Clone Wars: To Catch a Jedi episode(spoilers)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

juggernaut74
Todays episode was pretty interesting. Ahsoka encounters Asagi Ventress while on the run on the streets of Coruscant. Asagi subdues Ahsoka and while on the way to collect the bounty on Ahsoka she assures Ventress that if she helps her prove she is innocent she will in return plea to the council to give Ventress a pardon for her war crimes, Ventress accepts. Ashoka then contacts Barriss Offee who gives her a location to follow up on some clues. Ventress takes Ahsoka to the location and they split ways after Ventress reminds her of their deal. Ventress is then attacked by a mystery person who does have the ability to use the force and during the battle Ventress is kayoed and the dark Jedi takes Ventresses mask and lightsabers and then goes to attack Ahsoka. Ahsoka actually thinks that Ventress double crossed her because of the mask and lightsabers the dark Jedi stole from Ventress. During the battle an explosion is caused which alerts the clone troopers. The dark jedi flees and Ahsoka is hit with a stun gun and rendered unconcious. The clones then notice they were in a warehouse full of the nanodroids that Ahsoka was accused of using in the death of Letta. The clones and Anakin then take Ahsoka to the council for questioning at shows end.

Now for some theories on who the jedi traitor is. I think it's none other than Bariss Offee. Simply because she new where Ahsoka and Ventress were going and the dark figure that sneak attacked Ventress was small in stature similar to Barriss and Ahsoka. What do you guys think?

-Pr-
After being disappointed by CW up through season 4 to the point that I lost interest, I recently got back in to it and caught up on the episodes last week. Season 5 has been a very pleasant surprise, and possibly my favourite season so far.

This episode was yet another reason why. And yeah, if it's Barriss, that would make things very, very interesting.

Hybris
I really don't know. Here are few thoughts that make me doubt:

1. The next episode's preview has shown us Skywalker hunting down Ventress and Ahsoka in court. If you assume each of those scenes take about 3-4 minutes, there is no way that there is enough time left in an episode of 22 minutes to explain Barriss' actions and her motivation. She has been clearly characterized as the ideal padawan, so her fall would need to be extremely motivated. Aside from the anti-war message, I also can't see why she would decide to blame one of her closest friends instead of a random other Jedi.

2. This might be a less valid point due to what sometimes is called 'clone wars logic', but Ahsoka really got her Togruta behind kicked by the assailant. From what we've seen in season 2, Ahsoka's and Barriss' skills are about even (as far as I can tell). I'm also curious as to how a padawan (as far as I can tell, she still is one) could circumvent all the prison security and choke a person in another padawan's presence without the latter sensing the former's presence.

3. Other possible suspects have come to my mind, such as Aurra Sing:
- She has a major grudge against Ahsoka.
- Her build (although not in height, according to several sources) is similar to that of Barriss' build.
- She is force sensitive (although it has never been shown on TCW, if I'm not mistaken, so that would make her lack the proper light saber skill).

4. I somehow get the idea that the whole point of Ahsoka being set up and falsely accused is a mechanism to increase Anakin's growing distrust of the Jedi Council. It's a long shot, but if it's true, there can be only one responsible: Palpatine.

So overall, everything seems to point towards Barriss, but this show has been growing in intruiges and complexity, so it just seems to be too obvious for me. I also don't get how Letta would be so scared of Barriss - who is just a padawan - and think that Ahsoka is the only Jedi who can protect her from Barris... But ofcourse, this show isn't a stranger to plot holes, so I might be overthinking the whole plot and giving the writers too much credit. For all we know, it might even be a totally new character that will be explored in season 6...

mig17
Something is tickling me before the last episode.

Of course, the "bad guy" is Baris and the real question now is why? Not her intentions, but why attacking the temple, framing her friend in the process and why Tarkin and behind him of course Palatine seems to be involved.

