Infamous: Second Son

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Demonic Phoenix
Was announced at the Sony Press Conference for the PS4.

Will put up videos when they come out.
Does look like there's a new protagonist this time, and that the evil ending in inFamous 2 was canon.

CosmicComet
I hope for superhero game that's more on the levels of at least a JLU level Superman, as opposed to a Spiderman game with electricity, in this upcoming sequel.

I just want to feel a bit more powerful.

Demonic Phoenix
I'd rather have an actual Superman game that didn't fall in the mediocre to ball-sucking range, to be honest. Though, yeah, this new dude being more powerful than Cole would be a definite plus.

BTW, you watching the playstation meeting?

CosmicComet
No, I cannot watch it right now. I guess I'll watch a replay tomorrow.

Arachnid1
tHSeyPl--Fw

Watch it in 1080p. It looks sexy.

Impediment
The protagonist can turn into.......smoke?

That's what the Wikipedia page read.

CosmicComet
I imagine Nightcrawler, but with fire attacks.

I'm sold.

Nemesis X
Since when did Nix have a kid?

ebrown
I still hope it will be better than previous two, since no gameplay was shown, but I doubt it will be anything more thaa mediocre game.

AsbestosFlaygon
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Since when did Nix have a kid?
Exactly what I was thinking.

Nemesis X
MlNfJvFnzc8

Phanteros
fap fap fap

Demonic Phoenix
That last move > Cole + Batman.

BlackZero30x
This is the game that is making me lean to actually getting a PS4

CosmicComet
Ghost Rider + Nightcrawler.

Vaguely.

I'm sold.

Nemesis X
Uibnf_Q_51s

Estacado
Day 1 purchase.

BloodRain
"24-year-old Delsin Rowe is revealed as the protagonist - a Native American street artist with an anti-government attitude. Rowe can control smoke (via the use of the PS4 touchpad) and absorb power from enemies known as the Department of Unified Protection."

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/06/12/e3-2013-infamous-second-sons-next-gen-open-world
http://www.polygon.com/2013/6/17/4431750/superpowers-and-meaning-in-infamous-second-son
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-06-18-super-powered-in-seattle-infamous-second-son-preview

Some minor-ish but interesting links.

Demonic Phoenix
o-B40rzJHOY

Deslin's offensive smoke style is awfully similar to Cole's offensive style (duh), but damn, I like it. Plus I wonder what he'll do with...neon light/noble gas manipulation?

DatCanadian
I call it dubstep powah. But yeah now he has glowing eyes like The Beast. Hmmm

Nemesis X
NFukFWFndEk

Arachnid1
Super speed? F*ck yes!

Impediment
My GOD! This game looks so awesome.

I'm still sad that Cole died at the end of the second game, though.

KingD19
Originally posted by Impediment
My GOD! This game looks so awesome.

I'm still sad that Cole died at the end of the second game, though.

There was that big random lightning storm at the middle of sea. He could be back in some capacity.

Nemesis X
QvN2zn1yM_E

Those neon swords look pretty cool.

Demonic Phoenix
Sonuva.

I posted that video in the inFamous 2 thread. facepalm2

Impediment
Gawwwwwd.

I want this game NOW.

Nemesis X
I do not like Delsin's brother. He's rather hypocritically bigot and I would love if this game has the option to send him flying.

Demonic Phoenix
Mfo51NVTyAE

Impediment
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! It can't end!

Holy shit. I have to buy a PS4 now!

Nemesis X
The game's about a week away from coming out. I'm not clicking it.

Nope. Nuh uh.

Demonic Phoenix
Ebdvr_iwgkM

Impediment
Gah! I can't take much more of this.

BackFire
I'm buying this just because you can't play it, Imp.

Impediment
Tongue my chocolate starfish, pal.

I'll be buying a PS4 eventually, but now that I know I'm going out of state next month for 60 days, I don't need to buy one just yet.

BackFire
I'll be sure to spoil the game for you while you're out of state.

Demonic Phoenix
IKVA-F81-po

Sly Cooper Ringtone = WIN.

Zack Fair
This game is very, very, very good and cool. Between this and Watch DogsI got my next-gen GTAV replacement fun/fix for the next month

Zack Fair
God damn I can't get over how good this game looks.

Nemesis X
W9ZJ5dn3-Eg

Impediment
Last weekend for my daughter's 10th birthday, I bought "her" a PS4 along with Rayman Legends and The Lego Movie Video game.

I also bought Second Son for myself and I'm loving it!!

I just now got into the Lantern District and am now searching buses for another conduit while battling......angels?

This game is too much fan and fantastically gorgeous!

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Impediment
Last weekend for my daughter's 10th birthday, I bought "her" a PS4 along with Rayman Legends and The Lego Movie Video game.

I also bought Second Son for myself and I'm loving it!!

I just now got into the Lantern District and am now searching buses for another conduit while battling......angels?

This game is too much fan and fantastically gorgeous! Glad you're enjoying it, brah. Indeed it is a lo t of fun.

Estacado
Just got my hands on this and a ps4.
Only played few hours unlocked orbital drop its pretty sweet.
Really like Delsin's troll face before he is about to dive bomb.

Didnt do to many story missions been runin around having fun.

Great game so far.

Estacado
So got all the neon powers but cant switch back to smoke.

I know after beating the game I will be able to switch between the different powers.

But can I switch without completing the game somehow?

Zack Fair
Yeah you will. Its kind of a thing that happens in the game to make you get used to the new powers.

