Goomoonryong vs Iron Fist (Classic)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
By classic, I mean until his "death" in Power Man and Iron Fist in the 1980's.

Goomoonryong is the nine arts dragon of "The Breaker", a manhwa, or Korean comic book. Technically, it's not a manga, and few, if any, manhwa's ever get made into animes (Because Japan doesn't exactly like Korea, and won't even let Japanese with Korean blood hold certain jobs or office..)

I guess an argument can be made that it has more in common with manga than western comic books, but I post here most, so wanted to see what the comic book crowd thinks of this fight..

Who wins?

did ya get a permit to make this thread? anyway, 9AD would utterly crush both classic and current iron fists, even without resorting to BOT.

TB has grown to suck balls for the last few months

cdtm
Originally posted by 753
did ya get a permit to make this thread? anyway, 9AD would utterly crush both classic and current iron fists, even without resorting to BOT.

TB has grown to suck balls for the last few months

Wasn't sure if I needed permission, since the rules basically specify "comics here, unless it's manga which has it's own board", and a korean comic is still a comic. smile

There ARE key differences between the two, and manhwa shares some things with western comics that manga does not.

Comparison of manga to manhwa.

SquallX
Don't read Iron Fist, but i know about Goomoonryong skills. With a proper list i can try to debate in favor of Goomoonryong.

cdtm
Originally posted by SquallX
Don't read Iron Fist, but i know about Goomoonryong skills. With a proper list i can try to debate in favor of Goomoonryong.

That covers a lot of ground, even before the 1990's, but his best feats are things like blocking/redirecting 50 flechette's from a comic book needlegun that can tear through steel, without taking a scratch (And without using his Iron Fist), destroying three or four humanoid robots that Luke Cage couldn't even dent with his best punch, and that could knock him out as a group, knocking out Luke Cage in one hit, taking on a character Steel Serpent after he proved he could hang with, and defeat, Spidey..

If you know anything about Spidey, basically he's comparable in speed and agility, but his IF puts him on a different level damage dealing wise.

Here's a respect thread, and if any scans don't work, just ask and I'll see about uploading them from my collection:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=6423976

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.