Superman vs Sentry

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
No Void. No BFR.

Who wins?

http://imageshack.us/a/img259/9239/supermanrm.jpg vs http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/3443/sentrym.png

pym-ftw
What is insane sentry, if not the void

Do you mean fat Bob?

Starscream M
Originally posted by pym-ftw
What is insane sentry, if not the void

Do you mean fat Bob? edited

pym-ftw
Sentry 6/10 in a featureless environment

abhilegend
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Sentry 6/10 in a featureless environment
Can I ask why?

Cogito
DCnU Superman?

Sentry wins if so

Mshinu
Sen.. I mean SENTRY.

curryman
Sentry had a lot of strong showings before his levels started fluctuating wildly.

Even if he doesn't take any wins, every one is hard fought.

yaadaveyaa
most certainly sentry but this thread has been done at least 50 times before

Batman-Prime
Stalemate

abhilegend
Originally posted by curryman
Sentry had a lot of strong showings before his levels started fluctuating wildly.

Even if he doesn't take any wins, every one is hard fought.
Yeah, he did. Unfortunately for him superman has better showings for more than 20 years and he doesn't fluctuate.

curryman
Originally posted by abhilegend
Yeah, he did. Unfortunately for him superman has better showings for more than 20 years and he doesn't fluctuate.

Superman's fluctuated.

And the picture is of DCNU Superman.

abhilegend
Superman's fluctuated.

And the picture is of DCNU Superman.
Like Sentry? Don't make me laugh.

I couldn't see the pictures. Thanks for the heads up.

curryman
Like Sentry? Don't make me laugh.

I couldn't see the pictures. Thanks for the heads up.

Herald to Multiversal?

Same fluctuation as Sentry.

carver9
Sentry stomps.

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by carver9
Sentry stomps.
laughing

abhilegend
Herald to Multiversal?

Same fluctuation as Sentry.
Sentry has fluctuated to multiversal level? I hope you don't take his MM showing as him being multiversal. For your own good.

quanchi112
Yeah, he did. Unfortunately for him superman has better showings for more than 20 years and he doesn't fluctuate. All characters fluctuate. laughing out loud

One writer isn't handing a single character. Wow.

curryman
Sentry has fluctuated to multiversal level? I hope you don't take his MM showing as him being multiversal. For your own good.

Obviously bullshit, I know.

Still what happened.

Do you deny Superman's fluctuations ? Why don't you mention what you believe are their lowest and highest showings.

Stoic
Sentry was the king of fluctuations, but at his most powerful, I could see him winning this by replicating the showing put up by Helspont. At his least, he takes a huge beating the likes of what Antiman would have showered down upon him, if they fought man to man.

abhilegend
Obviously bullshit, I know.

Still what happened.

Do you deny Superman's fluctuations ? Why don't you mention what you believe are their lowest and highest showings.
First post-retcon MM isn't multiversal, and he's lost to everyone from Klaw to She-hulk to Aaron and beating him doesn't makes someone multiversal.

Why don't you give it a go?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Stoic
Sentry was the king of fluctuations, but at his most powerful, I could see him winning this by replicating the showing put up by Helspont. At his least, he takes a huge beating the likes of what Antiman would have showered down upon him, if they fought man to man. Sentry at pre his best still burned out a WW Hulk. I see him beating Superman any way the fight goes down. He's on another level imo.

Stoic
Originally posted by quanchi112
Sentry at pre his best still burned out a WW Hulk. I see him beating Superman any way the fight goes down. He's on another level imo.

Well these are both guys that at their best could likely bench press Jupiter, so I wouldn't want to place any hard bets. Bob's best indeed beats DCnU Superman's best by a country mile with his handling of Owen. His worst though... erm

curryman
First post-retcon MM isn't multiversal, and he's lost to everyone from Klaw to She-hulk to Aaron and beating him doesn't makes someone multiversal.

Why don't you give it a go?

I thought the Kosmos-Beyonder thing was post-retcon?

I just did didn't I ?

quanchi112
Well these are both guys that at their best could likely bench press Jupiter, so I wouldn't want to place any hard bets. Bob's best indeed beats DCnU Superman's best by a country mile with his handling of Owen. His worst though... erm I would. Sentry beat Blue Marvel in his own book, overloaded the absorbing man, burned out WW Hulk, hung with Photon while holding back all pre his best stuff.

abhilegend
I thought the Kosmos-Beyonder thing was post-retcon?

