Independence Day: Resurgence

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

steverules_2

jinXed by JaNx
only if Goldblum returns

Supra
Dear god no

Esau Cairn
Soooo it takes the aliens 20 years to receive a distress signal & they travel & invade within days of getting it?

Or they travel for 20 years just to seek revenge?

BruceSkywalker
will pass unless the actress casted is someone i like

jinXed by JaNx
should just be two hours of goldblum

the ninjak
Unless Will Smith gets abducted and anal probed by the aliens, his eyeballs pop out of his head and he vomits up his internal organs I wont be watching this movie.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
should just be two hours of goldblum

thumb up Absolutely.

Originally posted by the ninjak
Unless Will Smith gets abducted and anal probed by the aliens, his eyeballs pop out of his head and he vomits up his internal organs I wont be watching this movie.

That's harsh, bro. Not a fan of Will Smith?

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by the ninjak

well maybe Smith won;t be the "star" this time around and he will turn it down

the ninjak
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
thumb up Absolutely.

That's harsh, bro. Not a fan of Will Smith?

Nah, just watch too many Italian Horror movies. And the original ID was terrible, the idea of it becoming a trilogy just puts me in a bad mood.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
Soooo it takes the aliens 20 years to receive a distress signal & they travel & invade within days of getting it?

Or they travel for 20 years just to seek revenge?

Well they are weak

we managed to hack into their computer system with windows 95

as for these sequels, i'll only watch them if Will Smith and any of the other actors return if they don't it will be a pass for me.

-Pr-
I loved Independence Day, so I'm definitely gonna watch any sequel.

juggerman
Originally posted by -Pr-
I loved Independence Day, so I'm definitely gonna watch any sequel.

Seconded

jaden101
I want Data back in it. But he died. Sad face.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by jaden101
I want Data back in it. But he died. Sad face.

What?!!??

Is Brent Spiner dead? sad

Tzeentch._
He means the scientist spiner played.

Major_Lexington
He is still alive (the actor, not the character in the film) I never realized that was him... all these years...

https://s3.amazonaws.com/media.screened.com/uploads/0/5125/350419-dr._brackish_okun_large.gif

I would watch the sequels for sure but how I would react all depends on the details, original cast & cameos would be awesome.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Tzeentch._
He means the scientist spiner played.

Yeah ok...jeez even Wiki writes in the past-tense so it made it sound like Brent did actually pass away.

Esau Cairn
The movie was good for it's time, especially all the hype & build-up.
But after multiple viewings it does get very cliched.
The patriotic American president that hops in a jet to protect his country.
The drunken crop duster who can only redeem himself to his sons by suicide.
How a worldwide invasion always focusses on one country...

the ninjak
They should make a movie closer to the plot of XCOM.

Kazenji
I'm glad Roland emmerich is coming back to action/sci-fi even if its sequels

getting bored of his disaster type movies.

Kazenji
God the search sucks....couldn't even find this thread

Independence Day 2 Script Features Returning Cast Members, But No Will Smith

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=105774

steverules_2
Damn that sucks, I was hoping he'd return he was a great character in that film...but hopefully Jeff Goldblum will return...and maybe the aliens will have Norton Anit-virus this time

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by steverules_2

I bet we'll see the aliens using Apple Macs.

Patient_Leech
Jeff Goldblum and an expanded mythology will be epicly good in a bad way. I hope it gets done.

BruceSkywalker
really don't seem the need for a sequel.. glad Smith is not returning..

hopefully the story will be good as well as the action

Damn that sucks, I was hoping he'd return he was a great character in that film...but hopefully Jeff Goldblum will return...and maybe the aliens will have Norton Anit-virus this time

lol.. that or maybe use Avast

COG Veteran
Not sure how they'll drag an alien invasion out for another 2 movies and keep everything fresh. Whatever tho. The first was enjoyable, but 3 movies? Good luck.

Kazenji
Independence Day 2 will premiere on July 3,rd 2015

http://io9.com/independence-day-2-is-actually-happening-has-a-release-531434056

Major_Lexington
Originally posted by Kazenji
Independence Day 2 will premiere on July 3,rd 2015

http://io9.com/independence-day-2-is-actually-happening-has-a-release-531434056

with or without Will Smith... Bill Pullman was cool..

Patient_Leech
F#CK YEAH THIS BETTER HAPPEN!!! GOLDBLUM!!!

http://img2-1.timeinc.net/ew/i/2011/10/27/Fly-Goldbum_610.jpg

You know, he may not have a whole lot of options in Hollywood these days, but, f*ck it... why wouldn't he want to make tons of money again???

