Cyclops Vs Batman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

remigio_coldez
Takes place in an abandoned Island City the size of Gotham.

Rules:

1. CIS and PIS OFF

2. Batman and Cyclops has standard gear.

3. No outside interference.

4. Fight takes place 30 Meters of each other.

5. Both have General knowledge of each other.

FIGHT!

-Pr-
Split.

namorsubby
1.Cyclops
2.Batman
3.Batman
4.Cyclops
5.Cyclops

remigio_coldez
Originally posted by namorsubby
1.Cyclops
2.Batman
3.Batman
4.Cyclops
5.Cyclops

I have to agree that batman has more equipment in that belt of his, but I think that it would be better for BATMAN if Cyclops keeps his goggles.

pym-ftw
Scott solidly even currently...

Shabazz916
Scott would kill him with force

remigio_coldez
Since this is a deserted city, Batman can use the abandoned building as cover right?

-Pr-
Sure, until Cyclops levels them.

remigio_coldez
Originally posted by -Pr-

So the nuclear eyeballs are unstoppable?

-Pr-
Originally posted by remigio_coldez
So the nuclear eyeballs are unstoppable?

No, but concrete isn't going to do it.

remigio_coldez
What are the chances of BATMAN winning scenario wise?

pym-ftw
0% with pis & cis off

Google "get off my lawn" Cyclops

Perceiver1

While he's trying to level them a piece of Bat equipment can be shot out of the window and hit Scott . Batman only needs a moment within the structure before he comes back with his own attack. The real question is can he get inside a building in time. I'm extremely skeptical that he can.

Perceiver1
No, but concrete isn't going to do it.

Well if Gotham is patterned after New York a lot of the buildings will be metal.

Caps Conscience
Batman is not Cap therefore he looses all of these scenarios.

the ninjak
Hah!
Scott instantly removes his visor and looks at wherever Batman is running for his life.

remigio_coldez
Originally posted by the ninjak
Hah!
Scott instantly removes his visor and looks at wherever Batman is running for his life.

Or he can be douche and use his ricochet optic blast just for fun, I heard that he has an amazing spatial awareness.

Silent Master
Originally posted by Perceiver1
Well if Gotham is patterned after New York a lot of the buildings will be metal.

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c251/ShadowBoxing01/CykeAstonishing08-pg19.jpg

remigio_coldez
Originally posted by Silent Master
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c251/ShadowBoxing01/CykeAstonishing08-pg19.jpg

That takes care of the metal part wink

-Pr-
While he's trying to level them a piece of Bat equipment can be shot out of the window and hit Scott . Batman only needs a moment within the structure before he comes back with his own attack. The real question is can he get inside a building in time. I'm extremely skeptical that he can.

The only issue is that Cyclops would most likely see it coming. His blasts aren't solid in that sense; he can see through them.

He'll still waste them.

remigio_coldez
Most people argue that he can avoid Cyckes Optics because he has evaded Darkseid Omega Beam before, can we call that BATFACTOR?

-Pr-
Most people argue that he can avoid Cyckes Optics because he has evaded Darkseid Omega Beam before, can we call that BATFACTOR?

When did Batman dodge them recently?

remigio_coldez
When did Batman dodge them recently?

I do not know when this is but I saw them when I was reading some BATS VS JOBBERSEID Forum

Rao Kal El
I don't see how Batman can win without involving mayor plot, pretty much like Reed or Doom or Lex.

I mean one could see how Batman can win, with knowledge that Quarz blocks Cyclops laser, or some other bat-crap.

But I think Cyclops should win more often than not, unless Batman closes that gap and goes H2H but he has to neutralize that beam.

And Batman is capable to dodge bullets, because he sees and knows by trained instincts when someone is about to shot, but he has to do the body language reading first and then act accordingly. So he dodges at PEAK HUMAN ATHLETE speed but that's about it.

I think cyclopes can win more often than not in any case.

-Pr-
I do not know when this is but I saw them when I was reading some BATS VS JOBBERSEID Forum

that hits him. it's not missing.

