Hulk vs Juggernaut (pushing contest)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SamZED
Both are standing on a long adamantium road. There's an adamanium cube size of a moon seperating them. They both start pushing in it from both sides. 30 minutes later... Who's pushing whom backwards?

Classic Juggs. Recent version of Hulk (the crazy powerful one).

yaadaveyaa
hulk stopped jugger dead in his tracks already didnt he? im pretty sure hulk is stronger ill vote on hulk

SamZED
That Hulk was amped by celestial tech.

carver9
It depends. Juggernaut probably pushes him back in the beginning but in the end Hulk will prevail.

yaadaveyaa
ahhhh i did not know that i still think hulk is stronger as far as pushing or lifting goes if the movement starts going in juggers way that'd b tough to stop without this tech

Magnon
Juggernaut wins, easily.

There's really not that much friction between Hulk's feet and the adamantium road, whereas Juggernaut's enchantment would allow him to move forward just fine. Thus, once that friction has been overcome Hulk would be just an (insignificant) extra ton or so on top of the massive weight of the cube. Most likely Juggernaut wouldn't even be able to tell whether there's a Hulk on the other side or not.

SevenShackles
Originally posted by Magnon
Juggernaut wins, easily.

There's really not that much friction between Hulk's feet and the adamantium road, whereas Juggernaut's enchantment would allow him to move forward just fine. Thus, once that friction has been overcome Hulk would be just an (insignificant) extra ton or so on top of the massive weight of the cube. Most likely Juggernaut wouldn't even be able to tell whether there's a Hulk on the other side or not.

Fully agree smokin'

juggernaut74
Juggernaut was pushing back WWHulk.

The Sorrow
Hulk redirects Juggys momentum like he did in WWH and pushes him back.

SevenShackles
Originally posted by The Sorrow
Hulk redirects Juggys momentum like he did in WWH and pushes him back.

That makes no sense.. Their both pushing on opposed sides of the same object at eschother in a straight line... How will hulk recreate what WWH did?

janus77
Hulk wins, easily.

Even when not particularly bothered, he stopped Juggernaut's forward motion during WWH. Since then he's been more willing to unleash a little.

The Sorrow
Originally posted by SevenShackles
That makes no sense.. Their both pushing on opposed sides of the same object at eschother in a straight line... How will hulk recreate what WWH did?
Neither does this thread so I assumed my answer must all follow this rule. Serious answer is Juggernaut has never moved a moon sized object, Hulk has. So there's that.

Galan007
WWH never stopped Juggy's forward momentum.

NemeBro
Originally posted by janus77
he stopped Juggernaut's forward motion during WWH. No he didn't.

Why do you lie?

SevenShackles
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/11/118368/2422950-wwh_xmen_3_dcp_0027.jpg
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/11/118368/2422951-wwh_xmen_3_dcp_0028.jpg

Galan007
thumb up

Hulk is clearly being pushed back.

SevenShackles
Even pushes back The celestial enhanced hulk that stopped juggy.. So even the version of hulk that stopped him was still pushed back.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v498/Rei-Kai/IncredibleHulk457-p05.jpg

golem370
Hulk said Herc was the only who had a chance to stop him I think Juggernaut would have had a better chance.

Philosophía
Originally posted by SamZED
Both are standing on a long adamantium road. There's an adamanium cube size of a moon seperating them. They both start pushing in it from both sides. 30 minutes later... Who's pushing whom backwards?

Classic Juggs. Recent version of Hulk (the crazy powerful one). Neither can move a moon made of adamantium.

So, stalemate.

NemeBro
How heavy is adamantium?

The Sorrow
Lol @ Hulk's foot moving possibly an inch or two at best meaning he's being pushed back. Talk about grasping at straws. One set of scans clearly depict him being forced backwards, the other does not.

NemeBro
The Hulk admitted the Juggernaut was unstoppable. thumb up

The only panel of their feet clearly shows Hulk being pushed back. thumb up

KingD19
Even if Hulk slowed down Cain's momentum, he didn't stop it as he is unstoppable and like Neme said, he even admitted so himself. It might have taken a bit, but Hulk would have got pushed back like everything else.

Even when Skar fought Juggs, he had to take advantage of the fact that apparently Cain's momentum enchantment isn't in effect if he's falling. That was the only way he beat him, which was by BFR.

Galan007
Originally posted by NemeBro

The only panel of their feet clearly shows Hulk being pushed back. thumb up thumb up

CosmicComet
How heavy is adamantium?

heavier than your mother

The Sorrow

The only panel of their feet clearly shows Hulk being pushed back. thumb up
Where?

