X-Men: Days of Future Past

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

rox
does anyone think this will work as a reboot-retcon-sequel especially since they are combining the cast from the first 3 and first class.

Kazenji
And this needs two threads because?

rox
Didn't see another thread

Scarlet Fox
Do a Search to see if a thread already exists.

rox
I did. There is none. But anyway what are some opinions on the movie

Darth Martin
I heard Patrick Stewart and Ian Mckellan are going to be in it. Why? Just stick with Fassbender and let him do work.

Tzeentch._
Because Fassbender doesn't look like a 60 year old man.

steverules_2
He can look 60 though, with make up and what not...but with Ian and Pat back that should be cool and interesting

Darth Martin
No. Just do a straight up sequel to First Class.

BruceSkywalker
looking forward to seeing this.. can't wait for the interactions between fassbender/mckellan, stewart/mcavoy, etc..

rox
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
looking forward to seeing this.. can't wait for the interactions between fassbender/mckellan, stewart/mcavoy, etc..

It will be very interesting to see these interactions

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Darth Martin
No. Just do a straight up sequel to First Class.
That's what this is, except Emma won't be in it apparently despite First Class's ending.

Tzeentch._
January Jones probably turned it down lol.

Or they thought she sucked in the first film, which she did.

If they ever put her character back in, I hope they use a woman who's ass isn't so non-existent.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by rox
It will be very interesting to see these interactions

yes it will

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
That's what this is, except Emma won't be in it apparently despite First Class's ending.

i won't be at all surprised if she is indeed in this

rox

the critics and fans both said that j.jones and emma were the weakest links in first class. bu there still castig up until april which is when filming starts therfore she might be recasted

rox
http://comicbook.com/blog/2013/02/18/x-men-days-of-future-past-first-look-at-professor-xs-chairs/

check this out

Esau Cairn
Y'know everyone keeps talking about how difficult it is to get DC's JLA off the ground & YET Marvel keeps re-hashing, re-booting or just dragging on the X-Men saga.

I'm honestly fed up with the Xavier/Magneto angst being the ONLY story-line, Marvel wants to dwell on.

the ninjak
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
Y'know everyone keeps talking about how difficult it is to get DC's JLA off the ground & YET Marvel keeps re-hashing, re-booting or just dragging on the X-Men saga.

I'm honestly fed up with the Xavier/Magneto angst being the ONLY story-line, Marvel wants to dwell on.

You mean FOX right.

Esau Cairn
Oh okay FOX.
Doesn't change my view though.

So does that mean FOX could only get the rights to Magneto & no other villains?

rox

Thats because dc has no balls and marvel/fox isnt scared to keep trying

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Tzeentch._
January Jones probably turned it down lol.

Or they thought she sucked in the first film, which she did.

If they ever put her character back in, I hope they use a woman who's ass isn't so non-existent.
Originally posted by rox
the critics and fans both said that j.jones and emma were the weakest links in first class. bu there still castig up until april which is when filming starts therfore she might be recasted
Meh. Well, I too hope they cast someone else as Emma if they bring the character back, but it's been said that they won't. And yeah, she was lackluster in First Class.

the ninjak
Yeah Jones was pretty lacking in the Emma Frost dept.

Maybe she mistook the idea of the White Queen with an Ice Queen stereotype and took it from there.

Regardless I'm pretty upset with the idea of mixing the First Class universe with the old X-men one.
It's full of fail unless they go all out....which from the previous Fox films they seem unable to do.

The Fox Xmen films seem to fail on an equal level that the current Spidey films did. That is make it realistic and just pump out the product.
Marvel Studios franchises seem to delve into the core of the stories whilst still having the weakness of not supplying the epic grandeur of what these characters have shown in the comics but they seem to be leagues ahead.

Otherwise I can't really complain. I'm happy to see these films happen but the Xmen universe is my fav. I want to see films on the level of the classic animated series. And this is a good step towards it.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by rox
Thats because dc has no balls and marvel/fox isnt scared to keep trying

To keep trying what?

