Lyoto Machida versus Lui Kang (MMA fight)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The War Dragon
Machida from most recent UFC undisputed.

Lui Kang from most recent Mortal Kombat that he appears.

Who takes it?

There will only be 3, 5 minute rounds, so if there is no finish winner is decided based on 10-point must system.

ArtificialGlory
Kang wins as he's more or less superhuman

FinalAnswer
Liu Kang is capable of literally tearing people apart with his strikes.

Lol

The War Dragon
But will he be able to land a strike on the forever elusive Dragon?

For the record this takes place in the UFC Octagon.

If you want some evidence of Lyoto's striking prowess refer to this video:

http://m.ufc.com/media/ufc-98-machida-evans

Note: this video is also available for viewing within the game so it's canon.

FinalAnswer
MK fighters are superhuman in physical capabilities

So yes.

The War Dragon
In many cases, technique trumps athleticism.

Lyoto is extremely hard to hit, and Lui only has 15 minutes to do it. If it goes to decision Machida wins, easily.

What are MK fighters' chins like?

FinalAnswer
And Liu Kang is arguably the most skilled fighter in Earthrealm so hey.

Well, MK fighters can punch limbs off and colapse stone pillars, and can withstand repeated blows from one another.

Oh, just so you know, you just locked Machida in with a dude that can also throw fireballs and turn into a dragon.

The War Dragon
For the record the martial artists in the Mk universe are grossly weak and inept.

I mean, this is a universe where move stars like Johny Cage and Monks who never proved themselves in real competition were chosen to compete in the fighting tournaments and defeated some of the universe's more powerful mutants.

Johny Cage, an action film star, one of the greatest fighters of all times, and one of MK universe's most powerful warriors. Another one who was one of the greatest warriors, Mokap, was simply a stunt double. They are the equiavlents of say, an older sensai steven segal and his stunt double being the most powerful martial artists today. What a joke.

A world based on the real world without MMA like MK universe will always be a pretty weak mythos. Machida destroys any of these chumps.

The War Dragon
Originally posted by FinalAnswer
And Liu Kang is arguably the most skilled fighter in Earthrealm so hey.

Same earthworlm where action movie B stars and his stunt double become the plamnets greatest warriors and defeat that universe's demons. Face it bro, this universe is a joke.

Moves that would clearly not be sanctioned by the unified rules of the Nevada state athletic commision. Lui Kang does any of that shit, he gets disqualified.

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by The War Dragon

Lyoto is extremely hard to hit, and Lui only has 15 minutes to do it. If it goes to decision Machida wins, easily.

Kang has more than enough technique as he's one of the most skilled of Earthrealm's warriors. He also has the ability to shoot fireballs out of his hands.

Their chins are tough enough to take hits from other superhumans.

FinalAnswer
For the record the martial artists in the Mk universe are grossly weak and inept.

I mean, this is a universe where move stars like Johny Cage and Monks who never proved themselves in real competition were chosen to compete in the fighting tournaments and defeated some of the universe's more powerful mutants.

Johny Cage, an action film star, one of the greatest fighters of all times, and one of MK universe's most powerful warriors. Another one who was one of the greatest warriors, Mokap, was simply a stunt double. They are the equiavlents of say, an older sensai steven segal and his stunt double being the most powerful martial artists today. What a joke.

A world based on the real world without MMA like MK universe will always be a pretty weak mythos. Machida destroys any of these chumps.

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/004/403/Girls.png

He thinks Mokap is more then a joke.

And Johnny Cage is more capable then any MMA fighter, given how he fights people capable of crumbling stone pillars with their blows. Anyone that's ever been in the MMA would die like a ***** in MK. smile

The War Dragon
Actually, Mokap was stated to be one of the hreatest warriors of all the realms in the opening to MK Armageddon.

Johnny Cage, who was based off of Seagan Segall, would get tooled if he ever competed in the UFC, he won't be fighting guys who are told to let him beat them in the script this time, but trained, well wounded martial artists and athletes.

Look at the video, and compare it to Liu Kang's performance in the Deadly Alliance opening, it not even close bro.

Lui Kang, by the looks of it, is also probably suffering at a weight disadvantage, he looks like he would barely make WW in the video. And it's a proven fact that monks with no real combat experiecne would egt owned by professional fighters. Not to mention, Lui Kang has no wrestling ability, so he could probably get taken down and submitted with ease. No such thing as good limbs, if he doesn't tap Lyoto will tear it right off.

Just watch the video. It is quite possibly the greatest display of martial arts we have ever seen in all of history. Only real ompetition is Anderson Silva's fioght with Forrest Griffin.

FinalAnswer
Johnny Cage would beat Anderson Silva and GSP to death with their own fists at the same time.

gg

StyleTime
MK is weak compared to other mainstream fighting games, yeah. The real world is almost always weaker than it's fictional counterparts though. Stuff we take for granted in movies/games/comics/tv/books/whatever is usually stuff that real life humans can't pull off.

The simple fact that Liu Kang shoots fireballs and is athletic would give him the win here.

