of earth in Marvel U.

This is similar to when SBP wanted to destroy the universe by destroying planet OA.

Mindset
Hey Carver, remember that time Hyperion >>>>>>> Superman?

Diesldude
Even if that were all it were, you would be wrong.

Anyway, 2 universes.

Canon.

Hyperion >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Superman

I'm not arguing Hype vs Superman or their feats, I just posted why i believe that Hyperion didn't push the 2 universes nor tanked a universe buster.

Sh3nG L0nG

I've read on this forum before that feats Trump writer intent or implied power. All-Star superman is a perfect example, despite what the writers said about the character and his implied power, most people on here don't even think he could beat mainstream superman . I don't see why Hyperion should get a pass, he needs more feats, end if story.

carver9
The comic stated that the universe collapsed as a cascading result of the planet earth breaking.

A lot of people pointed this to the importance of earth in Marvel U.

This is similar to when SBP wanted to destroy the universe by destroying planet OA.

So what happen to the stars, moons, Galaxies? Why didn't Hyperion die with it?

Mindset
Originally posted by Sh3nG L0nG
I've read on this forum before that feats Trump writer intent or implied power. All-Star superman is a perfect example, despite what the writers said about the character and his implied power, most people on here don't even think he could beat mainstream superman . I don't see why Hyperion should get a pass, he needs more feats, end if story. No.

Dolos
Hyperion, like the failed Sentry, is Marvel's solution for Superman.

Sh3nG L0nG
No.

Yes.

Bentley
Pft, Hype is overhyped, he can't even get between universes under his own power. Prime schools the him.

Mindset
Originally posted by Sh3nG L0nG
Yes. Nope.

Reported.

Diesldude
So what happen to the stars, moons, Galaxies? Why didn't Hyperion die with it? They died, like the universe. All it means is that Hyperion doesn't depend on the universe for sustenance.

Sh3nG L0nG
Nope.

Reported.

mad

Diesldude
Originally posted by Bentley
Pft, Hype is overhyped, he can't even get between universes under his own power. Prime schools the him.

thumb up my words exactly.

Branlor Swift

carver9
They died, like the universe. All it means is that Hyperion doesn't depend on the universe for sustenance.

Don't make one bit of sense. How can everything else die but Hyperion. Prove what you just said.

carver9
well, you're wrong, and both Carver and Mindset were here to witness it

http://www.formspring.me/JonathanHickman/q/423735055064526618

http://www.formspring.me/JonathanHickman/q/423735048718548767

http://www.formspring.me/JonathanHickman/q/422506670334171231

http://www.formspring.me/JonathanHickman/q/422506643889092662

There we go. I'll take a livestream of you surrendering your life please.

This guy right here (bran), is amazing.

ThereIsHope
You all really need to stop reporting each other. Its getting silly. Its like running to the nearest grown up and saying HE CALLED ME A POOPY HEAD.

If the writer says that he kept apart two universes then he did it.

carver9
Originally posted by Bentley

Prime was amped when he did that.

Branlor Swift
This guy right here (bran), is amazing.

Everyone who was right here (IE, everyone but Diesldude) get in this circle of fives

http://us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/logos/logos0712/logos071200318/2326761-high-five--teamwork-and-team-spirit--multi-ethnic-pile-of-hands-in-the-air.jpg

We did it pals!

carver9
Hahahahaha...

Diesldude
well, you're wrong, and both Carver and Mindset were here to witness it

http://www.formspring.me/JonathanHickman/q/423735055064526618

http://www.formspring.me/JonathanHickman/q/423735048718548767

http://www.formspring.me/JonathanHickman/q/422506670334171231

http://www.formspring.me/JonathanHickman/q/422506643889092662

There we go. I'll take a livestream of you surrendering your life please.

Dude you're wrong,
Just check out what Reed Says.
" That Earth is like an island breaking the surface of an ocean"
and
" he is literally pushing an entire universe hidden from us".

This further proves that the earth was not a representation of the universe in this comic.

Per Reed, the Earth is like an Island, the hidden universe is the Ocean. He can see the earth getting pushed back but not the universe which is hidden. Cap with the IG was pushing the entire universe not just the planet, nor was the planet a representation of the universe.

Similar differentiation was made between the earth and the universe in the hyperion comic.

It was clearly stated that he tried to hold the 2 earths apart but they broke which caused the universe to collapse.

carver9
Lol...the writer just agreed that Hyperion held two universes back.

Diesldude
But hey, i understand you guys need a feat to hold on to that can compete with superman's recent bench press feat.

carver9
Naah, Hyperion is just a monster.

Dolos
This is Superman Prime, far more powerful than normal Post-Crisis Superman.

Besides, Hyperion is a new development - give Superman 52 some time to rebuild all of Supes post-crisis continuity and I bet he's been given a boost. Hell, post-crisis has better feats than pre-crisis in some areas, just in less areas. Superman is a walking Dues Ex Machina, I think the writers acknowledge that he was the first, and thus must to retain Alpha-masculine status, Superman is the standard and in the past when Marvel pushed...i.e. Sentry...the writers pushed back and Superman still is on top.

Diesldude
Naah, Hyperion is just a monster.

I agree, Hyperion is a monster especially if you consider what he did.

2 shot the hulk, something that an amped Zeus failed to do.

So it's
Hyperion > Zeus > _____ . Carver i'll leave it to you to fill in the blank.

LOL .

Branlor Swift
Dude you're wrong,
Just check out what Reed Says.
" That Earth is like an island breaking the surface of an ocean"
and
" he is literally pushing an entire universe hidden from us".

This further proves that the earth was not a representation of the universe in this comic.

Per Reed, the Earth is like an Island, the hidden universe is the Ocean. He can see the earth getting pushed back but not the universe which is hidden. Cap with the IG was pushing the entire universe not just the planet, nor was the planet a representation of the universe.

This is much different from what was stated in the comic with Hyperion.

It was clearly stated that he tried to hold the 2 earths apart but they broke which caused the universe to collapse. That doesn't make a lick of sense. The incursion didn't suddenly change in the way it happened just because the words were different.
Also, that would mean that the universe is supposed to be ignored in the Hype feat, and then all of the sudden it jumps out of nowhere and says "Hey, I just got here suddenly, watch me explode" when the Earth (universe) breaks apart. Cap pushed the other universe safely away. Hype stalled the universe until it broke apart around him... with one hand.

Also, the Earth is like an island breaking the surface means that that was all they could see, but it represented much more.
Hell, Reed used "the other Earth - the other universe - away."

The Earth represented a universe, as confirmed by Hickman himself when he said Hype failed, Cap didn't in the universe feat.

Twisting words game doesn't work when the writer confirms it bucko.

Dolos
I agree, Hyperion is a monster especially if you consider what he did.

