Adventure Time with Finn and Jake.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

starryknight
So I looked around and couldn't find a place to nerd out about AT so here it is. Let the discussions BEGIN!

SevenShackles
Im really enjoying the Marceline + ice king episodes, even the one when the Linch King goes back in time and changes history so she is a crazy old lady guarding his body/crown. Thought that was a nice addition.

I want to see them do a episode with flame princess and Marceline. Curious how that would turn out.

KingD19
Originally posted by SevenShackles
Im really enjoying the Marceline + ice king episodes, even the one when the Linch King goes back in time and changes history so she is a crazy old lady guarding his body/crown. Thought that was a nice addition.

I want to see them do a episode with flame princess and Marceline. Curious how that would turn out.

Did you see the newest one with Marcey and Simon? It was kinda sad to watch, but well done as always.

starryknight
Omg I cried at the end of "Simon and Marcy" when they just look at the Ice King with a new found respect...it's so sad that he slipped into madness. :..(

KingD19
Once I found out that it was the crown that was driving him crazy, and it was all to protect a child Marceline, I realized Ice King was a great guy. He was just the victim of a horrible situation where he had to sacrifice himself to basically keep his daughter safe. And all the princess kidnapping and the insanity is the crown.

I also just realize how freaking powerful he could be.

SevenShackles
Originally posted by KingD19
Once I found out that it was the crown that was driving him crazy, and it was all to protect a child Marceline, I realized Ice King was a great guy. He was just the victim of a horrible situation where he had to sacrifice himself to basically keep his daughter safe. And all the princess kidnapping and the insanity is the crown.

I also just realize how freaking powerful he could be.
Exactly how i feel about it to be honest and yeah his power potential is intense.

When he started calling Marceline Gunter I couldnt help but start to crack up given the current relationship he actually has with the penguin Gunter.

So far in the series I only count four humans, Fin, Susan strong, Linch King and ice king. Have I missed any?

KingD19
Susan Strong actually isn't a human. Remember she's one of those fish head mutants.

She's probably descended from humans from before the Mushroom Wars, but 1,000+ years has evolved/de-volved her race into something decidedly non-human, even if it's somewhat similar.

Because "Beautopia" looks to be a fallout shelter that got infected by radiation, like in Fallout 3.

And you missed Abe Lincoln, and Ice King(Simon's) fiancee.

SevenShackles
Susan Strong actually isn't a human. Remember she's one of those fish head mutants.

She's probably descended from humans from before the Mushroom Wars, but 1,000+ years has evolved/de-volved her race into something decidedly non-human, even if it's somewhat similar.

Because "Beautopia" looks to be a fallout shelter that got infected by radiation, like in Fallout 3.

And you missed Abe Lincoln, and Ice King(Simon's) fiancee.

Oh they actually showed Susan with the fish head? I always assumed that the fact they didnt show her fish head (or so I thought) sort of hinted to perhaps she was human and the other fish men are a bit of a fake out.

KingD19
There's a chance she could be non-mutated as they didn't show her head, but considering every other Hyooman shown was mutated, and she was a part of the tribe, it's more likely she's a fish face than not. Although it's a very low chance she could have been born unmutated aside from her freakish size and strength.

Nephthys
Didn't they show that she has a bit of hair under the hood?

KingD19
Yeah. She had the front tuft of blond and a pony tail like Finn has shown from time to time.

http://images.wikia.com/adventuretimewithfinnandjake/images/3/30/S2e18_gif_susan_strong_wants_more_candy.gif

But she was confused/surprised when Finn's hat came off and he didn't have gills. Which either means she has them, or was so used to the Hyooman's having them she never saw someone without them.

NotAllThatEvil
Except that she not only owns a boat, but been down the dangerous river before and lost another boat. I assume since she doesn't swim and was surprised when finn didn't, that she doesn't have gills.

SevenShackles
I always thought it would be interesting if Fin and Susan turned out to be siblings. One raised by dogs and the other taken in by the fish-people. Would make for interesting episodes that might explore a tad deeper into fins past.

starryknight
Does anyone else wish that FP finds out that PB was the reason why she was locked up at a young age. Also what's up with Bubblegum is she another immortal, that would explain Marceline having a long history with her.

XanatosForever
Simon and Marcey certainly implies something to that degree. The pink stuff looked like some kind of proto-Peebles.

starryknight
The only problem I have with that is she admits to not being able to live forever when she creates Goliad.