I just did didn't I ?
Kosmos isn't owen.

Actually you didn't.

carver9
I would. Sentry beat Blue Marvel in his own book, overloaded the absorbing man, burned out WW Hulk, hung with Photon while holding back all pre his best stuff.

You forgot "treating Terrax like a step child" while snapping his ax in half with two fingers.

Stoic
I would. Sentry beat Blue Marvel in his own book, overloaded the absorbing man, burned out WW Hulk, hung with Photon while holding back all pre his best stuff.

I agree with everything except the Blue Marvel thing. I have to tell you I'm a big DC fan, just like I am with Marvel. Hey you should try DC Universe Online if you haven't yet. I'm liking it a lot.

yaadaveyaa
I agree with everything except the Blue Marvel thing. I have to tell you I'm a big DC fan, just like I am with Marvel. Hey you should try DC Universe Online if you haven't yet. I'm liking it a lot.

u know i was wondering if anyone played or not anymore i have a character named sentry and looks just like him LOL

quanchi112
You forgot "treating Terrax like a step child" while snapping his ax in half with two fingers. I just named a few feats I didn't try to document his entire history.

curryman
Kosmos isn't owen.

Actually you didn't.

And there's the cosmic cube incidents....

What are you talking about? I literally just said herald to multiversal.

quanchi112
I agree with everything except the Blue Marvel thing. I have to tell you I'm a big DC fan, just like I am with Marvel. Hey you should try DC Universe Online if you haven't yet. I'm liking it a lot. Blue Marvel was a pretty big deal for it to happen in his own book/initial appearance story. I don't have the time.

abhilegend
And there's the cosmic cube incidents....

What are you talking about? I literally just said herald to multiversal.
Owen doesn't gets the feats of full cubes.

Except sentry doesn't gets higher than trans tier.

quanchi112

Except sentry doesn't gets higher than trans tier. The ability destroys Superman. Who cares where you rank him as the tactic clearly beats Superman. You can't disagree.

Rao Kal El
If this is NE Superman, Superman wins more often than not.

If not Sentry has the advantage

Rao Kal El
But then again, I have not read but a few issues of NU52.

curryman

Except sentry doesn't gets higher than trans tier.

You're right.

He doesn't.

Sentry doesn't go higher than trans.

So who's been fluctuating the most then?

My comment about Superman fluctuating as much or more than Sentry made you laugh apparently.

So.

I ask you.

Who's fluctuated the most.

Sentry with his herald-trans fluctuation.

Or.

Superman with his herald - multiversal fluctuation.

abhilegend
You're right.

He doesn't.

Sentry doesn't go higher than trans.

So who's been fluctuating the most then?

My comment about Superman fluctuating as much or more than Sentry made you laugh apparently.

So.

I ask you.

Who's fluctuated the most.

Sentry with his herald-trans fluctuation.

Or.

Superman with his herald - multiversal fluctuation.
I meant fluctuation as bad showings that get your average dropped.

Estacado
Superman.

-Pr-
Preboot Superman wins solidly.

N52, leaning towards Sentry for now.

guy222
Supes

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by guy222
Supes

thumb up

yaadaveyaa
Originally posted by guy222
Supes

no no

u will need to provide something that shows this version of supes gets anywhere near close to touching sentry plz provide

Tony Stark
Sentry stomps.

yes

mighty adam
Originally posted by -Pr-
Preboot Superman wins solidly.

N52, leaning towards Sentry for now. always the voice of good reason

quanchi112
Originally posted by Rao Kal El
If this is NE Superman, Superman wins more often than not.

If not Sentry has the advantage Based on what ?

-Pr-
Originally posted by mighty adam
always the voice of good reason

Thank you.

Rao Kal El
Based on what ?

Comics dude, take off your biased goggles and read some Superman comics, it might help you.