2 shot the hulk, something that an amped Zeus failed to do.

So it's
Hyperion > Zeus > _____ . Carver i'll leave it to you to fill in the blank.

LOL .

No Hyperion is not Skyfather, he's trans herald, back when Superman Prime was the buzz there was no "trans"; it was just High Herald...Prime would be considered trans as well, and at this rate 2011- Superman as well. thumb up

Diesldude
That doesn't make a lick of sense. The incursion didn't suddenly change in the way it happened just because the words were different.
Also, that would mean that the universe is supposed to be ignored in the Hype feat, and then all of the sudden it jumps out of nowhere and says "Hey, I just got here suddenly, watch me explode" when the Earth (universe) breaks apart. Cap pushed the other universe safely away. Hype stalled the universe until it broke apart around him... with one hand.

Also, the Earth is like an island breaking the surface means that that was all they could see, but it represented much more.
Hell, Reed used "the other Earth - the other universe - away."

The Earth represented a universe, as confirmed by Hickman himself when he said Hype failed, Cap didn't in the universe feat.

Twisting words game doesn't work when the writer confirms it bucko.
1 - You are using ambiguous one sentence replies on twitter to counter on panel explanation.
2 - If you check the star brand Vs IG thread, everyone there was thinking that hickman referred to cap when he said "he failed the IG didn't".

3 - It was clearly stated that Hyperion held the 2 earths from colliding before they broke under the pressure. the universe didn't break, the planets broke under the pressure, the universe died as a cascading result of the earths breaking.

There is no twisting of the words.

Diesldude
Originally posted by Dolos
No Hyperion is not Skyfather, he's trans herald, back when Superman Prime was the buzz there was no "trans"; it was just High Herald...Prime would be considered trans as well, and at this rate 2011- Superman as well. thumb up

LOL true dat!

Rao Kal El
As long as there is SUPERMAN or a SUPERMAN CLONE pulling the big feats I'm happy with that.

Diesldude
Originally posted by Rao Kal El
As long as there is SUPERMAN or a SUPERMAN CLONE pulling the big feats I'm happy with that.

If a 2nd rate clone of superman can do something, then the original golden standard can best it.

thumb up

wildernesss
hyperion wins

Branlor Swift
1 - You are using ambiguous one sentence replies on twitter to counter on panel explanation.
2 - If you check the star brand Vs IG thread, everyone there was thinking that hickman referred to cap when he said cap failed the IG didn't.

3 - It was clearly stated that Hyperion held the 2 earths from colliding before they broke under the pressure. the universe didn't break, the planets broke under the pressure, the universe died as a cascading result of the earths breaking.

There is no twisting of the words. You are ignoring them where he confirms it
The on panel would have been an explanation had NA 3 never came out and confirmed that the Earth's represented universe... and then Hickman double confirmed it.
Just because it didn't go in depth, doesn't mean we ignore the part where they did actually go in depth.
Let's take an example close to your heart. Superman vs Superman in IC. Now in the main title, the battle with Kal-L, and homo never stated that reality was being effected from their punches. Does that mean that just a car was destroyed? Not if we go by tie-ins where we get explanations that reality was being sodomized. It's not a retcon, the IC comic wasn't wrong. Just that another comic went more into details and you Superman fellers are happier for it.
And the Hype example is like that (under the same writer too). We got a look at where Hype came from and why, and then we get an explanation of just wtf actually happens when an Earth starts ramming his dickhole into another Earth. It's actually a universe ramburgling another universe with Earth serving as its spirit guide.

That would be ignoring the Hype part. Everyone who's right (Team Right) knows he was referring to Hype.
Steve didn't fail either in the context of the question, as the question never talked about the gems exploding (like the universes Hype survived). The Gems didn't fail. Hype did. Simple pimple.

2 Earths that represented universes.

A massive twisting of words. You're ignoring that even if you're right (that the Earth is just an island in an ocean) that the universe would be directly behind it just like it would have been behind the Earth in the Cap case (if you're right). IE, it still equals out to a universe.

The only way it wouldn't have been a universe Hype was trying to fist into place, is if the universe jumped out of nowhere like a spooky ghost as soon as the planets touched. Which is wrong as per Cap pushing it away.

Now if you'll excuse me, this representation of Team Right has to beat off, another representative will be with you shortly.

Diesldude
You are ignoring them where he confirms it
The on panel would have been an explanation had NA 3 never came out and confirmed that the Earth's represented universe... and then Hickman double confirmed it.
Just because it didn't go in depth, doesn't mean we ignore the part where they did actually go in depth.
Let's take an example close to your heart. Superman vs Superman in IC. Now in the main title, the battle with Kal-L, and homo never stated that reality was being effected from their punches. Does that mean that just a car was destroyed? Not if we go by tie-ins where we get explanations that reality was being sodomized. It's not a retcon, the IC comic wasn't wrong. Just that another comic went more into details and you Superman fellers are happier for it.
And the Hype example is like that (under the same writer too). We got a look at where Hype came from and why, and then we get an explanation of just wtf actually happens when an Earth starts ramming his dickhole into another Earth. It's actually a universe ramburgling another universe with Earth serving as its spirit guide.

That would be ignoring the Hype part. Everyone who's right (Team Right) knows he was referring to Hype.
Steve didn't fail either in the context of the question, as the question never talked about the gems exploding (like the universes Hype survived). The Gems didn't fail. Hype did. Simple pimple.

2 Earths that represented universes.

A massive twisting of words. You're ignoring that even if you're right (that the Earth is just an island in an ocean) that the universe would be directly behind it just like it would have been behind the Earth in the Cap case (if you're right). IE, it still equals out to a universe.

The only way it wouldn't have been a universe Hype was trying to fist into place, is if the universe jumped out of nowhere like a spooky ghost as soon as the planets touched. Which is wrong as per Cap pushing it away.

Now if you'll excuse me, this representation of Team Right has to beat off, another representative will be with you shortly.

It's obvious even you don't believe that chit and are just trolling.

I'll play along...

you are using 2 different comics but they both differentiated between universe and the earth.
According to Reed The Earth was visible, the universe not. clear distinction.
2 planets broke because hyperion tried to hold them apart, which resulted in them breaking. This caused a cascading affect to kill the universe.
But you rather take the words of the writer(unverified id) on twitter who was in all likelihood trolling. Just look at his responses, form the links you supplied.

1 - "he failed Gems didn't"
2 - "yes" <- LOL this is in reply to the dude who asked if he was missing something.. when after he said that hyperion survived 2 universes exploding on him. Sure enough he was missing something.

3 - "There you go" - to the same dude.

4 - "Those golden big boy pants."

Now how do these troll posts on twitter prove that the earth = universe?

