Gorr VS Thor, Orion, Captain Marvel

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LordofBrooklyn
Gorr

VS

Thor

Orion

Captain Marvel

Homicide or heroes?

Horrificus
Gorr

kakuzu
after seeing him taking ofn three thors not holding back and going through planets, taking on these three won't be much different. I know some one will try to say captain marvel will use speed he never really ever uses in comics but will use for this fight, thats fine he will make his death fast by running into the tendrils...

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
Gorr

VS

Thor

Orion

Captain Marvel

Homicide or heroes?
From what we've seen from Gorr so far, it's a stomp bordering on spite against the team.

Branlor Swift
Billy solos. The others die though

ares834
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
From what we've seen from Gorr so far, it's a stomp bordering on spite against the team.

Not sure how Gorr stomps. He still wins though.

TheGodKiller
Gorr embodies deicide, not homicide...

eaebiakuya
I guess King Thor >>> this other guys in the thread...

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by ares834
Not sure how Gorr stomps. He still wins though.

Maybe because he's murdered and enslaved countless pantheons of gods? Or is it because he can own a 3 man team consisting of a skyfather (albeit slightly weakened), a high herald, and a mid herald?

Dunno... Take ure pick.

JakeTheBank
Gorr.

ares834
Maybe because he's murdered and enslaved countless pantheons of gods?

Do we actually see him kill all thee gods? No, we don't. Who knows how he killed some of the more powerful ones.

Or is it because he can own a 3 man team consisting of a skyfather (albeit slightly weakened), a high herald, and a mid herald?

Dunno... Take ure pick.

Why is Old Thor a skyfather? He doesn't have the feats to suggest that he operates at that level. Yes, yes, he has the Odin-force (or as it's called now the Thor-force) but he claims it's all mostly used up. So, no I don't see how he is a skyfather.

Anyway, Gorr didn't stomp the team of three Thors, don't see how he stomps this *slightly* inferior team.

Branlor Swift
Why is Old Thor a skyfather? He doesn't have the feats to suggest that he operates at that level. Yes, yes, he has the Odin-force (or as it's called now the Thor-force) but he claims it's all mostly used up. So, no I don't see how he is a skyfather.

Anyway, Gorr didn't stomp the team of three Thors, don't see how he stomps this *slightly* inferior team. Because his Thor Force is back to full power, and he's presumably the one who killed Desakstroyer.

Plus he's had the Odin Force far longer than Odin.

ares834
Where is it mentioned that the Thor Force is back to full power?

celeyhyga17
Do we actually see him kill all thee gods? No, we don't. Who knows how he killed some of the more powerful ones.

Anyway, Gorr didn't stomp the team of three Thors, don't see how he stomps this *slightly* inferior team.

Way to lowball.

Branlor Swift
Where is it mentioned that the Thor Force is back to full power? considering the only indication that he was weakened was that Thor started feeling the Thor Force again...
Plus there's also the part where it says the All Father unleashed.

iceman24567
Gorr wins

ares834
Way to lowball.

laughing out loud

Present something that suggest Old Thor is a skyfather then.

Originally posted by Branlor Swift
considering the only indication that he was weakened was that Thor started feeling the Thor Force again...
Plus there's also the part where it says the All Father unleashed.

"I daresay I even feel the rumblings of the Thor-Force within me once again, which I had long since though forever spent."

That certainly doesn't sound like the Thor-Force is back at full power to me.

Branlor Swift
laughing out loud

"I daresay I even feel the rumblings of the Thor-Force within me once again, which I had long since though forever spent."

That certainly doesn't sound like the Thor-Force is back at full power to me. But that sounds like it's weakened?

ares834
When I read it, yes. It seems that it's a last reserve that Thor unknowingly had.

celeyhyga17
laughing out loud

Didn't I say weakened?

Anyways.. Show me a herald who can casually blast extremely powerful opponents with enough force to push them light-years away.

Flash fact: One light-year is the distance of nearly 6 trillion miles!!!

Way to lowball Gorr murdering and enslaving countless pantheons of gods.

ares834
Didn't I say weakened?

Anyways.. Show me a herald who can casually blast extremely powerful opponents with enough force to push them light-years away.