Rao Kal El

That is the gun used to shot a bullet that goes FTL

Batman did not dodged any laser, he shot BEFORE DS because DS advertised that he was about to attack before attacking.

remigio_coldez
Originally posted by Rao Kal El
That is the gun used to shot a bullet that goes FTL

Batman did not dodged any laser, he shot BEFORE DS because DS advertised that he was about to attack before attacking.

Another Plot Device then sad

Rao Kal El
Another Plot Device then sad

Yep, I dont remember if it was the gun or the bullet the one that went back in time, I think it was the bullet.

But yes. Batman is bad@ss but he is only human after all

cyclops can widen the blast into an AoE attack. batman loses this.

remigio_coldez
Originally posted by 753
cyclops can widen the blast into an AoE attack. batman loses this.

AGREED VIA THIS

(Originally posted by Silent Master)

Sixth_Winged

remigio_coldez

Eternal Idol
Cyclops ftw, every single time.

remigio_coldez
I will search for scans with him blasting Space hulk, he got owned but he did feel some of his skin.

THIS

remigio_coldez

Sixth_Winged
The PF degraded his power set, how?

he seems to exhaust from outputing too much and his beams seems to be harder to control for him now.

remigio_coldez
Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
he seems to exhaust from outputing too much and his beams seems to be harder to control for him now.

Is it not that his power out is affected by his mental condition.....Oh sorry, it is not output but control.

-Pr-
Yeah. When Cyclops is healthy, his power is always on anyway. Now, he's a bit messed up.

remigio_coldez
Yeah. When Cyclops is healthy, his power is always on anyway. Now, he's a bit messed up.

Mentally or physically, is he on substance abuse again?

-Pr-
Mentally or physically, is he on substance abuse again?

What do you mean again?

And it seems to be a physical thing. Everyone who hosted the phoenix is having their powers not work properly.

remigio_coldez
What do you mean again?

And it seems to be a physical thing. Everyone who hosted the phoenix is having their powers not work properly.

In the TV show Wolvie and the X-MEN, he cannot cope with JEAN's death/Disappearance, when Wolvie visits him, he was dead drunk.

It's logical now that I think about it, having your powers amped to unknown level by the PR and when it leaves you, I guest your body will try to release the same level of power leaving you strained because it is more than you can handle at base level.

In other words, your body cannot cope with its depowered state.

-Pr-
In the TV show Wolvie and the X-MEN, he cannot cope with JEAN's death/Disappearance, when Wolvie visits him, he was dead drunk.

It's logical now that I think about it, having your powers amped to unknown level by the PR and when it leaves you, I guest your body will try to release the same level of power leaving you strained because it is more than you can handle at base level.

In other words, your body cannot cope with its depowered state.

oh that. Yeah, that didn't happen in the comics.

That's one way of looking at it, yeah.

remigio_coldez
Back to topic, Batman must have something in his utility belt to stop him and do not say anti optic blast spray.

-Pr-
But it's so tempting... laughing out loud

remigio_coldez
But it's so tempting... laughing out loud

Guess there is a little Adam West in all of us. roll eyes (sarcastic)

pym-ftw
Bat phone to call superman

In other words, your body cannot cope with its depowered state. nah it's just a poorly written plot device. magneto didnt have the phoenix, but got his powers crippled cause he fought cyke with it. mind you that everyone else who fought him is ok, they just arent on scotts team.

Rao Kal El
Back to topic, Batman must have something in his utility belt to stop him and do not say anti optic blast spray.

He could have quartz somewhere in that utility belt. Unless Quartz is not the substance that keeps the rays inside his visor anymore. Was it Quartz? Sorry I'm really out of date with the mutant titles

or like Pym said the bat-phone to call SM

Eternal Idol
He could have quartz somewhere in that utility belt. Unless Quartz is not the substance that keeps the rays inside his visor anymore. Was it Quartz? Sorry I'm really out of date with the mutant titles

or like Pym said the bat-phone to call SM

It was Ruby Quartz, and no, Batman wouldn't have any.

Perceiver1
The only issue is that Cyclops would most likely see it coming. His blasts aren't solid in that sense; he can see through them.

