best apocalypse comics?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Intregus
Hey guys I'm having trouble finding good apocalypse story arcs/comics

the only thing google brings up is age of apocalypse and everything else is just nothing close to that character.

Also wandering what are the best Mr. sinister story arcs/comics?

Darth Jello
Best Apocalypse story arc is pretty much everything from the first appearance of the Alliance of Evil through Fall of the Mutants. So X-Factor #2-26, Captain America #339, Daredevil #252, and Power Pack #35.

The best Sinister story arc is the one where he has the most influence but appears least. Everything from The Mutant Massacre through the X-Men battling the Marauders in San Francisco in Uncanny X-Men #222

-Pr-
the best sinister stuff is where we see how he impacts the life of Cyclops, imo.

Agreed on the Apocalypse thing.

Darth Jello
Granted, during all the issues I listed, Sinister himself only appears for 2-3 pages and chokes out Sabretooth.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Darth Jello
Granted, during all the issues I listed, Sinister himself only appears for 2-3 pages and chokes out Sabretooth.

lol yeah, I remember that.

Darth Jello
The early Apocalypse is different too. Much more of a smiling, condescending smartass

-Pr-
Yep. For me, that will always be my favourite interpretation of the character. Apart from the TAS one, though he drew heavily from that early X-Factor one anyway.

Darth Jello
Wolverine Jungle Adventure was pretty good. Nice way to reveal apocalypse as being alive but extremely weakened from the almost as good Wrath of Apocalypse story. That one has Cyclops' most powerful on panel optic blast.

-Pr-
Which one was that?

His most impressive blast to me was always the Onslaught one.

Darth Jello
Wrath of Apocalypse, also known as Endgame is an X-Factor storyline where Apocalypse take up residence on the moon and puts together his Riders of the Storm/Dark Riders from Inhumans misfits. His plan is to take out X-Factor's ship, force them into a confrontation, and for lack of a better description, "eat" Nathan Christopher. Instead he just infect him with the T/O virus and he has to be sent to the future and became Cable etc. etc. Toward the end, Cyclops is supercharged by Jean and Nathan and unleashed a white/yellow Optic blast that literally vaporizes a 50 ft. Apocalypse. More or less nothing left of him. This is why he's so weak during Wolverine: Jungle Adventure and X-Cutioner's Song that he has to rely on other people to do his work for him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.