Cannonball, Plastic Man, Martian Manhunter vs Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.



golem370
This is a random battle with no bfr or mental attacks. Who wins?

Sin I AM
team stomps

Rage.Of.Olympus
Team should win on average unless Thor exploits weaknesses (Fire, cold etc.).

golem370
He wouldn't know the weakness

abhilegend
Plas solos.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by golem370
He wouldn't know the weakness

yes he would

Golgo13
Plastic Man can give Thor a good fight himself.

golem370
In a random encounter?

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Golgo13
Plastic Man can give Thor a good fight himself.


true.....qnd MM can split with him, guthrie is a non factor

golem370
Guthrie would be a good distraction and could harm him.

Rage.Of.Olympus
^John wouldn't split with Thor. Definitely not without any telepathy involved.

Plastic Man is tricky as I'm not sure how he'd handle Thor's lightning. Either it could absolutely end him with a hit (Like heat vision) or he'd shrug off all but the more powerful bolts. Plastic Man was a true heavy hitter under Waid. Ice, snow, hail, cold winds and all the other shit under Thor's purview would be bad news for him though.

Team should win though I think.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
^John wouldn't split with Thor. Definitely not without any telepathy involved.

Plastic Man is tricky as I'm not sure how he'd handle Thor's lightning. Either it could absolutely end him with a hit (Like heat vision) or he'd shrug off all but the more powerful bolts. Plastic Man was a true heavy hitter under Waid. Ice, snow, hail, cold winds and all the other shit under Thor's purview would be bad news for him though.

Team should win though I think.
John stewart would oneshot thor, nigga.
uhuh

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by abhilegend
John stewart would oneshot thor, nigga.
uhuh

John Stewart? He's not even in this thread. Did you confuse him with Martian Manhunter? That's racist bro.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
^John wouldn't split with Thor. Definitely not without any telepathy involved.

Plastic Man is tricky as I'm not sure how he'd handle Thor's lightning. Either it could absolutely end him with a hit (Like heat vision) or he'd shrug off all but the more powerful bolts. Plastic Man was a true heavy hitter under Waid. Ice, snow, hail, cold winds and all the other shit under Thor's purview would be bad news for him though.

Team should win though I think.


didnt see the no tp disclaimer.....stll he'd be hard-pressed against his shape-shifting, speed, and strength, mm is no slouch...but id give thor the strength edge. PM is deadly, with him backing jonn they stomp imo before thor goes exotic

Originally posted by golem370
Guthrie would be a good distraction and could harm him.

the mutie gets one-shot

golem370
I doubt it.

SevenShackles
Thor is not winning majority.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by golem370
I doubt it.


explain

golem370
He took Gladiator best hit and didn't have a scratch whether it was because of his force field or absorbing the kinetic energy or both I would say he would absorb Thor's physical attacks imo

753
Originally posted by Golgo13
Plastic Man can give Thor a good fight himself. no he cant, but mmh could and team wins solidly.

Golgo13
Originally posted by 753
no he cant, but mmh could and team wins solidly.

The one who gave Fernus a battle, plus his durability, I say yes.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
John Stewart? He's not even in this thread. Did you confuse him with Martian Manhunter? That's racist bro.
You're talking about John. J'onn would be manhunter. Thanks for ruining the joke btw.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by golem370
He took Gladiator best hit and didn't have a scratch whether it was because of his force field or absorbing the kinetic energy or both I would say he would absorb Thor's physical attacks imo

Gladiator is no Thor, plus Glads was scratch-less as well......Thor would own him

golem370
In brute force I would say Gladiator is every bit Thor

carver9
Gladiator was going to punch Guthrie so hard that it was going to send him to the core of the sun. Hell, the punch lit up the entire area the fight took place at. He tanked that attack (absorbed it and redirected the hit back at him). Sam is highly underestimated.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by carver9
Gladiator was going to punch Guthrie so hard that it was going to send him to the core of the sun. Hell, the punch lit up the entire area the fight took place at. He tanked that attack (absorbed it and redirected the hit back at him). Sam is highly underestimated.

gladiator was up the next panel....and it was more from shock than anything. thor is beyond him

zopzop
Originally posted by Sin I AM
gladiator was up the next panel....and it was more from shock than anything. thor is beyond him
Maybe, but Cannonball is no joke.

During the Secret Wars II tie in it took MULTIPLE heroes to overcome his blast field and KO him and that included Savage Hulk.

ColossusGrundy
Plas would solo Thor handily.

Others are overkill or just in the way

-Pr-
Originally posted by Sin I AM
yes he would

Why?

==

Also, I love how Cannonball is only underestimated when Gladiator isn't in the thread.

DTM
Cannonball and Plas are more distractions than actual main factors in a fight against Thor (Plas did well against Fernus due to him having an inorganic brain, meaning he was immune to Fernus' mental powers, which is how he defeated the rest of the JLA), but MM is a much closer match for Thor, so those additional distractions/minor threats could very well allow the team to overcome the Thunder God. No mental powers allowed for Jonn, this is a pretty close match.

753
Originally posted by Golgo13
The one who gave Fernus a battle, plus his durability, I say yes. he was immune to tp and had superior shapeshifiting. it was actually idiotic to think that was enough to beat fernus, but the plot required it.

anyway, PM is still vulnerable to heat and cold attacks, lacks the offensive power to put thor down outside of very creative (and somewhat out of character) use of power and can be BFRed

The Sorrow
Last time I checked MM was pretty badass in DCnU, though still seemingly a bit behind guys like Apollo, Atom and Clark. If MM doesn't job the team should take this but Thor fights valiantly before falling.

Badabing
Originally posted by golem370
This is a random battle with no bfr or mental attacks. Who wins? It's like people don't even read the OP. facepalm

I also love how pro *insert character/company name* are always screamimg weaness exploit, but then when it's reversed on them it's out of character. This sort of "debating" is getting old. I think it's time to start cracking down on it...mmm

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
John Stewart? He's not even in this thread. Did you confuse him with Martian Manhunter? That's racist bro.
Rofl.. It is.

laughing

guy222
seems thor needs some help

Golgo13
Originally posted by 753
he was immune to tp and had superior shapeshifiting. it was actually idiotic to think that was enough to beat fernus, but the plot required it.

anyway, PM is still vulnerable to heat and cold attacks, lacks the offensive power to put thor down outside of very creative (and somewhat out of character) use of power and can be BFRed

I thought PM became more durable to heat and cold later, right before the reboot?

Sin I AM
Originally posted by -Pr-
Why?

==

Also, I love how Cannonball is only underestimated when Gladiator isn't in the thread.

who is underestimating him? he had ONE good showing since his appearance. thatdoesn't make him a threat, given his average and people keep forgettingglass was right back up.

Thor one shots him

Sin I AM
Originally posted by zopzop
Maybe, but Cannonball is no joke.

During the Secret Wars II tie in it took MULTIPLE heroes to overcome his blast field and KO him and that included Savage Hulk.

news to me

abhilegend
Namor has also oneshotted him.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Sin I AM
who is underestimating him? he had ONE good showing since his appearance. thatdoesn't make him a threat, given his average and people keep forgettingglass was right back up.

Thor one shots him

The sarcasm in my post wasn't obvious?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.