Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters (2013)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

marwash22
IMDB Synopsis:
In order to restore their dying safe haven, the son of Poseidon and his friends head into the Sea of Monsters to find the mythical Golden Fleece.

Starring: Logan Lerman, Nathan Fillion, Alexandra Daddario, Brandon T Jackson, Stanley Tucci & Anthony Head.

5KoOtiuSjuI

-Pr-
Nathan Fillion? Greek mythology? My god...

Holy shit, Scylla and Charybdis...

Flyattractor
The first movie made enough money to warrant a sequel?

Kazenji
Never read the books but i did enjoy the first movie.

BruceSkywalker
is this going to be rated R for nudity???

Robtard
Originally posted by Flyattractor
The first movie made enough money to warrant a sequel?

Budget $95 million

Box office $226,497,209

roughrider
Originally posted by Robtard
Budget $95 million

Box office $226,497,209

It just barely qualified as a financial success. Fox obviously counted every bean before trying again to make a franchise out of this.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Robtard
Budget $95 million

Box office $226,497,209

Oh wait....I forgot...We preside in a uniserve that is contaminated by the likes of Stupid Teenagers ala Twilght Mutation.

This makes sense now.

helenzlatkovic
looking forward to see this movie
whistle

Kazenji
Read something from Marc Guggenheim saying this one is alot more like the book which its based on

have to wait until September to see this one.

Master Han
I'm sorry, but this looks like a load of shit.

The original movie didn't even mention Kronos...it had all the makings of their not wanting to make a sequel. Guess they changed their minds.

COG Veteran
This movie looks painful. Sucks for the film reviewers who have to sit thru this nightmare.

-Pr-
Watched it. It was all right. Not great, not shit, just... All right.

steverules_2
Is that what the first one was as well?

-Pr-
I felt it was around the same level. Better in some areas, worse in others.

My sister, that had actually read the books, said that it was closer to the book than the first movie, but the pacing wasn't representative of the larger chapters in the book.

What annoyed me was:

No Poseidon, Athena or Zeus. Even though the parents had small roles in the first movie, I still wanted to see them. Not a lot of focus on the actual sea of monsters. Didn't even get to see Scylla.

The good parts were Stanley Tucci and Nathan Fillion. Also, Fillion has this killer one-liner that, as someone that's watched Firefly, made me actually laugh out loud.

Vensai
It was frankly a disappointing movie that was trying to be the next HP.

rudester
This looks like a kids movie think ill buy the bootleg version for my nefews. 2.00$

Kazenji
So from the sounds of things don't go in with high expectations.

roughrider
After the middling success of the first one, and now the middling success of this one - can we say the franchise attempt is now over? Two films that still haven't broken through with the international public; should be evidence enough.

Kazenji
Originally posted by roughrider
After the middling success of the first one, and now the middling success of this one - can we say the franchise attempt is now over? Two films that still haven't broken through with the international public; should be evidence enough.

I read that they might be thinking of adapting the third book in this series, Possibly for 2015.

heathjack
I saw it at the theater it was really good I enjoyed it more then the frist one it come out on dvd and blu ray December 17

CheshireMoon
Hmmm... I will give it a go, the first one was forgettable so I doubt the sequel will be an improvement

erik.dansereau
Anyone else see this? and have an opinion?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.