Lol, does it really? Or how about the fact two virtually immovable and irresistible objects collided and neither could gain any advantage. If you removed Juggernaut from that scene and replaced him with an Adamantium wall would you still argue Hulk was being pushed backwards? Or would you assume he cracked the ground trying to get a secure foothold? To say Juggernaut pushed Hulk back is really grasping at straws, the rest of the panels surrounding the struggle didn't depict them moving anywhere either.

KingD19
Cain's momentum can be slowed down a whole lot, as shown by Thor's godblast. But it can never truly be stopped, unless you're arguing that version of Hulk was more powerful than Cyttorak's enchantment. And yes, even though it was only a little, Hulk still got pushed back. And would have continued to be pushed back if he didn't leave.

Shabazz916
Hulk wins juggs isnt strong enough to move that.

Zack Fair
Juggernaut.

Mshinu
No running start and an adamantium block the size of a moon.. stalemate.

Juggs pushed WWH back just fine of course.

Villelater
uhh...i can't wait till Red Hulk fights Juggernuat...anyway Juggernuat pushing WWH isn't conclusive...if anything it degrades Juggernuat more than Hulk because Juggernuat was giv'in full power while the Hulk wasn't in WB form...and a Roof isn't solid enough ground

yaadaveyaa
i still think has the overall strength to win this jugger has to get moving and its been said on this panel is ability for his movement not to be able to be stopped is not accurate he does get stopped

KingD19
Originally posted by Villelater
uhh...i can't wait till Red Hulk fights Juggernuat...anyway Juggernuat pushing WWH isn't conclusive...if anything it degrades Juggernuat more than Hulk because Juggernuat was giv'in full power while the Hulk wasn't in WB form...and a Roof isn't solid enough ground

Incorrect. Juggernaut hasn't had "full" power since he traded away alot of his powers to get out of a Death Dimension. He got put back to full power of the power he had left. And that was still enough to push Hulk back.

Villelater
yeah im pretty sure Juggernuat was giv'in full power because his Master is very powerful...and becoming a Juggernuat is instantanious...and it was on a Roof with about 2 tons of weight and a not a WB Hulk...i saw the battle Jugg's hit Hulk before shoving him THUS added gain...as i said “Inconclusive”

Mshinu
Originally posted by Villelater
yeah im pretty sure Juggernuat was giv'in full power because his Master is very powerful...and becoming a Juggernuat is instantanious...and it was on a Roof with about 2 tons of weight and a not a WB Hulk...i saw the battle Jugg's hit Hulk before shoving him THUS added gain...as i said “Inconclusive”

Your head is inconclusive.

psycho gundam

The only panel of their feet clearly shows Hulk being pushed back. thumb up that was sarcastic perversion of juggernaut's creedo, not admittance.

Even if you take that foot sliding back a few inches, hulk was holding back his power by several orderswith a freshly repowered to classic levels juggernaut trying his best.

NemeBro
There is a distinct difference between WWH and WBH in a practical sense, if not a mental sense. thumb up

Hulk gave up, and though a taunt, he conceding he couldn't stop the Juggernaut. thumb up

Oh, and he only even managed that after Juggernaut was distracted by Charles. thumb up

Juggernaut, without much momentum, was pushing WWH back. thumb up

I never said he could push back WBH. thumb up

Mindset

The only panel of their feet clearly shows Hulk being pushed back. thumb up Originally posted by Galan007
thumb up Originally posted by NemeBro
There is a distinct difference between WWH and WBH in a practical sense, if not a mental sense. thumb up

Hulk gave up, and though a taunt, he conceding he couldn't stop the Juggernaut. thumb up

Oh, and he only even managed that after Juggernaut was distracted by Charles. thumb up

Juggernaut, without much momentum, was pushing WWH back. thumb up

I never said he could push back WBH. thumb up Originally posted by Galan007
thumb up thumb up

psycho gundam
Even if you don't use the entire pak run, issue number 5 is enough to say that hulk turning it up even a little more would be more than enough to humble juggernaut yet again. Since his sneak attack on prof hulk that was the (first and) last time iirc he's done well against him, prof being the hulk that cannot amp padt savage power due to mental safeguards installed by banner. Savage beat him, banner-less outperformed him vs onslaught, war tore him anus to balls, and green scar while holding back chumped him.