SevenShackles
Originally posted by starryknight
Does anyone else wish that FP finds out that PB was the reason why she was locked up at a young age. Also what's up with Bubblegum is she another immortal, that would explain Marceline having a long history with her.

I wanted to see the same thing when it comes to FP finding out PB was behind her imprisonment but quickly changed my mind when I realized it would most likely force Fin to choose and most likely bring his thing with FP to an end.
Figured it would play out FP gets angry, most likely flips out and goes for PB and then fin can either do nothing or be a hero.. Eh he always picks 'hero'. But if anything I hope if it is done it doesn't end that way.

Would like to see some FP/PB jealousy type stuff. smokin'

starryknight
That is true, "responsibly demands sacrifice."

XanatosForever
Originally posted by starryknight
The only problem I have with that is she admits to not being able to live forever when she creates Goliad.

True, but that doesn't mean she can't have lived a really long time. Consider that she was reverted to being thirteen after being possessed by the Lich, and was able to become eighteen again with some science and love hugs.

I wanted to see the same thing when it comes to FP finding out PB was behind her imprisonment but quickly changed my mind when I realized it would most likely force Fin to choose and most likely bring his thing with FP to an end.
Figured it would play out FP gets angry, most likely flips out and goes for PB and then fin can either do nothing or be a hero.. Eh he always picks 'hero'. But if anything I hope if it is done it doesn't end that way.

Would like to see some FP/PB jealousy type stuff. smokin'

They already showed some. In a way.

starryknight
Interesting I never thought about it like that and holy cow I can't wait til Mondays episode...if it's just an episode of Finn eating waffles I might just lose it lol.

SevenShackles
Originally posted by XanatosForever

They already showed some. In a way.

Talking about PB trying to tell Fin he couldn't be with FP while showing up in different cute dresses and such for no apparent reason?
I'm thinking more direct FP taking notice of PB and how Fin jumps to her commands. Perhaps puts to much thought into it and with a wrongly placed slip from Jake is told Fin used to have a 'thing' for PB. That sort of cluster F**k of a mess lol

KingD19
At what temperature does Bubblegum melt?

SevenShackles
At what temperature does Bubblegum melt?

melting point is 240 deg. F/115 deg. C
cool

starryknight
So the new episode is interesting and unexpected but somehow it should've been...

XanatosForever
Talking about PB trying to tell Fin he couldn't be with FP while showing up in different cute dresses and such for no apparent reason?
I'm thinking more direct FP taking notice of PB and how Fin jumps to her commands. Perhaps puts to much thought into it and with a wrongly placed slip from Jake is told Fin used to have a 'thing' for PB. That sort of cluster F**k of a mess lol

Talking about the mini-dudes that Finn got obsessed with. laughing

KingD19
Oh yeah. When he basically had "The Sims" versions of all of the citizens of Ooo. That got kinda weird.

starryknight
I shipped Pepbut and Marceline all day.

11anegm
What 'Sims' thing? I didn't see that episode sad

SevenShackles
Originally posted by 11anegm
What 'Sims' thing? I didn't see that episode sad

Seasons 5 episode 109 "all the little people"
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121231170754/adventuretime/it/images/d/de/All_the_Little_People,Adventure_Time.png
he gets mini 'sim' like versions of a bunch of characters then proceeds to make horrible choices (mostly out of curiosity I believe) and grows a little obsessive laughing out loud
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mehvyoIvdz1qbj98jo1_500.gif
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mehncbXETP1rud8z1o1_r2_500.gif

11anegm
Oh...that is kind of creepy. What episode do you guys like best?

NotAllThatEvil
I remember you/Simon and Marcy.
Tragic heroes make me happy...

KingD19
Jake the Dad.

His kids are awesome.

starryknight
"What was Missing" is my all time favorite but "I remember you" and "Simon and Marcy" was awesome though omg and all of the Fire Princess episodes... it's hard to just pick one, there's so many great ones.

NotAllThatEvil
Does the last episode confirm PB is actually gay?

KingD19
No. She actually loved the guy, but she herself wasn't ready for that commitment, and she wasn't ready to deprive the candy kingdom of her in her entirety to make herself happy. That's why she made her doppleganger which acted pretty similarly. And she called him "my love" after he left.

It does make me wonder about how okay everyone is with Peppermint Butler being a necromancer and dark magic user though with ties to several demonic beings, even Death.

NotAllThatEvil
She said her love for him was no different than any candy person. She felt bad for him so she made him a straight sex bot... THIS SHOW IS MESSED UP!