Rehashing the SAME villain for how many X-Men movies now?

rox
Meh. Well, I too hope they cast someone else as Emma if they bring the character back, but it's been said that they won't. And yeah, she was lackluster in First Class.

Ali larter from heroes/final destination should have played emma

Kazenji
To keep trying what?

Rehashing the SAME villain for how many X-Men movies now?

Uh what?

Sebestian Shaw and his gang have only been in one which was First Class.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Kazenji
Uh what?

Sebestian Shaw and his gang have only been in one which was First Class.

I'm talking about Magneto...whether it's the young or old, good or bad version...the stories around him are getting tedious.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by the ninjak
Regardless I'm pretty upset with the idea of mixing the First Class universe with the old X-men one. Thank you. That's what I've been trying to say but don't think I made it come out that way.

Kazenji
I'm talking about Magneto...whether it's the young or old, good or bad version...the stories around him are getting tedious.

That's like the Superman movies, Of all the villains he's got they keep using Lex Luthor.

marwash22
Regardless I'm pretty upset with the idea of mixing the First Class universe with the old X-men one. is that even the case though?

Seems like they're bringing actors who played characters before, back into the fold, but the continuity is all First Class, and it's as if the other movies didn't even happen.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by marwash22
is that even the case though?

Seems like they're bringing actors who played characters before, back into the fold, but the continuity is all First Class, and it's as if the other movies didn't even happen.

But isn't time travel or some sort of time distortion a part of the story line?

Otherwise you're gonna get older actors trying to play younger versions of their characters...

rox
But isn't time travel or some sort of time distortion a part of the story line?

Otherwise you're gonna get older actors trying to play younger versions of their characters...

Yes

Supra
I heard Patrick Stewart and Ian Mckellan are going to be in it. Why? Just stick with Fassbender and let him do work.

I second that Fassbender is perfect.

Kazenji
Bryan Singer has been useless with his tweets.

rox

Esau Cairn
I watched a cheesey British sci fi flick lastnight called LifeForce(1985), basically about space vampires invading Earth.

Patrick Stewart plays a small part where basically he gets possessed.
Anyway there's one scene where he's captured & drugged....& then gets bound & secured....to a wheel chair.

I'm thinking Singer saw that movie too & thought, "BINGO, Stewart would make a great Xavier!"

Tzeentch._

BruceSkywalker

rox
Maybe this will be good

Kazenji

I'm thinking Singer saw that movie too & thought, "BINGO, Stewart would make a great Xavier!"

Don't really need to watch a movie to get that one.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by rox
Maybe this will be good

it certainly has the potential to be

the ninjak
I watched a cheesey British sci fi flick lastnight called LifeForce(1985), basically about space vampires invading Earth.

Patrick Stewart plays a small part where basically he gets possessed.
Anyway there's one scene where he's captured & drugged....& then gets bound & secured....to a wheel chair.

Awesome movie. Nice Nudity.

Esau Cairn
Awesome movie. Nice Nudity.

20 yr old Mathilda May.

0mega Spawn
Only thing that can redeem these x films is bringing back toad or nightcrawler
You cant have a guy become a badass & damn near solo the x men then kill him off in such an anticlimatic fashion
And wtf is up with nightcrawler having one of the best action seqences in movie history and not give us more?
The only reason I. Watched the rest of the movie was because I was waiting for another scene like it

But all we get is wolverine stabbing people.. wow
Id be watching Friday the 13 if all I wanted to see some guy stab people up every other scene

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by rox
Ali larter from heroes/final destination should have played emma
Ali is hot, though I'm not sure she would've made for a good Emma, but still would've been better than what we got from January Jones. lol

Originally posted by 0mega Spawn
Only thing that can redeem these x films is bringing back toad or nightcrawler
Toad I didn't think was all that, but I agree about Nightcrawler, though Azazel was a good substitute.

And wtf is up with nightcrawler having one of the best action seqences in movie history and not give us more?
The only reason I. Watched the rest of the movie was because I was waiting for another scene like it
From what I remember, Nightcrawler was originally going to be in The Last Stand, though with a more minor role than what he had in X2, but the actor didn't think having less of a role than before would be worth putting on all that makeup again, or something along the lines of that. I don't blame him really.

rox
Ali is hot, though I'm not sure she would've made for a good Emma, but still would've been better than what we got from January Jones. lol

Toad I didn't think was all that, but I agree about Nightcrawler, though Azazel was a good substitute.

