What will Sidious do with Maul?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mnat801
Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas for what might happen to Maul? Will Anakin have a chance at him? Would Maul try to kill Dooku? What about Kenobi?

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by mnat801
Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas for what might happen to Maul? Will Anakin have a chance at him? Would Maul try to kill Dooku? What about Kenobi?

Well what Sidious is going to use Maul for will be different to what Maul's intentions will be.

He will still be out to prove he's a more worthy apprentice than Dooku. And if he finds out about Dooku's replacement-Anakin, then we can be sure there will be a clash there too.

We still have to find out what the whole deal with Mother Talzin is. What's she after?

Vensai
Yeah, I am personally hoping Sidious pits Maul against Dooku to see who's stronger. I would predict that Maul puts up a fight before going down.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Vensai
Yeah, I am personally hoping Sidious pits Maul against Dooku to see who's stronger. I would predict that Maul puts up a fight before going down.

I'm hoping Anakin takes him down. Would add to the whole "Destroying the Sith," and really he's the top dog to fight if Maul wants to be Sidious's apprentice as Sidious is just using Dooku.

-Pr-

That's what I want to see, tbh.

mnat801
I would like to see Maul vs Anakin as well, but personally it would be good for Maul's final duel to be against Kenobi, since the rivalry between them is huge.

-Pr-
Actually I take back what I said.

Ideally, I would like to see Obi-Wan fight Maul, and beat him, and Anakin is forced to watch as Obi-Wan, consumed by his anger and his pain, murders him in cold blood out of revenge for what Maul did to Satine.

This makes Anakin question himself, and adds to Obi-Wan's guilt that we eventually see take hold in ROTS.

Emi~Kiro
Originally posted by -Pr-

Ideally, I would like to see Obi-Wan fight Maul, and beat him, and Anakin is forced to watch as Obi-Wan, consumed by his anger and his pain, murders him in cold blood out of revenge for what Maul did to Satine.

This makes Anakin question himself, and adds to Obi-Wan's guilt that we eventually see take hold in ROTS.

Don't forget revenge for Qui-Gon Jinn. Maul having both those people on his kill list make for enough to break Obi-Wan and hopefully further set a horrible example for soon to be vader. For Mauls life to be taken by anyone else is a crime. :3

mnat801
Originally posted by Emi~Kiro
Don't forget revenge for Qui-Gon Jinn. Maul having both those people on his kill list make for enough to break Obi-Wan and hopefully further set a horrible example for soon to be vader. For Mauls life to be taken by anyone else is a crime. :3 Yeah, after everything he's done to Obi Wan, he better not be killed by someone else.

Vensai

It would be cool if Maul taunts Kenobi like in Revenge. But this time Kenobi calmly uses his anger to stomp Maul and kill him. That would cause him a lot of angst.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Emi~Kiro
Don't forget revenge for Qui-Gon Jinn. Maul having both those people on his kill list make for enough to break Obi-Wan and hopefully further set a horrible example for soon to be vader. For Mauls life to be taken by anyone else is a crime. :3

It would be cool if Maul taunts Kenobi like in Revenge. But this time Kenobi calmly uses his anger to stomp Maul and kill him. That would cause him a lot of angst.

Yep. Kenobi's always played the "am I good enough to instruct the chosen one" angle very well, and this would just give him more ammunition.

Vensai
After TFU, I wouldn't be surprised if Sidious tried to clone Maul...

DARTH POWER

Yeah but the whole point is that Obi-Wan wouldn't do that. That's what Maul wanted, to destroy his soul and corrupt his morals. But Obi-Wan made it clear Maul will never be able to destroy that.

That's what differentiates Obi-Wan from Anakin. Obi-Wan would more likely just swallow his misery (living alone on a tatooine dessert for the rest of his life).

I personally think it would be kind of lame to bring Maul back and then just have him killed by Obi-Wan again. I'm hoping for a battle for the best Sith Apprentice. So Maul vs Dooku or Maul vs Anakin.

Maul should at least go down at the hands of someone really hardcore this time. Besides there's already been too much of Obi-Wan vs Maul since he came back Imo.

-Pr-
I think Obi-Wan could be pushed to do it; he'd just realise how wrong he was after. So I disagree.

I know you don't like Obi-Wan, but Maul is his nemesis and vice versa stick out tongue

DARTH POWER
I think Obi-Wan could be pushed to do it; he'd just realise how wrong he was after. So I disagree.

I know you don't like Obi-Wan, but Maul is his nemesis and vice versa stick out tongue

Yeah I get that. And I'm sure Obi-Wan will be involved in some way. I just wouldn't like the entire memory of Maul's return be Maul vs Kenobi.