I never said he was a high-herald. Trans was what I was thinking. But, yeah, that is a damn good feat. Still not entirely convinced he is a skyfather but he seems close.

Way to lowball Gorr murdering and enslaving countless pantheons of gods.

It's off panel. We don't how it went down. Who knows if he did it himself or used his hounds, etc... It's like the supposed Sentry/Galactus fight.

Branlor Swift
When I read it, yes. It seems that it's a last reserve that Thor unknowingly had. "And now it is mine once more"

nothing about anything there indicates it was weakened. he just got his power back, that's all

Also, we saw the start of the Elder God fight, and the end of it with Gorr roughed up a little. Plus he empowers the hounds so there's that...

ares834
Ah, it seems you are right.

celeyhyga17
I never said he was a high-herald. Trans was what I was thinking. But, yeah, that is a damn good feat. Still not entirely convinced he is a skyfather but he seems close.

It's off panel. We don't how it went down. Who knows if he did it himself or used his hounds, etc... It's like the supposed Sentry/Galactus fight.
Let me ask you this. Did you even read both arcs?

Branlor Swift
I believe Gorr also said something about honor in his fighting style.

But he's a very physical fighter, so there's not much mystery around how he killed them.

The real mystery is what he did to the three Thor's in the sun. Seemed blastery.

ares834
Let me ask you this. Did you even read both arcs?

Yes...

Yamcha
I at first thought Gorr was just another Desak, but this guy is on a whole other level it would seem. Seeing the assault Gorr took I honestly thought they were going to put him down, but at the end I was just in shock an awe "What the hell is this guy?.." I found myself wondering..but he holds true to his title, he's certainly a God Butcher. I can certainly see the team putting up a fight but when the dust settles I still think Gorr will be the one left standing.

celeyhyga17
Seriously though, I can't even begin to fathom how you can compare it to that mystery (Sentry/Galactus fight).

In Gorr's case, we have actual corpses of named gods hailing from various galaxies. And what do all the corpses have in common? They have the same exact characteristics of wounds inflicted on Thor. We have missing limbs, punctures, cuts, and all have the black ooze dripping from them.

You pose the question of how it went down? I'll tell you how. They got their asses stabbed to death, that's how!

One god was so gigantic he was known to wrestle black holes for fun. Falligar the behemoth who was the god of galactic frontiers. Oh and by the way, he was a nobody who happened to be a champion of the tournament of the immortals for five centuries straight!

I mean the blatant lowballing is mind boggling.

ares834
So you retort with... strawmans.

celeyhyga17
So you retort with... strawmans.
No my friend. I think you're confusing iron-clad circumstantial evidence for straw-manning.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Gorr I guess.

ares834
No my friend. I think you're confusing iron-clad circumstantial evidence for straw-manning.

Except, nothing you posted really addressed my argument. That Gorr killed some gods himself wasn't the question. The question is how did he do it: did he assassinate them, did he have help with some of them, etc...

The simple fact is we don't know. Regardless, his other feats are more impressive than killing "fodder" gods IMO.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Help? Gorr works alone. He can create Berserkers out of his weapon so I guess you can call that help. Otherwise I assume he assassinated or just straight up murdered them.

celeyhyga17
Except, nothing you posted really addressed my argument. That Gorr killed some gods himself wasn't the question. The question is how did he do it: did he assassinate them, did he have help with some of them, etc...

The simple fact is we don't know. Regardless, his other feats are more impressive than killing "fodder" gods IMO.

Huh? Where in the whole run did Aaron once hinted on an "ally" in background? The only "help" he has are the black berserkers who are essentially a part of him.

I mean I could be totally wrong and the story takes a complete left turn if an ally emerges from the shadows, but I just don't see that happening.

You can say fodder all you want, but they actually gave a detailed background of how powerful one of his victims (god previously mentioned) can be. Pretty much letting the reader know he has butchered all types of gods whether they be big, small, weak, or powerful.

ares834
By help I meant his berserkers, yes.

celeyhyga17
By help I meant his berserkers, yes.
The berserkers are part of him. It's part of his power set.

ares834
Sure. But he has an army of them by the time of the comic. While, he can spawn several at a time I have a hard time believing he can spawn hundreds at once.

