A bit of Sith irony

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Q99
One thing I find ironic- of all the various sith councils, the 'survival of the fittest, whoever can hold the post,' ones always have people there for political reasons (including, in the old empire, a defenseless severed head!), while the 'purely by appointment,' One Sith inner circle has every last one a strong fighter.

GenomeFrozener
I kinda find it funny when another Sith calls another Sith a 'pretender'. I believe being a Sith isn't something like joining a club, it is more of a belief as Kreia put it.

Q99
Originally posted by GenomeFrozener
I kinda find it funny when another Sith calls another Sith a 'pretender'. I believe being a Sith isn't something like joining a club, it is more of a belief as Kreia put it.

Yea. If you call yourself a sith, follow sith beliefs, and kill everyone who disagrees? Then you're a sith!

Especially if that everyone includes other sith. There's multiple instances of sith calling other sith pretenders only to get their butts kicked.

Vensai
I never really got the difference between Sith and dark Jedi since Sith were originally Jedi.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Vensai
I never really got the difference between Sith and dark Jedi since Sith were originally Jedi. It's just an organizational affiliation.

Q99
Originally posted by Vensai
I never really got the difference between Sith and dark Jedi since Sith were originally Jedi.

Any Jedi who turns to the dark side is called a Dark Jedi. (As well as, occasionally and more generically, people who were taught the dark side to begin with. Like, say, the members of the Shadow Academy, who were simply taught by a Dark Jedi teacher).

A Sith is someone who follows the teachings that comes from one of the lineages that came from the Hundred Year Darkness/Second Schism Dark Jedi, i.e. the first Dark Lords of the Sith.

Additionally, some lineages may have additional qualifications. The Rule of Two requires you to not only have some training, but either be acknowledged by the current Master as an apprentice, or be able to kill one of the current Sith and seize the role (those who've yet to do so may be considered Dark Jedi , but not yet Sith). In general whenever there's a debate between two claimants of any order over whether one or the other is a true sith, the one who's not dead at the end is considered right, regardless of other factors.

Vensai
Originally posted by Q99
Any Jedi who turns to the dark side is called a Dark Jedi. (As well as, occasionally and more generically, people who were taught the dark side to begin with. Like, say, the members of the Shadow Academy, who were simply taught by a Dark Jedi teacher).

A Sith is someone who follows the teachings that comes from one of the lineages that came from the Hundred Year Darkness/Second Schism Dark Jedi, i.e. the first Dark Lords of the Sith.

Additionally, some lineages may have additional qualifications. The Rule of Two requires you to not only have some training, but either be acknowledged by the current Master as an apprentice, or be able to kill one of the current Sith and seize the role (those who've yet to do so may be considered Dark Jedi , but not yet Sith). In general whenever there's a debate between two claimants of any order over whether one or the other is a true sith, the one who's not dead at the end is considered right, regardless of other factors.

Alright, thanks.

Ascendancy
Indeed. At the end of the Bane saga there was a Dark Jedi whom Zannah had seen as a potential apprentice, but he was only seeking power for power's sake and had no desire to continue the Sith vendetta against the Jedi. One thing that all the Sith had in common was their hatred for the Jedi as a whole.

Q99
Originally posted by Ascendancy
Indeed. At the end of the Bane saga there was a Dark Jedi whom Zannah had seen as a potential apprentice, but he was only seeking power for power's sake and had no desire to continue the Sith vendetta against the Jedi. One thing that all the Sith had in common was their hatred for the Jedi as a whole.

That varies a bit. The Rule of Two sith had it as a requirement. Others like Revan more felt the Jedi were weak or misguided and needed replacing/turning.

Not fans in any case.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.