It's not that his optic blasts would prevent him from seeing it, he would fail to see it for the same reason everyone else does, Bat's skills.

But honestly, Batman doesn't even make it into the building in this set up.

The scenario couldn't favor Cyclops more. The extreme opposite would be a scenario where they are both given two weeks prep and are then sent hunting for one another around the city.

-Pr-
It's not that his optic blasts would prevent him from seeing it, he would fail to see it for the same reason everyone else does, Bat's skills.

But honestly, Batman doesn't even make it into the building in this set up.

The scenario couldn't favor Cyclops more. The extreme opposite would be a scenario where they are both given two weeks prep and are then sent hunting for one another around the city.

Launching anything at Cyclops means Cyclops will see it coming unless it's invisible. He's not some mook that can't dodge a batarang.

Giving Batman prep heavily skews things in his favour, tbh.

remigio_coldez
Launching anything at Cyclops means Cyclops will see it coming unless it's invisible. He's not some mook that can't dodge a batarang.

That is the reason why I exclude prep time, the people who thinks Batman with prep is BATGOD will certainly rush-in and ruin the discussion.

Placidity
Um smoke grenade, flashbangs, both will disrupt vision. Cyke won't see the Batarang coming at his head.

remigio_coldez
Originally posted by Placidity
Um smoke grenade, flashbangs, both will disrupt vision. Cyke won't see the Batarang coming at his head.

How far can BATMAN throw for those to be effective?

Placidity
They start off 30 meters according to OP, so he doesn't need to throw it far at all.

remigio_coldez
Originally posted by Placidity
They start off 30 meters according to OP, so he doesn't need to throw it far at all.

Ok, now BATMAN needs to get those things from his belt and throw them, while Scott only needs to press something in his gloves to open the shutter in his goggles.

Plus he is trained to blast flying objects.

Mshinu
In a comic it would be an epic drawn out fight.

In a forum fight Bats simply gets blasted off the law.. emm street by a wide burst from Cyke.

On second thought does Brucie carry the infamous bat-shield? big grin

remigio_coldez
Originally posted by Mshinu

In a forum fight Bats simply gets blasted off the law.. emm street by a wide burst from Cyke.

On second thought does Brucie carry the infamous bat-shield? big grin

What is a BAT-SHIELD?

Mshinu
It appeared in the 60s series, pure win.

http://imageshack.us/scaled/landing/218/batshield3ub.jpg

remigio_coldez
It appeared in the 60s series, pure win.

http://imageshack.us/scaled/landing/218/batshield3ub.jpg

laughing Is that STANDARD EQUIPMENT? BAT SHIELD FOR THE WIN! rolling on floor laughing

StiltmanFTW

(...)

In the comics Bruce got dropped by one optic blast stick out tongue

remigio_coldez
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
In the comics Bruce got dropped by one optic blast stick out tongue

WHAT ABOUT THE BAT-SHIELD? laughing

Sorry, can't help it. smile

StiltmanFTW
Batshield needs to be carried by both Batman and Robin at the same time. Otherwise it loses its magical protection.

curryman
Robin isn't standard equipment?

StiltmanFTW
Not anymore, all robins belong to the Joker now stick out tongue

remigio_coldez
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Batshield needs to be carried by both Batman and Robin at the same time. Otherwise it loses its magical protection.

DAMN I forgot, no outside interference unless Robin is standard equipmnet. smile

Mshinu
Bats does carry inflatable Robins in his bat-belt btw. Maybe that will do.

http://namtab.com/aquablog/allnewSFhour2c.gif

StiltmanFTW
laughing

remigio_coldez
Bats does carry inflatable Robins in his bat-belt btw. Maybe that will do.

http://namtab.com/aquablog/allnewSFhour2c.gif

rolling on floor laughing Stop, PLEASE STOP rolling on floor laughing

Perceiver1

Unless it's invisible? ermm Uhh....very highly trained Martial artists get hit with projectiles, especially if they are launched from a concealed position which is the case here..