KingD19
She said that directly to him to get him to take an emotional step back from her as a person and make it easier to transition to Bubblebot or whatever her Doppleganger's name was.

She's never called any other Candy Person "My Love". It's clear she had feelings for him, whether product of the demon's spell, or because she fell for him for all of the stuff he did to her.

Nephthys
whether product of the demon's spell

This is what I think. Before she seemed pretty clear and it was all but confirmed that he didn't actually love her and she knew it.

KingD19
Do you mean that the other way around? She didn't love him and he knew it.

Nephthys
No, I mean that she clearly could see that he wasn't really in love with her and seemed to show no romantic feelings back up until he became magically lovable. She seems irritated by him in fact. Why would she return the feelings of someone who doesn't really love her? All the stuff he does is with the expectation that it will immediately make her fall for him and he gets frustrated when she doesn't swoon over it. Right at the end, he just wishes that she'll love him without any regard for her feelings or freedom. That isn't love. Broco was actually kind of a huge prick tbh. The episode was a surprisingly sophisticated deconstruction of those kind of guys who just expect girls to fall for them because they're nice to them.

Heres a great analysis of the episode imo:

KingD19
I've only got one thing to say to that.

Jaaaaames Baaaaaxter.

AsbestosFlaygon
Dude... that was deep, man.

So, who do guys think is the most powerful being in the Adventure Time multiverse?
Prismo? Cosmic Owl? Death? Glob Gob Grob Grod, the so-called "God" of AT?
Or Peppermint Butler?

NotAllThatEvil
Prismo or the owl.

NotAllThatEvil
Also, what relationship doesn't start out as infatuation. His father died. Giving him a chance to be with the princess, of course he's going to want it. And princess bubblegum started working on the Pbot during their first date. She didn't even give him a chance. If she's waiting for someone who will give her unconditional love right off the back, she's going to be single a long time.

Nephthys
You've got that all tangled round dude. He was the one wanting unconditional love right off the bat, claiming to be in love with her despite not having met her. She correctly deduced that he was only infatuated with her and just wanted to be with her because he thought he needed to, so she started working on a way for him to be happy. She just wasn't into him, you can't blame her for that. So she didn't give him a chance. So what? She doesn't 'owe' him a chance or anything. If she's not interested, she's not interested.

AsbestosFlaygon
Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
Also, what relationship doesn't start out as infatuation. His father died. Giving him a chance to be with the princess, of course he's going to want it. And princess bubblegum started working on the Pbot during their first date. She didn't even give him a chance. If she's waiting for someone who will give her unconditional love right off the back, she's going to be single a long time.
I think PB is focused with science stuff and ruling the Candy Kingdom, that she has become emotionally and socially detached.
She's (almost) always doing her own stuff and/or isolating herself.

About Braco, yeah I think it's more of an infatuation than true love.
He loves PB only because he was taught by to love PB.
Like following religion blindly. Or like a robot being programmed to do what its creator tells it to do, similar to Doppelganger PB.

NotAllThatEvil
His dad died for Infatuation though. The least she could do was one date.

Nephthys
A date out of pity? Out of obligation? Yeah, no, she doesn't owe him that. His dad died because he couldn't let go of his infatuation, even when it wasn't built on anything real. Giving him a real date and encouraging him would have just led to the same fate.l

NotAllThatEvil
Hypothetically, let's say braco DID love PB, what would you consider the best way to go about that?

BloodRain
If he truly loved her.. Himself and PB would be close enough for him to get to that stage, which means PB would know if she has any feelings towards him from this hypothetical closeness.

Then its either getting together (if she felt the same), going on a date (if she wasn't sure, but thought its possible) or putting him in the friendzone (if she didn't reciprocate the feelings).

Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
Prismo? Cosmic Owl? Death? Glob Gob Grob Grod, the so-called "God" of AT?
Prismo > all

Grod.. G4 is under the ruling of Abe so its likely Abe is above 'them'. It was said that Abe is the Jesus of AT, though he's not a religious figure. G4 is possibly the 'god' figure as being the only deity to regularly go to Ooo, at least more than any other, with the Owl only appearing in the subconscious. Death can reap Abraham of his immortality.

I think the Cosmic Owl is only some spirit guide or messenger, though apparently he can/will devour the Why Wolves when they over populate the planet. Guardian Spirit? Either way he hasnt shown a level of power or authority above this.