Mindset
Originally posted by psycho gundam
Even if you don't use the entire pak run, issue number 5 is enough to say that hulk turning it up even a little more would be more than enough to humble juggernaut yet again. Since his sneak attack on prof hulk that was the (first and) last time iirc he's done well against him, prof being the hulk that cannot amp padt savage power due to mental safeguards installed by banner. Savage beat him, banner-less outperformed him vs onslaught, war tore him anus to balls, and green scar while holding back chumped him. thumb down

Damborgson

thumb up
thumb up
thumb up
thumb up
thumb up

guy222
Hulk wins

dynamix
being unstoppable is Juggernaut's "thing". just like strength is hulk's thing. Juggernaut should win here imo.

Mshinu
Yep if the block moves at all, which it probably won`t, it would be Juggy winning.
Juggs proved he is stronger than WWH and would find dumb Hulk less of a challenge. He is the Juggernaut biatches!

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Mindset
thumb down it might be time for you to repent your sins

Damborgson
It's in juggs nature to be unstoppable and all, but if it's WBH pushing, it's only natural that he'd be stronger than War Hulk who halted him before. So he should win the contest.

psycho gundam
Finally, there are signs of intelligence out there....

Endless Mike
Juggernaut

Zack Fair
Too bad this ain't the world breaker, or is it?

Did he mean WBH byOriginally posted by SamZED
Recent version of Hulk (the crazy powerful one).

Mshinu
Trion Juggs would push WBH into another dimension.

carver9
No.

Damborgson
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Too bad this ain't the world breaker, or is it?

Did he mean WBH by

I just assumed by (crazy powerful) that that's the one he meant lol >_>

psycho gundam
If the guy means the current new flavour of savage hulk then sure, juggernaut could win.

Rao Kal El
Originally posted by KingD19
Cain's momentum can be slowed down a whole lot, as shown by Thor's godblast. But it can never truly be stopped, unless you're arguing that version of Hulk was more powerful than Cyttorak's enchantment. And yes, even though it was only a little, Hulk still got pushed back. And would have continued to be pushed back if he didn't leave.

I actually think the GB send him backwards a little bit.

Normal Hulk vs Normal Jugs, I think jugs wins

High enraged Hulk (no Banner or "balanced" Banner/Hulk) is another story

googol
Originally posted by Damborgson
It's in juggs nature to be unstoppable and all, but if it's WBH pushing, it's only natural that he'd be stronger than War Hulk who halted him before. So he should win the contest. Except War "Had" to use Celestial Tech to stop juggernaut pushing him...

Mindship
I always figured it should be this way:

Once Juggernaut starts moving, nothing, Nothing, should be able to stop him in his forward momentum. This is not just a matter of strength but of enchantment.

However: in any other contest of strength, Hulk should win because he's more "multifunctional" in that regard.

Ergo: for this particular contest, Juggernaut should win. Hulk may be strongest one there is overall, but in terms of unstoppable forward momentum, this is what Juggs does.

This is what SevenShackles first posted pic appears to suggest.

googol
Originally posted by Mindship
I always figured it should be this way:

Once Juggernaut starts moving, nothing, Nothing, should be able to stop him in his forward momentum. This is not just a matter of strength but of enchantment.

However: in any other contest of strength, Hulk should win because he's more "multifunctional" in that regard.

Ergo: for this particular contest, Juggernaut should win. Hulk may be strongest one there is overall, but in terms of unstoppable forward momentum, this is what Juggs does.

This is what SevenShackles first posted pic appears to suggest. this

Villelater
Originally posted by googol
Except War "Had" to use Celestial Tech to stop juggernaut pushing him...
All the Celetial Tek did was allow War Hulk too use the energy inside his own body as a Tool...WB Hulk has learned it...Thus equaling better Result for Hulk

Damborgson

the tech was giving him mastery of his power, not giving him extra power to use though.

Branlor Swift
It'd be like a little kids football game where the bigger kid runs into the smaller kid and the smaller kid just uneventfully falls over and doesn't get up for a while.