Kazenji
Whatever happened to that Fly Remake that was going to happen?

DARTH POWER

we managed to hack into their computer system with windows 95

and maybe the aliens will have Norton Anit-virus this time

LOL

That was the most stupid part of that movie.

Lestov16
I really hate Roland Emmerich's blockbusters. They are no better than Michael Bay's except for a lesser focus on misogyny and racism. Independence Day sucked, and not only do I not want a sequel, but given the way the film ended, I can't imagine what a sequel would even be like.

Kazenji
Maybe there's more of the same alien race out there and they learn about their defeat.

steverules_2
Thats pretty much it

jinXed by JaNx
Well, if they learned then there wouldn't be a need for two movies. All I know is that in order for their to be two more movies, the Aliens are going to have be even Dumber than they were in the first one which tells me everything I need to know. Unless the Human race suddenly grew a brain in this movie franchise and learned how to reverse engineer something, they would still have no defenses against an intelligent Alien race. Given the fact that the Aliens pretty much devastated and depleted the world of it's military and world economies. There really shouldn't be much left for the Aliens to take over. They're dumb though, so dumb that they make spaceships that can be piloted by a foreign race whom has no idea of what they're doing, guided only by the Will of God, they're able to figure out how to expertly handle the controls.

Mindship
"The new films will focus on the next generation of heroes, including the stepson of Will Smith's character in the original film."

*coughJadencough*

steverules_2
they make spaceships that can be piloted by a foreign race whom has no idea of what they're doing, guided only by the Will of God

Pun?

Kazenji
Roland says Will Smith might return for Independence Day 2

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/179083-will-smith-may-return-for-independence-day-sequel

KharmaDog
Such a bad movie will only spawn bad sequels.
Once again firm proof that Hollywood is running out of ideas.

stevenedwardwol

Patient_Leech
Independence Day 2: Will Smith or No Will Smith

I hope Will Smith reads both scripts and informs us of his impression of each and then makes an informed, and respectable decision. Which movie would HE rather see. But then again, if he thought After Earth was a good idea, maybe we can't trust him...

Kazenji
I think he should do them because i think he wants to do a sequel to After Earth

someone needs to talk some sense into him.

steverules_2
After Earth doesn't deserve a sequel...it was awful

Kazenji
Go tell that to Will.

Kazenji
Well Fox gave the green light for a 2nd movie & Roland Emmerich will be back for it

http://screenrant.com/independence-day-2-filming-start-date/

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=112041

steverules_2
Go tell that to Will.

You have a way of contacting him? Are you and him FaceBook buddies? Pen pals?

Kazenji
I thought you had all the contacts.

steverules_2
I did but then there was something about a court case cause I was stood outside his house in the pouring rain watching him for a few hours, there may have been a restraining order...of sorts

Kazenji
Dean Devlin the screenwriter and producer addresses a plot hole with the first movie, Regarding Jeff Goldblum's character using a human computer virus to penetrate and disable an alien computer system

Kazenji
Liam Hemsworth, Jeff Goldblum and Jessie Usher have joined for the sequel

http://www.scified.com/site/independenceday2/jeff-goldblum-liam-hemsworth-and-jessie-usher-officially-join-the-cast-of-independence-day-2

Patient_Leech
All I see on this list is Goldblum... Goldblum, Jeff Goldblum, and Goldblum. thumb up

Kazenji
So Vivica A Fox is back for the sequel but still no sign of Will Smith.

jinXed by JaNx
well she was a stripper

Tzeentch
So Vivica A Fox is back for the sequel but still no sign of Will Smith. what lol

Wei Phoenix
We need Will Smith. I need to hear him welcome the aliens to Earth once more.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
We need Will Smith. I need to hear him welcome the aliens to Earth once more.

thumb up

But as long as Goldblum is on board, I'm happy.

Mindset
I won't see this movie if Will Smith isn't in it.

I am angry.

Kazenji
Brent Spiner is back for the sequel and newcomer Joey King (THE CONJURING) joins

http://www.joblo.com/horror-movies/news/brent-spiner-returning-for-independence-day-2-joey-king-also-set-for-sequel-152

in the link Spiner says his character was more in a coma rather then being dead.

steverules_2
That old chest nut

Kazenji
Bill Pullman & Judd Hirsch confirmed for a return

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2015/04/17/bill-pullman-judd-hirsch-return-for-independence-day-2/

Tzeentch
This is gonna be soooooo bad. lol

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Tzeentch
This is gonna be soooooo bad. lol

Jeff Goldblum himself will make you eat and choke on those filthy words.

