GreenGoblin and HobGoblin go hunting in DC

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SevenShackles
http://blog.newsarama.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Phil-Hobgoblin-3.jpg
http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii265/scanscans/img013.jpg

The green goblin and HobGoblin are working together and are given a hit list of targets. Which targets can they effectively kill or disable and which are out of their league? Not a gauntlet so resting or succsseding on the previous hit is not necessary to accomplish the others.

Round 1- batman and red robin (drake)

Round 2- booster gold and blue beetle (Ted)

Round 3- Wonderwoman (no lasso, speedblitz off just incase ppl want to argue she will speedblitz)

Round 4- Aquaman w/trident

Round 5- kid flash (current)

Round 6- batman (dick) and robin (Damien)

This match is just purly my curiosity as how well the goblins can do against these DC characters. All goblins have basic gear of course but also a days prep.

Oliver North
Which Hobgoblin? You have Urich there, so I'm going with a Urich/Norman combo:

1 - Goblins
2 - Goblins
3 - Wonderwoman, though Norman has some good prep feats that might give them a couple wins
4 - With prep and no PIS, Goblins in a slim majority
5 - Don't know enough, but probably Kid Flash
6 - Goblins

-Pr-
not sure about them beating Aquaman tbh, unless they have some new tech I'm not aware of.

Oliver North
serious question, can Aquaman fly? Does he have meaningful ranged attacks?

-Pr-
No, he moves like the Hulk does: Large jumps.

He can throw his trident, but outside of that, no, unless we're counting his telepathy, which hasn't really been expanded upon since the reboot much.

SevenShackles
Originally posted by Oliver North
Which Hobgoblin? You have Urich there, so I'm going with a Urich/Norman combo:

1 - Goblins
2 - Goblins
3 - Wonderwoman, though Norman has some good prep feats that might give them a couple wins
4 - With prep and no PIS, Goblins in a slim majority
5 - Don't know enough, but probably Kid Flash
6 - Goblins
Yeah wing+sword combo Urich hobgoblin.

Oliver North
Originally posted by -Pr-
No, he moves like the Hulk does: Large jumps.

He can throw his trident, but outside of that, no, unless we're counting his telepathy, which hasn't really been expanded upon since the reboot much.

my thinking would be that the Goblins are too mobile for him (maybe not Urich, he is for sure the weak link), and iirc Norman was able to drop Wonder-Man with pumpkin bombs during... Civil War was it?

Either way, unless I'm totally misjudging, Aquaman should have real difficulty tagging Norman, considering he is arguably more mobile than Spider-Man.

EDIT: the prep plays a role too. Osborn had developed a chemical that neutralized Spider-Man's spider sense in one of their first meetings.

-Pr-
my thinking would be that the Goblins are too mobile for him (maybe not Urich, he is for sure the weak link), and iirc Norman was able to drop Wonder-Man with pumpkin bombs during... Civil War was it?

Either way, unless I'm totally misjudging, Aquaman should have real difficulty tagging Norman, considering he is arguably more mobile than Spider-Man.

EDIT: the prep plays a role too. Osborn had developed a chemical that neutralized Spider-Man's spider sense in one of their first meetings.

Osborn is at the point where he can put down guys like Wonder Man? I didn't know that. Aquaman is quick enough, so I could see him tagging at least one of them.

Aquaman is generally pretty good against toxins, though I can't say with certainty whether he'd be able to stop a telepathic inhibitor.

Oliver North
It varies. I think there is another story from that period where Luke Cage totally just tanks a pumpkin bomb with only his shirt burning off dramatically. :/

Aquaman is generally pretty good against toxins, though I can't say with certainty whether he'd be able to stop a telepathic inhibitor.

oops, missed the TP thing. Ya, neither would have much TP resistance

-Pr-
It varies. I think there is another story from that period where Luke Cage totally just tanks a pumpkin bomb with only his shirt burning off dramatically. :/

oops, missed the TP thing. Ya, neither would have much TP resistance

That's the kind of effect I was thinking of. Aquaman's always had pretty good durability when it comes to explosives, and that has been improved upon by the reboot. It really depends on what they're packing I guess.

Oliver North
That's the kind of effect I was thinking of. Aquaman's always had pretty good durability when it comes to explosives, and that has been improved upon by the reboot. It really depends on what they're packing I guess.

Urich does have a fairly potent sonic attack, but fair enough, if they just can't get by Aquaman's durability.

geez, I guess if you really want to get into it, the goblins have lasers, razor bats, gas, etc, depending on what standard gear is, but I really think it comes down to a) can Aquaman tag the Goblins b) can the Goblins KO Aquaman, which both seem arguable. lol, I guess there is the TP thing too /sigh.

SevenShackles

I always figured aquaman was durable but what is the following partial scan about then?
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-yrNy8WySuG0/TiklVla_pqI/AAAAAAAAFQo/JwQmDiiOGLU/s1600/AQUAMAN-1-PREVIEW-reis.jpg
was he weakened?(to actually get wounded by bullets) I haven't kept up all that much on aquaman beyond justice league and even then I haven't had the free time to sit down and really read.

If a bullet can harm him I figure goblin explosives/projectiles could eventually put a meaningful dent in him if he can't tag them. On his TP I know not alot has been done with it yet but has he at least used it on non fish life?

-Pr-
Urich does have a fairly potent sonic attack, but fair enough, if they just can't get by Aquaman's durability.

geez, I guess if you really want to get into it, the goblins have lasers, razor bats, gas, etc, depending on what standard gear is, but I really think it comes down to a) can Aquaman tag the Goblins b) can the Goblins KO Aquaman, which both seem arguable. lol, I guess there is the TP thing too /sigh.

Sonics would work, but as to how much, I'm not sure. His hearing is sensitive, but Aquaman's portrayals tend to be with the express intent of showing how "tough" he is.

While I will agree to a point that they'll be hard to tag, I was more talking about the yield of the bombs. Overcoming Arthur's durability won't be easy, but if they're Wonder Man beating level, then yeah, that'd do it.

Oliver North
haha, I had no idea Aquaman was bulletproof....

-Pr-
haha, I had no idea Aquaman was bulletproof....

It's only been really focused on since the reboot, tbh.

Originally posted by SevenShackles
I always figured aquaman was durable but what is the following partial scan about then?
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-yrNy8WySuG0/TiklVla_pqI/AAAAAAAAFQo/JwQmDiiOGLU/s1600/AQUAMAN-1-PREVIEW-reis.jpg
was he weakened?(to actually get wounded by bullets) I haven't kept up all that much on aquaman beyond justice league and even then I haven't had the free time to sit down and really read.

If a bullet can harm him I figure goblin explosives/projectiles could eventually put a meaningful dent in him if he can't tag them. On his TP I know not alot has been done with it yet but has he at least used it on non fish life?

Aquaman tends to get the Wonder Woman treatment when it comes to stuff like that, ie, he's highly resistant to blunt force trauma and temperatures. Bullets will break the skin, but his muscles are dense enough that he can stand there while an AK-47 fires at him, and all it does is piss him off.

He's flat out survived an exploding Atlantean craft while he was actually standing on it. Some shrapnel pierced his leg, but he pulled it out and kept walking. In the desert, no less.

Edit: This is my favourite instance showing his bullet resistance:

http://i.imgur.com/4XIom2P.jpg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.