"Lady Sif saved Odins life from Thanos."

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheLordofMurder
A particular poster here has gone on record as stating that in Warlock and the Infinity Watch #25, Lady Sif's arrival was the only thing that saved Odin from being killed by Thanos...

So lets put it a vote...

Was Odin in danger of being killed by Thanos during their famous battle?

zopzop
Lady Sif felt pity for that poor geriatric Odin and jumped in to stop the fight from escalating so he wouldn't suffer a heart attack or stroke.

Bless her heart.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by zopzop
Lady Sif felt pity for that poor geriatric Odin and jumped in to stop the fight from escalating so he wouldn't suffer a heart attack or stroke.

Bless her heart.

Too funny zop! smile

laughing out loud

Rage.Of.Olympus
Odin is after all an old man. As Thor pointed out, he's far from the young and great warrior he used to be in his prime.

Thanos was getting spanked by a Senior citizen.

SevenShackles
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Odin is after all an old man. As Thor pointed out, he's far from the young and great warrior he used to be in his prime.

thumb up

the Darkone

Senior citizen on cosmic steroids!!

zopzop
Originally posted by the Darkone
Senior citizen on cosmic steroids!!
And extra strength DEPENDS. That was what got Odin through that match with Thanos before he soiled himself.

And people said Odin wasn't amping!

TheGodKiller
Another nakedly obvious bait thread from you.

Btw, I voted the first option. Cheers. cheers

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
Another nakedly obvious bait thread from you.

Btw, I voted the first option. Cheers. cheers

Well Quanchi did say that exact quote in the OP; you reap what you sow...

JakeTheBank
lol

The Odin/Thanos thing is still being "debated"?

abhilegend
Hey jake, welcome back bro. Where were you for last three months?

JakeTheBank
Hey, abhi, how's it going? Either at work or at home, albeit with sporadic internet access at best. But I got back into comics during that time and caught up with Marvel NOW and the New 52 stuff I happen to like.

Tar-Antado
No, all Sif did was save Asgard from destruction.

abhilegend
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Hey, abhi, how's it going? Either at work or at home, albeit with sporadic internet access at best. But I got back into comics during that time and caught up with Marvel NOW and the New 52 stuff I happen to like.
Its alright atm. Anyway welcome back.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Tar-Antado
No, all Sif did was save Asgard from destruction.

Not according to Quanchi; according to him, Odin just about finished until Sif showed up and rescued him from the full fury of Thanos of Titan...

TheLordofMurder
@Quanchi

Come on...tell the truth!

Thanos had been absolutely punishing Odin all issue long...hadnt he?

Then Sif showed up, got down on her knees, grabbed Thanos's leg, and BEGGED him to spare Odins life...isnt that what happened!?

laughing out loud

Happy Dance

golem370
I often wondered if Odin being in Asgard is like a Demon like Mephisto being in his hell realm nearly omnipotent since I would assume he draws power from the other Asgardians and Asgard itself. Thanos is not a child the website that focused on Thanos said he might be 25,000 years old and that it was stated that he spent 80 years in the worst places in the universe learning to fight. I don't think Thanos being dropped by Odin meant he was going to lose because as people stated Thanos when fighting Tyrant went in and fought Tyrant long enough to get info and the orb and then left, because he knew he couldn't win which means to me that he didn't feel the same fighting against Odin.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by golem370
I often wondered if Odin being in Asgard is like a Demon like Mephisto being in his hell realm nearly omnipotent since I would assume he draws power from the other Asgardians and Asgard itself. Thanos is not a child the website that focused on Thanos said he might be 25,000 years old and that it was stated that he spent 80 years in the worst places in the universe learning to fight. I don't think Thanos being dropped by Odin meant he was going to lose because as people stated Thanos when fighting Tyrant went in and fought Tyrant long enough to get info and the orb and then left, because he knew he couldn't win which means to me that he didn't feel the same fighting against Odin.

The pertinent question, as pertains the thread, however is was Odins life in danger? Did Sif save Odins life from Thanos...

golem370
No way of knowing since the fight didn't continue.

Rage.Of.Olympus

Odin can tap into both Asgard and her people to augment his power significantly, as they are both large sources of Odin Force.

He didn't do so against Thanos in their fight. Odin can also assume a larger form, where his size and power is increased noticeably. Kind of like his Super Saiyan mode.

I think the idea that Thanos could have won that fight is ridiculous. He had given his best against Odin, and while impressive, he was getting beat up. Odin on the other hand gave Thanos only a taste of the power he could unleash.

Perhaps, maybe, Thanos could have won, but unless he was hiding a Cosmic Cube under his coat, I don't see how it would be possible. Later on it was further highlighted how far above Thanos the All Father was, and not in just respects to physical might. I'm referring to his mental struggle with Thor's soul where it was indicated that Odin was on a level completely beyond Thanos.

golem370
I don't think he was far beyond Thanos or the fight it would have been over as soon as it started

TheLordofMurder
I don't think he was far beyond Thanos or the fight it would have been over as soon as it started

I think you've been infected with Quanchi's logic virus...

h1a8
I don't think he was far beyond Thanos or the fight it would have been over as soon as it started But Thanos couldn't even make Odin feel him (literally). How can someone beat someone if you can't even affect them in the slightest? Odin could have lied down and went to sleep and let Thanos do his worst. Odin would have woke up without a scratch in that comic.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by h1a8
But Thanos couldn't even make Odin feel him (literally). How can someone beat someone if you can't even affect them in the slightest? Odin could have lied down and went to sleep and let Thanos do his worst. Odin would have woke up without a scratch in that comic.

thumb up

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Well Quanchi did say that exact quote in the OP; you reap what you sow...
Just go ahead and post that "Even Thanos is someone's *****!" scan already.

h1a8
Off subject question:

What does "herald my rage" mean exactly?