But that's not what is troubling me now: we all remember the picture add of season 5 "who will fall". On this picture were Vizla, Galia, Hondo, Maul, Rex, Savage, Ahsoka, Embo, Satine and Ventress.
Vizla, Galia, Savage and Satine are dead. Hondo was in danger several times but made it, Maul was overpowered by Palapatine but keeped alive, Ahsoka and Ventress are still standing in this last arc and Embo has faced danger once in the season but "his" arc as been pushed to season 6. That left us with Rex...

In season 5, Rex who is on the picture has not been in a life threatening situation once. So my point is, was he on the add just to promote the show or is there something unexpected going to happened in the season finale.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Hybris

2. This might be a less valid point due to what sometimes is called 'clone wars logic', but Ahsoka really got her Togruta behind kicked by the assailant. From what we've seen in season 2, Ahsoka's and Barriss' skills are about even (as far as I can tell). I'm also curious as to how a padawan (as far as I can tell, she still is one) could circumvent all the prison security and choke a person in another padawan's presence without the latter sensing the former's presence.

Well embracing the Dark Side would likely make her more powerful and might change her presence in the Force too.

3. Other possible suspects have come to my mind, such as Aurra Sing:

It will likely be a Jedi.

-Pr-
I think making it seem like Barriss is just leading us on so that they can pull a switch and surprise us.

Early reviews of the episode so it's heart-wrenching, though.

-Pr-
So Tim Curry is Palpatine now, and his first appearance is in this week's episode:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bryan-young/tim-curry-star-wars_b_2776241.html

DARTH POWER
I was hoping for Ian McDiarmid.. Episode looks like it will be great.

-Pr-
Such a good episode, but damn.

I hope they rectify this.

juggernaut74
Rectify what exactly?

And yes this show is getting better.

Ascendancy
Barriss was going on to Ahsoka about how perhaps Force users should really give into their emotions, etc. Might be as simple as her not agreeing with the war, something that was said more than once in the last two episodes.

-Pr-
Originally posted by juggernaut74
Rectify what exactly?

And yes this show is getting better.

Ahsoka leaving the order. I want her back.

ares834
Doubt it will happen. Her leaving the order is one of the cleanest ways to get rid of her.

LanceWindu
Originally posted by -Pr-
Ahsoka leaving the order. I want her back.

You do realize that if she comes back to the order she has to be killed off later on, right? This way she can just take off and go into hiding easily.

Ascendancy
Originally posted by Ascendancy
Barriss was going on to Ahsoka about how perhaps Force users should really give into their emotions, etc. Might be as simple as her not agreeing with the war, something that was said more than once in the last two episodes.

Winn4r! Looks like Ahsoka's done as well. This season has been much better than the others, and has done a good job in helping to see how Anakin began to really give into his emotions and how he could begin to turn against the Jedi order.

Hybris
Didn't like the season finale. Shows the Jedi as lapdogs to the Senate (the very opposite of what Sidious claims they are in ROTS)...

Not a single explanation of how Barriss managed to pull it all off, a cheesy speech and a pointless lightsaber duel. I don't see how this is improvement.

-Pr-
Originally posted by LanceWindu
You do realize that if she comes back to the order she has to be killed off later on, right? This way she can just take off and go into hiding easily.

Yes. That's why I want her to come back. One, because I like her, and two, she's the perfect vehicle to show Anakin losing faith in the Jedi Order.

Omega Vision
I really like Asajj Ventress now that she's not some cackling supervillain.

Ascendancy
Didn't like the season finale. Shows the Jedi as lapdogs to the Senate (the very opposite of what Sidious claims they are in ROTS)...

Not a single explanation of how Barriss managed to pull it all off, a cheesy speech and a pointless lightsaber duel. I don't see how this is improvement.

Sidious claims whatever suits his long-term goals, no?

LanceWindu
Also to note. This is Tim Curry's first episode in the role of Palpatine. Taking over for the late Ian Abercrombie.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Omega Vision
I really like Asajj Ventress now that she's not some cackling supervillain.

I always liked her, but I like her more now.

Originally posted by LanceWindu
Also to note. This is Tim Curry's first episode in the role of Palpatine. Taking over for the late Ian Abercrombie.

