Pure lifting strength Thanos V Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Male Model
Which one of these strong guys has the greater pure lifting strength?

Rao Kal El
Thanos.......... lifting Quan's ego laughing

Male Model
Originally posted by Rao Kal El
Thanos.......... lifting Quan's ego laughing

I am unfamiliar with this feat.. Scans or it didn't happen!

Rao Kal El
Ask anyone in here Quan's ego is huge. and I am just messing with you.

Superman has the better feats.

Male Model
Originally posted by Rao Kal El
Ask anyone in here Quan's ego is huge.

Ahh, I see, Quan is a member and that was a joke. Very good, I do not know who Quan is. :-(

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Male Model
Ahh, I see, Quan is a member and that was a joke. Very good, I do not know who Quan is. :-(

Don't feel bad for missing 78050 "Thanos wins" posts. It gets boring after the first dozen.

Male Model
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Don't feel bad for missing 78050 "Thanos wins" posts. It gets boring after the first dozen.

Haha, I won't and thanks for the heads up!

bbrem123
stupid bait thread....

carver9
Bait thread and why does Thanos need to lift anything? That's like asking, who's stronger, Superman or Doomsday.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by carver9
Bait thread and why does Thanos need to lift anything? That's like asking, who's stronger, Superman or Doomsday. I remember you demanding feats from Supes lifting stuff without flying because you argued Hulk was stronger.

carver9
Originally posted by Parmaniac
I remember you demanding feats from Supes lifting stuff without flying because you argued Hulk was stronger.

That's different. Both Hulk and Superman are heroes so finding fts of them lifting shouldn't be that hard.

Rao Kal El
^He just loves Superman and pain unconsciously, his sig is a give away.

You can tell who is the man on that relation

TheLordofMurder
There are many Mid to High Heralds (especially Supes and Thor) that have superior lifting feats to Thanos...

As a matter of fact (based solely on feats) Thanos is inferior to Thor, Supes, and Surfer...

bbrem123
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
There are many Mid to High Heralds (especially Supes and Thor) that have superior lifting feats to Thanos...

As a matter of fact (based solely on feats) Thanos is inferior to Thor, Supes, and Surfer...

That would be terrible logic tho

h1a8
Judging by punching power and grappling power Thanos should be around Superman's strength level. I would say Superman edges him slightly in lifting power or they are equals.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by bbrem123
That would be terrible logic tho

Of course; feats arent everything and Thanos is portrayed as being superior to Heralds...

But once again, if all we are looking at are feats (which this thread clearly calls for), then Thanos is nothing more than a High Meta to a Low Herald...

D-Block
Based on punching Power Thanos Supes don't mandhandle High Heralds as easy as Thanos has. I don't know of any lifting feats Thanos has.

JakeTheBank
Superman, obviously.

Of course, feats outside of combat don't mean as much as comparisons to other characters and battles, but they do have their place in the grand scheme of things. Darkseid and Helspont both looked superior to Superman in the New 52, but I doubt either of them could or will have a Earth bench pressing lulzor feat anytime soon.

carver9
Next thread, who's stronger based off lifting fts, H'el or Thing.

Diesldude
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Superman, obviously.

Of course, feats outside of combat don't mean as much as comparisons to other characters and battles, but they do have their place in the grand scheme of things. Darkseid and Helspont both looked superior to Superman in the New 52, but I doubt either of them could or will have a Earth bench pressing lulzor feat anytime soon. helspont just proved that he has enough to overcome superman's durability. Beating up someone doesn't prove that they are stronger. MMA fighters aren't the strongest me n in the world. Also fighting a person doesn't automatically put you in their class. The thing and the hulk have fought millions of times but no one would say that they are peers.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Diesldude
helspont just proved that he has enough to overcome superman's durability. Beating up someone doesn't prove that they are stronger. MMA fighters aren't the strongest me n in the world. Also fighting a person doesn't automatically put you in their class. The thing and the hulk have fought millions of times but no one would say that they are peers.

Casually doing so while being strongly implied to be holding back certainly suggests that. True, strength =/= durability in comics, but upon reading that issue it's very hard to get to any other implication than the one that Helspont is, at least for now, at the very least a peer to Superman if not superior to him as a whole.

carver9
Casually doing so while being strongly implied to be holding back certainly suggests that. True, strength =/= durability in comics, but upon reading that issue it's very hard to get to any other implication than the one that Helspont is, at least for now, at the very least a peer to Superman if not superior to him as a whole.

Pretty much.

Diesldude
Casually doing so while being strongly implied to be holding back certainly suggests that. True, strength =/= durability in comics, but upon reading that issue it's very hard to get to any other implication than the one that Helspont is, at least for now, at the very least a peer to Superman if not superior to him as a whole. honestly, we are putting way too much on their brief encounter. That was a superman who wasn't aware of his limits nor as experienced. Helspont on the other hand was familiar with kryptonians and I have no doubt he used that knowledge to his advantage. But like you said, a causing a concussion by a casual back hand does speak volumes. I'll hold off on my judgment until they meet again.

JakeTheBank
honestly, we are putting way too much on their brief encounter. That was a superman who wasn't aware of his limits nor as experienced. Helspont on the other hand was familiar with kryptonians and I have no doubt he used that knowledge to his advantage. But like you said, a causing a concussion by a casual back hand does speak volumes. I'll hold off on my judgment until they meet again.

Fair enough.

carver9
They fought twice correct. Both times Superman lost. It's pretty obvious what that tells us.

emporerpants
Actually...they fought twice and the 1st time helspont ran away, he didn't beat supes. The second time he won and revealed he was testing supes the 1st time. Smelled a bit like a really quick ret-con to me, but regardless, he still punked supes the 2nd time.

Supes's world lifting feat was a direct result of him getting that beat down. It was him training to push himself in order to be able to beat hel'spont. Who knows how it will go down next time they meet. I have a feeling though that supes will do much better the next time they meet.

Stoic
Originally posted by h1a8
Judging by punching power and grappling power Thanos should be around Superman's strength level. I would say Superman edges him slightly in lifting power or they are equals.

Good answer, but when I look at what Helspont did to Superman in one move, I have a difficult time believing that Superman is as strong in body as Thanos, because that hit would have made Thanos smile.

dmills
honestly, we are putting way too much on their brief encounter. That was a superman who wasn't aware of his limits nor as experienced. Helspont on the other hand was familiar with kryptonians and I have no doubt he used that knowledge to his advantage. But like you said, a causing a concussion by a casual back hand does speak volumes. I'll hold off on my judgment until they meet again.

So just out of curiosity, let's say that they have that same confrontation but the roles were reversed and it was Superman slapping Helspont out into oblivion. Would Helspont be afforded the same luxury of

???

-Pr-
Superman.

Badabing
Originally posted by carver9
They fought twice correct. Both times Superman lost. It's pretty obvious what that tells us. Carver, you know Pr is off the booze and meds. I can only do so much to shield you from his wrath! osheet

-Pr-
It's not my fault Carver is bringing up something that in no way applies to this fight.

h1a8
Originally posted by Stoic
Good answer, but when I look at what Helspont did to Superman in one move, I have a difficult time believing that Superman is as strong in body as Thanos, because that hit would have made Thanos smile. Thanos isn't very durable to blunt hits (high herald level only). He is very durable to blasts though.

Also durability =/= strength. And are you talking about DCNU Superman? My argument is Pre Superman.

leonidas
man, close a thread with tons of great history and leave this one open?? if we're this is going to turn into thanos v superman (and everyone knows it will...) you guys should have left the classic open.
sad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.