From what I remember, Nightcrawler was originally going to be in The Last Stand, though with a more minor role than what he had in X2, but the actor didn't think having less of a role than before would be worth putting on all that makeup again, or something along the lines of that. I don't blame him really.

Ali looks more like emma

rox
i was talking to someone about the cast of twilight and how taylor lautner kristen stewart and boo boo stewart could fit in thex-verse and low and behold i see this headline

Booboo Stewart & Fan BingBing Cast In X-Men Days Of Future Past.

bryan singer twitted a pic of them as cast members.

rox
I am worried about this movie

Kazenji
You should be.

rox
You should be.

are you and why, lets see if its the same reason

Kazenji
If you've been following in the other thread you would know why.

rox
not really. i am worried about it being to over crowed and the movie length being only a hour and some minutes.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by rox
not really. i am worried about it being to over crowed and the movie length being only a hour and some minutes.

most likely this will be over 2 hours,, also i think all the people that are in this will have ample and sufficient screen time

steverules_2
most likely this will be over 2 hours,, also i think all the people that are in this will have ample and sufficient screen time

Not as much as wolverine

DARTH POWER

Unlikely. Singer's never pulled that off successfully before. I doubt he's going to start now with a much bigger cast than any of the previous X movies.

Kazenji
Like to know who Peter Dinklage is playing

got him here in a suit
http://www.slashfilm.com/michael-fassbender-james-mcavoy-and-peter-dinklage-don-70s-garb-on-x-men-days-of-future-past-set/

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by steverules_2
Not as much as wolverine

its my understanding that Logan is the main focus, but might be wrong

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Unlikely. Singer's never pulled that off successfully before. I doubt he's going to start now with a much bigger cast than any of the previous X movies.

well none of us really won't know until next year.. maybe he will, maybe he won't.. i am just hoping for a good take on the storyline..

DARTH POWER
its my understanding that Logan is the main focus, but might be wrong

That wouldn't be anything new. But I doubt it, as Hugh Jackman was told quite late that he was in it.

BruceSkywalker
That wouldn't be anything new. But I doubt it, as Hugh Jackman was told quite late that he was in it.

him being late doesn't mean anything as movies are filmed out of sequence .. also him being told quite late could've been all planned

DARTH POWER
him being late doesn't mean anything as movies are filmed out of sequence .. also him being told quite late could've been all planned

I can see Singer doing this, but will be very disappointed if he does.

We already have a Wolverine movie this year. And First Class was the first X Movie not to center around Wolverine, which as a result was far far better then it's predecessors.

It would be a shame to ruin the sequel by making it all about Logan again.

BruceSkywalker
I can see Singer doing this, but will be very disappointed if he does.

We already have a Wolverine movie this year. And First Class was the first X Movie not to center around Wolverine, which as a result was far far better then it's predecessors.

It would be a shame to ruin the sequel by making it all about Logan again.

yea but movie studios won't see it that way.. its another way for FOX to put people back in theaters so this make a ton of money

DARTH POWER
yea but movie studios won't see it that way.. its another way for FOX to put people back in theaters so this make a ton of money

Well I personally think if they want a bigger boz office then they should learn from Marvel studios. The Avengers didnt become such a hit by just making it all about Iron Man, giving the other heroes a minor role, or even a cameo.

Did they make the most of IM's larger box office draw? Sure. But not at the expense of the other heroes.

BruceSkywalker
Well I personally think if they want a bigger boz office then they should learn from Marvel studios. The Avengers didnt become such a hit by just making it all about Iron Man, giving the other heroes a minor role, or even a cameo.