Prismo > Death > Abraham Lincoln ≥ G4 > Abadeer, Lich and Billy. FP, Ice King and Magic Man are on the same level if using their full potentials. Cosmic Owl is likely around here.

NotAllThatEvil
They did go on a date though. And love isn't exactly a two way street. He could love her and have her not reciprocate even a little bit of that.

Nephthys
Hypothetically, let's say braco DID love PB, what would you consider the best way to go about that?

Actually meeting her would be a good idea. no expression

Of course then theres the obvious one of getting to know her and establish anything of a relationship with her before pulling out the 'I luv u' card. Then theres being nice and doing nice things to/for her without trying to use it to purchase a relationship with her, instead doing it purely because he loves her and wants her to be happy. Not trying to use cheap tricks or stupid pick-up acts like peacocking to get her attention. Etc

And then if she's not interested in him? Give up.

NotAllThatEvil
So he did wait in line to meet her and then tried get to know her on a date and did nice things for her... I'm missing what he did wrong.

Nephthys
I meant that he should actually meet her before being in love with her. And that he should get to know her in a non-romantic way. PBubs isn't a douche, I'm sure she wouldn't mind just talking to him as a citizen. Also he did nice things for her solely so that she would like him. He didn't care about what she needed the soulgem for or that she needed it, he only cared about it because he thought he could use it to buy her love.

AsbestosFlaygon
Originally posted by BloodRain

Prismo > all

I think the Cosmic Owl is only some spirit guide or messenger, though apparently he can/will devour the Why Wolves when they over populate the planet. Guardian Spirit? Either way he hasnt shown a level of power or authority above this.

Prismo > Death > Abraham Lincoln ≥ G4 > Abadeer, Lich and Billy. FP, Ice King and Magic Man are on the same level if using their full potentials. Cosmic Owl is likely around here.
Well, Cosmic Owl was unaffected by The Lich's wish, if that says anything.

KingD19
The fact that only CO and Prismo have been shown existing in a beyond Three Dimensional realm imo puts them above pretty much everyone else. For example, Lincoln had to sacrifice himself to bring Jake back. But Prismo could have easily done it. And considering Cosmic Owl is Prismo's homies and they actually have a derogatory term for anyone who doesn't naturally inhabit their realm of existence, they're above everyone else.

NotAllThatEvil
So in a battle between marceline's father figures, who would win in a fight. Hudson abadeer or ice king?

BloodRain
@Flaygon & King: Well Lich wished for the extinction of all life, with the way Prismo's wishes work this could have left out the Owl for not being a living thing or something like that. That and CO only showed up after Finn makes the wish that the Lich never existed, making his wish to have never happen.

CO being able to come and go from this realm doesn't really say a lot as we know there are ways to get there, for all we know CO might just have this ability from what he is/what he does or permission by Prismo.

So in a battle between marceline's father figures, who would win in a fight. Hudson abadeer or ice king?
Depends. Normal Ice King would get his ass handed to him. Abadeer slapping around Finn proves this. Though using his full powers Ice King could rise high above him in power.

SevenShackles
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51pY3dNSaHL._SX342_.jpg

AsbestosFlaygon
Looks like Ice King found himself a new babe lol

Good show for Ice King outsmarting and beating Party God and tossing him to space.

NotAllThatEvil
So does anyone else think PB is having a... weird phase lately?

Emi~Kiro

NotAllThatEvil
I'm not sure I want more character if that means she becomes more a total b**ch though...

SevenShackles
I'm not sure I want more character if that means she becomes more a total b**ch though...

She's always been a b**ch. Remember the peanut king? Whenever you get pass that royal princess outer shell she's always had that spark of semi evil b**ch that just goes overlooked. I mean even those around her like peppermint butler has roots in some heavily shady stuff.

Nephthys
I agree that she's being kind of a B*tch. I mean, last episode she risked her life to save a candy citizen despite already having a cure and thinking he was being stupid just to respect his beliefs. What a c*nt.

SevenShackles
Originally posted by Nephthys
I agree that she's being kind of a B*tch. I mean, last episode she risked her life to save a candy citizen despite already having a cure and thinking he was being stupid just to respect his beliefs. What a c*nt.

Lol good point. Shes good natured but her personality can come across a little strong. I see nothing wrong with it I actually like her attitude/personality and sometimes semi-extreme pov. thumb up I think she's more fun now.

Digi
Just watched Season 5, episode 11, the one with the Fionna and Cake fan fiction from Ice King and Marcy.