By the time you're done smoke will most likely be your least favorite power.

Estacado
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Yeah you will. Its kind of a thing that happens in the game to make you get used to the new powers.

By the time you're done smoke will most likely be your least favorite power.
Checked all powers on youtube damn....
Video powers look awesome.
I love the 3 flying demons cant wait to get them.

Doing good walkthrough first.

Dont even know why I decided to do so being evil is always more badass.

Zack Fair
I agree, but IMO being bad is kind of weird. Delsin is kind of a good guy.
You're making me want to play this again. Sweet game man.

KingD19
I kinda wish they'd put more focus and emphasis on Fetch and Delsin's relationship.

Zack Fair
Yeah. But Fetch got a new DLC, didn't she? maybe they developed it in there. We will have to ask Nemesis.

KingD19
I hadn't heard about that. I beat the game on my friends system so I haven't been paying attention to it after I got done.

Estacado
The new Fetch stuff is on an actual disc heard it is like 6 hours long.
It was like 30 dollars in the stores.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Yeah. But Fetch got a new DLC, didn't she? maybe they developed it in there. We will have to ask Nemesis.

No. It doesn't. Fetch's story is before the events of Second Son.

Only involvement Delsin has in First Light is being an unlockable for the D.U.P. arena should you have played Second Son.

Estacado
Got all good video powers they are really cool.
I like how all the powers can be useful.
Like with smoke bombs you can stun the most enemy for subdue with neon granades you can subdue them from a distance.
Overall video seems to be the best if you just wanna blast them but if you wanna go for the karmic special I find both smoke and neon better.

Favorite super is the Radiant Sweep.

Estacado
Beat the game with good powers it was great.

Started my 2nd expert playthrough as Evil.

Have to say Zack you were right somehow Delsin just does't feel evil at all.

Too bad concrete doesn't have a karmic super.sad

Zack Fair
thumb up

Pretty neat and fun under rated game this is.

Estacado
Yup it's great really glad I got it.
Did all the side stuff for good.
Gonna finish up on expert with evil to get all the trophies.

I changed.the difficulty as soon as the game began is it ok that way or was there another way to change it to expert before the game started?

I still love smoke even after getting all powers especially with good karma the smoke granade covers huge areas and head shot subdues basic enemies automatically.

Traveling can be meh though running around buildings looking for vents.

Zack Fair
Not sure on the difficulty trophy. Try gamefaqs for a sure answer

Estacado
I read that the best way to do it is to change the last game save difficulty to expert.
So new game will auto start on it.

That's kinda retarded that you cant change it before begining of the game I mean it's 2014.....

Switched it as soon as options was available dont know how will this end...ermm

Estacado
Got all trophies.happy

Is First Light worth getting?

Scoobless
After you get all the concrete power, and the DUP raid a bunch of sites, does it just continue like that forever or do you ever reach an end to the whole thing?

I only recently got/completed this game and I don't want to miss out a part of the story by restarting without a full sense of closure

Estacado
After that you can do all side missions to clear the DUP out of the city areas and that's it.
So yeah it's kinda endless.

Scoobless
Ah, pretty much cleared them before the augustine fight anyway, no point running around fighting"raids" if they never end

Estacado
Originally posted by Scoobless
Ah, pretty much cleared them before the augustine fight anyway, no point running around fighting"raids" if they never end
The gang members and drug dealers auto respawn all the time.
DUP however doesnt if you clear the specific area.

Scoobless
Replaying as bad delsin on expert level now... Feels wrong

erm

Estacado
Replaying as bad delsin on expert level now... Feels wrong

erm
Yup.
Not to mention the good powers are much better except for the demon horde.

Scoobless
Originally posted by Estacado
Yup.
Not to mention the good powers are much better except for the demon horde.

Really? Figured evil would be better... Still in smoke mode.... Vent jumping is better... No KO shot though.

Estacado
Really? Figured evil would be better... Still in smoke mode.... Vent jumping is better... No KO shot though.
Good smoke bomb is also better covers bigger area.
No time slowing powers.
Invisibilty doesnt have the 2 subdue lenght only 1.
Basic blasts are better cause they shoot more rapidly but special powers arent.
Except for Demon horde and the sword blast which summons like 2-3 extra swords.

Scoobless
Got my evil-neon on now.... Only getting to play about 10 minutes a day at present... Stupid reality keeps intervening.

Impediment
I finally bought and played First Light this weekend.

Good DLC. Good, indeed. I loved the final showdown when Fetch breaks out of the prison and hunts down Shane in the snowy mountains and executes his traitorous ass.

I also just finished Second Son on Infamous karma. Man, Augustine is such a f*cking c*nt. She's up there in the ranks of "most hated video game villains", IMO.

Spawningpool
I don't know why but I hate delsin... (Sighs) I miss cole

Quincy
Delsin got on my nerves, but his powerset was dope

Arachnid1
This is free on PS plus right now. I avoided it since they killed off Cole and replaced him with the new emo fgt, but I'll give it a go. The first two were some of my favorite PS3 games.

Ridley_Prime
Yeah, went through Second Son since it was free. It was alright, another easy platinum, though you'll enjoy it more if you play First Light first.

Overall, Second Son was fun to play but could tell it felt shallow or lacking in terms of the story compared to the original. Wasn't as much a fan of the good vs evil decisions as I thought either, I guess because of the resulting actions feeling superficially scripted and at times just out of nowhere. But the gameplay was still fun, and the different powers were fun to play with; mostly partial to the neon and angel/video powers.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.