Oh and I'm not against Obi-Wan. I was one of the very few arguing against the notion that Kit Fisto = Kenobi in combat on the versus thread

-Pr-
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Yeah I get that. And I'm sure Obi-Wan will be involved in some way. I just wouldn't like the entire memory of Maul's return be Maul vs Kenobi.

Oh and I'm not against Obi-Wan. I was one of the very few arguing against the notion that Kit Fisto = Kenobi in combat on the versus thread

I don't think it has to be; I'm just talking about their final confrontation. Maul has already done plenty to distance himself from that, I feel.

I was kidding, but what? People actually said that? Based on what?

DARTH POWER

Oh don't ask.

The logic was Fisto beat Grievous without getting kicked. And Grievous has kicked Obi-Wan couple of times.

There's also a novel "Cestus Deception" (which takes place shortly after AOTC) where Ventress beats them both, but Fisto did better than Kenobi at that time.

-Pr-
I read Cestus Deception, and I never got that impression. Oh well.

Vensai
I read Cestus Deception, and I never got that impression. Oh well.

It was early AOTC Kenobi anyway. He improved though.

-Pr-
That too.

mnat801
Does anyone think this "bonus content" will definitely include Maul's final showdown? It'll be pretty annoying if they don't.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by mnat801
Does anyone think this "bonus content" will definitely include Maul's final showdown? It'll be pretty annoying if they don't.

IIRC they said they're still in production the final material. So I'm hoping if Maul's final showdown wasn't already done that they will be finishing that as we speak.

DARTH POWER
It was early AOTC Kenobi anyway. He improved though.

Well yeah he defeated Ventress as early as the CW Movie.

The_Tempest

The fact that Kit trashed Grievous in their first encounter to a degree not replicated by Obi-Wan until ROTS. Even as late as season 5, Grievous is giving Obi-Wan utter hell in single combat.

Additionally, Kit was one of the Temple's "celebrated swordmasters," was of similar rank and station (Council Master), and the spiel from The Cestus Deception where Obi-Wan aggressively fellates Kit for his skill.

TCD takes place a year after AOTC. The early episodes of TCW, on the other hand, take place "mere months" after AOTC per Leland Chee's Chronicling the Clone Wars.

DARTH POWER
Just so people are aware the time periods of the novels taken place during TCW have been revamped since TCW Series.

Dark Rendezvous for instance was originally set to take place only 6 months before ROTS.

But it now has to be revamped to before Ventress was betrayed by Dooku which was around Mid CW era according to Dave Filoni.

Cestus Deception will be revamped to very very early CW period. Like literally a few weeks after AOTC. It actually likely refers to one of the times Leeland Chee mentions Obi-Wan has already encountered Ventress before TCW Movie:

http://starwarsblog.starwars.com/index.php/2012/09/14/chronicling-the-clone-wars/

The_Tempest
http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc520/G1d3on91/Memes/600full-misery-screenshot_zpsdd1c8a9f.jpg

Galan007
Originally posted by The_Tempest
The fact that Kit trashed Grievous in their first encounter to a degree not replicated by Obi-Wan until ROTS. Even as late as season 5, Grievous is giving Obi-Wan utter hell in single combat.

Additionally, Kit was one of the Temple's "celebrated swordmasters," was of similar rank and station (Council Master), and the spiel from The Cestus Deception where Obi-Wan aggressively fellates Kit for his skill. thumb up

Hence Obi-Wan, an amazing swordsman in his own right, listing Kit as "one of the greatest swordsmen the Order has ever produced."

DARTH POWER
Just so people are aware the time periods of the novels taken place during TCW have been revamped since TCW Series.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by Galan007
thumb up

Hence Obi-Wan, an amazing swordsman in his own right, listing Kit as "one of the greatest swordsmen the Order has ever produced."

Sounds right to me.

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc520/G1d3on91/Memes/600full-misery-screenshot_zpsdd1c8a9f.jpg

Galan007
Hope you're not directing this repost at me, as the quote I posted was taken directly from the RotS novelization-- and I know what time period that takes place in. smile

DARTH POWER
Funny you would think if I was truly on someone's Ignore List, they wouldn't even be reading my comments let alone directly addressing me.

Galan007
The phuck are you talking about?

Vensai

Additionally, Kit was one of the Temple's "celebrated swordmasters," was of similar rank and station (Council Master), and the spiel from The Cestus Deception where Obi-Wan aggressively fellates Kit for his skill.

TCD takes place a year after AOTC. The early episodes of TCW, on the other hand, take place "mere months" after AOTC per Leland Chee's Chronicling the Clone Wars.