Damborgson
Superman

quanchi112
Comics dude, take off your biased goggles and read some Superman comics, it might help you. I have read many that's why I seriously question it. I have also seen an all out Superman unable to put WW down for the count with an all out punch. When Sentry goes all out people get ripped in half. Superman also stalemates captain Marvel in strength while the Sentry tapped WW Hulk(strongest Hulk had been up to that point in a fight). I think sentry is clearly a lot more powerful.

Rao Kal El
I have read many that's why I seriously question it. I have also seen an all out Superman unable to put WW down for the count with an all out punch.

Then you probably have only read sacrifice, Because if you read for tomorrow in that story he pretty much casually handled her, OR absolute power, where all out sm killed her rather easy, or the JLA one shot where she acknowledges that she cannot defeat him.

AND You should re-read sacrifice with out your goggles, because if you notice on the first minutes of the fight, Superman was about to punch Diana into the sun, the sun was right behind her, but somehow the sun moved out of the way right in the very next panel (I would love for you to explain that), so basically Diana survived because the sun moved out of the way, then later on the SAME writer explained that and showed Superman's state of mind when fighting Diana, basically giving the idea of how hard it will be for anyone to try to have a decent fight while you are having hallucinations (you think, you could give a good fight when you see something with your eyes, but the reality is something completely different?)

So you are ignoring all those circumstances and those other examples.

Also it was said later on (52 series) that Max Lord was not able to break Superman's moral code to kill.

When Sentry goes all out people get ripped in half.

When Superman goes all out, not even The Atom at atom size is safe, he had to hide inside Superman's body in order to not get killed. ATOM SIZE!!! and breaks Diana's neck and Bracers AND GL's auto lethal protection shields.

Superman also stalemates captain Marvel in strength while the Sentry tapped WW Hulk(strongest Hulk had been up to that point in a fight).

Superman goes normal mode with CM, His character does not allows him to kill, let alone kill CHILDREN, He knows CM is a little kid AND He has defeated CM FYI.

I think sentry is clearly a lot more powerful.

You think He is more powerful, because of the way he is portrayed in a world where the dials go only up to 9. Sentry is powerful, but He is not beating Superman. Superman will win more often than not.

carver9
Rao...

Those wasn't the real Diana you are referencing...Sacrafice is the real deal. That like someone using an alt Diana killing Superman with a stab to the stomach.

Rao Kal El
Rao...

Those wasn't the real Diana you are referencing...Sacrafice is the real deal. That like someone using an alt Diana killing Superman with a stab to the stomach.

Yes, I know she is the same Diana form this universe from an alt time line, and Superman recalls killing her at the end of the arc, but, what about the other Diana's? Why do they get handled easily by Superman on the eyes of most writers. Even in the eyes of Rucka, he had to move the sun off Diana's certain death, in one of the best examples of PIS

The example you mention about the stabbing is a vision, not an event that did happen.

And explain why the sun moved out of the way of Diana's death?

leonidas
nu superman i'm less sure about. pre reboot has a whole lot of room between avg and high showings. pre reboot wins pretty solidly.

bbrem123
Sentry

quanchi112
Rao...

Those wasn't the real Diana you are referencing...Sacrafice is the real deal. That like someone using an alt Diana killing Superman with a stab to the stomach. thumb up
He's really mad.

quanchi112
Then you probably have only read sacrifice, Because if you read for tomorrow in that story he pretty much casually handled her, OR absolute power, where all out sm killed her rather easy, or the JLA one shot where she acknowledges that she cannot defeat him. I am not saying I think she is more formidable than he is. She clearly isn't but in sacrifice he was all out and hit her as hard as he could. She ended up getting the better of him in the end. She took his all out punch and still recovered. You can't take that away no matter how hard you try. She also held back.
He still hit and hv'd her all out. She took it and still got the better of him. his mentality obviously hindered him all around but the ferocity of his attacks someone far less than he is took them. If an all out Hulk went at Diana he'd kill her imo. Two completely different levels of power but I don't have to tell you because I can tell by your sig you are turning on Superman.
Again this doesn't take away from what Diana herself did against an all out Superman. The only thing he ended up doing at the end of the fight was felt his blood run out of his throat.

They are still strength peers. Hulk doesn't 'really have strength peers on his level unlike Superman. Marvel holds back as well.

