Avengers vs Xmen

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Odekahn
24 hours of prep. No bfr.

Thor
Captain America
Ironman
Hawkeye
Black Widow
Hulk
Black Panther

Vs

Professor X
Cyclops
Nightcrawler
Forge
Colossus
Wolverine
Iceman (omega)

pym-ftw
Thor or Hulk

Odekahn
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Thor or Hulk

Does Thor have anything to protect him from mindrape? And even if he does how does be beat Bobby?

Hulk would have his hands full with wolverine or colossus IMO.

pym-ftw
Feats shifty

Current hulk is still above classic/Savage version, colossus tops out at about 100 tons, Wolverine is only a factor with plot

Oliver North
What can Forge come up with in 24 hours?

pym-ftw
Bfr machine, giant mechanical suit recently

Odekahn
Originally posted by Oliver North
What can Forge come up with in 24 hours?

Anything he can imagine imo

Damborgson
Well if this is a repeat of AvX power levels, thor will be used as a 600 lb by hulk who will promptly one shot him to spare him the shame of nightcrawler taking him out.

Odekahn
Feats shifty

Current hulk is still above classic/Savage version, colossus tops out at about 100 tons, Wolverine is only a factor with plot

True. But Colossalnaut is more powerful than classic colossus.

Oliver North
Originally posted by Odekahn
Anything he can imagine imo

in 24 hours though? I don't remember him being that efficient during the whole Messiah plotlines

pym-ftw
True. But Colossalnaut is more powerful than classic colossus.
Magik separated Piotr from Cytorrak at the end of AvX

Odekahn
Originally posted by Oliver North
in 24 hours though? I don't remember him being that efficient during the whole Messiah plotlines

If need be he has a whole team worth of extra hands that could help him build whatever he dreams up. Team wide telepathic link via Professor X and viola!

Odekahn

Which issue was it? I missed that. I have the whole storyline but I could have easily read it and forgotten.

Still I think he's enough to at least give Hulk a fight if Aquarius can do it. And I don't think the fight is entirely dependent of the two of them. Forge could possibly build a Hulk buster.

Silent Master
Thor has access to all kinds of power objects, giving his team prep would be a bad idea.

pym-ftw
If team xmen had some big brains forge would be a bigger threat, but alone he fails to impress me even with his magic

Uncanny Xmen #18 AvX tie in

Odekahn
If team xmen had some big brains forge would be a bigger threat, but alone he fails to impress me even with his magic

Uncanny Xmen #18 AvX tie in

Cyclops is a master strategist, Charles is a psychic. Forge could build anything they might need to respond to the Avengers plan of attack.

pym-ftw
They still aren't prep guys

Beast, Dr. Nemesis, or Magneto would be good people to work with forge to win this

zopzop

Thor
Captain America
Ironman
Hawkeye
Black Widow
Hulk
Black Panther

Vs

Professor X
Cyclops
Nightcrawler
Forge
Colossus
Wolverine
Iceman (omega)
Prof X : Sleep
Everyone on Team 1 except Hulk and IM : zzzzzzzz
(This has already happened recently on panel)

Then it's Hulk/IM vs that Team. Depending if they really want to win or not, NC tps hulks head off. Now it's IM vs X-Men.

X-Men win.

Konton
Iceman at omega potential can't really be stopped.

Shabazz916
24 hours prep id take avengers.. they could come up with helmets like mags to stop charles and kill him quick... then the battle becomes easier

Perceiver1
Originally posted by Konton
Iceman at omega potential can't really be stopped.

This...well at least by anyone on the other team (perhaps leaving out some element of prep involving Thor that hasn't been mentioned yet)

Also, can anyone explain the logic of NC's famous teleportation decapitations to me?

what dont you get about it, exactly?

pym-ftw
Originally posted by zopzop
Prof X : Sleep
Everyone on Team 1 except Hulk and IM : zzzzzzzz
(This has already happened recently on panel)

Then it's Hulk/IM vs that Team. Depending if they really want to win or not, NC tps hulks head off. Now it's IM vs X-Men.