Diesldude
Also this isn't the first time where universal destruction was prevented by preventing a collision of earth with another planet.

Superman has done this and prevented the destruction of the omniverse.

Dolos
Superman has done this and prevented the destruction of the omniverse.

thumb up

Refer also to COIE...ergo Superman Prime.

Mshinu
Prime speedblitzes Hype for a full minute. Punchpunchpunchpunchpunch...
Then as Prime looks as his broken hands Hyperion calmly tells him to go to his room and do his homework.

pym-ftw
thumb up
This whole thread

except Diesel

Diesldude
Originally posted by pym-ftw
thumb up
This whole thread

except Diesel

Ignorance is bliss, isn't it?

pym-ftw
You just perposed a paradox, and you don't know it?

So you would need to answer your own question

Dolos
You just perposed a paradox, and you don't know it?

So you would need to answer your own question

Perposed isn't a word, did you mean proposed?

He did not propose anything, he used a phrase. Ignorance is bliss, you meant to slander him...you should have said he made a fallacy, not 'perposed a paradox'. Being both ignorant and blissful is not paradoxical, in fact being unaware of the harmful truth can be quite blissful...

Diesldude

He did not propose anything, he used a phrase. Ignorance is bliss, you meant to slander him...you should have said he made a fallacy, not 'perposed a paradox'. Being both ignorant and blissful is not paradoxical, in fact being unaware of the harmful truth can be quite blissful...

Thank you, man, I couldn't have said it better myself. He's just disappointed that I exposed Hyperion's feat for what it really is.

pym-ftw

But bliss doesn't = ignorance

Ignorance doesn't cause bliss, the paradox is that
I am happy because I'm ignorant, but as I am ignorant I would be unable to know I am happy because of it .

A better saying would be I am happy because I'm naive

Grammar Nazi
laughing out loud

pym-ftw
He's just disappointed that I exposed Hyperion's feat for what it really is.
No the writer did, you don't agree with it...

Nibedicus

How is pushing apart 2 Earths less than bench pressing one Earth?

confused

Superman fan logic?

Dolos
If by happy we imply a lack of stress...then it is no paradox.

There ya go.

I never lie and I'm always right.

Dolos

confused

Superman fan logic?

Why is this illogic being attributed exclusively to fans of Superman? Is being illogical now somehow stereotypical to fans of Superman? Statistically, one Superman fan doesn't equal a trend. Speaking of phrases, I think I just made one. laughing out loud

Nibedicus
Why is this illogic being attributed exclusively to fans of Superman? Is being illogical now somehow stereotypical to fans of Superman? One fan's believe doesn't equal a trend. Speaking of phrases, I think I just made one. laughing out loud

Nah. Just saying that this piece of what may be illogical thinking (tho I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and allow him to explain his position) may stem from a biased view in "feat" interpretation w/c, in turn, was posted by Superman fan at this point of time.

Diesldude
But bliss doesn't = ignorance

Ignorance doesn't cause bliss, the paradox is that
I am happy because I'm ignorant, but as I am ignorant I would be unable to know I am happy because of it .

A better saying would be I am happy because I'm naive

Grammar Nazi
laughing out loud
You're a glutton for punishment, aren't you?

abhilegend

confused

Superman fan logic?
Is that even a strength showing? Hyperion's hands weren't even touching the planets. Hickman said this when asked about it

Nibedicus
Is that even a strength showing? Hyperion's hands weren't even touching the planets. Hickman said this when asked about it

It's a force of something showing. He held 2 planets back until they broke apart from the pressure of being held apart. Whether it be from stength or some kind of TK/force power is kinda irrelevant as they (bench pressing and keeping planets apart) are functionally the same (for the purposes of force resistance) . Also my concern was simply from the strange belief that 1 Earth > 2 Earths.

Diesldude

confused

Out of all my responses, you pick the one that was a reply to a silly post by mindset? Nice!! How about disproving my original post?
But I know you just pick and choose what you want to argue about. So you know what? I did say and I'll defend it.

Tell me how much you can bench.

Now divide that by 10, not 4 but 10. If you are confused, I'm making it easier for you. Try to bench that weight for 5 days straight without sweating more than a single drop. I hope that I cleared up your confusion.

Superman fan logic?

Nabisco, are you trying to crack a joke ? Do you really want to go down this road? Because, see my claim to a silly post did have logic behind it.

pym-ftw
No the writer did, you don't agree with it...
Diesel, ill assume you meant to quote this one

You realize world can refer to the universe right?

Diesldude

See more of those ambiguous half @ss answers

Batman-Prime
It's a force of something showing. He held 2 planets back until they broke apart from the pressure of being held apart. Whether it be from stength or some kind of TK/force power is kinda irrelevant as it was (for the purposes of force resistance) functionally the same. Also my concern was simply from the strange belief that 1 Earth > 2 Earths.

Still holding two world apart is only as good as lifting one world tbh. And Hyperion appears to have a hard time doing it. Prime on the other hand changed the center of the universe in a short time by moving planets around at high end speeds, planets bigger then earth and maybe even suns and that was before his GA amp. DCnU Superman bench pressed the weight of earth for 5 days without gaining strength from the sun, unlike Hyperion who was out in space. And he did it with ease, so it wasn't even his limit. FC Superman lifted infinity...

Till now FC Superman > Prime > DCnU Superman > Hyperion > Gladiator > WBH ^^

abhilegend
It's a force of something showing. He held 2 planets back until they broke apart from the pressure of being held apart. Whether it be from stength or some kind of TK/force power is kinda irrelevant as they (bench pressing and keeping planets apart) are functionally the same (for the purposes of force resistance) . Also my concern was simply from the strange belief that 1 Earth > 2 Earths.
I think it would be revealed as hyperion having some kind of artifact like IG of his own universe like cap. Its just too inconsistent for hyperion at this point.

Diesldude
Edit

-Pr-
Why is this illogic being attributed exclusively to fans of Superman? Is being illogical now somehow stereotypical to fans of Superman? Statistically, one Superman fan doesn't equal a trend. Speaking of phrases, I think I just made one. laughing out loud

Because the strongest supporters of the feat are, in general, people who want to make Superman look bad.

Either way, people are being horribly premature and OTT. It was the same with the earth benching feat.

pym-ftw
i hope so, Abhi

Diesldude
Diesel, ill assume you meant to quote this one

You realize world can refer to the universe right?

No I quoted the right post, just google the 2 phrases.

But, I'm glad you are now trying to discuss my post instead of trying to slander without provocation.
He used both the words (world and universe) differently in the same sentence. The worlds broke but the universes collapsed. Two different words with entirely different meaning. So I have to ask?
1- what broke
2- what collapsed?

