Galactus vs Heroes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

keiththegreat
Galactus just ate one planet.

vs

Thor JMS Odin Force version
Beta Ray Bill
Hal Jordan
Superman non-holding back, CIS off
Firestorm

Sodam Yat Ion
Saint Walker
White Lantern Wonder Woman
Sentry (WWH Version)
Worldbreaker Hulk with Red Lantern Ring

Fight starts on Mars.

armedforbattle
Big G.

kgkg
Galactus easily.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by armedforbattle
Big G.

Dies!!!

armedforbattle
Originally posted by Tony Stark
Dies!!!
Yeah cause sentry solos right? ban

Eternal Idol
Galactus unleashes his cosmic pimphand, Power Incarnate.

Galactus wins.

Stoic
Dies!!!

On one hand I agree with you.
I tend to agree with you. One planet isn't really much of a barrier for all of the guys on the team. I mean, each one of them could destroy a planet alone. I think Galactus would put up a very good fight but would eventually be beaten.

On the other hand.
Galactus in a starved condition (Annihilation) was able to take out a lot of real estate with an omni blast, so I could see him win as well.

His low showings have me thinking that he would get a spanking, and sent running, but there are his highs. Hmmm... decisions.

ThereIsHope
Most of his low showings are PIS/CIS

Stoic
Originally posted by ThereIsHope
Most of his low showings are PIS/CIS

The problem is that there are so many of them, and he is an ever deflating balloon. Galactus is the exact opposite of the Hulk in terms of dynamic power leveling. If he went all out from the door, I could see him wipe out a couple of the team, and leave the rest healing up, and /or on the run. However the longer any battle concerning Galactus lasts, the more power that he loses. Would he have to expend lots of energy to wipe out this team? I would think so. I mean Superman alone, has tanked Galactus level blasts at his best showings, and in this scenario, he's given tools that he can lean on. That's just Superman.

I'm just trying to gauge this from more than one perspective.

Stoic
Sorry when I said tools, I meant, that Superman, is at his flagship best. This means he can tank hits from a source agent, or tank several thousand nukes to the dome.

armedforbattle
Everybody is fodder to Galactus except maybe Thor.

Stoic
Everybody is fodder to Galactus except maybe Thor.

Well you see this is a team effort. If they fight smart this team could win. But only if they can manage to keep Galactus on the ropes and whittle the energies of the one planet that he ate down. Thor alone could BFR him since PIS is automatically off.

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by Stoic
On one hand I agree with you.
I tend to agree with you. One planet isn't really much of a barrier for all of the guys on the team. I mean, each one of them could destroy a planet alone. I think Galactus would put up a very good fight but would eventually be beaten.

On the other hand.
Galactus in a starved condition (Annihilation) was able to take out a lot of real estate with an omni blast, so I could see him win as well.

His low showings have me thinking that he would get a spanking, and sent running, but there are his highs. Hmmm... decisions. Name some low showings where he's fed

ThereIsHope
Yup there are many of them. Yet he has thrashed Thanos, he has destroyed galaxies, he has swatted Doom away like a fly. He has fought Tyrant. He is a monster. The fact is that He is so strong that every Marvel has to turn him into a PIS/CIS character or else nobody would beat him. The fact is that someone like Thanos shouldnt even be a problem for Galactus. Thanos is a amazingly smart being, yet Galactus has been around for how long? Thus Galactus has far more knowledge then Thanos. Power, scientific knowledge, technology should all be Galactus > Thanos and Reed Richards. Yet thats not how it works.

armedforbattle
Well you see this is a team effort. If they fight smart this team could win. But only if they can manage to keep Galactus on the ropes and whittle the energies of the one planet that he ate down. Thor alone could BFR him since PIS is automatically off.
But what I'm getting at is: all it takes is 1 big energy blast and all but 1 or 2 are done.

And Galactus could just as easily BFR them

ThereIsHope
Even if Galactus got smart Marvel would just turn on the PIS/CIS to stop him. Thanos once mentioned in his Thanos series 1-12. Why cant thanos just collect the IG to fix his hunger problems. The idea came to the avengers very recently when they had the choice of destroying a world to save there universe. What happend? The IG was destroyed.

Has that ever happend? Thus logic does not work in comics. Comics are anti logic. A black hole should kill Thanos, yet it doesnt. Galactus should swat every hero from his presance, as easily as you or me crush an ant hill. Yet it doesnt happen. Amazo should have killed Batman in The Red Hood arc, yet that also didnt happen.

To summerize comics thrive on PIS/CIS. Thank you for your kind attention. I will be collecting my 20 dollar lecture fee at the door.

Branlor Swift
But what I'm getting at is: all it takes is 1 big energy blast and all but 1 or 2 are done.

And Galactus could just as easily BFR them Or absorb them, or hit them with anti-matter, or throw trains at them.

Stoic
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Name some low showings where he's fed

Numbers are numbers, and although for a person it may seem like one planets worth of energy is a lot, it really isn't when you think of the idea that each one of these guys on the team could destroy a planet alone, with the possible exception of Saint Walker.

