Supergirl/Superboy vs Surfer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Supergirl and Superboy, Pre reboot versions.

vs

Surfer

Stoic
Surfer.

a88378438
supergirl solos

zeel
Originally posted by a88378438
supergirl solos

not possible surfer is designed to defeat kryptonians. Superman would be hard pressed to beat this dude. As far as the team goes they loses. Surfer would know everything about them before they had a chance to do anything.

JakeTheBank
Kara's not soloing. erm

Diesldude
How close was Superboy coming close to his Black Zero potential before the reboot.

That's probably why he had one of the best showings against sbp even-though he ended up dying.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by zeel
not possible surfer is designed to defeat kryptonians.

thumb up

The Silver Surfer (especially if he's serious about winning and is not attempting to talk to them) is a Kryptonians worse nightmare...

a88378438
Originally posted by zeel
not possible surfer is designed to defeat kryptonians. Superman would be hard pressed to beat this dude. As far as the team goes they loses. Surfer would know everything about them before they had a chance to do anything.
superman beat ss though

JakeTheBank
Personally, I don't subscribe to the idea that Surfer is going to start red solar energy blasting and Kryptonite synthesizing against Kryptonians, even with his Cosmic Awareness and even given that often cited scan with Gladiator. And even if he did, comics show us that red solar energy/Kryptonite doesn't translate into auto-win against a Kryptonian.

That said, Surfer doesn't need to weakness exploit in order to prove to be a challenge for a Kryptonian. He's already overtly powerful enough without having to resort to such tactics.

TheLordofMurder
superman beat ss though

Nay...

A serious Surfer could defeat Supes without much of a problem; weakness divination (via Cosmic Awareness) plus Red Sun radiation for the win...

The Surfer is a terrible matchup for any Kryptonian...and includes Superman.

a88378438
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Nay...

A serious Surfer could defeat Supes without much of a problem; weakness divination (via Cosmic Awareness) plus Red Sun radiation for the win...

SS beat superman!?are you trying to start a rumble!?

-Pr-
Surfer isn't built to beat Kryptonians.

That said, he wins.

abhilegend
Team.

abhilegend
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Nay...

Superman is a bad match up for anybody if we're going by those OOC tactics.

Naija boy
Surfer wins

a88378438
Originally posted by abhilegend
too many superman hater

curryman

It's not like Surfer can detect energy or anything like that.

It would be so crazy OOC to do stuff that he's clearly threatened someone with.

quanchi112
Surfer wins.

abhilegend
Originally posted by curryman
It's not like Surfer can detect energy or anything like that.

It would be so crazy OOC to do stuff that he's clearly threatened someone with.
Detecting energy and detecting and creating weakness via CA are two different things. Surfer may try to drain superman a few times in a fight. Trying to argue that he creates kryptonite/red sunlight is like arguing superman sings him out of existence/uses T-vo and these are the thing he has actually done and not things marvel internet warriors pull out of their asses. Its like given that Superman would *ALWAYS* lose to surfer on forums by default. Its just stupid and doesn't matches with any kind of portrayal in comics of either character.

Mindship
Its like given that Superman would *ALWAYS* lose to surfer on forums by default. It's just stupid and doesn't match with any kind of portrayal in comics of either character. Basically I agree.

Sh3nG L0nG
I doubt surfer could drain both before they speed blitz him. Team wins.

JayDaDon
superman beat ss though

lol scans?

JayDaDon
Originally posted by -Pr-
Surfer isn't built to beat Kryptonians.

That said, he wins.

thumb up

Ambient
Surfer wins..

curryman
Hurr durr I'm Abhi supaman can't lose!

Detecting energy and detecting and creating weakness via CA are two different things.

You're not listening, at all.

I'll pick apart your argument nonetheless.

Detecting energy and detecting and creating weakness via CA are two different things.

It's not CA, Surfer perceives things differently than what we do. He doesn't actively have to try and tell that Superman runs on yellow sunlight or see that Hulk runs on Gamma. You also make it seem like CA takes time, most of it is innate.

. Trying to argue that he creates kryptonite/red sunlight is like arguing superman sings him out of existence/uses T-vo and these are the thing he has actually done and not things marvel internet warriors pull out of their asses.

How is exploiting a weakness which we've seen on panel that Surfer can detect without problem the same as Superman pulling powers out of his ass?

Better yet how is T-Vo, a legit power (unlike sudden string theory vibrating) relevant in this fight? Superman's not in here. I know you see the word super and pictures of Superman's strong chin and darken hair immediately clouds your vision but he's not in this thread. Why not save your pitiful internet DC warrior rage for some of other 5000 threads he's in?

laughing

Its like given that Superman would *ALWAYS* lose to surfer on forums by default. Its just stupid and doesn't matches with any kind of portrayal in comics of either character.

Now you're getting onto what I actually wanted to point out. Of course it's in Surfer's character to use someone's weakness. He's connected to the fabric of the universe, he's someone who fights using more energy manipulation that physical stuff and he doesn't like fighting.