Did they make the most of IM's larger box office draw? Sure. But not at the expense of the other heroes.

well you just never know

0mega Spawn

Oh yes toad was all that he was completely redesigned in that film from his comic and animated versions. i for one loved it

Toad damn near solod the entire team... toad

Ridley_Prime
To each their own I guess, although Toad being played by Ray Park (if I recall right) was quite a plus admittedly.

quanchi112
Never really got into the xmen films tbh.

the ninjak
The X-men films sucked.

Coming from a lifelong X-men fan.

I have no hope for Days of Future Past.

For the director sucks. He lacks "vision".

And "vision" is the most important thing a storyteller can have.

And Bryan Singer has none of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kazenji
So you didn't like First Class regardless of it being the better one to date?

Kazenji
Some tweets from Singer featuring two pictures

a shot from inside the Oval Office. can spot President Nixon and also one from Vietnam

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2013/06/04/x-men-future-past-bryan-singer-nixon/

DARTH POWER
^ That's actually promising. Because it seems like Mathew Vaughn's touch is still in this film. Connecting real historic events is what he did for First Class and what he had planned for the Sequel.

Kazenji
Maybe a mutant started the Vietnam war.

rox
Not as much as wolverine

this technically shouldb e the only story to feature all the time. the other times were unnecessary

Kazenji
Beast vs Magento,

Seems Beast is trying to drown Magneto

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=81043

jaden101

If they want it to be as big as avengers it's not about packing in heroes left right and centre. Avengers was a success cos it had a well written, witty script and a top drawer original director who knew just the right balance between serious action, humour and cheese.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by jaden101
If they want it to be as big as avengers it's not about packing in heroes left right and centre. Avengers was a success cos it had a well written, witty script and a top drawer original director who knew just the right balance between serious action, humour and cheese.

Oh yeah you can't just pack it with too many superheroes. That's the most worrying thing about this.

But it's also not going to be Avengers big by just focusing on Wolverine. (Like all the previous X-Movies minus FC).

In Avengers, Thor had such cool scenes, as did Hulk. Cap had his part in it too. Whilst IM took the lead but not at the expense of the others. Plus like you mentioned it wasn't just packed with a whole bunch of superheroes having no purpose but just to be in it.

Robtard
Couple things, first, this pic is just lolzyghey:

http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/9002/001tmu.jpg

Second, the fake muscles under Beast's clothing look ridiculous. Should have just have that skinny guy eat and workout some.

jaden101
Sure that's not the filming of the gay porn parody version?

rox
interesting scenes

Ridley_Prime
Am sure it'll look more interesting or believable in the movie, though we know how Beast trying to drown Magneto will go either way.

Rambo Moe
One of my favorite comic story lines.

Everything I've heard about this movie sounds like a mess.

marwash22
sooooo, will this retcon the franchise? Seems like it would be a good way to start completely from scratch and erase all existence of the previous movies, and the actors who played the characters... meaning (hopefully) this is the absolute last time we see Halle Berry as Storm.

marwash22
sooooo, will this retcon the franchise? Seems like it would be a good way to start completely from scratch and erase all existence of the previous movies, and the actors who played the characters... meaning (hopefully) this is the absolute last time we see Halle Berry as Storm.

also, Beast's chest looks very Liefeld-ish in that pic.

BruceSkywalker
also, Beast's chest looks very Liefeld-ish in that pic.

not if Hugh Jackman has his way

rox
i wonder how warpath will fit into this story

KingD19
Half of the people they crammed in there probably won't fit well. They're just putting people in the story for the hell of it now.

Kazenji
And we all know Bryan Singer an't no Joss Whedon.

Ridley_Prime
Sigh.

marwash22
http://www.superherohype.com/images/stories/2013/July/DOFP1.jpg
http://www.superherohype.com/images/stories/2013/July/DOFP2.jpg
http://www.superherohype.com/images/stories/2013/July/DOFP3.jpg
http://www.superherohype.com/images/stories/2013/July/DOFP4.jpg
http://www.superherohype.com/images/stories/2013/July/DOFP5.jpg
http://www.superherohype.com/images/stories/2013/July/DOFP6.jpg

marwash22
Still not feeling the way Beast looks.

Kento
Beast isn't Kelsey Grammer? But nobody else works for Beast.