I don't really want to go into his lows, because it's already been stated that his lows were plot induced, which I agree with. The problem here is that Thor without CIS holding him back could BFR Galactus to another plane of existence, or to another universe within the same dimension.

My main argument is and was that if the team fought smart they could hold him off or whittle down the power that he has. After all I'm sure that no on would argue that Galactus is an ever deflating balloon. Amirite?

armedforbattle
Or absorb them, or hit them with anti-matter, or throw trains at them.
Or release a pack of wolves and chuckle as the wolves gnaw away at the teams flaccid penis.

armedforbattle
Numbers are numbers, and although for a person it may seem like one planets worth of energy is a lot, it really isn't when you think of the idea that each one of these guys on the team could destroy a planet alone, with the possible exception of Saint Walker.
So your argument is that these guys are planet busters and Galactus absorbed a planet. So they can destroy him just as easily as a planet?
Sorry but that is just lolz worthy.

curryman
I don't really want to go into his lows, because it's already been stated that his lows were plot induced, which I agree with. The problem here is that Thor without CIS holding him back could BFR Galactus to another plane of existence, or to another universe within the same dimension.

Galactus can't do these things?

Stoic
So your argument is that these guys are planet busters and Galactus absorbed a planet. So they can destroy him just as easily as a planet?
Sorry but that is just lolz worthy.

I'm not going to apply real world physics to this fictional argument because never will the two meet in any sort of accord. However, if you were to eat 1000 calories today, and then only eat 500 the next day and go to the gym and work off 1000 calories, you will be minus 500 calories, and thus you would have lost weight.

My point is that Galactus has only a finite amount of power in this scenario, and if he fought a team of this power level, he would certainly expend much of the energy that he absorbed before the fight began. Now if that's still lolz worthy get a lawyer and meet me in court. stick out tongue

Stoic
Originally posted by curryman
Galactus can't do these things?

Sure he can, but Thor has a team with him while Galan is alone. I'm just saying that they could win this. I'm not sure if you can see why I see it this way but whatever. You know?

curryman
Sure he can, but Thor has a team with him while Galan is alone. I'm just saying that they could win this. I'm not sure if you can see why I see it this way but whatever. You know?

Yeah, it's not that I disagree with your outcome.

It's just that there's no way any of them can BFR Galactus. First of all because he can just get back and second of all because Thor or any of these guys can't force one of the abstract creatures of this universe into any other.

They might win, but that wouldn't be the way big grin

Branlor Swift

My main argument is and was that if the team fought smart they could hold him off or whittle down the power that he has. After all I'm sure that no on would argue that Galactus is an ever deflating balloon. Amirite? So, you can't name any?

Except here's the difference between hungry Galactus and Galactus who just ate a planet:
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Energy%20manipulation/Absorbing/brb_03_12.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Energy%20manipulation/Absorbing/brb_03_13.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Energy%20manipulation/Absorbing/brb_03_15.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Energy%20manipulation/Absorbing/brb_03_17.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Energy%20manipulation/Absorbing/brb_03_18.jpg

Teleport Galactus to away... Galactus has BFR'ed more people than Thor could ever dream of. Hell, he BFR'd Sphinx into an infinite time loop...

But yeah, teleport Galactus to another dimension, oh no!
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Energy%20manipulation/misc/Alpha_Flight_v1_099_03.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Energy%20manipulation/misc/Alpha_Flight_v1_099_04.jpg

There's only one fight where Galactus has rapidly depleted after eaten. And that's the Thanos fight where he one shotted Thanos with all his defenses and then fought Hunger shortly after.
Otherwise, he'd had prolonged fights with In-Betweener, Mephisto, Ego, Phoenix, Sphinx with the Ka Stone/Entire Worldmind when he was hungry to begin with and didn't instantly wilt. When he fights heroes, it's usually at a time when he's been hungry for a really long time.

Also, even without it, Worldbreaker Hulk and Sentry are a visible form of energy... laughing out loud

Stoic
Originally posted by curryman
Yeah, it's not that I disagree with your outcome.

It's just that there's no way any of them can BFR Galactus. First of all because he can just get back and second of all because Thor or any of these guys can't force one of the abstract creatures of this universe into any other.

They might win, but that wouldn't be the way big grin

Ah I didn't know that G couldn't be sent away. Are you sure about that? Even so, I can still see them pull a win with strategy. However that may be because of comics, and that I'm not fully seeing the forum style of battle that others may be.

Stoic
So, you can't name any?

Except here's the difference between hungry Galactus and Galactus who just ate a planet:
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Energy%20manipulation/Absorbing/brb_03_12.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Energy%20manipulation/Absorbing/brb_03_13.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Energy%20manipulation/Absorbing/brb_03_15.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Energy%20manipulation/Absorbing/brb_03_17.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Energy%20manipulation/Absorbing/brb_03_18.jpg

Teleport Galactus to away... Galactus has BFR'ed more people than Thor could ever dream of. Hell, he BFR'd Sphinx into an infinite time loop...