This is coming from a fellow Machida fan.

red sabre

wtf???? we got on 1 side the super human liu kang who defended the earth realm from super human fighters and defeated guys like shinok, and shao kahn who are godlike, and on the other side you got a human fighter that isnt that great to begin with and losing to good fighter who know their offence? you shitting me ? if someone like freakin rampage jackson was able to tag and beat machida to someone like liu freakin kang it will be just a joke.

red sabre
is this war dragon guy really downplaying johnny cage just because he was in movies? how is being in movies indicates anything about your skills? buss rutten is now in movies so he is suddenly less of a fighter? lets not forget the great bruce lee who also was an actor as well as a martial artist... so bruce lee is less of a fighter because of that fact?
your bullshit is over 9000.

StyleTime
Originally posted by red sabre
you got a human fighter that isnt that great to begin with and losing to good fighter who know their offence? you shitting me ? if someone like freakin rampage jackson was able to tag and beat machida to someone like liu freakin kang it will be just a joke.
Not that great? Machida is definitely top 5 and actually ranked # 1 LHW by the UFC right now. Rampage, who was also top ranked at the time, beat him in a very close split decision.

He'll die against Liu Kang obviously, but let's not undercut Machida in real life.

red sabre
Originally posted by StyleTime
Not that great? Machida is definitely top 5 and actually ranked # 1 LHW by the UFC right now. Rampage, who was also top ranked at the time, beat him in a very close split decision.

He'll die against Liu Kang obviously, but let's not undercut Machida in real life.

machida is good no doubt, however not top 5 at all, machida is good against chess players however when ever his opponent is being agressive machida is having trouble, not saying any agressive fighter will beat him of course however he has trouble with agressive fighters that come after him, he is good with his distance.

StyleTime
I have to disagree. It's only been 2 fighters who were successful there. Shogun lost the first time, and the rematch was even right before the finish. Rampage's win was a controversial split decision.

Jones, his only other loss, wasn't that aggressive.

Even ignoring Machida's official ranking, which is number 1, how would he not make top 5? He just ran through Bader, and beat Henderson.

red sabre
Originally posted by StyleTime
I have to disagree. It's only been 2 fighters who were successful there. Shogun lost the first time, and the rematch was even right before the finish. A 3rd match would likely go to Machida, considering Shogun's recent decline. Rampage's win was a controversial split decision.

Jones, his only other loss, wasn't that aggressive.

Even ignoring Machida's official ranking, which is number 1, how would he not make top 5? He's already trashed Rashad and Bader, two low end Top 10ers. He just beat Henderson too, who's at #3. Excluding maybe Jones, Machida has good chances at beating anyone at LHW right now.

shogun was better than machida in their first fight and actually was owning machida, even dana white got pissed at the judges for giving machida the win to the point he gave shogun a rematch vs machida and was pissed at the judges.

Lol the second fight vs shogun was even? shogun destroyed machida in the first round.

as for machida losing only to those fighters? they were the only ones who used agressive tactics vs machida, all the other fighters just playes chess with him and let machida dictate the pace and the distance.

how is jones his only other loss if rampage and shogun beat him? thats 3 already.

i am talking about him not being number 5 overall, if we talk only his weight devision then yes he is top 5.

StyleTime
Originally posted by red sabre
shogun was better than machida in their first fight and actually was owning machida, even dana white got pissed at the judges for giving machida the win to the point he gave shogun a rematch vs machida and was pissed at the judges.

Lol the second fight vs shogun was even? shogun destroyed machida in the first round.

as for machida losing only to those fighters? they were the only ones who used agressive tactics vs machida, all the other fighters just playes chess with him and let machida dictate the pace and the distance.

how is jones his only other loss if rampage and shogun beat him? thats 3 already.

i am talking about him not being number 5 overall, if we talk only his weight devision then yes he is top 5.
I think Shogun won too, but Dana says a lot of things. He also thinks Machida is number #1 right now, even with Shogun still around.

No, he didn't. Shogun landed knees in the clinch, but actually whiffed a lot of his standing strikes. Machida landed several strikes standing and two takedowns with GnP. He would be up on the score cards before the finish. Interestingly, Shogun won with a counter, not an offensive strike.

No, they aren't. Machida has made a career out of counter-striking aggressive fighters. Bader, Ortiz, Franklin, Sokoudjou, Henderson, Rashad...the list goes on. Shogun/Rampage were the exception here, not rule. Aggression and pressure is not some Achilles heel for Machida like it was for say....Crocop.

It's his only other loss, because its his only other loss. 3 losses over an entire career is really good.

Cool. I thought we were just talking about LHW. I agree he's not pound-for-pound top 5.

Terryc250
LMAO I can't believe you guys haven't realized he's trolling yet..

I-Drop
Since this is Liu Lame from the last MK game, Machida does GnP on Liu's crispy corpse big grin Lyoto for the win!

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by I-Drop
Since this is Liu Lame from the last MK game, Machida does GnP on Liu's crispy corpse big grin Lyoto for the win!

Or, you know, Liu Kang just fries him with a fireball.

TheRusmeister
This is even more unfair than my Megaman Vs Mewtwo post.

Liu Kang would annihilate. We're talking about.. a dragon morphing, fireball throwing.. potential zombie. Superhuman fighter. Versus a mere mortal.

Liu would toot in his poot.

SpadeKing
Waitwut, this is allowed now? Lui Kang by a fireball no expression

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.