What areyour top 5 favorite Video Game Genres?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zack Fair
Mine are in no particular order.

1. First Person Shooters: Main genre of the past decade. Was always one of my top favorites, but other genres in their "prime" kept it in check.

2. Fighters: Loved SF since I was little. Played the hell out of Tekken/VF and DOA. The genre had a decline in the 2000s but its back full throttle thanks to the messiah known as SF4.

3. Role Playing Games: Main genre of my high school years. FF7 and the PSX started it all. Ruled by western developers nowadays. Unfortunately JRPGs are nearly extinct and Japanese developers have kept it stale. Needs to make a FKN comeback.

4.Adventure Action games: The one genre that has always been on top of the foodchain. From Final Fight to Emo May Cry. From Link to the Past to Dark Souls.

5. Stealth: It all started with Metal Gear Solid on the PSX. I have tried almost every stealth game out there. MGS is still my favorite though.

Honorable mention:

Survival Horror: Pioneered by RE and Silent Hill. Out of the top 5 because of lack of actual games fitting the description. Only thing close to that in this gen is probably Dead Space, and Bioshock's atmosphereic gameplay.

What are yours?

AsbestosFlaygon
1. Action Adventure - The best games I've played were of this genre. God of War, Okami, ICO, Shadow of the Colossus, Crash Bandicoot, etc.

2. RPGs (especially TURN-BASED or TRADITIONAL RPGs) - Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross, Final Fantasy, Tales of series, Suikoden. Mostly JRPGs. The WRPGs are more like Action games with added aspect of leveling up and upgrading weapons. This genre has one of the most complex, compelling, and immersive storylines.

3. Versus/Fighting - I can play pretty much any versus game, once I learn the mechanics.

4. Sports - Mainly NBA 2K games. But I also play UFC Undisputed, Fight Night, and other sports games.

5. FPS - This is the genre that I am forever a novice at. But I still highly enjoy FPS games like CoD series and Half-Life series.

-Pr-
1. RPG/MMO - Takes up so much of my time, even if they often aren't as technically polished as other games in the case of MMOs.
2. 3rd person action/stealth/horror games - Arkham City, Assassins Creed, God of War, Hitman, MGS, Silent Hill, Resident Evil, Splinter Cell. I loves me some kickassery.
3. RTS - Lets me be the bastard overlord I so enjoy.
4. Sports games, whether it be Pro Evo or WWE.
5. FPS - It's been along time since my UT/Fear/Halo CE days, but MW tends to pull me back in every so often.

Estacado
1.RPG: I love all kinds Skyrim,Fallout ,Borderlands ,Dragon's Dogma
2.Action/adventure: Darksiders 2,Prototype 2,Infamous 2,Devil May Cry playing as super heroes or super powered being is amazing
3.FPS: Farcry 3 (Imo it could easily stand in rpg category as well),Darkness 2 ,Battlefield games ,
4.TPS shooters/stealth/horror:Resident Evil,Hitman,Socom
5.Fighting games:Tekken,Mortal Kombat.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.