He (Hyperion) was trying to keep the object that broke(not collapsed) but broke, from colliding with another object that broke.

pym-ftw
No I quoted the right post. just google both phrases. LOL.

But I'm glad you are now trying to discuss my post instead of trying to slander without provocation.
He used both the words (world and universe) differently in the same sentence. The worlds broke but the universes collapsed. Two different words with entirely different meaning. So I have to ask?
1- what broke
2- what collapsed?

He was trying to keep the object that broke(not collapsed) but broke, from colliding with another object that broke.
either way you look at it something was pushing these "worlds" together.

and these worlds crashing together destroyed two universes, shunting Hyperion to 616 reality...

now whether or not he was amped has not been said, so until it can really be stated it didn't happen under his own power its kinda a non issue...

Nibedicus
Out of all my responses, you pick the one that was a reply to a silly post by mindset? Nice!! How about disproving my original post?

But I know you just pick and choose what you want to argue about. So you know what? I did say and I'll defend it.

I call out poor logic when I see it. Why would I need to disprove your other posts when I'm not representing Hyperion in this debate?

You seriously need to get your head out of the whole "you need to argue all my points" or you're lame kinda attitude. Not everyone will adhere to that system that you're trying to impose on me.

Tell me how much you can bench.

Now divide that by 10, not 4 but 10. If you are confused, I'm making it easier for you. Try to bench that weight for 5 days straight without sweating more than a single drop. I hope that I cleared up your confusion.

Superhuman beings have superhuman stamina. Your attempt at a comparison is silly as no normal person (w/c I am) can bench anything for 5 days.

We're talking about Superhumans here. You want to know how silly it would look if I throw your bad logic back at you? Let me show you: A normal person can bench around, let's say 150 lbs for 10 reps w/ sweating a single sweat drop. Superman can bench 6,600,000,000,000,000,000,000 tons or 14,550,500,000,000,000,000,000,000 lbs. If his stamina is proportionate to his strength comparable to a human, then he must bench the planet at least 145,505,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 times. Let's say each rep takes half a second (while Superman has super speed, I doubt the machine would be able to survive if he started flailing it around at super speed). Which would mean he'd have to keep lifting for 2,306,966,641,298.83 years to make it even proportional. Now I could have missed a zero or 2 somewhere there (as counting all the zeroes is kinda annoying), but I'm sure you get the point.

What does this prove?
1) Superman stamina is not that much greater against humans as his strength is (comparably).
2) Comic logic should not be applied to real world scenarios.

You might wanna think about w/c of the 2 is more appropriate for this scenario. wink

Nabisco, are you trying to crack a joke ? Do you really want to go down this road? Because, see my claim to a silly post did have logic behind it.

Is name calling and being overall abrasive your only way of communicating with people (you don't see people calling you Dildodude, do you?)?

Diesldude
either way you look at it something was pushing these "worlds" together.

and these worlds crashing together destroyed two universes, shunting Hyperion to 616 reality...

now whether or not he was amped has not been said but until it can really be stated it didn't happen under his own power its kinda a non issue...

I agree, we don't know how much force was pushing the 2 worlds, but they have to be at least planetary level.
IMO the 2 universes colliding may very well be similar to 2 galaxies crashing into each other.

Lets say there is a planet from galaxy 1 and it is about to crash into a planet from galaxy 2. Hyperion is between them and is trying to keep them apart. While he is keeping the planets apart both the galaxies continue to merge. The natural movement or the force pushing the planets is enough to break them when they run into resistance Hyperion. He briefly halted the planets from crashing but they broke under the pressure from the force pushing them and Hyperion trying to keep them apart. The rest of the galaxy kept colliding. Hyperion's feat involved entire parallel universes which collapsed because 2 planets, earth in his case broke. The collapse could have been because the 2 planet shouldn't have touched or because earth in Marvel u is that important.

Superman saved the omnivers because be prevented a phantom planet from colliding with the earth. This is simar because dc earth is also important to dcu.

Nibedicus
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
Still holding two world apart is only as good as lifting one world tbh. And Hyperion appears to have a hard time doing it. Prime on the other hand changed the center of the universe in a short time by moving planets around at high end speeds, planets bigger then earth and maybe even suns and that was before his GA amp. DCnU Superman bench pressed the weight of earth for 5 days without gaining strength from the sun, unlike Hyperion who was out in space. And he did it with ease, so it wasn't even his limit. FC Superman lifted infinity...

Till now FC Superman > Prime > DCnU Superman > Hyperion > Gladiator > WBH ^^

I'm not really debating on Hyperion's strength vs Prime's as I also agree that Prime SHOULD be stronger than Hyperion based on power hierarchy (w/c I adhere to more than "feats"wink. Tho, I believe Hyperion's "feat" of surviving what may be enough force to nullify or unmake 2 universes is better than Prime surviving the Monarch explosion.

My issue is his belief that 1 Earth > 2 Earths. W/c is quite silly.

Yes, Superman did it for 5 days. Great stamina "feat" for him. But "ease" is subjective. There was effort there but we don't

Also, Hyperion kept them apart until they BOTH broke apart from the forces being applied to them. We didn't see his limits either. The Superman lifting "feat" certainly did not generate enough force to break apart the Earth he was on. Tho it was alluded to that more force would begin to break the planet apart IIRC.

Nibedicus
I think it would be revealed as hyperion having some kind of artifact like IG of his own universe like cap. Its just too inconsistent for hyperion at this point.

You might be right here. That, or I'm thinking that he was "strengthened by the powers/spirits/will of his friends who perished" or some such nonsense.

Tho, I have to ask, why is it ok for Superman to be able to lift the Earth but not Hyperion? Hm Abhi, hm?? stick out tongue

pym-ftw
I agree, we don't know how much force was pushing the 2 worlds, but they have to be at least planetary level.
IMO the 2 universes colliding may very well be similar to 2 galaxies crashing into each other.

Lets say there is a planet from galaxy 1 and it is about to crash into a planet from galaxy 2. Hyperion is between them and is trying to keep them apart. While he is keeping the planets apart both the galaxies continue to merge. The natural movement or the force pushing the planets is enough to break them when they run into resistance Hyperion. He briefly halted the planets from crashing but they broke under the pressure from the force pushing them and Hyperion trying to keep them apart. The rest of the galaxy kept colliding. Hyperion's feat involved entire parallel universes which collapsed because 2 planets, earth in his case broke. The collapse could have been because the 2 planet shouldn't have touched or because earth in Marvel u is that important.