Time Immemorial
Are these movies ever coming out?

Kazenji
Do you even use the internet?

Time Immemorial
It was a rhetorical question.

Kazenji
No need to be **** about it...

what i was getting it is, Yes the second movie is coming all you had to do is look it up.

Time Immemorial
I said that as nice as I could, I dunno how that was being a ****** but ok.

Kazenji
First set photo with Goldblum & writer Dean Devlin

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/jeff-goldblum-is-back-to-battle-aliens-in-first-independence-day-2-set-photo-209

Patient_Leech
I think this is cause for celebration.

The return of Goldblum and ID4. Happy Dance

Kazenji
William Fichtner joins & two more sequels planned

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/william-fichtner-joins-independence-day-2-two-more-sequels-planned-409

steverules_2
Wow, I loved the first film but didn't think it'd lead to sequels

Patient_Leech
William Fichtner joins & two more sequels planned

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/william-fichtner-joins-independence-day-2-two-more-sequels-planned-409

So another trilogy basically. I'm pretty sure I remember reading that they were planning that a long time ago. But you can pretty much always assume it because it's business and studios typically won't make one unless there is potential for a franchise.

...didn't think it'd lead to sequels
Of course it would. As an afterthought 20 years later. That's pretty much standard procedure now.. haha

BruceSkywalker
there better be a valid reason for them to chase after the alien homeworld in this

steverules_2
I'd think the reason is obvious, they go after the home world and kill them all so they can't attack earth again

Kazenji
Sounds similar to like what they did with the Mars Attacks topps cards which had a story, After the martians attacked earth the earth's military went to Mars to wage war on them.

quanchi112
Worth a watch I imagine but my hopes aren't really high for this franchise.

BruceSkywalker
I'd think the reason is obvious, they go after the home world and kill them all so they can't attack earth again

not really though lol since what two or three films are planned.. maybe the reason is they blow up England stick out tongue so now the US has to find their home planet and destroy it lol

steverules_2
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
not really though lol since what two or three films are planned.. maybe the reason is they blow up England stick out tongue so now the US has to find their home planet and destroy it lol

Thanks Bruce, I'll keep that in mind when me and Jeff Goldblum have to fly an alien ship there and save earth...maybe I'll tie you to the nuke we throw at them stick out tongue

BruceSkywalker
Thanks Bruce, I'll keep that in mind when me and Jeff Goldblum have to fly an alien ship there and save earth...maybe I'll tie you to the nuke we throw at them stick out tongue

as long as i'm in my indestructible batsuit stick out tongue

steverules_2
Oh don't worry, you won't

BruceSkywalker
Oh don't worry, you won't

i better be mister big grin

steverules_2
Maybe I'll just shoot you into the sun mhmm stick out tongue

Q99
Planning a whole sequel trilogy seems... ambitious. Considering I don't see fans clamoring for it and the most bankable actor is out.

The producer's rather hit and miss... hm, they may make money, but I expect the story to be crap ^^

Kazenji
We have a title for the second movie, Independence Day Resurgence & also images in the link

http://www.superherohype.com/news/344313-today-we-celebrate-our-independence-day-resurgence#/slide/1

steverules_2
It's not...too bad

Lestov16
Wonder how Vivica is going to fit into the story without Will

Patient_Leech
I don't hate the title.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Q99
Planning a whole sequel trilogy seems... ambitious. Considering I don't see fans clamoring for it and the most bankable actor is out.

The producer's rather hit and miss... hm, they may make money, but I expect the story to be crap ^^ Yeah, I agree. You never know but this seems most likely.

Kazenji
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v484/Ash_ED/Other/121995.jpg_zpsfqo4qdib.png~original

Kazenji
Jeff Goldblum posts a video tease

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/jeff-goldblum-posts-a-video-tease-for-independence-day-resurgence-566

Patient_Leech
Oh what a great man... Goldblum... *tear*

Inhuman
x-FB26tHIBg

Link to better version : https://vid.me/lvBw

Inhuman
the fate of Will Smith's Col. Steven Hiller...

"While test piloting the ESD's first alien hybrid fighter, an unknown malfunction causes the untimely death of Col. Hiller. Hiller's valor in the War of 96 made him a beloved global icon whose selfless assault against the alien mothership lead directly to the enemy's defeat. He is survived by his wife Jasmine and son Dylan."

http://i.imgur.com/ylTs9Cy.png

lol

BruceSkywalker
just watched the trailer... I find this to be intriguing ..

quanchi112
Trailer looks good.