But yeah, teleport Galactus to another dimension, oh no!
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Energy%20manipulation/misc/Alpha_Flight_v1_099_03.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Energy%20manipulation/misc/Alpha_Flight_v1_099_04.jpg

There's only one fight where Galactus has rapidly depleted after eaten. And that's the Thanos fight where he one shotted Thanos with all his defenses and then fought Hunger shortly after.
Otherwise, he'd had prolonged fights with In-Betweener, Mephisto, Ego, Phoenix, Sphinx with the Ka Stone/Entire Worldmind when he was hungry to begin with and didn't instantly wilt. When he fights heroes, it's usually at a time when he's been hungry for a really long time.

Also, even without it, Worldbreaker Hulk and Sentry are a visible form of energy... laughing out loud

OK. I get it. They lose. CISless Galactus after all is above them. However how many Galactus level guys has the Justice league beaten? This is mainly why I argue that this team may have a chance.

Ha ha. And oh I'm not too sure what Sentry was, or is. He may pop up again for all we know. Was he energy, or something more? You do recall what he did to Owen Reece right?

Branlor Swift
OK. I get it. They lose. CISless Galactus after all is above them. However how many Galactus level guys has the Justice league beaten? This is mainly why I argue that this team may have a chance. CISless Galactus would kill this entire team within 10 seconds. I'm not talking about CISless Galactus

Without tech, prep, outside sources, Darkseid, Kismet, hundreds of other heroes?
I dunno

He was overflowing energy. If we're going to talk about people exhausting themselves too... look no farther.
And Owen Reece was a human sized being that Voidtry used to rebuild a town that Sentry got the drop on... who has like one high feat.

curryman
Ah I didn't know that G couldn't be sent away. Are you sure about that? Even so, I can still see them pull a win with strategy. However that may be because of comics, and that I'm not fully seeing the forum style of battle that others may be.

It's not that he can't be sent away, it's that he would come back and that he has a lot of feats of himself BFR'ing others.

Though I really do doubt that it would be possible to forcefully remove Galactus to another plane/universe and keep him there.

ThereIsHope
As i stated. If comics actually used logic, Galactus would never lose. Thanos would be dead, and Dr Doom would never have gotten the Beyonders powers.

Galactus low showings are just PIS/CIS. He owns this fight. Even in Annihilation he was nearly at the bring of death, and he defeated the annihilation wave. The wave was a force that even the heralds had a hard time with. Galactus took it out on his own.

Comics are anti logic. Galactus losing when he's well fed is anti logic. Ig exploding is anti logic

G wins

Tony Stark

From what we've been told he has stalemated him. So it's obviously not out of the question that G dies...

TheGodKiller
My main argument is and was that if the team fought smart they could hold him off or whittle down the power that he has. After all I'm sure that no on would argue that Galactus is an ever deflating balloon. Amirite?
Odin going all-out didn't "whittle" down the meal G had just had prior to the battle. You think that this team can do that?

TheGodKiller
thumb up

pym-ftw
From what we've been told he has stalemated him. So it's obviously not out of the question that G dies...
Really that's your argument, spiderman said he could?

Stoic
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
Odin going all-out didn't "whittle" down the meal G had just had prior to the battle. You think that this team can do that?

Hey I'm convinced. Perhaps this should be closed due to a no contest?

Diesldude
A planet is food for galactus.

Eating more food won't increase a person's bench, but will give him more energy to work out longer. With that said, planet doesn't add more abilities to galactus, I do however believe that galactus will use up the energy fighting this team and them lose.

Dampyre
Galactus wins this. The team is light on power for this task.

armedforbattle
Originally posted by Diesldude
A planet is food for galactus.

Eating more food won't increase a person's bench, but will give him more energy to work out longer. With that said, planet doesn't add more abilities to galactus, I do however believe that galactus will use up the energy fighting this team and them lose.
How? He will need 2 maybe 3 blasts to kill them all?

armedforbattle
Originally posted by keiththegreat

Thor JMS Odin Force version
Beta Ray Bill
Hal Jordan
Superman non-holding back, CIS off
Firestorm
Sodam Yat Ion
Saint Walker
White Lantern Wonder Woman
Sentry (WWH Version)
Worldbreaker Hulk with Red Lantern Ring
Who here is surviving 1 or more blast from Galactus?
Maybe Thor.

Dampyre
Maybe Thor.

I honestly think Galactus could one-shot Odin-Thor. After all, his dad knocked himself out just ramming into Galactus. Just imagine if he got a shot off.

armedforbattle
Originally posted by Dampyre
I honestly think Galactus could one-shot Odin-Thor. After all, his dad knocked himself out just ramming into Galactus. Just imagine if he got a shot off.
thumb up
And he is the most power full person here, there really isn't anything to debate here tbh.

ThereIsHope
When Galactus was weak and let loose he destroyed the entire wave, if he's at a good power level and not messing around. I think he could trash anyone. Odin included.

DarkOdin
Maybe Thor.
This version of Thor is a beast in terms of durability, Ion should be up there,

galactus would win a majority but this is no stomp by any means

Tar-Antado
Galactus, easily.

Emi~Kiro
http://comiccoverage.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/07/05/galactus.jpg
the big guy wins and eats the planet.

Terryc250
this team cannot herald galactus' rage.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.