Superman saves the omnivers because be prevented a phantom planet from colliding with the earth. This is simar because dc earth is also important to dcu.
i agree, but your attemping to lowball the feat

its such a abstract feat, and believe me i hope an ig or a CC caused this or else when it come time for him to fight thor we will get some incredibly stupid feats
(AvX)

but as of now the writer says he used world to mean universe.... sentence structure aside it is what it is

btw why do you keep bringing superman up in this? if you want hyperions feats to count for supermans then Gladiator should get pc supermans feats
and nobody but Carver9 wants that

Batman-Prime
I'm not really debating on Hyperion's strength vs Prime's as I also agree that Prime SHOULD be stronger than Hyperion based on power hierarchy (w/c I adhere to more than "feats"wink. Tho, I believe Hyperion's "feat" of surviving what may be enough force to nullify or unmake 2 universes is better than Prime surviving the Monarch explosion.

My issue is his belief that 1 Earth > 2 Earths. W/c is quite silly.

Yes, Superman did it for 5 days. Great stamina "feat" for him. But "ease" is subjective. There was effort there but we don't

Also, Hyperion kept them apart until they BOTH broke apart from the forces being applied to them. We didn't see his limits either. The Superman lifting "feat" certainly did not generate enough force to break apart the Earth he was on. Tho it was alluded to that more force would begin to break the planet apart IIRC.

(up)

Hyperion survived the "nullification" but it wasn't an explosion, it might have been that they simply stopped existing because they weren't supposed to share the same space, the universes collapsed which would imply that the force wasn't as violent as an explosion. He was between them and each collapsed into itself. A point blank universe explosion is still more impressive tbh.

Holding two planets apart is like standing on a planet and holding one up or lifting it. So this feat would be like 1 Planet.

Hyperion showed more effort and it was also a stamina feat then... ? And he just lost one drop of sweat, far more impressive, strength and stamina wise.
And let's not skip the Prime changing the center of the Universe in a short time with his bare hands thing.

So Superman surivied being in the center of two colliding planets too. Hyperion being more durable then the rock a planet is made of is undisputable. He was like the indestructible piece between two larger objects who, after some time, just broke on it. The chain reaction collapsed both universes. I can see it as a planetary strength, stamina and durability feat but not an Universal tbh.

Edit: It's like saying that Prime destroyed an Universe with his bare hands when all he did was simply desytroy the nexus point (the earth), which he did btw, and which proved fatal for the universe. Or when he tried to destroy OA. He isn't a Universe buster.

Nibedicus
(up)

Hyperion survived the "nullification" but it wasn't an explosion, it might have been that they simply stopped existing because they weren't supposed to share the same space, the universes collapsed which would imply that the force wasn't as violent as an explosion. He was between them and each collapsed into itself. A point blank universe explosion is still more impressive tbh.

Holding two planets apart is like standing on a planet and holding one up or lifting it. So this feat would be like 1 Planet.

Hyperion showed more effort and it was also a stamina feat then... ? And he just lost one drop of sweat, far more impressive, strength and stamina wise.
And let's not skip the Prime changing the center of the Universe in a short time with his bare hands thing.

So Superman surivied being in the center of two colliding planets too. Hyperion being more durable then the rock a planet is made of is undisputable. He was like the indestructible piece between two larger objects who, after some time, just broke on it. The chain reaction collapsed both universes. I can see it as a planetary strength, stamina and durability feat but not an Universal tbh.

Nullification would be a better "feat" IMO as he survived this nullification while the other abstracts, skyfathers, elder gods, heralds, trans in either universes did not. I mean the real "feat" here is his surviving. How come the other universe ceased existing but he did not? Shouldn't the same "nonexistence" phenomena affect him just as it affected everything else in both universes?

I disagree, he wasn't standing in one and holding up the other. He was literally keeping them apart via one arm each as per the art. This with little to no leverage on his part. I could literally bench press more weight than I can push apart via the positioning of his arms as I have decent leverage when I do benches.

What I'm saying is that the amount of time and the amount of sweat has little to nothing to do with strength. The effort, however, does. We know that Superman exerted some effort when lifting and that he lifted a planet's weight. But without going into a no-limits fallacy the ONLY thing that can be conclusively argued here is that he bench pressed one planet's weight.

bbrem123
Hyperion is above from shown feats and writers confirmation. People are reaching big time to keep superman top dog. Just be happy Hyperion represents Marvels Superman, even if he is superior.

Batman-Prime
^wrong.
Nullification would be a better "feat" IMO as he survived this nullification while the other abstracts, skyfathers, elder gods, heralds, trans in either universes did not. I mean the real "feat" here is his surviving. How come the other universe ceased existing but he did not? Shouldn't the same "nonexistence" phenomena affect him just as it affected everything else in both universes?

I disagree, he wasn't standing in one and holding up the other. He was literally keeping them apart via one arm each as per the art. This with little to no leverage on his part. I could literally bench press more weight than I can push apart via the positioning of his arms as I have decent leverage when I do benches.

What I'm saying is that the amount of time and the amount of sweat has little to nothing to do with strength. The effort, however, does. We know that Superman exerted some effort when lifting and that he lifted a planet's weight. But without going into a no-limits fallacy the ONLY thing that can be conclusively argued here is that he bench pressed one planet's weight.

Abstracts of a Universe are bound to that Universe, the heroes travel between them.
Depends on where he was and where the collapsing happened, left and right of him but not on him?

He wasn't pushing just holding an I can hold more weight then push or press. Especially if the same weight comes from left and right. So I still don't see it as the double of earths weight. If you happened to be indestructible I could try to squash you between tons and you wouldn't have a trouble being just there and holding those tons apart.

It has to do with strength as it wasn't even near his limit and he did it with ease. Even after 5 days without the sun which decreases his strenght significantly he did it without breaking a sweat, oh well just this one. So a depleted DCnU Superman can lift the earth with ease. Hyperion can hold two Planets apart. Prime can change the center of the Universe with his bare hands and FC Superman can lift infinity.

And yes, Hyperion and Glads are Marvels Superman but they are still "weaker" by feats. Only time will tell if one will grow stronger then DCnU, till now the best I can see is an equal in strength.

Rao Kal El
IMO

IF standing between two planets (with out any physical contact to those planets) and preventing a STATED CASCADE effect of a collapsing universe equals "lifting" two universes, then, there is a character who "lifted" the omniverse, by preventing a cascade effect also with out touching the planets.

Both cool feats, but lets just see them for what they are.

Planetary level feats preventing or failing to prevent cascade effects

bbrem123
both posts above ^ obvious fanboy denial

Rao Kal El
I'm cool with it as long as is a Superman clone doing the deed.

But the scan states cascade effect and you can't change that.

But tbh i have not read the issue, just seen the scan and the scan mentions cascade effect and that sounds to me...well, like cascade effect.

-Pr-
Until Hyperion gets more feats, there's very little to justify saying he would beat Prime imo.

Prime wins.

Nibedicus
Abstracts of a Universe are bound to that Universe, the heroes travel between them.
Depends on where he was and where the collapsing happened, left and right of him but not on him?