Yeah that was my point, Just like setting them standing directly in front of one another a few meters away like it's an 18th century duel skews things in Cyclops' favor.

pym-ftw
Is knowing what Cyclops visor is made of standard knowledge?

If not I'm not sure prep would help Batman in this

Mshinu
Batman`doesn`t need prep, just the Bat-shield and the Batzooka (both standard gear). Cyke is toast.

http://lh6.google.be/thomas.meuleman/R_JZ71nI4qI/AAAAAAAAATQ/rhKg6ieKqjw/s400/batzooka5.jpg

Perceiver1
Originally posted by pym-ftw

Well it wouldn't have to be standard knowledge, if there was any public or semi-public record on either that or simply the nature of the energy that makes up Cyclop's optic blasts, there is more than a fair chance he would find it out.

Now if the nature of the energy blasts are known but the fact that ruby quartz blocks it was an independent discovery within X-men circles, then of course he's stuck again; unless he decides to contact a disgruntled former X-man, or one that doesn't know what's going on.

In any case the OP said "standard equipment" , so all of this moot anyway.

remigio_coldez
Batman`doesn`t need prep, just the Bat-shield and the Batzooka (both standard gear). Cyke is toast.

http://lh6.google.be/thomas.meuleman/R_JZ71nI4qI/AAAAAAAAATQ/rhKg6ieKqjw/s400/batzooka5.jpg

One question, how can he put that in his belt? confused

SamZED
He can because in this case bazooka is a metaphor.

remigio_coldez
Originally posted by SamZED
He can because in this case bazooka is a metaphor.

I know that he is joking (BAT-SHIELD ROCKS). smile

Forgive my ignorance, metaphor for what?

quanchi112
Cyclops wins.

-Pr-
Unless it's invisible? ermm Uhh....very highly trained Martial artists get hit with projectiles, especially if they are launched from a concealed position which is the case here..

Yeah that was my point, Just like setting them standing directly in front of one another a few meters away like it's an 18th century duel skews things in Cyclops' favor.

and why can't Cyclops shoot it out of the sky?

yup.

no, it isn't.

I know that he is joking (BAT-SHIELD ROCKS). smile

Forgive my ignorance, metaphor for what? well, its something he can doesnt even need the belt to carry, but that robin often carries for him

Rao Kal El
Originally posted by Eternal Idol
It was Ruby Quartz, and no, Batman wouldn't have any.

Thanks, but why he wont have any?
Is not like Batman cannot afford them. stick out tongue

-Pr-
Thanks, but why he wont have any?
Is not like Batman cannot afford them. stick out tongue

he wouldn't know it's related to Cyclops. and i'm not sure if it exists in dc.

Rao Kal El
he wouldn't know it's related to Cyclops. and i'm not sure if it exists in dc.

Yes I know, i just thought that it sounded funny that Batman would not have rubies stick out tongue

-Pr-
Yes I know, i just thought that it sounded funny that Batman would not have rubies stick out tongue

mmm

good point.

RangerDX
Cyclops handily.

pym-ftw
Ruby quartz is a real gem stone, but it was discovered after Xmen came out...

So take that as you will,....

Perceiver1
and why can't Cyclops shoot it out of the sky?

yup.

no, it isn't.

Uhhh... Why can't he? He could if he saw it. Just like any highly trained Martial artist could duck if he saw it.

Eternal Idol
Oh that's right! I forgot he carries various birthstones in his utility belt just in case he ever fights any calendar/zodiac-inspired villains. Of course!

durpot

-Pr-
Uhhh... Why can't he? He could if he saw it. Just like any highly trained Martial artist could duck if he saw it.

I was asking you.

Oh that's right! I forgot he carries various birthstones in his utility belt just in case he ever fights any calendar/zodiac-inspired villains. Of course!

durpot

tbh, that sounds like something ludicrous enough that the real batman would do.

Eternal Idol
tbh, that sounds like something ludicrous enough that the real batman would do.
laughing out loud

Adam West is prepared for anything, yes.

But I thought we were discussing comic book Batman?

