Which episode of The Clone Wars is your favorite and why?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lighter332
myself, I love the episode where Lord Sidious battles Maul and Savage.

was sad to see Savage die though. they could have done more with that character.

The_Tempest
That was a good one, it shows how much stronger, smarter, faster, more powerful and just plain ol' better Sidious is than everyone else.

But "Massacre" is the best one, IMHO. Competent!Grievous, sympathetic!Asajj, powerful!Talzin, vulnerable!Dooku, and victorious!Separatists.

Lighter332
that episode was a good one too.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by The_Tempest
That was a good one, it shows how much stronger, smarter, faster, more powerful and just plain ol' better Sidious is than everyone else.

But "Massacre" is the best one, IMHO. Competent!Grievous, sympathetic!Asajj, powerful!Talzin, vulnerable!Dooku, and victorious!Separatists. I think I hated that episode the most. Voodoo dolls and magic zombies; what horseshit.

"The Jedi Who Knew Too Much" is my favorite.

SIDIOUS 66

Yup.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
I think I hated that episode the most. Voodoo dolls and magic zombies; what horseshit.

Star Wars draws heavily on fantasy despite its scientific setting, so the presence of zombies and voodoo dolls don't bother me unduly.

Maybe if it wasn't confined to a specific world with specific characters, I'd agree.

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
"The Jedi Who Knew Too Much" is my favorite.

That was a pretty good episode, too, but not as entertaining. Well-written but boring is as bad as poorly-written but flashy.

-Pr-
Any episode that gives Obi-Wan credit. I've enjoyed most of season 5, though.

Vensai
Originally posted by -Pr-
Any episode that gives Obi-Wan credit. I've enjoyed most of season 5, though.

Yeah, he doesn't get much respect does he?

DARTH POWER
Yeah Revival was an awesome episode. Because they built up Maul and Opress to be these 2 powerful brutes and then just had Obi-Wan smack them both around.

Was a nice surprise. I think that was a more exciting fight and episode than the Sidious one tbh.

Lord Lucien
That was a pretty good episode, too, but not as entertaining. Well-written but boring is as bad as poorly-written but flashy. See I didn't find it boring. Decent mystery, genuine angst, good chase scene. They forwent another mindless action scene with no emotional weight or meaningful stakes and introduced some humanity. It was a well executed shift and I just wish they had allowed the whole series to develop in to season, or even series long arcs with a similar format.

The_Tempest

Lord Lucien
I'll admit I'm biased against Ventress. I've never liked her. I think it's her voice, it always sounded like she was trying to sound dangerous, or menacing, or threatening, or edgy, instead of actually just being that way. She always reminded me of a tertiary villain in a video game who will show up periodically as a mini-boss fight, get defeated, and beat a hasty retreat before declaring "We'll meet again, Spiderman Kenobi/Skywalker!" Simpering and annoying.

Grievous too. For a primarily cartoon franchise, that character is somehow too cartoony. Like the creators decided there wasn't a proper Snidely Whiplash in Star Wars so they better develop a retarded Russian cyborg with smoker's lung.

Any episode with either of those two in them automatically dips in appreciation for me.

The_Tempest
Fair enough.

But that's why I enjoyed "Massacre" so much; Grievous and especially Ventress were portrayed differently from how they usually are.

"The Lawless" might have taken the top spot if Sidious's presence didn't comically overshadow everything else.

Lord Lucien
I had been hoping for more dialogue between him and the brothers instead of jumping straight to fight, fight fight fight, fight fight, fight fight. Though they gutted a pretty young blonde chick right in front of her boyfriend so that was a huge plus.

The_Tempest
Sidious asking him how he survived, mayhaps?

-Pr-
Originally posted by Vensai
Yeah, he doesn't get much respect does he?

He's the guy they make look bad so that Anakin can look good.

The more time they spend apart, the more Kenobi benefits.

Vensai
He's the guy they make look bad so that Anakin can look good.

The more time they spend apart, the more Kenobi benefits.
Don't forget how they look Kenobi look bad so Ahsoka can look good. I cannot see how Grievous, who has gone against Jedi Council members, was held off by Ahsoka, for example.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Vensai
Don't forget how they look Kenobi look bad so Ahsoka can look good. I cannot see how Grievous, who has gone against Jedi Council members, was held off by Ahsoka, for example.

That too. He's like Thor in an Avengers book. He's uber when he's alone, but when the Hulk is around, someone needs to be Worfed to make hulk's victory look impressive.

bluehouse
I like all episode of it, it is really interesting.

DARTH POWER
That too. He's like Thor in an Avengers book. He's uber when he's alone, but when the Hulk is around, someone needs to be Worfed to make hulk's victory look impressive.

It's annoying whenever Thor goes up against Hulk they will have them punch it out for Hulk to look superior.

Same thing happened in the movie. Though I forgive them for that as it was a really good scene and people should be able to guess Thor won't go all out with his powers in that context.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.