The Surfer Challenge!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Is there a single character that has shown more versatility than Surfer? Trans tier or below.

abhilegend
Originally posted by carver9
Is there a single character that has shown more versatility than Surfer? Trans tier or below. Iron man. Zatanna.

carver9
No.

abhilegend
No. Wanna bet?

TheHulk
Originally posted by abhilegend
Wanna bet? Zantana yes.Iron man no

Supermex
No Surfer Got to much raw power..

Is there a single character that has shown more versatility than Surfer? Trans tier or below. classic doctor strange

TheLordofMurder
Is there a single character that has shown more versatility than Surfer? Trans tier or below.

Do you consider Proteus Trans?

If so, he definitely could do more than Surfer...

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by 753
classic doctor strange

Good answer!

thumb up

Galan007
Firestorm.

http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/15265441_Come-at-me-bro.jpg

keiththegreat
Any Mage really

"Id"
Not a very tough challange

DCnU Captain Atom
Dark Horse Solar
Voidtry
Plutonian
Various incarnations Dr. Fate (Classic, Hector, Inza)
Genis-Vell
Shaman X-Man

Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Do you consider Proteus Trans?

If so, he definitely could do more than Surfer... I thought about him and in principle he could, but by feats, i dont think he actually has.

Originally posted by "Id"
Not a very tough challange

DCnU Captain Atom
Dark Horse Solar
Voidtry
Plutonian
Various incarnations Dr. Fate (Classic, Hector, Inza)
Genis-Vell
Shaman X-Man

SNG is just a hair below versatily-wise

voidtry is the same as proteus, he might be more versatile, but by feats, he is somewhat lacking. Legion sans reality warping is a good candidate but suffers from the same.

has the plutonian already shown that much versatility on panel?

fate and genis-vell are solid I suppose. what puts DCNU CA beyond surfer?

Brockalizer
Legion, Sentry/Void, Jean Grey, Allen Scott

carver9
So these people showed more versatility "on panel" than Surfer?

Damborgson
Thor+Mjolnir will give Surfer a run for his money. Possible enough for the win.

Brockalizer
So these people showed more versatility "on panel" than Surfer? By versatile are you thinking historical capacity or multi-tasking capacity?

pym-ftw
Jeremy Briggs

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by Galan007
Firestorm.

http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/15265441_Come-at-me-bro.jpg "I can't transmute organic matter yo"

kgkg
There is no correct answer.

leonidas
in terms of sheer on panel versatility over time?? i may just agree with kg on this one. thor could be close, but lacks consistent diversity imo. ss has done pretty well everything from time travel to astral projection to tp assaults to high level matter manip, physical power, superspeed....... he's been shown to be able to use almost every type of power at one point or another. about all he's lacking is reality manip and that's hard to come by at this level. i think others have greater versatility in specific areas, (FS can manip matter better probably, nate is more versatile with tp, etc) but i can't really think of anyone across the board more versatile. certainly not with the showings over time. even mages only use a single powerset--magic. the effects can be wide ranging, but sheer displayed versatility of powers? ss is extremely hard to beat.....

Originally posted by Damborgson
Thor+Mjolnir will give Surfer a run for his money. Possible enough for the win. thumb up mjolnir can do almost anythign the PC can, but it's lost its lacking a time manipulation gimmick, slight edge to surfer.

Originally posted by leonidas
in terms of sheer on panel versatility over time?? i may just agree with kg on this one. thor could be close, but lacks consistent diversity imo. ss has done pretty well everything from time travel to astral projection to tp assaults to high level matter manip, physical power, superspeed....... he's been shown to be able to use almost every type of power at one point or another. about all he's lacking is reality manip and that's hard to come by at this level. i think others have greater versatility in specific areas, (FS can manip matter better probably, nate is more versatile with tp, etc) but i can't really think of anyone across the board more versatile. certainly not with the showings over time. even mages only use a single powerset--magic. the effects can be wide ranging, but sheer displayed versatility of powers? ss is extremely hard to beat..... agreed, but by the same token, the power cosmic can be considered just one power that can produce a wide range of results. excluding the high end mages, I dont see SS beat here either.

leonidas
fair enough. it is a single power source, akin to magic in that sense i suppose. his version of it is just far more wide ranging than the pc of the other heralds.

yeah, he is a tiny galactus. the others just got a few thematic powers matching their designs. I always thought the in-universe cause of this was rooted in norrin's history and personality: the dreamer/ astrophyscist/explorer/martyr schtick.

Branlor Swift
Comparable, or better:

Loki, Zatanna, Strange, Daredevil, Thor, Firestorm, Iron Man if you factor in every single different suit... not individual however.

Not sure if Zatanna, Loki have as wide ranging of feats, but they should be easily comparable

Thor as well, but he'd be a lot better if he wasn't such a doofus at times. Though this goes for Surfer as well...

^daredevil?

tkitna
Doom

Oh sorry. It just seemed like the right answer.

pym-ftw
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Jeremy Briggs

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by 753
^daredevil? He's one of the most versatile characters in existance.

k

kgkg
Isn't that the blind guy.

Damborgson
Originally posted by 753
thumb up mjolnir can do almost anythign the PC can, but it's lost its lacking a time manipulation gimmick, slight edge to surfer.

That's true. I'd like to compare and see who can list off the most feats. Thor's got some pretty abstract shit going on for him too.

Endless Mike
Resurrection Man

TheGodKiller
Mister M.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.