Harald Jaekelsson's magic defense vs Classic Juggernaut's magical powers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
If they faced off would Harald's magic power defense be strong enough to make Cain's magic power useless

Uriel005
Honestly don't think that would be the case. I feel its more of a negation of effects against him rather than a negation of inherent properties. For instance I don't think he could shatter mjolnir if he had sufficient strength to do so simply because he could overcome its enchantment due to his negation but rather the hammer's properties won't effect him as it strikes him beyond physical applications like enhanced speed of throw/return strike after being thrown.

edit: he may be able to outright stop the juggernauts advancement on him though.

KingD19
As powerful as Harald is, he was powered by a human rune spell gone wrong. Cain was powered by the most powerful of a specific group of extradimensional demons. I doubt Harald's magic would be able to do anything to Cain's own. And I doubt he'd stop him as well.

curryman
Originally posted by KingD19
As powerful as Harald is, he was powered by a human rune spell gone wrong. Cain was powered by the most powerful of a specific group of extradimensional demons. I doubt Harald's magic would be able to do anything to Cain's own. And I doubt he'd stop him as well.

Don't underestimate human magic.

We trapped Dream after all smile

Thor's hammer could cause interference for Juggernaut but not for Harald.

KingD19
That's DC and has nothing to do with Marvel.

And all Thor could do was shut off Cain's force field for 60 seconds, and in that issue, the writer was under the assumption that Cain's durability was sub-par without his force field, which is untrue. But before that with Mjolnir, a full powered Godblast from Thor did nothing but slow Cain down.

And Thor didn't try anything like that if I recall correctly. He simply tried to fight Harald, as it was a MAX mini-series and was all about gratuitous violence. There's also the fact that that's one of those things Thor doesn't do anymore.

golem370

Alright but Thor was able to effect Juggernaut's powers with his magic so it doesn't take someone as powerful as Cyttorak to slow it down or stop it even if only for a minute.

curryman
And all Thor could do was shut off Cain's force field for 60 seconds.

Because he needed the hammer to return to him. It had nothing to do with Thor not being able to do it. This was also a miss since Odin's limitation should not have been in effect at that point.

, and in that issue, the writer was under the assumption that Cain's durability was sub-par without his force field, which is untrue.

It was not just a matter of Cain not having his forcefield, it was a matter of Cain's enchantment being completely blocked. He should not had any powers at all. It is not "untrue" because that's how it happened.

You can look at the incidents where;

a) Cain's powers have weakened due to his personality changing.

b) Powers reaching higher levels in certain places and lower in others.

c) Magical damage being able to affect him (Any attack from Thor being magical, this is the only reason why Loki can't heal as well when he's injured by Thor).

d) His powers being split when someone else touches the Gem.

When you look at these various inconsistencies it shouldn't take long to see the common piece. Cain relies on Cyttorak. That's never been disputed. His forcefield is not an extra power. If someone's running interference between the pair Juggernaut will be weakened. smile

How much? That completely depends on the writer, but trying to claim that one interpretation is "untrue" because you think that Juggernaut's forcefield and his powers are completely separate abilities, that's going a bit far.

But before that with Mjolnir, a full powered Godblast from Thor did nothing but slow Cain down.

First off; full powered Godblast? What are these other godblasts of his that are not fullpowered? If anything the thing he hit the Juggernaut with was a lesser one considering that Thor was not that weakened after he used it.

Second; It did more than slow him down, it sent him back and stopped him.

Third; It's was still a very good showing. smile

And Thor didn't try anything like that if I recall correctly. He simply tried to fight Harald.

Yes. And Thor's attacks were noticeably less impacting then when he has fought and hit the Juggernaut. This is the closest comparison we have between the pair. Thor being completely immobilized from hitting Harald, and him being A-OK after attacking the Juggernaut.

as it was a MAX mini-series and was all about gratuitous violence. and Thor doesn't do that anymore.

Let's not get into this. Ennis' knack for violence does not really have much to do with this. Nor would I get into a writer stand-off but needless to say the majority of the writers who have handled Juggernaut's stories have been jokes. If you wanna knock Marvel's MAX titles (most of which were well received by fans and critics alike) then I suggest cleaning up your own house first. Juggernaut's been in quite a few stinkers.

and Thor doesn't do that anymore.

a) The comic came out not long after Thor had some of his more insane feats.

b) Harald's magic comes from him now. They were cursed many, many years ago and unlike Cain he does not rely on a steady flow from an external deity.

c) Dr.Strange's method was more or less the only way.

Branlor Swift
Harald beats Juggs into a pulp

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.