Oblivion vs ZH Parallax

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

"Id"
Oblivion

vs

Zero Hour Parallax

Cogito
I'd side with Oblivion despite feats

Rao Kal El
Parallax.

TheGodKiller
Based on feats, Parallax obviously.

Based on powerscaling and hyperbole, Oblivion.

zopzop
Parallax.

Golgo13
Originally posted by zopzop
Parallax.

Aren't you the #1 supporter of Oblivion? eek!

zopzop
Originally posted by Golgo13
God no.

I just corrected the mistake people had when they said Iceman beat Oblivion. He didn't, Oblivion was testing his worthiness to "date his daughter" (trust me it makes no sense).

As we've seen on panel, when Oblivion did actually get into a fight, he couldn't handle Infinity despite being in his realm AND having help from Anomaly Maelstrom.

Oblivion=Death=Infinity=Eternity more or less.

TheGodKiller
More like Chaos King. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if zop gave Mikaboshi the majority over Zhallax.

zopzop
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
More like Chaos King. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if zop gave Mikaboshi the majority over Zhallax.
Not since the retcon. He was merely an aspect of Oblivion.

Funny thing is, the "aspect" had better showings than the actual abstract it was a part of!

Phucking Marvel is a joke.

Golgo13
How powerful is Mikaboshi? Odin level?

TheGodKiller
Depends. At his highest portrayal, he was easily the peer of Eternity.

JakeTheBank
IIRC, in his Mikaboshi guise, he killed Zeus without much trouble, so that alone suggest he's above Odin. And Chaos King was definitely way above Skyfather tier.

zopzop
He was supposedly beyond Odin because of the ease in which he killed Zeus. But you have to keep in mind freaking ARES almost beat/killed Mikoboshi! So much confusion and fail.
Depends. At his highest portrayal, he was easily the peer of Eternity.
Yet still merely an aspect of Oblivion. The same Oblivion that couldn't handle Infinity even with homefield advantage and better help. The same Infinity that is the flip side of Eternity.

I wish I could stomp on the throat of both the writer of CW AND the lead editor over at Marvel.
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
IIRC, in his Mikaboshi guise, he killed Zeus without much trouble, so that alone suggest he's above Odin. And Chaos King was definitely way above Skyfather tier.
Funny thing is : Branlor and I were arguing over this a few months back. Before the retcon, I believed CK was above ANY abstract short of the LT.

Branlor made, in retrospect, a very good point. The only people he, CK, beat were minor divinities and a hungry Galactus. The "skyfathers" that were members of the Council of Godheads during CW were NOT true Skyfathers. Izanami is NOT the Japanese skyfather, Izanagi is. It wasn't Odin he beat, it was King Baldur. Where was Vishnu? Etc...

At the time I argued that the writer made his intentions clear by using phrases like "Council of Godheads" and "Council Elite" to state they were skyfathers.

Looking back...............Branlor could have a very good point.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by zopzop
Funny thing is : Branlor and I were arguing over this a few months back. Before the retcon, I believed CK was above ANY abstract short of the LT.

Branlor made, in retrospect, a very good point. The only people he, CK, beat were minor divinities and a hungry Galactus. The "skyfathers" that were members of the Council of Godheads during CW were NOT true Skyfathers. Izanami is NOT the Japanese skyfather, Izanagi is. It wasn't Odin he beat, it was King Baldur. Where was Vishnu? Etc...

At the time I argued that the writer made his intentions clear by using phrases like "Council of Godheads" and "Council Elite" to state they were skyfathers.

Looking back...............Branlor could have a very good point.

True enough about the Council of Godheads being "skyfathers" in terms of leading their pantheons, but not "skyfathers" as we would tier them.

"Id"
Mikaboshi is around Skyfather, maybe weaker.

As Chaos King, his strength fueled by what he consumed landed him around Eternity level.

Golgo13
Didn't CK wipe out most of the multiverse? Wouldn't that be beyond Eternity level?

TheGodKiller
^Depends on how one interprets Eternity.

zopzop
Didn't CK wipe out most of the multiverse? Wouldn't that be beyond Eternity level?
It is, that's why the story made no sense and they tried a "soft retcon" which only phucked things up more.

Don't try to understand what happened. Just know that CK is nothing more than an aspect of Oblivion and despite destroying 98.75% of the mutliverse he still didn't come as close as Scrier/Other would have if they faced off without Surfer/Thor/Rachel stopping them.

Stoic
Based on feats, Parallax obviously.

Based on powerscaling and hyperbole, Oblivion.

MrMind
Parallax

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.