He wasn't pushing just holding an I can hold more weight then push or press. Especially if the same weight comes from left and right. So I still don't see it as the double of earths weight. If you happened to be indestructible I could try to squash you between tons and you wouldn't have a trouble being just there and holding those tons apart.

It has to do with strength as it wasn't even near his limit and he did it with ease. Even after 5 days without the sun which decreases his strenght significantly he did it without breaking a sweat, oh well just this one. So a depleted DCnU Superman can lift the earth with ease. Hyperion can hold two Planets apart. Prime can change the center of the Universe with his bare hands and FC Superman can lift infinity.

And yes, Hyperion and Glads are Marvels Superman but they are still "weaker" by feats. Only time will tell if one will grow stronger then DCnU, till now the best I can see is an equal in strength.

Not all abstracts are bound to their respective universes. Certainly not all skyfathers, trans and elder gods.

Positioning would be relevant if there was a sector of this "universe" that survived when everything went poof. Other than him, the entirety of the 2 universes were just gone, even empty space. And, unless alluded to by the comic, positioning is just a theory and has nothing to do (and shouldn't be used in debating) with the actual "feat" until a future issue says that it did.

I disagree here. But admittedly, it would be based on anecdotal evidence based on what I believe would be the case. But I kind of see your theory as the same. It would be great if we could find actual evidence online that supports that the weight a person can keep apart via each arm is more than what he can lift via bench press (like I said, I can bench 150 with 10 reps, around 120 with ease as my warmup weight and I don't really see myself keeping 150 lbs on each arm apart for long at all). Heck, via artwork, it looks like the way his arms were positioned, it would be like trying to keep the weight apart via your delts.

I'm keeping an open mind on the matter if you can link me to some instances wherein this is the case, however. Heck, if you let me lie on my side, raise one arm and put 150 lbs on it, I doubt I'd be able to keep that weight up for long at all if it doesn't just drop on me. I'll test this theory out at the gym (that is if they let me, lol) later when I get back. I'm off to Vegas with my gf for Valentine's so I'll prolly be able to debate with ye (via Iphone from 15 mins from now onwards, tho).

Unless it's inherently shown in a comic that DCnU Superman is "depleted" when separated from the sun for 5 days, the only that can be definitively proven here is that a) his solar storage can last for 5 days, b) he did it without exerting max effort.

bbrem123
Originally posted by -Pr-
Until Hyperion gets more feats, there's very little to justify saying he would beat Prime imo.

Prime wins. I'm looking forward to his future feats. He was telling Thor he was more powerful on our earth. Lets see were they go with that.

bbrem123
I'm cool with it as long as is a Superman clone doing the deed.

But the scan states cascade effect and you can't change that.

But tbh i have not read the issue, just seen the scan and the scan mentions cascade effect and that sounds to me...well, like cascade effect. It was confirmed by Hickman that he survived 2 universes exploding.

-Pr-
I'm looking forward to his future feats. He was telling Thor he was more powerful on our earth. Lets see were they go with that.

I hope it at the very least has some consistency.

It was confirmed by Hickman that he survived 2 universes exploding.

It's not enough to completely change the character's standing without giving us more.

Rao Kal El
I never try to deny that he could survive a 2 universe cascade effect destruction.

Is a fact that he survived the destruction of two universes, however this was a cascade effect not a clean cut vaporizing explosion.

This is the idea i got from what i read, which it seems to me that keeps him at his usual power level. Weather we might agree or not is a diferent story.

I will get the issue and read it, but so far for what i have seen. Is an nice feat cleverly worded to make it sound more than what it is. Imo anyway

Batman-Prime
Not all abstracts are bound to their respective universes. Certainly not all skyfathers, trans and elder gods.

Positioning would be relevant if there was a sector of this "universe" that survived when everything went poof. Other than him, the entirety of the 2 universes were just gone, even empty space. And, unless alluded to by the comic, positioning is just a theory and has nothing to do (and shouldn't be used in debating) with the actual "feat" until a future issue says that it did.

I disagree here. But admittedly, it would be based on anecdotal evidence based on what I believe would be the case. But I kind of see your theory as the same. It would be great if we could find actual evidence online that supports that the weight a person can keep apart via each arm is more than what he can lift via bench press (like I said, I can bench 150 with 10 reps, around 120 with ease as my warmup weight and I don't really see myself keeping 150 lbs on each arm apart for long at all). Heck, via artwork, it looks like the way his arms were positioned, it would be like trying to keep the weight apart via your delts.

I'm keeping an open mind on the matter if you can link me to some instances wherein this is the case, however. Heck, if you let me lie on my side, raise one arm and put 150 lbs on it, I doubt I'd be able to keep that weight up for long at all if it doesn't just drop on me. I'll test this theory out at the gym (that is if they let me, lol) later when I get back. I'm off to Vegas with my gf for Valentine's so I'll prolly be able to debate with ye (via Iphone from 15 mins from now onwards, tho).

Unless it's inherently shown in a comic that DCnU Superman is "depleted" when separated from the sun for 5 days, the only that can be definitively proven here is that a) his solar storage can last for 5 days, b) he did it without exerting max effort.

And we don't know how many existed there or if any, so it's rather vague.

They collapsed which left just this "space" he was floatin in.

I'm today at the gym. I just can't think of an exercise that would come near of supporting two weights on each sides without them falling down iow without gravitys pull. Though I know I can support far more weight then actually lift or press. Being in the center of two weights that you body can "endure" iow that won't crush you to death is kind of tricky, it should be far more then you bench press me thinks.

Nevermind, I will test it too, though differently ^^. Enjoy Vegas and all. ^^

Actually after that feat before he fought the Kryptonian dragon he needed to fly close to the sun to restore his energy, though he couldn't even fully restore it because of the attack.

bbrem123
Originally posted by -Pr-
I hope it at the very least has some consistency.

Not going to be surprised though if there is no consistency ha

bbrem123
I never try to deny that he could survive a 2 universe cascade effect destruction.

Is a fact that he survived the destruction of two universes, however this was a cascade effect not a clean cut vaporizing explosion.

This is the idea i got from what i read, which it seems to me that keeps him at his usual power level. Weather we might agree or not is a diferent story.

I will get the issue and read it, but so far for what i have seen. Is an nice feat cleverly worded to make it sound more than what it is. Imo anyway I can deal with that...they will have to explain the event further in future comics. Because that one depiction is clearly not enough.

Nibedicus
And we don't know how many existed there or if any, so it's rather vague.

They collapsed which left just this "space" he was floatin in.

I'm today at the gym. I just can't think of an exercise that would come near of supporting two weights on each sides without them falling down iow without gravitys pull. Though I know I can support far more weight then actually lift or press. Being in the center of two weights that you body can "endure" iow that won't crush you to death is kind of tricky, it should be far more then you bench press me thinks.

