Street level character able to fix...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ColossusGrundy
With all the corruption, drug wars, gang wars, fraud, indifference from the citizens, apathy of the government, unemployment, high tempers and overall crime, who is the street level character able to fix a city such as Detroit?

I don't mean cut down on crime, I mean FIX the town so that it begins to repair itself. So that its police begin to gain control and the government begins to do its job. So that the citizens stop fearing the city and it begins to attract new business and citizens.

Gotham would be a comic equivalent in my view. This pretty much leaves Bats out, since Gotham is a screwed up as when he started.

If no street levels are able to do so, moving up the ladder, who can?

Sin I AM
any shigh street with considerable resources like batman or black panther can do it

Originally posted by ColossusGrundy
With all the corruption, drug wars, gang wars, fraud, indifference from the citizens, apathy of the government, unemployment, high tempers and overall crime, who is the street level character able to fix a city such as Detroit?

I don't mean cut down on crime, I mean FIX the town so that it begins to repair itself. So that its police begin to gain control and the government begins to do its job. So that the citizens stop fearing the city and it begins to attract new business and citizens.

Gotham would be a comic equivalent in my view. This pretty much leaves Bats out, since Gotham is a screwed up as when he started.

If no street levels are able to do so, moving up the ladder, who can? none. see: reed richards is useless

pym-ftw
Cap with a speech

FOOM
"Cap with a speech"

Damn, I was going to say that.

Well, you've got my vote for the number one answer.

bluewaterrider
Originally posted by ColossusGrundy

If no street levels are able to do so, moving up the ladder, who can?

Dr. Doom.

You need to have someone charismatic, understanding of human nature, focused on the bottom line and what actually gets results from people in the real world, able to motivate others, highly intelligent, not hesitant to use physical force, not morally conflicted, able to make coalitions with significant allies, and capable enough to legitimately face down the United States Government and other institutional power structures that currently prevent the city from reaching its rightful potential.

juggerman
Red Son Lex Luthor

bluewaterrider
Originally posted by juggerman
Red Son Lex Luthor

Local problems are actually global problems once you get to the "city with millions of residents and worldwide industry (auto) level".

Red Son's Lex Luthor, absent a Superman to distract him, probably WOULD do a better job than anyone, eventually. Unlike Doom, he even found ways to make the world's governments cooperate with him, meaning he wouldn't have to waste time figuring out how to subdue them, as Doom must.

I'll give your vote top nod followed by Doom, then:

1) Red Son Lex Luthor (assuming no Superman in the world)
2) Dr. Doom (assuming no Reed Richards in the world)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.