There's some odd elements to this show that definitely go beyond kids. But this was the first episode that made my skin crawl a little bit. IK's obsession with a female Finn is...disturbing. And they tacked on some really weird feelings from Marcy as well.

Not that I mind, of course. It was just like "damn, they went there?!"

Love this show though.

Nephthys
http://31.media.tumblr.com/7d010d4a2d65d0cf2aac300e8415f881/tumblr_mr3v4yNyOd1s8p90mo1_500.gif

Finn was a major butt in this episode. I think Finn turning into an incoherent hairy baby at the end of the dream is a good euphemism for puberty.

StyleTime
So are they broken up now?

Also, Finn had wet dreams about Flame Princess. She was totally burning his crotch.

KingD19
Both Cosmic Owl and Ice King said he blew it. So it's a strong possibility.

NotAllThatEvil
Kinda wish ice king would have won the fight. He apparently has the power to freeze the entire world, it be nice to see him use it every now and then.

KingD19
And Flame Princess has the power to burn the entire world. So it makes sense they tied more or less.

SevenShackles
http://geek-news.mtv.com//wp-content/uploads/geek/2013/08/adventure-time_futurama.jpg

KingD19
Bender's gonna be talking to himself the whole episode.

Nephthys
Wow, another episode of Finn being an immature creep. And he didn't even really learn his lesson at the end. I watched Finn clumsily try to recreate the moments from him time with Young PB and I just felt embarrassed for him. I cringed when he referenced the "you so spice!" line from Too Young. Now I think the Cosmic Owl dream was hinting that Finn's going to **** up royally because of his puberty issues.

Also it doesn't really need to be said from a Lemongrab episode, but WTF!!!??

BloodRain
Finn's going through puberty? (bit behind)

Nephthys
He had a dream where Fire Princess was burning his crotch but he enjoyed it, which was pretty unsubtle in that Finns starting to awaken sexually.

Nephthys
http://data.whicdn.com/images/75795040/large.jpg
http://i6.minus.com/jbr7ffEZOcKz1z_e.jpg

I doubt thats a coincidence.

ChloePat
I've only seen the first series as it's the only one on Netflix...I really need to play catch up here.

NotAllThatEvil
Does princess bubblegum age?

AsbestosFlaygon
So, I had to catch up with some episodes I missed, and all I have to say is:
Wow... There's a lot of themes being dealt with in this season; more than the previous seasons.
Dementia, puberty, obsession, rejection, greed, death, love, and redemption...

Some episodes (ie. The Suitor, I Remember You, The Vault) had some really serious overtones to it, an almost "in your face" approach of conveying the message to the adult viewers.
It got me thinking about some aspects about life, even though I know it's just a cartoon lol.

Nephthys
I also totally called Doug Walker having no clue how to talk about Adventure Time! His complete befuddlement was quite amusing.

Nephthys
To be honest I'm not actually sure why Doug is so confused. Its crazy nonsense wackiness bro, stop thinking about it so much.

AsbestosFlaygon
To be honest I'm not actually sure why Doug is so confused. Its crazy nonsense wackiness bro, stop thinking about it so much.
Who's Doug Walker?

NotAllThatEvil
The nostalgia critic

Nephthys
Doug needs to step back and remember that this is a children's cartoon, and that children can follow the plot just fine. If a kid can figure out that Jake is a magic dog, why can't he? He's going about this all wrong, being intentionally combative and attempting to "figure out" a show that doesn't need to be figured out. He's going to end up dropping the show before the story starts to pick up and continuity becomes heavier.

And he needs to review these in half-hours. As it was. As it was meant to be. Cartoon Network may have decided to split up episodes, but by both production and historical precedence, there should be two "episodes" per episode. Two eleven minute segments per episode.

AuraAngel
Doug wants to "figure out" the show so that he can find something to talk about in his vlogs.

But if he dropped the show I would legit lol.

Nephthys
Yeah and all he ends up doing is talk about how he can't understand it or find anything to talk about. This guy is able to talk about the episodes just fine just by rattling off the plot and giving some thoughts on things like funny jokes and characters. He embraces the zaniness rather than try to fight it.

AuraAngel
The latest one was much better since Doug found a guy to go back and forth with.

Really people should just spoil a few things about the plot to Doug so he can see that things do indeed come back. But I don't think everything was planned from the beginning obviously.

starryknight
"Peeps will never starve in my eternal empire!" *golf claps*

XanatosForever
Finn and Jake sure are a pair, both being colorblind and all.