Nevermind, I will test it too, though differently ^^. Enjoy Vegas and all. ^^

Actually after that feat before he fought the Kryptonian dragon he needed to fly close to the sun to restore his energy, though he couldn't even fully restore it because of the attack.

Universes in the MU beyond the New Universe (where the Starbrand came from) tend to adhere to tbe basic rule of having abstracts/elder gods/skyfathers/etc. somewhere in their reality. For you assumption to be true, there has to be proof that the Universe Hyperion came from functions FAR differently than the other universes shown in Marvel thus far. And not only should that be true, but the same should also coincidentally apply to the OTHER universe that was present during said event. That would be a bit of a coincidental stretch, IMO.

All in all, the "feat" simply showed that Hyperion was far more durable than anything in his universe. We can argue what the limitations of that are, but I think we can agree on the primary statement. Hyperion >>> anything in said universes.

Space isn't white, tho. There should have been total darkness rather than simple "white" in the absence of stars in the universe. "White" space is usually symbolic of total annihilation in comic-speak (aka UN). Tho, admittedly, that is simply the interpretation of many artists/authors and not all.

I'm not sure the folks at the gym would take kindly to me lying on my side and keeping the 150lbs supported on one arm. Lol. If the weight doesn't fall down and kill me, I'd prolly need to find another gym if I tried it.

Anyway, pls don't attempt this at risk of injury. stick out tongue

Weren't people using the Kryptonian dragon as some sort of low showing for Superman (I know they were issues apart IIRC) ?

Edit. Well, I'm off to Vegas, man! Still have an hour and half drive to Phillie. I'll prolly post on my Iphone while still at the terminal, but it would prolly be short and have bad grammar/spelling (as typing anything on the Iphone sux).

Galan007

Is a fact that he survived the destruction of two universes, however this was a cascade effect not a clean cut vaporizing explosion. Those universes appear to have been nullified. All that remained of said universes were Hyperion, and a white/blank void(meaning even high-end abstracts, like Eternity, were erased at a conceptual level.) What's even more impressive is that Hype didn't just survive the event-- he survived completely uninjured. At any rate, I personally do not believe that the destruction occurring as a cascade effect diminishes the nullification-esque energies that Hype tanked. Why? Because the same type of destruction/nullification that occurred at the ends of those universes(the end of the 'cascade'), also occurred where Hype was(the incursion/origin point.) Just MO.

But like others have said: it is entirely possible that Hickman will 'expand' on Hype's universal feats in such a way that they become less impressive-- but judging by his comments on formspring, I doubt that will be the case. Imo, that haxxed feat is here to stay. /shrug

---

I also find it laughably stoopid when people(not you) try to use Hype's scuffle with Hulk as a low feat... This, again, is everything we were shown of their battle:
http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/15140079_Avengers_V5_003-Zone-010.jpg http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/15140080_Avengers_V5_003-Zone-013.jpg http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/15140081_Avengers_V5_003-Zone-015.jpg http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/15140082_Avengers_V5_003-Zone-017.jpg http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/15140083_Avengers_V5_003-Zone-018.jpg
(I cropped those panels from the rest of the pages to make it easier for everyone to view the Hulk/Hype battle exclusively.)

Anyway, Hulk struck Hype a few times(causing absolutely NO damage), and then Hype socked Hulk so hard that he reverted back to Banner. How in the world is that a low feat for Hype? How does that diminish his power levels in any way/shape/form?

-Pr-
it doesn't.

Galan007
thumb up

Mshinu
Has Carver denounced Gladiator and embraced Hyperion "because he is such a great character" yet? Bound to happen.

LordofBrooklyn
Prime punches Hyperion back to the nothingness of his dead universe.

Come to me unbelievers!

abhilegend
Originally posted by Galan007
Those universes appear to have been nullified. All that remained of said universes were Hyperion, and a white/blank void(meaning even high-end abstracts, like Eternity, were erased at a conceptual level.) What's even more impressive is that Hype didn't just survive the event-- he survived completely uninjured. At any rate, I personally do not believe that the destruction occurring as a cascade effect diminishes the nullification-esque energies that Hype tanked. Why? Because the same type of destruction/nullification that occurred at the ends of those universes(the end of the 'cascade'), also occurred where Hype was(the incursion/origin point.) Just MO.

But like others have said: it is entirely possible that Hickman will 'expand' on Hype's universal feats in such a way that they become less impressive-- but judging by his comments on formspring, I doubt that will be the case. Imo, that haxxed feat is here to stay. /shrug

---

I also find it laughably stoopid when people(not you) try to use Hype's scuffle with Hulk as a low feat... This, again, is everything we were shown of their battle:
http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/15140079_Avengers_V5_003-Zone-010.jpg http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/15140080_Avengers_V5_003-Zone-013.jpg http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/15140081_Avengers_V5_003-Zone-015.jpg http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/15140082_Avengers_V5_003-Zone-017.jpg http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/15140083_Avengers_V5_003-Zone-018.jpg
(I cropped those panels from the rest of the pages to make it easier for everyone to view the Hulk/Hype battle exclusively.)

Anyway, Hulk struck Hype a few times(causing absolutely NO damage), and then Hype socked Hulk so hard that he reverted back to Banner. How in the world is that a low feat for Hype? How does that diminish his power levels in any way/shape/form?
Hulk reverted to banner due to being out of mind-control, not due to hyperion's punches.

http://www.formspring.me/JonathanHickman/q/418643308298918749

He also said hulk was stronger than hyperion.

http://forums.comicbookresources.com/showthread.php?434524-Avengers-Jonathan-Hickman-Q-A&p=16244371&viewfull=1#post16244371

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j414/TheHalk/HickmanontheStrongestAvenger-Cropped_zps6e3cd7da.jpg

Its really inconsistent with how he is portraying hyperion.

Zack Fair
Hulk reverted to banner due to being out of mind-control, not due to hyperion's punches.

http://forums.comicbookresources.com/showthread.php?434524-Avengers-Jonathan-Hickman-Q-A&p=16244371&viewfull=1#post16244371

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j414/TheHalk/HickmanontheStrongestAvenger-Cropped_zps6e3cd7da.jpg

Its really inconsistent with how he is portraying hyperion. thumb up

Galan007

Its really inconsistent with how he is portraying hyperion. This has nothing to do with anything I said. srsly

People were trying to use that scuffle as a low showing for Hyperion. It clearly wasn't. That was my only point.

Mindset
Just give me the word, Galan, and I will phuck him up.