Hulk is the smaller kid in this scenario

leonidas
his winning this match would be akin to him being able to lift thor's hammer despite its enchantment.....

http://www.brokenfrontier.com/headlines/p/detail/the-future-of-indestructible-hulk-is-smash

shifty

Damborgson
Mjolnir's power > Cytorak

http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g340/Fernando072295/juggy02_zps9b156b6a.jpg

http://images.killermovies.com/forums/customsmilies/131.gif

leonidas
laughing out loud

that means if he CAN lift the hammer, pushing juggs sh!t in shouldn't be an issue. big grin

juggerman
Juggernaut wins this

googol
Originally posted by Damborgson
Mjolnir's power > Cytorak

http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g340/Fernando072295/juggy02_zps9b156b6a.jpg

http://images.killermovies.com/forums/customsmilies/131.gif so an Enchanted mallet > Elder god level demon? and what damage did you see on him? none. I saw no blood coming out of his mouth. just his helmet. but many things has damaged his helmet in the past

Naija boy
Against WWH juggernaut would win but would lose against WBH. His enchantment hasn't shown anything to be able to overcome the level of force WBH can apply

Villelater
so an Enchanted mallet > Elder god level demon? and what damage did you see on him? none. I saw no blood coming out of his mouth. just his helmet. but many things has damaged his helmet in the past
Actually you need to ask what year...Older comic's had more restrictions with Blood,cursing ETC. and in that case i'd guess Juggernuat's wuuzy bubbles&hand on head was evidence of his pain

Flyattractor
What if Hulk got brainwiped and was told that it was Juggy that sent him to planet hulk and then nuked his gf and son? Thus making Hulk become JSH!?

thats juggy smashing hulk?

Damborgson
so an Enchanted mallet > Elder god level demon? and what damage did you see on him? none. I saw no blood coming out of his mouth. just his helmet. but many things has damaged his helmet in the past

Yes.

I saw him grunting in pain and getting his ass beat.

Good for you.

Yeah? cool.

SamZED
Bump.

pym-ftw
Juggernaut imho

carver9
Savage Hulk.

janus77
Hulk wins.

LeonBuco666
I love hulk more than the next guy, but it all depends on the incarn.
Seeing as its the new savage one, no he loses not because he's weaker but because he can't over come juggys forward momentum
WWH, stalemate
WBH>juggy

Quick question, when hulk held aprt those spheres of the anti matter bomb, and then hit it so hard it overcame the inertial field, would jugs be able to do that with momentum alone
I think not, which is leaving me to think hulk wins actually

Stoic

Have you thought of what you wrote before writing it? OK look at it this way. The Green Scar, who happens to be the Hulk, and War, and the World Breaker, was able to top what he did when he took on the mantle of War. So what should this tell us? OK Green Scar did not have any tech attached to him and he went far above War, are you beginning to get it yet? The Hulk never needed the tech to achieve those levels, the tech only helped him achieve that level of power quicker than he could have previously, but the Hulk in this thread or instance goes to those levels on his own. HOTM, and Planet Hulk proves this beyond a shadow of doubt. This means that the present day Hulk can overcome Cain's near unstoppable nature far quicker than War was nearly able to by simply being too strong for Cain to push anywhere.

Naija boy
WBH does it by gently pushin with one hand.

h1a8
Originally posted by Naija boy
Against WWH juggernaut would win but would lose against WBH. His enchantment hasn't shown anything to be able to overcome the level of force WBH can apply agreed!

googol
Originally posted by janus77
Hulk wins. No.

Juggernaut is unstoppable that his thing,

LeonBuco666
No.

Juggernaut is unstoppable that his thing,
No.

Hulk Strongest there is, that's his thing.

No.

Juggernaut is unstoppable that his thing, hulk's power output is demonstrably sufficient to stop him, although he lacks proper control of it.

Mindship
I think it's a matter of just being true to what each character is about.

Juggernaut: once he starts moving in a given direction, nothing, Nothing should be able to stop him. This is what Juggernaut does (at least as I understand it).

Hulk: what Flash is to speed, Hulk is to strength. The madder he gets, the stronger he gets. He is strength incarnate; this is what Hulk is.

Ergo: in any other contest of strength, Hulk should win. But when it comes to simple, straighforward pushing, this, by my definition, falls into Juggs' field.

Thus, Juggernaut for the win. Hulk may get stronger, but Juggernaut's forward momentum is, imho, an absolute. In a sense, Juggernaut also always gets stronger, stronger than Hulk, but only in this limited fashion.

Naija boy
That'd be true if not for the fact that juggy has been stopped before. By hulk no less.... A much weaker hulk than wbh at that.

Mindship
Originally posted by Naija boy
That'd be true if not for the fact that juggy has been stopped before. By hulk no less.... A much weaker hulk than wbh at that. Well, they got it wrong. stick out tongue

Naija boy
Well, they got it wrong. stick out tongue Lol comics typically do.

psycho gundam
the strength disparity is simple: green scar beat up depowered juggernaut, classic juggernaut returns and is shown to be at around equal footing, then more powerful hulk forms are shown (hulk willingly holding back prior) which harken back to classic juggernaut getting humiliated by an enhanced hulk before.

pushing a moon is the issue since these are terrestrial character without flight. gravity influencing orientation will be the biggest obstacle

CPT Space Bomb
Juggernaut wins this. Unless Hulk is being amped by tech or magic beyond Cyttorak.