DarkOdin
Originally posted by kakuzu
after seeing him taking ofn three thors not holding back and going through planets, taking on these three won't be much different. I know some one will try to say captain marvel will use speed he never really ever uses in comics but will use for this fight, thats fine he will make his death fast by running into the tendrils... The 3 Thors were way above Gorr until he amped by killing gods he had in slaved, apparently he runs on god blood

ares834
I'd assume the Gorr in this thread is the super amped one.

ODG
Sure. But he has an army of them by the time of the comic. While, he can spawn several at a time I have a hard time believing he can spawn hundreds at once. ... you should probably re-read the story. You can start with Thor God of Thunder #1 where we have this scene:

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Random/Gorr01.jpg

Before Gorr amped himself with his remaining slave gods' blood.

ares834
How does that contradict anything I said?

But he has an army of them by the time of the comic.

What I'm questioning is his ability to create an army like that quickly.

ODG
^ What you're doing is moving the goalposts and equivocating over whether or not the black berserkers represent an extension of Gorr's power. They do. They come from him directly. They respond to his summons. There can be hundreds of them at a time while Gorr gleefully tortures gods elsewhere. They can morph into a giant worm and accompany him in a fight.

Gorr was the one who murdered the gods across the cosmos. If you have evidence he had outside help or evidence that the black berserkers aren't a part of him, then post it.

celeyhyga17
How does that contradict anything I said?

What I'm questioning is his ability to create an army like that quickly.
Ure now making me question that you've actually read both arcs. The scope of Gorr's capabilities and the writers intent when it comes to his power level should be pretty clear cut.

ares834
Originally posted by ODG
^ What you're doing is moving the goalposts and equivocating over whether or not the black berserkers represent an extension of Gorr's power. They do. They come from him directly. They respond to his summons. There can be hundreds of them at a time while Gorr gleefully tortures gods elsewhere. They can morph into a giant worm and accompany him in a fight.

Gorr was the one who murdered the gods across the cosmos. If you have evidence he had outside help or evidence that the black berserkers aren't a part of him, then post it.

laughing out loud

Right at the beginning of the debate I was questioning if Gorr himself did or his "hounds". I'm not moving the goalpost at all.

It's off panel. We don't how it went down. Who knows if he did it himself or used his hounds, etc...

I never denied that they weren't an extension of his power. However, they are of little to no consequence to Gorr's personal combat ability.

Perhaps, I read celeyhyga17 post wrong, but I beleived he was using Gorr butchering of all these gods as a combat feat. My point has always been we don't know how they fights went. And using them as evidence that Gorr would stomp these three characters is faulty.

ODG
laughing out loud

Right at the beginning of the debate I was questioning if Gorr himself did or his "hounds". I'm not moving the goalpost at all. The Hounds ARE Gorr. They're LITERALLY a part of him.

ares834
So you focus on the wording rather than the content.

Anyway, if Gorr has his army of them in this thread than yes, Gorr stomps. But, I'm assuming that the Gorr in this thread does not. He can create them sure, but (in the post you quoted earlier) I question his ability to create an army of them quickly.

ODG
So you focus on the wording rather than the content. You typed a sentence that has absolutely nothing to do with anything. Congratulations. Originally posted by ares834
Anyway, if Gorr has his army of them in this thread than yes, Gorr stomps. But, I'm assuming that the Gorr in this thread does not. He can create them sure, but (in the post you quoted earlier) I question his ability to create an army of them quickly. The army is Gorr. If you have evidence that the black berserkers don't actually emerge out of Gorr's body, and are pieces of him, and respond to his thoughts, and fuel him directly when killing gods elsewhere, post it. Because there's evidence of all of this. And it makes your attempted parsing fruitless.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Questioning Gorr's abilities is silly. We saw him easily and instantly recall the army of Black Berserkers from Asgard. We saw him command the Black Berserker's to slay the Gods on his planet, create a giant Serpent and call it to his aid from light years across almost instantly.

ares834
Originally posted by ODG
You typed a sentence that has absolutely nothing to do with anything. Congratulations.