Grievous seemed to have improved through to ROTS. He went from losing to Fisto to stalemating Windu in sabers.

The_Tempest
Grievous seemed to have improved through to ROTS. He went from losing to Fisto to stalemating Windu in sabers.

I'm sure Grievous's skill improved. But LOE was written prior to Lucas's alterations to the character. Lucas, TCW, and Filoni make it abundantly clear that Grievous is no match for the big boys and that includes Mace.

Galan007
Grievous wasn't a match for Mace-- he just wasn't killed in the few seconds they fought. Tbh, I think Mace was caught off guard more than anything, as he clearly didn't know that GG was capable of mimicking advanced/unique lightsaber styles, like his own Vaapad, on the fly.

Vensai
Grievous wasn't a match for Mace-- he just wasn't killed in the few seconds they fought. Tbh, I think Mace was caught off guard more than anything, as he clearly didn't know that GG was capable of mimicking advanced/unique lightsaber styles, like his own Vaapad, on the fly.

Since Grievous using two sabers hadn't been exposed to Vaapad yet, Wouldn't that be more grievous getting caught off guard and adapting? Regardless, Im not trying to prove that GG is maces equal only that he improved.

Galan007
^ Nothing indicated that Grievous was caught off guard by Vaapad, whereas Mace decided to swiftly end the battle via other, more hands-off means, immediately after GG copied his technique.

Regardless, I know what you're saying. thumb up

-Pr-

I'd read about Kit's status, though I don't think complimenting someone automatically means they're better than you.

Yes, Fisto did well against Grievous, but I have a hard time believing he'd be > CW/ROTS Obi-Wan, given Obi-Wan's feats.

That, and they can't really have Obi-Wan beating Grievous in CW, as Grievous has to survive until ROTS.

I dunno, I mean, I guess I can see why you and others think Fisto is superior; I just don't agree.

Vensai
I'd read about Kit's status, though I don't think complimenting someone automatically means they're better than you.

Yes, Fisto did well against Grievous, but I have a hard time believing he'd be > CW/ROTS Obi-Wan, given Obi-Wan's feats.

That, and they can't really have Obi-Wan beating Grievous in CW, as Grievous has to survive until ROTS.

I dunno, I mean, I guess I can see why you and others think Fisto is superior; I just don't agree.

Eh, the Clone Wars has really messed up some places in the powerscale. Since Filoni stated that Savage Opress did better than Fisto, Tiin, and Kolar combined against Sidious, I really doubt Fisto's one jarkai feat makes him equal to even CW Kenobi.

Galan007
Eh, the Clone Wars has really messed up some places in the powerscale. Since Filoni stated that Savage Opress did better than Fisto, Tiin, and Kolar combined against Sidious, I really doubt Fisto's one jarkai feat makes him equal to even CW Kenobi. He really said that? What a tard. Meh, I guess in terms of how long they lasted, Savage did do better.

However, the argument can be made that Palpatine's demeanor during those two fights was completely different. Against Savage and Maul, Palpatine appeared to be toying with them-- he was literally chuckling the entire time. Against the Jedi team, however, Palpatine was deadly serious and immediately went for killing strikes. Had Palps possessed the latter demeanor against the brothers, they(Savage for sure) likely would have met just as swift(if not swifter) of an end.

The_Tempest
No, but Obi-Wan flat out confirms that Kit is the superior duelist after sparring with him for better than two hours.

Obi-Wan has more feats courtesy of his exponentially greater exposure. But one is not a better fighter by simply being a main character. Kit's few feats, accolades, and station are sufficient to place him on par with Obi-Wan.

Well, they can't have Obi-Wan kill Grievous, but beating him is something else entirely. And the fact is that while Obi-Wan does perform well against the general, Kit did even better until ROTS.

You don't have to. But I didn't try to measure them comparatively with any degree of exactitude. I just think they're on par.

Vensai
He really said that? What a tard. Meh, I guess in terms of how long they lasted, Savage did do better.

However, the argument can be made that Palpatine's demeanor during those two fights was completely different. Against Savage and Maul, Palpatine appeared to be toying with them-- he was literally chuckling the entire time. Against the Jedi team, however, Palpatine was deadly serious and immediately went for killing strikes. Had Palps possessed the latter demeanor against the brothers, they(Savage for sure) likely would have met just as swift(if not swifter) of an end.

You're right, it's ambiguous how seriously Sidious was taking the fight. Still, if the producer said Savage did better than the 3 jedi combined (and doesn't contradict GL), he seems to be implying that Savage is at least a better fighter than each individually.