Robtard
Picard's looking old

Darth Martin
Why are Gandalf and Picard in this? Jesus, give the reigns to Fassbender and McAvoy. Those old guys had their turn.

marwash22
Originally posted by Kento
Beast isn't Kelsey Grammer? But nobody else works for Beast. dunno why he didn't return. Maybe a scheduling conflict. His show "Boss" hadn't been canceled yet when DoFP started production.

Originally posted by Robtard
Picard's looking old Has he ever NOT looked old?

He's the white Morgan Freeman.

marwash22
Why are Gandalf and Picard in this? Jesus, give the reigns to Fassbender and McAvoy. Those old guys had their turn. Even though i loved Picard and Gandalf in those roles, i really hope this movie retcons them out of existence.

KingD19
And we all know Bryan Singer an't no Joss Whedon.

What's funny is he shows how childish and petty he is.

Joss Whedon: I think I can make Quicksilver really work in Avengers 2. I can find a way to make him shine and show people how cool he is as a character.

Singer: -sees that Whedon wants to use Quicksilver- Oh, uhhh, well ummmm. Quicksilver has super speed! That looks cool in a movie right? -changes the script- We need Quicksilver. Only his abilities can help us.

rox
Originally posted by KingD19
What's funny is he shows how childish and petty he is.

Joss Whedon: I think I can make Quicksilver really work in Avengers 2. I can find a way to make him shine and show people how cool he is as a character.

Singer: -sees that Whedon wants to use Quicksilver- Oh, uhhh, well ummmm. Quicksilver has super speed! That looks cool in a movie right? -changes the script- We need Quicksilver. Only his abilities can help us.

i am too scared for this movie.

Kazenji
Viral Site

http://www.trask-industries.com/

Kazenji
Footage Reactions

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/movienewsandreviews/news/?a=83778

Peter Dinklage is Bolivar Trask.........eer

isn't that character supposed to be slightly taller.

Ridley_Prime
laughing out loud

DARTH POWER
Bryan Singer says Deadpool is a possibility for future X-Men movies but he's not in DOFP when responding to a fan question.

Wow someone whose NOT in this movie.

Quicksilver will be a character in the 1970's portion of the film.

I'm guessing he won't be Magneto's son then..

Kazenji
From the sound of things Deadpool is going to be in the X-Force movie.

Darth Martin
I never read Days of Future Past. All I know is it has to deal with the Trask Sentinels hunting down the mutants.

So apparently, Wolverine is the one who is going to travel back in time.

Singer is going to royally **** this up.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/frustrated.gif

Kazenji
I never read Days of Future Past. All I know is it has to deal with the Trask Sentinels hunting down the mutants.

Actually its about an incident in modern day which starts up anti-mutant hysteria

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Days_of_Future_Past

Regarding wolverine going back in time, That was Kitty Pryde's role in the story and X-Men TAS with that they used Bishop.

Darth Martin
Right. Then they use the Sentinels to hunt them down. I watched TAS.

It's just annoying how Wolverine gets pushed into the spotlight with this franchise. Having him in a cameo during First Class was perfect.

Estacado
Havok kid still looks like he needs a punch in the face...

Kazenji
It should be focused on Cyclops running the team since X-men 1.

but since he's been killed off

also that's another thing with this story, Its the mutant Brotherhood killing Senator Kelly

i don't know who's going to be used for the assasination now.

rox
I think this will be mixed like the comic and xmen tas

0mega Spawn
Please tell me that guy playing bishop doesn't have fake dreads omfg this movie is going to be so dam shitty

Kazenji
The phuck.... no expression

so all that's going to take is someone's dreadlocks to make a movie shitty for you.

0mega Spawn
Among all the other costume fails yes

DARTH POWER
Please tell me that guy playing bishop doesn't have fake dreads omfg this movie is going to be so dam shitty

Among all the other costume fails yes

Although there's no excuse for shitty costumes, that's hardly what would ruin a movie for me.

And wtf's your issue with dreadlocks? Who gives a s***? Just be glad Bishop's in it and he's still Black.