Thor is no Sentry. Sentry is on another level entirely. If Superman's all out punch can't end Diana he isn't doing well against the sentry who is on another level.

-Pr-
Guys, you were asked to stop lowballing. I'm just going to stop asking and start requesting bans at this point.

Rao Kal El
I am not saying I think she is more formidable than he is. She clearly isn't but in sacrifice he was all out and hit her as hard as he could. She ended up getting the better of him in the end. She took his all out punch and still recovered. You can't take that away no matter how hard you try. She also held back.

I am still waiting for your answer onto WHY the sun moved out of Diana's way.

If Superman have hit her into the sun she would most likely died. Do you agree or not?

He still hit and hv'd her all out. She took it and still got the better of him. his mentality obviously hindered him all around but the ferocity of his attacks someone far less than he is took them. If an all out Hulk went at Diana he'd kill her imo.

Not really, IF You read the comics like you claim you did, then you will know, that Superman did not wanted to kill Doomsday/Diana , He wanted to make him suffer first, so clearly there is no intention of killing. And I doubt Hulk can break WW bracers, kill her, maybe eventually, but not in less than 45 seconds. Superman got a WW KO in 45 seconds with the intention of making her suffer, Hulk might do the same with the intention of killing her.

Two completely different levels of power but I don't have to tell you because I can tell by your sig you are turning on Superman.

Lol, really? OK, Quani................ moving on.

Again this doesn't take away from what Diana herself did against an all out Superman. The only thing he ended up doing at the end of the fight was felt his blood run out of his throat.

Meh! The sun dodged Diana, pretty understandable as the plot needed it. And remember that throat cut healed pretty fast wink

They are still strength peers. Hulk doesn't 'really have strength peers on his level unlike Superman. Marvel holds back as well.

LOL, Hulk has potentially unlimited strength, but he has to work for it. Superman is already there and his strength increases too, fyi as much as HE want's to. is not like He needs to get mad in order for him to become stronger, He just does it.

Thor is no Sentry. Sentry is on another level entirely. If Superman's all out punch can't end Diana he isn't doing well against the sentry who is on another level.

He is in another level in the Quanverse, like Thanos and Hulk, not here.

Keep trying, you still have a lot to learn Quani.

Hopefully this time you won't dodge questions, because I remember last time I have to put you on the Kiddie table with Carver for dodging questions.

quanchi112
I will respond to this at another time since mod heat is on this thread.

-Pr-
Did you just seriously imply that you'll wait until mods aren't looking before continuing to lowball?

Rao Kal El
http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu200/biensalsa/GIFS/THANOS-troll_zps411a3686.gif

I thought it was funny, so I shared

leonidas
Did you just seriously imply that you'll wait until mods aren't looking before continuing to lowball?

laughing

you're what? surprised? lol

Diesldude
Originally posted by leonidas
laughing

you're what? surprised? lol LOL... I'm more surprised that Quan admitted to low balling and was going to wait fot PR to turn his attention elsewhere.

carver9
That's not what I got from his post.

quanchi112
Did you just seriously imply that you'll wait until mods aren't looking before continuing to lowball? That isn't what I meant. I just meant at another time might this argument come up in another form. Originally posted by carver9
That's not what I got from his post. thumb up

Sabro
Sentry in a stomp. (Superman is just a very mobile brick with many weaknesses)

-Pr-
That isn't what I meant. I just meant at another time might this argument come up in another form. thumb up

Okay.

Originally posted by Sabro
Sentry in a stomp. (Superman is just a very mobile brick with many weaknesses)

Many?

tkitna
Bob wins.

quanchi112
Originally posted by tkitna
Bob wins. thumb up

TheHulk
The fact his thread has not been closed means this has not been done? lol that is weird confused

TheHulk
I agree with everything except the Blue Marvel thing. I have to tell you I'm a big DC fan, just like I am with Marvel. Hey you should try DC Universe Online if you haven't yet. I'm liking it a lot. I played it for 5 days got bored easily but hey good game smile

TheHulk
Anyway Sentry beats DCNU Superman 7/10

Batman-Prime

Ban him sneer

marcssands14
bump

SamZED
And I still say that the blond superman nobody likes wins this.

quanchi112
Love the blonde not Superman guy named Sentry. He does win.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.