The_Tempest
You're right, it's ambiguous how seriously Sidious was taking the fight. Still, if the producer said Savage did better than the 3 jedi combined (and doesn't contradict GL), he seems to be implying that Savage is at least a better fighter than each individually.

Not really. "The Wrong Jedi" is a great study in that; Anakin dispensed with Ventress rather handily when confronting her in the lower levels. Barris gave him hell throughout their final duel. But, joking aside, Barris is a padawan and would be mincemeat for Anakin or Ventress in an actual fight to the death. A better performance does not necessarily make one the better performer, if that makes sense.

Savage is definitely a threat to Council Masters, though: he defeated Adi Gallia, held his own against Ventress, and frustrated Anakin and Obi-Wan in season 3.

-Pr-
No, but Obi-Wan flat out confirms that Kit is the superior duelist after sparring with him for better than two hours.

Obi-Wan has more feats courtesy of his exponentially greater exposure. But one is not a better fighter by simply being a main character. Kit's few feats, accolades, and station are sufficient to place him on par with Obi-Wan.

Well, they can't have Obi-Wan kill Grievous, but beating him is something else entirely. And the fact is that while Obi-Wan does perform well against the general, Kit did even better until ROTS.

You don't have to. But I didn't try to measure them comparatively with any degree of exactitude. I just think they're on par.

I need to re-read the book then. Though I would contend that there's a difference between AOTC Obi-Wan, and how he was in CW and ROTS.

I feel his feats aren't just more numerous, they're better.

CW isn't over yet, you know. stick out tongue

On par, I could see, I guess.

Vensai
Not really. "The Wrong Jedi" is a great study in that; Anakin dispensed with Ventress rather handily when confronting her in the lower levels. Barris gave him hell throughout their final duel. But, joking aside, Barris is a padawan and would be mincemeat for Anakin or Ventress in an actual fight to the death. A better performance does not necessarily make one the better performer, if that makes sense.

Savage is definitely a threat to Council Masters, though: he defeated Adi Gallia, held his own against Ventress, and frustrated Anakin and Obi-Wan in season 3.

I thought Anakin was trying to nonfatally stop Barriss since he needed her testimony to free Ahsoka. And Ventress had not sabers. She was doomed to go down quickly.

-Pr-
I thought Anakin was trying to nonfatally stop Barriss since he needed her testimony to free Ahsoka.

That was the impression I got also.

The_Tempest
I thought Anakin was trying to nonfatally stop Barriss since he needed her testimony to free Ahsoka. And Ventress had not sabers. She was doomed to go down quickly.

That's how I justify her insanely brilliant display against Anakin as well (though he was pretty pissed off).

But that's my point: if Sidious were taking it easy on Savage (as Anakin did with Barriss), that doesn't mean Savage/Barriss is better than someone whom Sidious didn't go easy on simply by virtue of the fact that they lasted longer.

Galan007
But that's my point: if Sidious were taking it easy on Savage (as Anakin did with Barriss), that doesn't mean Savage/Barriss is better than someone whom Sidious didn't go easy on simply by virtue of the fact that they lasted longer. Dats wat meesa sayin teu!

The_Tempest
lol u cray

DARTH POWER

I feel his feats aren't just more numerous, they're better.

CW isn't over yet, you know. stick out tongue

On par, I could see, I guess.

His feat of taking on Maul and Opress together is clearly beyond Fisto Imo.

I doubt he will have a better feat than that in upcoming episodes.

And even if we say that was a peak performance, fact is he was easily on par with Maul in their one on one.

For anyone to believe Fisto is in any kind of league to contend with either Maul or Opress, when he got battered by Ventress near AOTC time and even by ROTS was in no league to fight Sidious with a much more powerful ally at his side than either Maul/Opress had is beyond me.

And why? Because he beat Grievous? Big Woop.

He really said that? What a tard. Meh, I guess in terms of how long they lasted, Savage did do better.

If the Director of the show said that then he obviously thinks it's a comparable situation.

If Sidious was playing so much surely the Director should be aware of that, and hence not make an irrelevant comparison.

Also Palpatine was chuckling loads against Yoda too.

DARTH POWER

According to the official site Skywalker was battering through Barriss's defenses and she was running from him the whole time.

So ultimately she was no match for him at all.

Given that and the fact that no one official has made the comparison that Barriss did better against Anakin than Ventress did, it's really a completely moot point to discuss.

Vensai
According to the official site Skywalker was battering through Barriss's defenses and she was running from him the whole time.

So ultimately she was no match for him at all.

Given that and the fact that no one official has made the comparison that Barriss did better against Anakin than Ventress did, it's really a completely moot point to discuss.

