Lantern rings in the MU

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

armedforbattle
If two lantern rings of each corps entered the Marvel Universe who would the rings choose?

Green/willpower: Tony Stark & Dr. Doom
Blue/Hope: Silver Surfer & Captain America
Red/Rage: Hulk & Mangog
Yellow/Fear: Mangog & Ultron
Orange/Greed: Dr. Doom & Loki
Indigo/compassion: Silver Surfer & ???
Sapphire/Love: ???

One guy could receive multiple rings if you feel that is what they deserve
Couldn't think of a couple..

What ring do you think Thor would receive if any?

SevenShackles
Yellow and/or Orange ring goes to red skull.
I like the idea of giving non powered or lower tier characters rings. I'd prefer to see dr.doom hunt down those with rings to get his own maybe being a little pissed off he didn't get one in the first place lol. More believable he would refuse to be in any 'corp' and reject them.. "Doom doesn't need such trinkets"

Anthony Stark
Surely Tony gets greed and willpower rings.

xavier for blue and indigo rings

Anthony Stark
Originally posted by 753
xavier for blue and indigo rings

Doctor Light for Love, Fear and Rage

magneto and punisher for both green and red

annihilus for yellow

jean grey for pink and white

-Pr-
Originally posted by Anthony Stark
Doctor Light for Love, Fear and Rage

Philosophía
Originally posted by armedforbattle
If two lantern rings of each corps entered the Marvel Universe who would the rings choose?

Green/willpower: Tony Stark stopped reading.

Doctor Light for Love, Fear and Rage oh snap

Caps Conscience
Abom gets yellow.

danielle moonstar would make a fine yellow ring bearer

armedforbattle

Anthony Stark
Tony greedy? I don't think so...

thumb up

confused why? Tony has great amounts of willpower

He is one of the 1%

mighty adam
Hulk with red ring is op

-Pr-
laughing out loud @ Tony's willpower. Really.

mighty adam
Or doom with will ion doom is beyonder LV op

armedforbattle
He is one of the 1%
yeah but being rich doesn't make you greedy?
He puts his life on the line all the time for earth and mankind.
He is a a regular human (not anymore cause of extremis) in a group of god like characters
Before he got his suit he was almost dead in a cave and used that to become one of the best heroes the MU...

that takes some willpower.

Anthony Stark
yeah but being rich doesn't make you greedy?
confused

armedforbattle
Believe it or not there are rich people that aren't greedy.
And someone who has saved earth more then most certainly isn't greedy in my book

-Pr-
So did we all forget about Tony's little habit?

yeah he's an alcoholic sex addict. willpower is definitely not his thing.

he is also greedy to an extent, though he doesnt put personal ambition over and above all other values.

Anthony Stark
Originally posted by -Pr-
So did we all forget about Tony's little habit?

Yes, I did... He overcame it, but you're right on this.

Anthony Stark
Originally posted by 753

he is also greedy to an extent, though he doesnt put personal ambition over and above all other values. Civil War? He always thinks he has the right to take charge imo.

but his ultimate motivations were selfless

-Pr-
Tony is heroic. Very much so. He does all the things good heroes do. Having less willpower doesn't make him less heroic, imo.

Also, AS, what the hell is up with that avatar?

yeah courage and altruism take him a long way in the heroics department

Anthony Stark
Tony is heroic. Very much so. He does all the things good heroes do. Having less willpower doesn't make him less heroic, imo.

Also, AS, what the hell is up with that avatar?

It's Extreme is! Heroic yes but lets think, he has sold weapons for financial gain, although he struggles with that now he took blood money for a long time. You can't get greedier than that.

-Pr-
It's Extreme is! Heroic yes but lets think, he has sold weapons for financial gain, although he struggles with that now he took blood money for a long time. You can't get greedier than that.

True, but again, I wouldn't say that makes him less of a hero. All great heroes have flaws; Tony's are just more obvious than most.

byrdgang21
Yellow - Carnage (Cassidy)
Orange - Norman Osbourne
Red - Hiro Kala
Green - Moondragon
Sapphire - Caiera the Oldstrong
Blue - Xavier
Indigo - kitty pride

obviously we're talking about the heroe he eventually became, not the ******* he was

Anthony Stark
True, but again, I wouldn't say that makes him less of a hero. All great heroes have flaws; Tony's are just more obvious than most.

I agree on all that; however, he has feet of a redder clay than most heroes even by 60's marvel standards. That said he stood up for workers rights whilst at the same time standing up for the war in Vietnam. I never thought Firebrand was a bad guy really.

Anthony Stark
Originally posted by 753
obviously we're talking about the heroe he eventually became, not the ******* he was

With Tony Stark, the dick is never far away. That's one of the reasons so many of his ex gf's have tried to kill or maim him.

Blair Wind

You think because Tony is an alcoholic, who has stayed away from the poison, he has less willpower than the average hero?

That is kind of an absurd position I've seen tons of people have. It takes willpower to stay away from the drink. That shouldn't be up for debate.

Placidity
The rings would open a portal back to DCU to find hosts.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Blair Wind
You think because Tony is an alcoholic, who has stayed away from the poison, he has less willpower than the average hero?

That is kind of an absurd position I've seen tons of people have. It takes willpower to stay away from the drink. That shouldn't be up for debate.

Way to cherry pick part of my statement, ****er. sneer

Yes, staying away from the drink takes willpower. I didn't say he had no willpower. All I was suggesting is that he wouldn't exactly be the number one choice for a green lantern ring, that's all. It's about more than alchohol.

Blair Wind
Way to cherry pick part of my statement, ****er. sneer

Yes, staying away from the drink takes willpower. I didn't say he had no willpower. All I was suggesting is that he wouldn't exactly be the number one choice for a green lantern ring, that's all. It's about more than alchohol.

I'll sick Badabing on you sneer

I think Tony has proven his willpower time and again. I could see him with a green ring is all.

Anthony Stark

You see I did think of that, overcoming an addictive personality/genetic trait/chemical dependence.... Still not sure.

-Pr-
I'll sick Badabing on you sneer

I think Tony has proven his willpower time and again. I could see him with a green ring is all.

Try it.

Fair enough.

Branlor Swift
It's about more than alchohol. Is it because of the countless tubbies that alchoholics suffer a weakness to?

-Pr-
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Is it because of the countless tubbies that alchoholics suffer a weakness to?

Those too.

Mindset

Also, AS, what the hell is up with that avatar? laughing out loud

Just noticed it.

-Pr-
Extremass?

tkitna
Green - Steve Rogers

That is all anybody needs to know.

armedforbattle

Somebody reasonable. Thank you thumb up

armedforbattle
Originally posted by tkitna
Green - Steve Rogers

That is all anybody needs to know.
I personally think Blue would fit Cap better. Just my opinion though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.