Thanks! That's exactly the reply I was looking for to your statement earlier.

Originally posted by ODG
The army is Gorr. If you have evidence that the black berserkers don't actually emerge out of Gorr's body, and are pieces of him, and respond to his thoughts, and fuel him directly when killing gods elsewhere, post it. Because there's evidence of all of this. And it makes your attempted parsing fruitless.

Starwman. I've not denied that the beserkers are a part of Gorr's weapon.

If he has them all in this thread than he stomps. My assumption was that he doesn't.

ODG
^ So your assumption was that Gorr is unarmed in this thread?

ares834
No, he still has the rest of it.

ODG
^ So he only has part of his weapon in this thread. That was your assumption. Where do you think that army of hundreds of black berserkers that was sieging future Asgard went to when they were summoned away? They went straight to and re-merged directly with Gorr:

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Random/th_Gorr02.jpg

Because they are literally a part of him:

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Random/Gorr03.jpg Originally posted by ares834
I've not denied that the beserkers are a part of Gorr's weapon. So what, again, is the reason you thought Gorr only had part of his powers here again?

Mindset
In ares' defense, he hasn't read the comics.

ares834
Originally posted by ODG
^ So he only has part of his weapon in this thread. That was your assumption. Where do you think that army of hundreds of black berserkers that was sieging future Asgard went to when they were summoned away? They went straight to and re-merged directly with Gorr:

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Random/th_Gorr02.jpg

Interesting. I did not realize they reemerged with him. It does imply he can summon them all at once. In that, I was wrong.

But all of this still doesn't change my original point: we don't know how Gorr killed many of the gods. Was it direct combat, assassination, etc..

Originally posted by Mindset
In ares' defense, he hasn't read the comics.

And yet, I provided a direct quote as evidence. Hard to do that if I've never read them.

CPT Space Bomb
Gorr wins. Until we see what happens in the next few God of Thunder issues, he's too much for this team.

Mindset
And yet, I provided a direct quote as evidence. Hard to do that if I've never read them. I agree, that was impressive.

You're one tricky fella.

celeyhyga17
Interesting. I did not realize they reemerged with him. It does imply he can summon them all at once. In that, I was wrong.

But all of this still doesn't change my original point: we don't know how Gorr killed many of the gods. Was it direct combat, assassination, etc..

And yet, I provided a direct quote as evidence. Hard to do that if I've never read them.
You told me earlier you've read both arcs. How did you not know that they were part of him and that he can easily merge them back to himself?
embarrasment

ares834
Originally posted by Mindset
I agree, that was impressive.

You're one tricky fella.

What can I say, I'm a talented individual.

You told me earlier you've read both arcs. How did you not know that they were part of him and that he can easily merge back to him?
embarrasment

I read comics, I don't tend to analyze them and remember every little detail. And, I knew they were a part of his weapon, I didn't realize they all remerged with him.

celeyhyga17
I read comics, I don't tend to analyze them and remember every little detail. And, I knew they were a part of his weapon, I didn't realize they all remerged with him.
Yeah but that's such an important detail that you seem to have forgotten. There's even a whole flashback issue dedicated to how he gained these abilities. Inside it clearly portrays the metamorphic properties of said powers and how it's virtually a part of him.

Branlor Swift
Gorr can make a shit ton of hounds if he wants to.

He won't need it... if this were Superman instead of Billy, but this is pretty overwhelming odds.

It should be Billy vs Gorr, Thor, and Or... ion

ares834
Yeah but that's such an important detail that you seem to have forgotten. There's even a whole flashback issue dedicated to how he gained these abilities. Inside it clearly portrays the metamorphic properties of said powers and how it's virtually a part of him.

lol

Except, in said issue, we don't see him have all of his hounds remerge with him. I just didn't realize he could return them all at once which implies he can summon them all at once as well.

Stoic
I just read it. From what I saw of the end of that book, Gorr wins this convincingly. At least for now.

carver9
Ares doesn't know what he is talking about. He's a nice fella but the comic make it obvious how Gor has been killing the gods...even showed on panel him killing an army of gods when he needed more power.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.