Nephthys
http://i.somethingawful.com/forumsystem/emoticons/emot-stare.gif

Huh?

Nephthys
Finn Was *Always* an arsehole.

Holy crap, mind = blown.

Also we have an age for PB now. Her backstory was revealed in the recent game. So yeah...

MIND = BLOWN!

cdtm

Holy crap, mind = blown.

Also we have an age for PB now. Her backstory was revealed in the recent game. So yeah...

MIND = BLOWN!

Well, considering his best friend is an anthropomorphized Bender.. smile

006jahzVFMM

XanatosForever

Holy crap, mind = blown.

MIND = BLOWN!

With all the Dungeons & Dragons call outs, is this really surprising? Finn is the stereotypical PC Adventurer.

Nephthys
Yeah, its just cool seeing it all together like this. Finn does some questionable stuff, but it didn't sink in until I saw that.

Anyway, I thought you guys would be more excited about Bubblegums age and origin being revealed. Has anyone else seen it?

KingD19
It's not much of one, but in Finn's defense. He is one of like 3-4 known humans left in existence. He was raised by talking dogs(one of whom was pretty hard on him(Joshua) ), and he is constantly surrounded by monsters and creatures. He's bound to have some serious problems just as a product of his environment.

Nephthys
Wow that episode was dark. Princess Bubblegum is the embodiment of Utilitarianism. I love these episodes where the cartoon princess of a kingdom made out of candy has to make uncomfortable ethical decisions. The thing is that she makes a ton of ****ed-up, morally iffy choices but I'd never say she's actually wrong.

I think we're setting up a lot of plot threads for something major on the horizon. PB is talking about expanding her "Eternal Empire" and has recently come into the Spoon of Prosperity and her old amulet, two very powerful artifacts. Magga the Skywitch is definitely planning something. The Lich is a loose cannon at the moment. The Lemon Erldom is becoming a tyrannical wasteland. The Slime Kingdom is getting militant. The Fire Kingdom is now ruled by a potentially unstable Fire Princess. And these goo monsters are now on the loose.

People are suggesting a war arc is coming. It seemed far-fetched a while ago......

XanatosForever
On a more shallow tangent, it was interesting to hear Brak again. haermm

At least, James sounded like Brak to me.

amiejacobs
I'm still starting to appreciate this cartoon. I think jake is a really interesting character.

no download

Nephthys
I love these 'PB is slightly crazy' episodes.

KingD19
I love that Tree Trunks is apparently an exhibitionist.

And her mom is hilarious.

XanatosForever
Wedding was cool.

Finn's new sword is ****ing amazing.

Rattleballs is OP.

KingD19
Well I guess if you were created as a highly dangerous lethal combatant and did nothing but train every day for 10 years, you'd be OP too, lol.

AsbestosFlaygon
CB cruised through Finn like a smooth Casanova lol

Nephthys
Wow, CB just schooled Finn. As a hero and a person.

Oneness
Courage the Cowardly Dog was everything Finn and Jake wishes it could be.

Better artwork too.

That's what I say, I know they have nothing to do with each other. Just my opinion.

That show aggravates me.

Nephthys
https://31.media.tumblr.com/7c8d9d74e3702a6f5998cf1a2194749f/tumblr_n1gz4sKFAy1rwpajto1_1280.jpg

https://31.media.tumblr.com/5daf876eba8fba659c2a06112bb04f9b/tumblr_n1gz4sKFAy1rwpajto2_1280.jpg

I see what you did thar.

Betty was pretty cool, but it really needed to be a two-parter imo.

XanatosForever
It doesn't surprise in the least to know that PB has suicide gum. Poor Johnny, though. sad

Nephthys
Sooooo........ Phlannel Boxingray was totally PB in disguise imo. He spoke german, mentioned treaties and I think he talked about inventions at some point. Him mentioning Zanoits is a dead giveaway, It was Peebs.

Lemonhope was kind of a big douche. I guess he is a lemon but he was still a selfish ass.

Those dreams were super surreal. I don't really get what they all mean but I think I'll read what other people thought.

I don't even wanna think about that last scene. PB's eternal empire..... sad

XanatosForever
Yeah, fairly obvious, though it worked well for what needed to be done.

He was the reluctant savior. Was pretty clear how that was going to turn out, and he at least did go back, even if it took that nudge.

I don't have the brain function to try and dissect each dreamscape right now, but over all it seemed like it Lemonhope was struggling with the trauma he faced as a prisoner in Lemon kingdom, and "guest" in the candy kingdom. Really drove his desire for freedom.