Stoic
Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
Juggernaut wins this. Unless Hulk is being amped by tech or magic beyond Cyttorak.

The Hulk did not need the tech to reach that level. HOTM proves this beyond a shadow of doubt.

SamZED
Bump

dynamix
I think it's a matter of just being true to what each character is about.

Juggernaut: once he starts moving in a given direction, nothing, Nothing should be able to stop him. This is what Juggernaut does (at least as I understand it).

Hulk: what Flash is to speed, Hulk is to strength. The madder he gets, the stronger he gets. He is strength incarnate; this is what Hulk is.

Ergo: in any other contest of strength, Hulk should win. But when it comes to simple, straighforward pushing, this, by my definition, falls into Juggs' field.

Thus, Juggernaut for the win. Hulk may get stronger, but Juggernaut's forward momentum is, imho, an absolute. In a sense, Juggernaut also always gets stronger, stronger than Hulk, but only in this limited fashion.

This. I think alot of the Hulk fans don't want to admit because they think it shows some kind of inferiority to the Juggernaut (which is arguably Hulk's biggest rival on the forum). But i don't agree. They are written to be who they are and what they do. In a fight, pushing isn't going to help anything and i'd take Hulk for the majority, but in a pushing contest, Juggernaut, in theory, should win, imo. It's his thing.

psycho gundam
^ Except twice now, which is every time they've met in the fashion where juggernaut is "supposed" to be absolute it's ended with Hulk stopping him in his tracks and then tossing him to the side, yes he was amped in one occasion but in the other he was curtailing his real power yet juggernaut didn't win in his only real duty as a character

dynamix
^ Except twice now, which is every time they've met in the fashion where juggernaut is "supposed" to be absolute it's ended with Hulk stopping him in his tracks and then tossing him to the side, yes he was amped in one occasion but in the other he was curtailing his real power yet juggernaut didn't win in his only real duty as a character

well the Celestial tech amp is an instance of plot device so i'm not counting that. And the 2nd one, are u referring to the x-mansion event?

psycho gundam
How heavy is adamantium? It's moon sized so the gravitation would disrupt any means of having this pushing match. They'd both be doing a handstand going nowhere

psycho gundam
Originally posted by dynamix
well the Celestial tech amp is an instance of plot device so i'm not counting that. And the 2nd one, are u referring to the x-mansion event? Worldbreaker levels of strength seemed to surpass those of war. It's at least debatable which is more powerful

Yeah I am. They were pushing at one point and Hulk slide back a a bit, but I mean if that's all he slide back while restraining himself by a large margin that doesn't say much for classic juggernaut

dynamix
Worldbreaker levels of strength seemed to surpass those of war. It's at least debatable which is more powerful

Yeah I am. They were pushing at one point and Hulk slide back a a bit, but I mean if that's all he slide back while restraining himself by a large margin that doesn't say much for classic juggernaut

i don't understand, so why are u saying it's happened...twice?? the first instance, u said was debatable so clearly not a credible showing if it's open to debate, no? The second, u admit hulk was moved back...

help me understand, friend.

psycho gundam
Worldbreaker is arguably as or stronger than war and a restrained version of that was slightly moved back by Juggernaut so... just one gear shift up and Juggernaut would have lost ground

War did the above and stopped juggernaut not from a dead start but from what, 30-x mph and stopped him dead. He seemed to be able to push him back if he chose to but all he did was brace himself to stop juggernaut.

Off the top the only person juggernaut pushed back was Captain Britain

dynamix
War was supported by celestial tech. Celestial >> Cytorrak. I'm not convinced that strength was what nullified Juggernaut. I'm leaning towards cosmic property of Celestials being key. And it's still a theory that WBH can stop Juggernaut. Who's to say that Juggernaut would just be going at a slower pace? So really, Hulk has never been able to stop Juggernaut.

psycho gundam
Juggernaut could only barely push back restrained Hulk. It's self explanatory if Hulk in that instance stopped restraining himself.

Magnon
Juggernaut wins this.

SamZED
Spider-man's webbing has slowed classic Juggernaut down as well. It seems Juggs also can shift gears depending on how much resistance he needs to overcome. Magic.

psycho gundam
I mean, we could just post all the times he did the whole move forward thing under pressure. The list won't be that long or impressive tbh

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.