Maybe Sidious will recruit Barriss as the new Ventress laughing out loud

mnat801
Okay so now that the bonus content doesn't have the rest of Maul's story, I'm hoping for something in Rebels.

But it seems unlikely due to Rebels having a totally different storyline involved with different characters, and the only possible alternative are the standalone films, and that is even more unlikely.

So I'm hoping for a end to this or I'll be treating the clone wars as non canon. Only because I don't like the idea of Maul being alive somewhere in the universe. lol

Galan007
^ Maul's story will be concluded in the upcoming comic series Darth Maul: Son of Dathomir.

...The comic series will be just as canon as TCW, btw.

mnat801
^ Maul's story will be concluded in the upcoming comic series Darth Maul: Son of Dathomir.

...The comic series will be just as canon as TCW, btw. Oh true. Better than nothing I guess. But really Lucas should have made his $4 billion deal with disney AFTER the Clone Wars had finished.

PTforthewin
Use him for sexual purposes

Syndicate
He's already done that :P Also the new comic story arc for Maul SoD concludes his story and there is a screen shot of him capturing Dooku so it should be good. Hopefully we also learn how he escaped from Sidious.

DARTH POWER
Sounds like Maul's going to be pretty bad ass in SOD. Can't wait.

Slight Spoilers-

He's getting together his mandalorian army in issue 1, and going after Count Dooku and General Grievous in issue 2:

http://www.darkhorse.com/Comics/24-765/Star-Wars-Darth-Maul-Son-of-Dathomir-1

http://www.darkhorse.com/Comics/24-766/Star-Wars-Darth-Maul-Son-of-Dathomir-2

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Syndicate
Also the new comic story arc for Maul SoD concludes his story and there is a screen shot of him capturing Dooku so it should be good.

Yep:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_Darth_Maul%E2%80%94Son_of_Dathomir_3?file=SonOfDathomir3.jpg

Syndicate
So excited. big grin big grin big grin

Galan007
Darth Maul: Son of Dathomir, FCBD preview:

http://i.imgur.com/0oJHCLl.jpg
http://imgur.com/YmEAdxR
http://imgur.com/gVcDGvi
http://imgur.com/yS7265k
http://imgur.com/zU0b2PW
http://imgur.com/oxUcyYz
http://imgur.com/0ICxKtY
http://imgur.com/Lp7d0CW
http://imgur.com/Gx4Ljx9

Looks promising. thumb up

...Hopefully that's not the last we've seen of Maul vs. Dooku.

DARTH POWER

...Hopefully that's not the last we've seen of Maul vs. Dooku.

Well he does go after him in the second issue and successfully captures him with the aid of his army.

Can't wait for this series, and really curious to know Maul's fate. And if he dies, whose the one who gets to kill him.

Edit- Also nice to see TCW Dooku looking more like he always has done in Clone War comics, instead of just copying TCW Animation style.

Vensai
Seriously, I would have thought Dooku would possess better security...

Galan007
I want Dooku vs. Maul. Nothing else will satiate me. sneer

DARTH POWER
I want Dooku vs. Maul. Nothing else will satiate me. sneer

You already want Maul to die?

But seriously, realistically Maul's still not as powerful as Dooku. Another couple of decades of training, then maybe. But in the mean time I don't want some PIS fight, where Maul who so far can't even take Kenobi is suddenly a match for Dooku.

That would suck.

And I actually love Maul and Dooku so would love to see them go at it as a fanboy... But after what we've seen so far I do think it would be a disservice to Dooku's power level (although it would be a great feat for Maul even if he loses).

Galan007
I'm talking about the final issue--I want Dooku vs. Maul to be the headliner. A battle for the title of most worthy Sith apprentice.

And Maul can most certainly contend with Dooku, judging by his performance against Palpatine in the wake of Savage's death. thumb up

-Pr-
That looks awesome. I can't wait to see more.

lol @ should we follow them.

DARTH POWER
I'm talking about the final issue--I want Dooku vs. Maul to be the headliner. A battle for the title of most worthy Sith apprentice.

Yeah that would be good, especially when we know Dooku would have to win, but it won't stop Maul going down as a bad ass thumb up

The_Tempest
http://i.newsarama.com/images/i/000/129/201/i300/SWDarthMaulDathomir_4.jpg

Looks like Sidious vs. Talzin is going to be a reality after all.

Galan007
I hope Palps utterly crushes her. thumb up

Also, that's an interesting saber Maul's got there.

Lord Stark
http://i.newsarama.com/images/i/000/129/201/i300/SWDarthMaulDathomir_4.jpg

Looks like Sidious vs. Talzin is going to be a reality after all.

Hell yes. Although that means Tyranus loses vs Talzin and Maul.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.