Iron Man vs Superman Film Opening

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Supra
Which do you think will have a bigger opening weekend?

quanchi112
Man of Steel. I'd be utterly shocked if Iron Man outdid Superman.

Supra
Originally posted by quanchi112
Man of Steel. I'd be utterly shocked if Iron Man outdid Superman.

I'm with you on that. I hope they start doing more press for the movie. I saw OZ in theater but it was not in the previews, but next door in Jack the Giant slayer it was...I didn't get that.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Supra
I'm with you on that. I hope they start doing more press for the movie. I saw OZ in theater but it was not in the previews, but next door in Jack the Giant slayer it was...I didn't get that. Oz is Disney they wouldn't preview a dc warner Bros. flick. I think Jack the Giant slayer is a warner bros. film hence the treason they showed Superman.

Supra
Originally posted by quanchi112
Oz is Disney they wouldn't preview a dc warner Bros. flick. I think Jack the Giant slayer is a warner bros. film hence the treason they showed Superman.

Ok that makes sense, thx!

quanchi112
Originally posted by Supra
Ok that makes sense, thx! In terms of entertainment/movies/comics/etc. It's Disney and Warner Bros. as the heavyweights.

playa1258
Iron Man will open higher due to good will from the Avengers and being the first big film of the summer.

MOS will open lower due to the stigma from the garbage film SR. MOS will depend more on WOM to carry its gross.

tkitna
Iron Man 3 will probably be promoted better and i'm not sure people are really over the last crappy Superman flick. I know, i'm not.

playa1258
Like I said IM3 will open higher , but the better film is still to be determined.

-Pr-
Iron Man will open better imo, but in the long term, if Man of Steel is as good as it looks, it should overtake it.

focus4chumps
superman ffs man SUPERMAN wtf/thread

playa1258
Originally posted by -Pr-
Iron Man will open better imo, but in the long term, if Man of Steel is as good as it looks, it should overtake it.

I agree. IM3 looks like the same shit from the others, and MOS does have better talent involved with the film.

Kazenji
Just because it has better talent involved with it doesn't mean its going to be better.

playa1258
It has a good chance.

the ninjak
I think people are more interested in Ironman personally.

And I admit I can't wait for Ironman 3 whereas I'm cautious about Superman.

But talking on an unbiased level.
We've all seen what Superman can do by now. All of us. And a dramatic origin film showing us it all all over again isn't going to get people excited.
On the other hand Ironman 2 left people with bad tastes in their mouths, yet Avengers made people lose their shit.
And this film is based on Extremis mixed with uniting Stark with his arch-enemy. People will rush in to see it then witness how cool the plot was then tell their friends. Extremis was the whole reason Ironman got made into a movie in the first place.

That said and done.
I don't want an over dramatic Superman origin. The glove doesn't fit.
It worked with Batman because he is a dark individual and Supes always reflected that as being more lighthearted.

If Supes turns out to be a cinematic masterpiece that blows it out of the water and against all odds breaks ticket sales records, I'll be shocked.

Ironman 3's plot is a formula that works more....a hero we all love, getting his ass kicked and evolving to the next level then smashing all opposition.
It doesn't get better than that.

Shabazz916
man of steel..

ares834
I think IM 3 will beat MoS in ticket sales.

The only way I MoS beating IM3 in revenue is if it is an outstanding movie.

Originally posted by the ninjak
Ironman 3's plot is a formula that works more....a hero we all love, getting his ass kicked and evolving to the next level then smashing all opposition.

Eh, it get's significantly better than that. I hope there is more to IM3 than just the DBZ effect.

the ninjak
Originally posted by ares834
Eh, it get's significantly better than that. I hope there is more to IM3 than just the DBZ effect.

laughing

Indeed, it is the DBZ effect. Same could be said for the Dark Knight franchise. All 3 films.

It's a formula that works in regards to comic style heroes.

Character is a worm that gets trodden on by its opposition then rises to become a butterfly and dances around all opposition.

The plot of Superman II was no different to the adventures of Goku.
A Saiyen who meets his aggressive family. Gets his ass kicked. Comes back then kicks their asses.

Man of Steel is gonna be the same, mixed with an origin story. Over-stylized and dramatic recreation of Superman 1 and 2.

Everything is related.

ares834
Indeed, it is the DBZ effect. Same could be said for the Dark Knight franchise. All 3 films.

Perhaps. Yet, there is far more than that going on as well.

It's not merely: get ass kicked, get power-up, kick ass.

The plot of Superman II was no different to the adventures of Goku.
A Saiyen who meets his aggressive family. Gets his ass kicked. Comes back then kicks their asses..

Which is probably why I thought Superman 2 was abysmal.

quanchi112
If Ironman 3 beats dc's golden boy at the box office this is just embarrassing for dc.

marwash22
MoS is gonna go $75m opening day and $150m opening weekend.