0mega Spawn
I have no issues with dreadlocks.
Its just being that im a barber who constantly deals with hair something so atrocious as fake dreads tend to stick out like a sore thumb. Hell he might as well be wearing a powdered wig

Darth Vicious
Why are Gandalf and Picard in this? Jesus, give the reigns to Fassbender and McAvoy. Those old guys had their turn.
Two different timelines. Picard/Gandalf future. McAvoy/Fassbender the past.

The_Tempest
All you comic junkies want to explain to me just exactly how Trask's Sentinels are so dangerous as to necessitate a cross-temporal alliance between the world's strongest mutants? Why can't Magneto, who deadlifted the Golden Gate Bridge, just crush them effortlessly alone?

jaden101
Originally posted by The_Tempest
All you comic junkies want to explain to me just exactly how Trask's Sentinels are so dangerous as to necessitate a cross-temporal alliance between the world's strongest mutants? Why can't Magneto, who deadlifted the Golden Gate Bridge, just crush them effortlessly alone?

Cos $

That's how.

Paul2mith
does anyone think this will work as a reboot-retcon-sequel especially since they are combining the cast from the first 3 and first class.http://village.ladysclothes.com/11.jpg

jaden101
It doesn't matter. It doesn't matter if it fits with 1 timeline or the other or both or neither. The tipping point for the x-men movies was reached a long time ago. The producers know that people will flock in droves to any old shit with a marvel badge stuck on regardless whether it makes any ****ing sense at all.

-Pr-
Bryan Singer's in charge. How anyone can be expecting it to make sense is beyond me.

Kazenji
Originally posted by jaden101
Cos $

That's how.

Bryan Singer & FOx....nuff said.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by -Pr-
Bryan Singer's in charge. How anyone can be expecting it to make sense is beyond me.

Don't really think making sense was a big issue for Singer. It was his diversion away from the source material and dull plots which made his previous superhero movies suck.

Hopefully that won't be as much of an issue this time as he's basing it on the DOFP comic book. So the story and villains are all there set up for him. All he has to do is incorporate that story into the X Movie-verse. Let's hope he can do that much.

Ridley_Prime
Either way I'm sure it'll at least be more enjoyable than The Wolverine no matter how much a Singer cluster**** the movie may become, though it'll be another Logan wankfest like everything else that isn't First Class.

Arachnid1
Bryan Singer's in charge. How anyone can be expecting it to make sense is beyond me. The guy was involved with every single good Xmen movie and has other good movies like Valkyrie under his belt. Man, dude makes one bad super hero movie (Superman Returns) and he's automatically a bad news.

DARTH POWER
though it'll be another Logan wankfest like everything else that isn't First Class.

Shouldn't be. Charles and Eric should end up stealing the spotlight in this one I think.

Originally posted by Arachnid1
The guy was involved with every single good Xmen movie and has other good movies like Valkyrie under his belt. Man, dude makes one bad super hero movie (Superman Returns) and he's automatically a bad news.

X1 & 2 really destroyed the source material with their demotion of Cyclops for one. Also the X1 plot was pretty dull. X2 was an entertaining film, but in that one Cyclops had basically become a cameo.

And SR really was a huge screw up. But I really hope he does make amends with this one.

Ridley_Prime
It wasn't just that Superman Returns was bad but the fact that at the time Singer jumped ships from Marvel to DC which ****ed over X-Men 3 and made it a lot worse than it could've been if he had still been behind it. Then again, with his dislike of Cyclops, he might've still killed him off anyway.

It's good about old Charles being back but not all the damage X3 did has been undone still.

rox
Has anyone checked out the trask industries viral site

Kazenji
Yeah i posted that

Viral Site

http://www.trask-industries.com/

i'm surprised its taken this long to put Sentinels in a movie.

Zack Fair
me too.

Zack Fair
Sentinels were always one of my favorite aspects of the xmen.

Darth Martin
Shouldn't be. Charles and Eric should end up stealing the spotlight in this one I think. We can only hope. The Wolverine wanking by Fox exists unfortunately.