-Pr-
That's who I was talking about laughing out loud

Rao Kal El

durpot

Ever heard of calendar man, Doctor zodiac, madame zodiac and zodiac master?

And i hope you get the joke of batman not having rubies. stick out tongue

remigio_coldez
Ever heard of calendar man, Doctor zodiac, madame zodiac and zodiac master?

And i hope you get the joke of batman not having rubies. stick out tongue

He may have rubies, but will he have enough materials or time to make a ruby quartz BAT-SHIELD, ARMOR, or BATARANGS on the spot, remember no prep.

pym-ftw
Ruby Quartz has nothing to do with rubys

remigio_coldez

You are right.

MARVEL
The only known natural substance that block the optic blasts of Cyclops without damage. The crystal resonates at the same frequency as the psionic field that protects both Cyclops and Havok from their own powers.

REAL RUBY QUARTZ
Ruby quartz gets its name from the color of the stone, which is shaded with ruby-colored flecks that are found inside of this quartz. Ruby quartz was discovered in a mine in Africa just a few short years ago, and it tends to be a rather fragile substance to work with in its natural state because it crumbles quite easily. It has a unique appearance with a variety of other colors that can be found within it, and it tends to give off a natural, subtle sparkle.

So, there is no way BATS could have any of this in his belt.

Rao Kal El

Thank you party pooper sad

smile

Just playing I already gave the win to cyclops, there is no way batman is going to win,unless the writter gives him prep time or the luck of having ruby quartz shields.

remigio_coldez
Thank you party pooper sad

smile

Just playing I already gave the win to cyclops, there is no way batman is going to win,unless the writter gives him prep time or the luck of having ruby quartz shields.

Even if he has RQ Shield, Cyckes can use his ricochet shot to tag BATS.

cdtm
Batkicks Cykes blast back at him for the win.

remigio_coldez
Originally posted by cdtm
Batkicks Cykes blast back at him for the win.

SORRY PIS/CIS OFF or does OMNIVERSAL BUSTING BATKICK standard for BATS. smile

remigio_coldez

How can you dodge something the size of a football field (I maybe over estimating GET OFF MY LAWN OPTIC BLAST), and he is in the center of it?

Sasuke sucks
How can you dodge something the size of a football field (I maybe over estimating GET OFF MY LAWN OPTIC BLAST), and he is in the center of it?

He can dig underground by using BAT-SHOVEL, it is standard equipment.

remigio_coldez
Originally posted by Sasuke sucks
He can dig underground by using BAT-SHOVEL, it is standard equipment.

Hey, BAT SHOVEL does not exist. mad

remigio_coldez
I have crazy idea.

Cyclops with Quantum Bands

VS

BATMAN with GL ring.

Both have a month to master them with Quasar and HAL as coaches.

Who wins?

Perceiver1
I was asking you.

My point was, even highly trained Martial artists get hit, and in situations where they are being targeted from a concealed position (as would be the case here) you can multiply that by five.

-Pr-
My point was, even highly trained Martial artists get hit, and in situations where they are being targeted from a concealed position (as would be the case here) you can multiply that by five.

If Cyclops didn't see it coming, I'd agree that it's possible. With his reflexes though, I can't imagine it hitting him if he sees it coming, especially with his ability.

remigio_coldez
If Cyclops didn't see it coming, I'd agree that it's possible. With his reflexes though, I can't imagine it hitting him if he sees it coming, especially with his ability.

If I remember it correctly, almost all of his DANGER ROOM training includes blasting flying objects coming at him. smile

tijay
What do you mean again?

didnt Magik get stronger?

tijay
i always wondered does the visor stop the optic blasts (and if so how do they not get blasted of his face), or just turn it into a nonlethal ray of... macguffin. or what. also how come when he stops it with his eyelids they dont go blasting off or are his eyelids supper strong.
i also never got the spilling of light whenever he covers his eyes with his hands?

Mshinu
Hey, BAT SHOVEL does not exist. mad

Lies

https://tm.mbs.ac.uk/Portals/0/Images/innovation1.jpg

iscaremonkeys
What are the chances of BATMAN winning scenario wise?
3/10

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.