X-Men win.
Wasn't a battle feat, not to it makes absolutely no sence

Better chance of Tony rebuilding a mutant nullifier

Perceiver1
Originally posted by 753
what dont you get about it, exactly?

If he grabs someone by the head why shouldn't everything that is attached go as well?

TheGodKiller
Inside her realm. Cyttorak made it clear early on in the series that a Hell-Lord is supreme in their domain.

Her Soulsword was amped in that instance.

Konton
She was amped by the PF permanently. Her soul sword especially. I never noticed before, but how long has it been able to actually cut through physical matter? I just noticed in recent books that she's been cutting stuff, and I thought the whole point of the SS was that it only effected magic and magical beings (and intangible stuff for some reason). Is this a new thing to go along with her PF boost or has she been doing this for a while?

TheGodKiller
^Read that scene again. She specifically mentioned the connection that a Hell-Lord has with their native dimension, basically reiterating Cyttorak's statements earlier in the series. She made it abundantly clear that the enchantment breaking ability of the Soulsword was amped by her demon realm(Limbo). The Phoenix Force had nothing to with that instance.

pym-ftw
Why did you quote me?

Currently Piotr isn't the avatar

TheGodKiller
I thought you forgot the context behind that scene. If you didn't, then I don't see anything for you to fret about.

Originally posted by Perceiver1
If he grabs someone by the head why shouldn't everything that is attached go as well? he chooses what he wants to drag into the dark dimension with him. its like a field he projects around himself and pulls whatever is in the field into the dd.

Tony Stark
Avengers 10/10

Blair Wind
Forge + Box would have been a sweet combo, you should have included him.

As is, Iron Man builds a bio-emp, knocks everyone's powers off, and repulser ray's them all in the face.

Perceiver1
Originally posted by 753
he chooses what he wants to drag into the dark dimension with him. its like a field he projects around himself and pulls whatever is in the field into the dd.

So he teleports by consciously shaping a field of a particular size and shape (that always includes himself) and then whatever is in that field is cut out, sort of like a cookie cutter? I think I get it.

nwg202
Originally posted by Konton
She was amped by the PF permanently. Her soul sword especially. I never noticed before, but how long has it been able to actually cut through physical matter? I just noticed in recent books that she's been cutting stuff, and I thought the whole point of the SS was that it only effected magic and magical beings (and intangible stuff for some reason). Is this a new thing to go along with her PF boost or has she been doing this for a while?

It has cut up non magical stuff before, but that was only during Inferno IIRC, where she was embracing her corruption making her more powerful. She even turned into a being of magical energy.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/10/108019/2851612-x_men___inferno___pag.int._1_.jpg

The only amp she's received so far is that she can tap more into Limbo's magical energies while on earth. How much she can tap into remains to be seen. Until she starts warping realty on earth w/o bringing Limbo into it, I wouldn't say she's operating at fullpower on earth even w/ the amp.

Originally posted by Perceiver1
So he teleports by consciously shaping a field of a particular size and shape (that always includes himself) and then whatever is in that field is cut out, sort of like a cookie cutter? I think I get it. something like that. it's not well explained in comics, but that is how it behaves.

remigio_coldez

Thor
Captain America
Ironman
Hawkeye
Black Widow
Hulk
Black Panther

Vs

Professor X
Cyclops
Nightcrawler
Forge
Colossus
Wolverine
Iceman (omega)

What is the difference with Reg. Iceman and Omega Iceman?

none. omega implies potential not actual power. iceman was born omega.

people use the term to mean he is using his powers competently, which is rare. at his best, he still won't beat thor, he just has the virtue of being indestructible.

remigio_coldez
Originally posted by 753
none. omega implies potential not actual power. iceman was born omega.

people use the term to mean he is using his powers competently, which is rare. at his best, he still won't beat thor, he just has the virtue of being indestructible.

you mean the time Emma took-over his body and doing feats the original can only dream off?

eaebiakuya
And even if he does how does be beat Bobby?

Soul suck.

Teleporting him away.

Originally posted by remigio_coldez
you mean the time Emma took-over his body and doing feats the original can only dream off? hes doing that on his own now. animating fractal armies of icemen and freezing shit to the core.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.