Kazenji
92YBR9gEyYI

Zack Fair
thumb up

Esau Cairn
So the Sents have exposed cables around their necks....

Hmmm...spoiler alert.

Kazenji
How is that a spoiler?

unless your hinting at Cable himself.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Arachnid1
The guy was involved with every single good Xmen movie and has other good movies like Valkyrie under his belt. Man, dude makes one bad super hero movie (Superman Returns) and he's automatically a bad news.

"Good X-Men movie". Where? Or did you mean "good Wolverine movie"?

And tbh, I've been unhappy with him since the first X-Men movie.

ares834
"Good X-Men movie". Where? Or did you mean "good Wolverine movie"?

Pfft. They mean the same thing. smokin'

Anyway, I tend to think Singer gets a bad rep. X2 was great and the first was good.

Esau Cairn
How is that a spoiler?

unless your hinting at Cable himself.

Everytime you saw Bane in a cartoon with a bloody tube dangling, you already knew he was going to be defeated by having the tube ripped out...

I'm just sayin' might be the same with the Sents.

-Pr-
Originally posted by ares834

Anyway, I tend to think Singer gets a bad rep. X2 was great and the first was good.

Don't agree, tbh.

Kazenji

I'm just sayin' might be the same with the Sents.

Well they can be defeated in many ways, Not just by cutting those cables

tzp7XVB-jQs

Kazenji
Peter Dinklage as Bolivar Trask

Ridley_Prime

Compared to First Class, the first two Singer films were like average at best IMO.

steverules_2
X-men and X2 were a lot better than X-Men: Last stand

DARTH POWER

That's true in terms of just being an entertaining movie for your general audience. But they really reduced Cyclops role in that movie which was annoying because he didn't even have a big enough role in the first one.

X-men and X2 were a lot better than X-Men: Last stand

That doesn't say much.

Yeah i posted that

i'm surprised its taken this long to put Sentinels in a movie.

True. Was expecting them in the first or second movie. Then by the third just assumed they're never going to make a proper appearance.

Kazenji
Singer should'eve done an X-Force movie, Since he gives Wolverine alot of screen time.

steverules_2
That doesn't say much.

Says they were better erm Least in X2 we had a phoenix

DARTH POWER
Says they were better erm Least in X2 we had a phoenix

X2 was the best of the original 3. It was generally an entertaining movie, but I don't see the point in having a Phoenix but then just having Cyclops locked up for the majority of the movie.

But I see your point. X2 + First Class are whats giving me any hope for this movie.

Singer should'eve done an X-Force movie, Since he gives Wolverine alot of screen time.

I don't think he will be the star of this movie (at least I hope not). I think the intention was to always just add him to help ratings, as First Class did not do as well as Wolverine Origins at the box office believe it or not.

steverules_2
Cyclops locked up?

Kazenji

I don't think he will be the star of this movie (at least I hope not). I think the intention was to always just add him to help ratings, as First Class did not do as well as Wolverine Origins at the box office believe it or not.

Regardless of box office statistics and all that, First Class was heaps better then Origins.

steverules_2
Regardless of box office statistics and all that, First Class was heaps better then Origins.

It was better yeah but when it comes down to it they care more about it making money than anything else

Kazenji
Sad how the world works when it comes to box office statistics

"oooooh its made heaps it must be good" .

DARTH POWER
Cyclops locked up?

In X2 him and Xavier were captured early on, then we don't see Cyclops again until towards the end.

There is a cut scene which shows him in some kind of prison.

Of course. It was by far the best of all the X-Men movies Imo. And it's in my top 5 fav super-hero movies of all time.

There's lots of factors when it comes to box office. Fact is First Class did not have much hype to it (perhaps because there was no Wolverine), and was a reboot of sorts. But I always predicted a sequel would do very well at the box office. Because it was a fantastic movie(also perhaps because there was no Wolverine for a change), and word of mouth spreads sometimes after a movie is done at theatres. Just look at Batman Begins.

dadudemon
(perhaps because there was no Wolverine)

Sorry to ride your knutz but it did have Wolverine and, in fact, Wolverine had the best scene in the whole film. big grin

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>