There's also on-panel evidence of him being able to detect the kind of kryptonite weakness that these two have.

I'm not sure why you're getting your panties in a bunch over this by the way. From what I've seen nobody ever, ever ends up with that kind of theorycrafting here. Hulk's still pulling wins against people with energy-manipulation eek!

But for some reason you seem to think that Surfer doing something he's mentioned that he can do, and something that's COMPLETELY in line with his character is the same as people making up crazy strategies and stuff.

Also, Surfer pisses on these two.

abhilegend
Originally posted by curryman
Hurr durr I'm Abhi supaman can't lose! LOLWUT? You really want to do this?

Lulz.

Better posters than you have tried. Give it a rest.

I never said that. Pay attention next time. Its innate in nature, it doesn't automatically tells the weaknesses of opponents. Give me *ONE* example of surfer using CA in such a fashion. Shouldn't be hard for such an avid reader like you.

I hope you're not talking about Surfer/Gladiator scene. I hope for your sake.

I was just giving an example to another poster when you butted in. I am not talking about this fight atm. Are you finished? That was quite frankly stupid.

How many surfer comics have you read? Honestly? He fights by blasting and going h2h in 90% of his fights. This fanfic version of surfer doesn't exist.

There isn't. The rule that alternate reality synthetic kryptonite doesn't affect kryptonians is canon though and has been ruled out by a mod.

Who said that anyway? I'm just amused and sometimes frustrated by marvel fanboys at it. Because unlike this fanfiction version of hulk who goes down to any energy manipulator, comic hulk does have resistance to that type of tactic. You wouldn't know that however.

Lulz. Reading scans from respect threads wouldn't help you. You should try reading some surfer comics.

In his dreams, perhaps. In actual comics, he's too busy losing to that puny god.

-Pr-
For the love of god, fix those tags please.

Also, people, no bashing.

TheHulk
Surfer wins

But he ain't design to beat Kryptonians...yes his powers are very effective and the perfect counter to a Kryptonians powers but that does not mean he was "design" to beat one..

TheHulk
LOLWUT? You really want to do this?

Lulz.

Better posters than you have tried. Give it a rest.

I never said that. Pay attention next time. Its innate in nature, it doesn't automatically tells the weaknesses of opponents. Give me *ONE* example of surfer using CA in such a fashion. Shouldn't be hard for such an avid reader like you.

I hope you're not talking about Surfer/Gladiator scene. I hope for your sake.

I was just giving an example to another poster when you butted in. I am not talking about this fight atm. Are you finished? That was quite frankly stupid.

How many surfer comics have you read? Honestly? He fights by blasting and going h2h in 90% of his fights. This fanfic version of surfer doesn't exist.

There isn't. The rule that alternate reality synthetic kryptonite doesn't affect kryptonians is canon though and has been ruled out by a mod.

Who said that anyway? I'm just amused and sometimes frustrated by marvel fanboys at it. Because unlike this fanfiction version of hulk who goes down to any energy manipulator, comic hulk does have resistance to that type of tactic. You wouldn't know that however.

Lulz. Reading scans from respect threads wouldn't help you. You should try reading some surfer comics.

In his dreams, perhaps. In actual comics, he's too busy losing to that puny god. This is something I like to call AhbiRage roll eyes (sarcastic)

JakeTheBank
lol KMC

curryman
That's too angry for me.

Perceiver1
The Surfer is a nightmare for Supermen/girls, I haven't heard a single rational explanation for why he isn't. The Surfer can grab the first one and transport into the heart of a red sun, ending it in seconds. Then come back for the next one.

-Pr-
You're confusing the character with the powerset, and assuming Surfer just knows stuff like this off the bat.

h1a8
Originally posted by Perceiver1
The Surfer is a nightmare for Supermen/girls, I haven't heard a single rational explanation for why he isn't. The Surfer can grab the first one and transport into the heart of a red sun, ending it in seconds. Then come back for the next one.

1. Surfer isn't allowed to leave the battlefield
2. Supermen are just as fast as Surfer in combat (probably faster).
3. Surfer is very weak to very powerful physical hits to the side of the face.

carver9
Can't remember the last time Surfer has been koed by brute strength since his upgrade.

Dampyre
Originally posted by carver9
Can't remember the last time Surfer has been koed by brute strength since his upgrade.

The myth of Surfer being weak to punches is just that, a myth.

JayDaDon
thumb up

Also lol Carver, is Hulk wearing a belt in your sig? laughing

-Pr-
Originally posted by carver9

Your point is?

JayDaDon
I think his point is, Surfer's durability has been damn high since the upgrade, so he's wondering WTF h1 is talking about when he says surfer is very weak to physical damage, like myself.

carver9
Originally posted by JayDaDon
I think his point is, Surfer's durability has been damn high since the upgrade, so he's wondering WTF h1 is talking about when he says surfer is very weak to physical damage, like myself.

This.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.