IM3 is gonna go $65m opening day and $135m opening weekend.

jinXed by JaNx
yall bitches is crazy if you think iron man is going to make more than superman.

the ninjak
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
yall bitches is crazy if you think iron man is going to make more than superman.

Like a fox!

steverules_2
I clicked MOS but by accident haermm

the ninjak
Originally posted by steverules_2
I clicked MOS but by accident haermm

Eh...screw the poll.
Why do you think IM3 will pull in more money Steve?

steverules_2
Well mainly cause of the Avengers movie, I think maybe the showing that IM gave us in that could generate some interest in IM and the 3rd movie...but I will say I'm on the ropes about it and think that superman could possibly generate more money than IM but I am going with IM to sell more than superman

BruceSkywalker
IMO, Iron Man 3 will open up too $60-100 million weekend, not counting overseas, but if i did, then i think $120-180 total gross for opening weekend.. Man of Steel, IMO $75 million opening weekend, total gross if i count that then $175 million opening weekend.. In the long run Iron Man 3 will make the most money than Supes.. I believe people will flock to see Iron Man 3 especially if they feel this is the final time we see RDJ as Stark/Iron Man while I think Man of Steel will wind up making Batman Begins type dough to satiate WB into greenlighting Justice League and Man of Steel 2

steverules_2
We are soooo seeing RDJ as IM in the Avengers sequel

-Pr-

You just described the Man of Steel plot...

steverules_2
He described every super hero movie plot

marwash22
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
IMO, Iron Man 3 will open up too $60-100 million weekend, not counting overseas, but if i did, then i think $120-180 total gross for opening weekend.. what a pathetic prediction.

Be a man and get more specific. sneer

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by steverules_2
We are soooo seeing RDJ as IM in the Avengers sequel

we better

Originally posted by marwash22
what a pathetic prediction.

Be a man and get more specific. sneer

come to california and make me.. stick out tongue

steverules_2
You'll probably use your ways and end up sleeping with him, you WHORE! uhuh

siriuswriter
I think this is based on the comic book crowd vs. the no comic book crowd - Most y'all comic people know the story line is going to be Iron Mantastic, but the the majority of people going to movie-watch are going to be the uninformed - plus Christopher Nolan is attached to "Man of Steel", albeit in a producer's role...

I say "Man of Steel." Unless the comic book readers organize some kind of beacon at theatres.

marwash22
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
come to california and make me.. stick out tongue what a pathetic attempt to have sex with me.

be a man and be more specific about your location. sneer

BruceSkywalker
what a pathetic attempt to have sex with me.

be a man and be more specific about your location. sneer

nah can't .. no stalkers allowed.. stick out tongue laughing out loud laughing laughing laughing

Esau Cairn
Regardless of the lacklustre of IronMan2, the marketing of the 3rd one is for a family audience, whilst what little previews we've seen of MOS, it's being marketed to a more "mature audience".

I doubt kids will be begging their parents to see MOS whilst being bombarded with all the IronMan toy-related merchandise.

Kazenji
Yeah... from what we've seen of the movie version of the Mandarin equals family audience.

abhilegend
Man of Steel undoubtedly.

the ninjak
Originally posted by abhilegend
Man of Steel undoubtedly.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

marwash22
Abhi is clearly unbiased.

the ninjak

laughing out loud Sure he is.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Kazenji
Yeah... from what we've seen of the movie version of the Mandarin equals family audience.

Oooh a bad guy named after a citrus fruit. stick out tongue

abhilegend
You know me too well.
roll eyes (sarcastic)
Now posting your opinion is eye-roll worthy? Even that shitty SR made 400 millions.

quanchi112
laughing out loud Sure he is. People don't take him seriously.

the ninjak
Now posting your opinion is eye-roll worthy? Even that shitty SR made 400 millions.

It was in jest. And obviously aimed at the fact you're a Superman fan. Relax.

abhilegend
It was in jest. And obviously aimed at the fact you're a Superman fan. Relax.
Ok.

quanchi112
Ok. Calm down.

-Pr-
Originally posted by -Pr-
Iron Man 3 armours:

http://imgur.com/a/WhZ65

the ninjak
Mach 40 Hyper Velocity "Shotgun" suit is interesting. Looks like the stealth armor.

Looking forward to what they all are and do.

Sohane
I think the Superman opening will be better than Iron Man because Man of Steel is a new franchise. In my mind, generally, novelty makes that people are going to see a film rather than another one.

jinXed by JaNx
everyone is dying to see and support the grandfather of superheros again. The only thing they need is a fine display of his character. The only problem is that on the silver screen We are constantly disappointed with tripe or halfcocked ideas. Perhaps those ideas weren't halfcocked but rather just bad. I'm speaking of course about, Singers attempt to revitalize the Man of Steel. Superman inspires hope and speaks of truth and justice. This is something that any and everyone can support. This country, right now, could use it now more than ever.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.