TheGodKiller
If you've ever read a comic, then you'd know what it means. As it stands, you haven't, and I am not going to spoon feed you here.

TheLordofMurder
Just go ahead and post that "Even Thanos is someone's *****!" scan already.

That can only be posted when the time is right; it isnt right at the moment...

wink

Rao Kal El
LOL Did He really say that?

h1a8
If you've ever read a comic, then you'd know what it means. As it stands, you haven't, and I am not going to spoon feed you here. I have read annihilation. I have it in front of me now. If you don't want to tell me then don't respond.

I just don't understand what Galactus meant when he sent the annihilation wave throughout the galaxy.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Rao Kal El
LOL Did He really say that?

Yeah...he really did...he even admits it in the ongoing thread on Odin vs Tyrant.

He knows its a garbage idiotic statement that he cant defend (he just said it out of fanboyism), so thats why he's advoiding this thread like the plague...

Sin I AM
Originally posted by h1a8
I have read annihilation. I have it in front of me now. If you don't want to tell me then don't respond.

I just don't understand what Galactus meant when he sent the annihilation wave throughout the galaxy.

its like a bravado statement.....sorta like have at thee...or its clobbering time, he wanted norrin to herald his wrath

-Pr-

thumb up

carver9
It was a high showing that Odin did so well against Thanos. smile

JakeTheBank
Anyone who thinks Thanos had a shot of winning that fight is deluded.

Compare how Thanos did against Odin with the likes of Surtur, Mangog, The Dark Gods, the Enchanters, etc. Those people actually had Odin on the ropes or even beat him. Thanos did no such thing nor came close to doing such a thing. The only, and literally ONLY, reason one could think Thanos had a shot if you take Odin's comment about Thanos being a worthy foe and having energy sources similar to his own at 100% face value and ignore how Odin dominated that fight and toss out all of Odin's other battles against beings who actually hurt him and could have bested him.

-Pr-

Compare how Thanos did against Odin with the likes of Surtur, Mangog, The Dark Gods, the Enchanters, etc. Those people actually had Odin on the ropes or even beat him. Thanos did no such thing nor came close to doing such a thing. The only, and literally ONLY, reason one could think Thanos had a shot if you take Odin's comment about Thanos being a worthy foe and having energy sources similar to his own at 100% face value and ignore how Odin dominated that fight and toss out all of Odin's other battles against beings who actually hurt him and could have bested him.

Welcome to KMC.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by -Pr-
Welcome to KMC.

Infinitely better than Facebook, though lol

-Pr-
laughing out loud

not saying much.

Rao Kal El
Yeah...he really did...he even admits it in the ongoing thread on Odin vs Tyrant.

He knows its a garbage idiotic statement that he cant defend (he just said it out of fanboyism), so thats why he's advoiding this thread like the plague...

laughing out loud That guy!

Rage.Of.Olympus
What I never understood is why people use that fight as the ultimate bench-mark. Yes, Thanos is probably never going to do any better against Odin, but Odin? I'd like to see Thanos challenge Odin when he's written under Lee, DeFalco or even Jurgen levels of power. The fight would go a lot worse for the Titan, if you'd call it that; I'm betting on him being just dismissed.

leonidas
What I never understood is why people use that fight as the ultimate bench-mark. Yes, Thanos is probably never going to do any better against Odin, but Odin? I'd like to see Thanos challenge Odin when he's written under Lee, DeFalco or even Jurgen levels of power. The fight would go a lot worse for the Titan, if you'd call it that; I'm betting on him being just dismissed.

i wonder how fraction would have seen that fight....

vince_slice
Originally posted by leonidas
i wonder how fraction would have seen that fight....
Headbutts left and right.

TheGodKiller

Technically speaking Thanos won that fight. A mod agreed with this interpretation of the outcome of that fight. So there.

Happy Dance

JakeTheBank
Technically speaking Thanos won that fight. A mod agreed with this interpretation of the outcome of that fight. So there.

Happy Dance

Haven't been on KMC for a while, so not sure if trolling or if serious.

TheLordofMurder

Happy Dance

laughing out loud

Do I detect Quan's logical virus at work once again?

Happy Dance

TheGodKiller
Haven't been on KMC for a while, so not sure if trolling or if serious.
Digi agreed with this interpretation of the fight's outcome.

I don't really understand what's trollish about this anyways. The fact that this is being put forth before a Thor fan, or the dancing banana at the end.

In the final fight of the movie Blood and Bone, Bone dominates the fighter Price in throughout their match, but ends up tapping out even as he's about to win.

Odin dominated the fight against Thanos throughout every minute of the fight, yet it was Odin who called a stop to it, so technically speaking Thanos won via forfeit.

TheGodKiller
laughing out loud

Do I detect Quan's logical virus at work once again?

Happy Dance
Originally posted by Branlor Swift

Quan is in all of us, even the haters.

thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.