Damn, that tree got huge. The look of the abandoned candy metropolis as it seemed to turn out was an interesting parallel with the advancement of industrialization, I thought.

Also interesting how the lemon kingdom didn't really change over all that time, either.

Nephthys
E0cIn1HliTE

PB's beautiful Lemonhope song. Spoilers.

starryknight
Aw PB was super cute at the end, we need more of the old cute PB she's too war hungry she's like the Jaina Prroudmoore of Ooo. The ending scenes of the future made me sad, however, makes me wonder what could have happened and what are the ageless characters doing if they survived. Maybe Bonnibel gave up the kingdom to wander around with Marceline hehe. And we saw Finn reincarnate a few times, maybe he wouldn't be truly gone one thousand years later, SO MANY QUESTIONS WITH NO ANSWERS!!

Nephthys
ak4JDNfGAB4

Preview for the next episode. Careful, theres a jump scare 19 seconds in.

XanatosForever
If nothing else can be said about this series, it's certainly maturing with age. Not that it hasn't always had some pretty mortifying concepts running through it, but they seem to be coming more to the forefront as time goes on.

Nephthys
I seriously wouldn't even classify it as a kids show anymore. Its obviously aimed at teens or college guys.

I've actually been kind of depressed about Lemonhope all day. Not even really about the ending, but about the concepts the episode brings up and the whole thing really. Just kinda bummed me out.

Also, rewatching some scenes, Lemonhope really was a dick. Like when he starts poking the owl and knocks its water over for kicks, then kicks a birds nest with eggs in it off some rocks. And then he completely didn't care about a village being on fire. His whole concept of freedom was just an excuse for selfishness. Rather telling is how great he thinks the pirate ship is that almost certainly just raided the village and set it on fire. And then after he's stranded he can't admit that freedom kind of bites when you have no one helping you. Throughout his life his freedom relied on other people, from PB and the lemon citizens helping him escape to Phlannel rescuing him (after which he still insists he's free, despite being completely reliant on Phlannel) and at the end he only beats Lemongrab because Lemongrab 2 and the other lemon citizens do most of the work.

And yet Lemonhope is still a selfish ass the whole way through.

XanatosForever
Well, he is a lemon. I think the only lemonkind that actually had a real heart was Lemonjon, and he made one hell of a sacrifice.

starryknight
I like how he was selfish even though I don't like Lemonhope. It shows a different kind of character that we haven't seen in Adventure Time, Finn is selfless most the times and always does what he thinks is right. Lemonhope saved his people to save himself in the end Lemongrab was defeated and the lemon people were free, regardless of Lemonhope being only about himself.

The Scenario
So I'm all caught up.

Seems like there is a lot more direct continuity between episodes now, Where before the connections were in the background and somewhat subtle, recently stuff has been getting really overt, with characters mentioning past events and quite a few things tying together. I kind of like it a bit more, though the downside is that with more continuity, you have to actually follow the episodes. I can't just skip around in any order anymore, ha.

Granted, I'm pretty sure sure this was already happening before the "Finn the Human" episodes but I just marathon'd 30 episodes back to back so I really started to notice it.

XanatosForever
Yeah, it's definitely taken a significantly linear progression over time, though they do still have the occasional non-sequitur. My hope is that those moments will be the building blocks to major events further down. Kind of like what Oda did with the early chapters of One Piece, showing old enemies as they progress outside of the main plot arc before being brought into the story again.

XanatosForever
So, Finn's dad is alive. Not sure what to think on that, but Canyon was pretty cool. Grass sword is still awesome.

The Scenario
I was slightly disappointed that they explained what Billy wanted to tell Finn. Or, at least, that it was done so soon. I feel like the more Adventure Time thing to do would have been to just leave it at "well, that's going to bother me forever" and then maybe tease it for a while. That he actually did find out in the same episode kind of undermines it in my opinion.

Granted it's an important piece of information and there are precious few ways to reveal it.

KingD19
There was absolutely no way they couldn't tell us. As it was the season finale it was the perfect moment to reveal it. Also as it was the finale, it allows for a build-up over the course of the next season. Instead of finding out part way through and having to hurry and get it done.

AsbestosFlaygon
Betty reminds me of Princess Bubblegum somehow.

Might be possible PB is some sort of amalgam of Betty and that pink goo that helped Simon and Marcy.
If that's the case, it sorta explains how IK is attracted to PB the most.