I bet he doesn't even lift.

abhilegend
This has nothing to do with anything I said. srsly

People were trying to use that scuffle as a low showing for Hyperion. It clearly wasn't. That was my only point.
I know. Its just that he seems around thor level in strength by one issue and around IG level by another. Its quite inconsistent IMO.

Sundipped
Ok so now Hickman says that Hulk is the strongest. Stronger than Hype who ambiguously pushed 2 universes?

I swear, with Hickman you have to wait until arcs are completely over and done with. I mean, with all the conflicting responses he's given, it's hard to make any sense of it all. erm

abhilegend
Ok so now Hickman says that Hulk is the strongest. Stronger than Hype who ambiguously pushed 2 universes?

I swear, with Hickman you have to wait until arcs are completely over and done with. I mean, with all the conflicting responses he's given, it's hard to make any sense of it all. erm
Not to mention IG broke down in a similar situation.

Galan007
I know. Its just that he seems around thor level in strength by one issue and around IG level by another. Its quite inconsistent IMO. I see what you're saying. Chalk it up to a haxxed feat--- most characters have them. stick out tongue

He also said hulk was stronger than hyperion. Question:"Out of all the revealed members of your Avengers who is the overall strongest? Hyperion? Captain Universe?"

I personally think it's clear that this person is asking who the most powerful member of the Avengers is--- as Captain Universe typically isn't quantified by physical strength(which is how you seem to have taken that question.)

Answer: "Isn't it locked in that Hulk is the strongest, full stop?"

Hickman answered that dude's question with another question... A great way to avoid the initial question all together. ie. Hickman didn't properly answer anything. Aside from that, I think it's pretty obvious that Hulk certainly isn't more powerful than CU. But like I've said before: only time will tell. /shrug

Galan007
Just give me the word, Galan, and I will phuck him up.

I bet he doesn't even lift. http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/15140301_3q6qa8.jpg

carver9

Hickman doesn't believe there is a single character stronger than Hulk along with other writers, so I don't see the issue with his statement (even though Hyperion should be able to murder Hulk in a fight).

Diesldude

Is name calling and being overall abrasive your only way of communicating with people (you don't see people calling you Dildodude, do you?)?

Since you are on your way to Vegas, you probably won't be able to respond as much, so there is no point in continuing this pissing contest.
But Dildodude? C'mon that's how you respond to Nabisco? LOL you would have walked into a world of hurt with this one.
I could have taken this anywhere, but I won't because like I said before no point in continuing back and forth this name calling and I'm getting this out first.

I call out poor logic when I see it. Why would I need to disprove your other posts when I'm not representing Hyperion in this debate?

Since you are not representing Hyperion, my opposing side, what you really did was derail this thread.

Of all the previous posts in this thread, you choose,

This means that you agree with my interpretation of the strength feat, or you are going out of your way to find fault in my posting to what goal? IDK, but why get involved when you aren't representing the opposing side? Faulty logic? I think not, re read my post please, I stated my opinion. If you disagree with this and you wish to derail this thread, just say it, state your opinion, back it up if you wish, but don't make snide superman fan logic bias cr@p especially when you weren't involved with the original discussion.

You seriously need to get your head out of the whole "you need to argue all my points" or you're lame kinda attitude. Not everyone will adhere to that system that you're trying to impose on me.

No one is imposing anything on you, but if you want to discuss/scrutinize irrelevant comments and derail threads, that's on you.

Superhuman beings have superhuman stamina. Your attempt at a comparison is silly as no normal person (w/c I am) can bench anything for 5 days.

We're talking about Superhumans here. You want to know how silly it would look if I throw your bad logic back at you? Let me show you: A normal person can bench around, let's say 150 lbs for 10 reps w/ sweating a single sweat drop. Superman can bench 6,600,000,000,000,000,000,000 tons or 14,550,500,000,000,000,000,000,000 lbs. If his stamina is proportionate to his strength comparable to a human, then he must bench the planet at least 145,505,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 times. Let's say each rep takes half a second (while Superman has super speed, I doubt the machine would be able to survive if he started flailing it around at super speed). Which would mean he'd have to keep lifting for 2,306,966,641,298.83 years to make it even proportional. Now I could have missed a zero or 2 somewhere there (as counting all the zeroes is kinda annoying), but I'm sure you get the point.

What does this prove?
1) Superman stamina is not that much greater against humans as his strength is (comparably).
2) Comic logic should not be applied to real world scenarios.

You might wanna think about w/c of the 2 is more appropriate for this scenario. wink

I hope you didn't spend a lot of time coming up with these numbers.

The feat I postulated on was superman benching earth weight non stop for 5 days. How does one cap his strength based on this because there is no mention of a 1 rep max. I hope you know what that is.

Since we don't know superman's max based on the bench press feat, we can't put a limit to his strength level, I 'm not saying he has infinite strength just saying that there is no way to cap his strength based on this feat.

Superman was benching 6.5 sextillion tons for 5 days straight, this shows how easy it was for him. You try 1/10 of your max and you may based on your conditioning, go 5 minutes without sweating.

So in all likelihood superman could have benched 10 times what he was benching in that feat.

All this is really irrelevant and unrelated to the topic. I stated my opinion and you called me out on it as being illogical and biased. All I did here was explain my opinion and the logic behind my thinking. And it should be clear that this was no superman fan logic bias even though it was in reply to an obvious bait post.

Anyways, just wanted to straighten this out and I know you probably wont be able to post, but if you want to continue this feat discussion when you get back, let me know. So have fun in Vegas, check out TAO, I have a friend who is a club promoter and he hooked me up some hot chicks the last time I went down there LOL

abhilegend
I see what you're saying. Chalk it up to a haxxed feat--- most characters have them. stick out tongue

Fair enough.

Like sundipped said and I'm saying for awhile, we should wait for some more explanations.

Mindset
http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/15140301_3q6qa8.jpg http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/24800000/ACO-Gifs-a-clockwork-orange-24887973-399-236.gif

Diesldude

I will get the issue and read it, but so far for what i have seen. Is an nice feat cleverly worded to make it sound more than what it is. Imo anyway

I agree with this, even- though hyperion has shown insane durability, he survived for a reason, maybe his location when the universe collapsed? who knows, but I can see where Galan is coming from too. That hyperion survived a nullification unscratched and did to the Hulk what Zeus himself amped and all couldn't do.

Diesldude

Some of hickman's responses were bordering on trolling the questioner. That's why I went by the dialogue in the comic instead of his answers to implied feats by his twitter followers (no insult intended).

Galan007
^ Some of Hickman's questions are better answered than others. Given that this event is still very new, and FAR from over, he's being overtly cautious as to not give away too much info regarding future events/portrayals... As any writer would do.

That said, when asked who the strongest Avenger was, he responded with another question. Two questions do not make a legitimate/reliable answer. Just saying.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>