Yeah; I thought he did okay.

DARTH POWER

He did Ok. It's just very different to Ian's voice.

-Pr-
Yeah; there's gonna be some adjustment needed.

juggernaut74
Maybe Ventress and Ahsoka will both go into hiding and never be heard from again.

-Pr-
No.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by juggernaut74
Maybe Ventress and Ahsoka will both go into hiding and never be heard from again.

Hide from what? Asoka's not wanted by anyone. And if she's no longer a Jedi she wouldn't be a victim of Order 66.

We need a proper conclusion to their story arcs. They're both just too big a part of the CW story. And both are fan favorites.

At the same time we're all hoping they're not killed. But I don't really see any other fate for Ventress.

Omega Vision

I agree, it's just before I was a fan of her voice and...err...silhouette, now I'm a fan of her character.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Omega Vision
I agree, it's just before I was a fan of her voice and...err...silhouette, now I'm a fan of her character.

I was a fan due to reading the Obsession arc in the comics. She was more fleshed out in that.

DARTH POWER
"Obsession" was a classic. It's unfortunate TCW will probably render it Non-Canon. It's already rendered many parts of it non-canon.

But I'd love to TCW redo it. Like they did with the "Slaves of the Republic" arc.

juggernaut74
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Hide from what? Asoka's not wanted by anyone. And if she's no longer a Jedi she wouldn't be a victim of Order 66.

We need a proper conclusion to their story arcs. They're both just too big a part of the CW story. And both are fan favorites.

At the same time we're all hoping they're not killed. But I don't really see any other fate for Ventress. Ahsoka and Ventress are major loose ends and would in theory need to be dealt with. No way Palpatine would just let her walk.

-Pr-
Agreed. Especially with her being Anakin's old apprentice. If anyone could redeem Anakin after Padme bites it, it'd be Ahsoka.

Vensai
Agreed. Especially with her being Anakin's old apprentice. If anyone could redeem Anakin after Padme bites it, it'd be Ahsoka.

You think so? Wouldn't Vader just try to kill her?

-Pr-
Originally posted by Vensai
You think so? Wouldn't Vader just try to kill her?

Oh, he'd certainly try. I just think if anyone was going to get through to him, it'd be her. After CW, she wouldn't be seen like the other Jedi, so she'd be more innocent and more likely to be heard, imo.

DARTH POWER
Thing is she won't even know that he is Vader. She'd assume Anakin Skywalker was killed along with all the other Jedi.

The loose end is it wouldn't be in character for Ashoka to just accept that simply because she's not a Jedi now. She would attempt to start a rebellion herself guaranteed.

Ventress on the other hand wouldn't care there's an Empire. She will just carry on as a Bounty Hunter.

Vensai
Thing is she won't even know that he is Vader. She'd assume Anakin Skywalker was killed along with all the other Jedi.

The loose end is it wouldn't be in character for Ashoka to just accept that simply because she's not a Jedi now. She would attempt to start a rebellion herself guaranteed.

Ventress on the other hand wouldn't care there's an Empire. She will just carry on as a Bounty Hunter.

Doesn't mean the Empire might be interested in her. She's a loose end to be tied up after Dooku failed to kill her.

-Pr-

I dunno. Jedi can sense one another, so I think she would sense his presence.

DARTH POWER
http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/story/ The_Clone_Wars_Team_Reportedly_Being_Disbanded_150
781.asp

Really hope none of this is true.

It says we're unlikely to get anything else from Ashoka or Ventress. That we'll be lucky to even get that Bonus Content. And that the whole CW team is being moved on. So any new animation will be from a different team presumably.

-Pr-
Sucks, man...

Vensai
http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/story/ The_Clone_Wars_Team_Reportedly_Being_Disbanded_150
781.asp

Really hope none of this is true.

It says we're unlikely to get anything else from Ashoka or Ventress. That we'll be lucky to even get that Bonus Content. And that the whole CW team is being moved on. So any new animation will be from a different team presumably.

Well this is disappointing.

-Pr-
Finally! http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=114823

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.