BloodRain
Season 6 started with one hell of an overload.. :l

XanatosForever
Holy **** did it ever. No more Prismo! D:

BloodRain
Martin, his arseholeness, old man/prismo, Lich, Lich's fate, the guardians.. Finn's ****ing arm..

Next ep being about James isn't suggesting that any sort of conclusions will be brought up yet.

Nephthys
OH HOLKY F*CK.

Good episode. O_O

XanatosForever
Originally posted by BloodRain
Martin, his arseholeness, old man/prismo, Lich, Lich's fate, the guardians.. Finn's ****ing arm..

Next ep being about James isn't suggesting that any sort of conclusions will be brought up yet.

James Baxter? I think we could all use a healthy dose of amazing horse right now.

BloodRain
James the candy guy PB made a clone of.

BloodRain
Theory. Minor, minor spoilers.

PB and Lich were involved in the Mushroom Bomb going off. There's the pink goo and the CN website saying she's half bubble gum, half human. Would explain the extreme scientific passion and the 'eternal kingdom' plan.

KingD19
Also she's super old. So she's been around for a looooong time. Even long enough for Finn's past life to have known her. Which seemed to be a few hundred years ago at least.

BloodRain
Imo Simon, Marcy, Lich and PB should be a thousand years old, same as the War. (And before the comet that blew a chunk in the Earth)

Nephthys
PB is 827 years old. She says so in one of the video games. Shes not as old as Simon or Marceline.

AsbestosFlaygon
So I take it LSP got first dibs on Finn. Eww.

Also, Finn got his arm back. Looks like he truly loves PB.

BloodRain
Probably the same as what he did with FP. Not too thrilled about its return, least not so soon.

Food chain was bizarre.. pretty cool one.

riv6672
I loved food chain. It's an example of what puts this show above its peers.

BloodRain
Interesting.

Battle of the ancients, Maja's plan begins, New sword, elephant cliffhanger, and most curiously is what the heck happened to Finn. Side note, enjoyed the literature quality in this, though not sure why.

R.I.P Rootbeer guy sad

XanatosForever
Kent needs to be a Champion in Battle Party, like now.

AsbestosFlaygon
Kent was badass.

Too bad he drank a Dewdrop of the Underworld.

XanatosForever
Kim Kil Whan is a perfect example of modern business practice. Jake's explanation of "history is written by the victors" was pretty good too.

AsbestosFlaygon
This week's episode is probably my favorite Season 6 episode so far.

It was nice how Jake explained the concept of laws in a subtle way.

Also, I loved how they showed Jake's carefree attitude and ignorance in contrast to KKW's businessman-like attitude.

My young nephew was laughing throughout the episode. He didn't even notice the deeper meanings.
It's unbelievable how the scriptwriters and the animators were able to mask the deeper parts with the funny elements.

This episode was just too real.

God, how I love this show.

XanatosForever
So many good new characters, even if their screen time will only net them the B-List. I'm kinda glad that all the wizardy-type folk that Finn and Jake have encountered over time have their own secret club now. I might've laughed a little too hard at that poor bus, though. haermm

KingD19
Giuseppe is the character that I loved/hated the most in that episode. And when I say hate, I don't mean I hate him as he's without a doubt one of the coolest things to ever come out of AT. What I hate is how they teased us with him, didn't tell us nearly enough, then he just POOF's.

Nephthys
So uh, Marceline openly walked around during the day for a large part of this episode.

Someone made a whoopsie.

Also I didn't really like it. Too much petty, irresponsible bullshit. I understand that was the point, but they nearly seriously hurt people multiple times and did hurt them moderately quite a bit.

Nephthys
So Marceline's voice actress just stated in an interview that Pen Ward said PB and Marcy used to date.

So that's cool.

KingD19
I'm glad that was finally confirmed. It's clear from the sexual tension that something went on or still is going on between them.

It's good that he's not afraid to push his show in far off weird directions(not that this is weird), but an actual lesbian couple in a cartoon? Gods yes.

Also, on the new episode. F*cking Pep Butts man.

XanatosForever
That's some heavy stuff, calling on Horus. Classic evil tactic from Peppermint Butler.

Anyone else think there's going to be an eventual confrontation between Candy Kingdom and Fire Kingdom? I'm sure Flame Princess hasn't forgiven Bubblegum for messing with her.

Nephthys
WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED! O_O

AsbestosFlaygon
Mind = BLOWN.

Btw, what the hell was that monster? Looks like it came from Hell or Nightosphere or some other dimension.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>