Circe vs. Morgan Le Fay

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sixth_Winged
Two of the most powerful sorceress duke it out.

Circe is pre new 52.

1. no prep
2. 1 month prep

Konton
Circe in both.

beatboks
this should actually be a good battle. I'm going to have to think about it. I will say we have to exclude IMO Circe's showings in War of the gods they were way above norm.

Konton
With prep she really has a hefty advantage, what with her history of messing things up for everybody when she has a plan and a few crazy artifacts.

Probably wins straight up too.

Q99
Originally posted by beatboks
this should actually be a good battle. I'm going to have to think about it. I will say we have to exclude IMO Circe's showings in War of the gods they were way above norm.

Circe's got quite a few impressive showings. Post-IC, she stole the power of most of the gods. Phil Jimenez's run, turned most of the male heroes into animals.

JakeTheBank
Morgan Le Fay's got impressive prep and non-prep feats as well.

Q99
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Morgan Le Fay's got impressive prep and non-prep feats as well.

Well, I'm less familiar with her. Examples?

guy222
morgan le fay ftw

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Q99
Well, I'm less familiar with her. Examples?

Prep wise, she took over the Earth thanks to the Twilight Sword and made mind slaves out of the Avengers and was really only stopped due to Scarlet Witch and her chaos magic plot device/deus ex machina powers.

In terms of a direct battle, she was more than a match for the Dark Avengers and Doom.

Q99
Prep wise, she took over the Earth thanks to the Twilight Sword and made mind slaves out of the Avengers and was really only stopped due to Scarlet Witch and her chaos magic plot device/deus ex machina powers.

Still, that's with the Twilight Sword, a majorly powerful artifact. Circe didn't need a power boost to do her stuff.

It's not like the DA aside from Sentry are much threat- Circe could certainly beat the majority of the DA team with purely her physical powers.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Q99
Still, that's with the Twilight Sword, a majorly powerful artifact. Circe didn't need a power boost to do her stuff.

It's not like the DA aside from Sentry are much threat- Circe could certainly beat the majority of the DA team with purely her physical powers.

Circe, as she's typically been portrayed as, isn't powerful enough on her own to take over the world, remold it into a Medieval setting, and mentally enslave virtually every single Avenger.

Morgan one shot killed Sentry before he revived himself. And even came back from death herself due to time travel magics.

Golgo13
Circe.

Q99
Circe, as she's typically been portrayed as, isn't powerful enough on her own to take over the world, remold it into a Medieval setting, and mentally enslave virtually every single Avenger.

But Morgan isn't without the Twilight sword either, is she? I mean, that's a massively powerful artifact, it'd be like giving the Circe the Spear of Destiny.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Q99
But Morgan isn't without the Twilight sword either, is she? I mean, that's a massively powerful artifact, it'd be like giving the Circe the Spear of Destiny.

Right, which is my point.

In a prep confrontation, both people can and likely will seek out artifacts to help them win.

Q99
Right, which is my point.

In a prep confrontation, both people can and likely will seek out artifacts to help them win.

There's 'prep' and then there's 'gets artifacts who's power dwarfs their own, and who they normally can't get even with a month.'

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Q99
There's 'prep' and then there's 'gets artifacts who's power dwarfs their own, and who they normally can't get even with a month.'

Which is entirely valid for "prep", especially if it's in character for said being. She's used Norn Stones and other relics before to augment her already formidable sorcery.

Golgo13
Just depends on who brings the biggest guns in the fight. wink

Q99
What's the best Morgan has done *without* getting ahold of some other uber artifact?

If her best feats all rely on getting some other artifact, then I'd bet on Circe, who's done impressive stuff under just her own power.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.