Kazenji
Official trailer then that shitty cam job one above

LbduDRH2m2M

Inhuman
Official trailer then that shitty cam job one above

I posted that shitty Cam vid before the official one dropped.

Kazenji
Still has better quality.

steverules_2
Trailer does look pretty interesting

quanchi112
More versus incoming. Maybe that'll breathe life into this dilapidated place.

carthage
Looks great

Patient_Leech
This looks like a fu#king remake. Looks horrible.

But at least Jeff Goldblum is awesome.

Inhuman
Hope the Aliens got a good Anti-Virus software this time

quanchi112

But at least Jeff Goldblum is awesome. How does it look horrible ?

Kazenji

Yes....looks so much like a remake roll eyes (sarcastic)

because they used the aliens tech against them from the get go with the first movie.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Inhuman
Hope the Aliens got a good Anti-Virus software this time

This time, the virus is sexually transmitted.

Inhuman
This time, the virus is sexually transmitted.

Sounds good. As long as we get a Jeff Goldblum nude scene.thumb up

quanchi112
This time, the virus is sexually transmitted. So you're safe.

Bashar Teg
ugh this looks like another steaming pile of crap.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by quanchi112
So you're safe.

Yes, your dominating fantasies have no effect on me.

quanchi112
Yes, your dominating fantasies have no effect on me. A submissive such as yourself has never dominated. It is as alien as a vagina to you.

jinXed by JaNx
for a science fiction movie that in no way demanded a sequel, this looks acceptable. No one asked for it nor does anyone necessarily want it, but it's still coming. In that case all we hope for is the human race fighting against an unstoppable alien force.

Yes, we're going to get that, but it's going to be against an alien technology that far out weighs ours and of course we'll have to wait until the third movie to see how we figure out how to overcome it. Either way, i'm sure it'll be fun to see how we figure out the inevitable.

Esau Cairn
Yeah the 1st was enjoyable but doesn't necessarily require 2 more.
I honestly found it a bit too patriotic with America "once again saving the world."
Like Battle: Los Angeles, why do aliens always invade America first?

It was always cringe worthy the American president making his speech then hopping into a jet fighter. Plus the drunken no hope of a father who can only find redemption, in his son's eyes by killing himself...it was a bit too much IMO.

Darth Thor

I honestly found it a bit too patriotic with America "once again saving the world."

That and defeating advanced aliens with a computer virus (from Windows 95 no less). Those were the big factors which dented the Original. It doesn't stand the test of time.

Kazenji
Obviously Roland Emmerich movies aren't ment to have good logic, You go into them to be entertained.

Darth Thor
^ Well that's why I go to all my movies, but I still want a good story.

The old television series V did the whole fight back against an alien invasion thing brilliantly with the Red Dust that would harm the aliens but not humans.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Darth Thor
That and defeating advanced aliens with a computer virus (from Windows 95 no less). Those were the big factors which dented the Original. It doesn't stand the test of time.

Still it had great marketing! All the hype to Independence Day, the count down clocks that was installed in cinemas here...pretty much a 10/10 as far as publicly stunts went.

Darth Thor
Still it had great marketing! All the hype to Independence Day, the count down clocks that was installed in cinemas here...pretty much a 10/10 as far as publicly stunts went.

Oh yeah I was proper hyped for that movie. And loved it at the time. Didn't care at all as a kid about "Americans saving the day". And thought using a Computer Virus was genius LOL

Kazenji
And the toys with the discs for use on your PC.

Robtard
Trailer didn't do much for me. I enjoyed the first flick back when it came out in 96', but it's not stood the test of time well, watched it again a few years back and it was meh.

I'll still watch this, for nostalgic reasons, but not expecting much.

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by Robtard
Trailer didn't do much for me. I enjoyed the first flick back when it came out in 96', but it's not stood the test of time well, watched it again a few years back and it was meh.

I'll still watch this, for nostalgic reasons, but not expecting much. I haven't even watched the trailer. At the time this movie was epic. But; especially with no Will Smith, it kinda just doesn't do it for me.

Robtard
Watch it, you never know, might move you in some fashion.

Try to watch ID now, it's just not great. The scene where Smith punches out an alien and Randy flying straight up into the mothership are cringe-worthy.

quanchi112
Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
I haven't even watched the trailer. At the time this movie was epic. But; especially with no Will Smith, it kinda just doesn't do it for me. Looks to be similar but I am optimistic. Love me some Sci Fi.

Impediment
I'll watch it, but my hopes aren't too high.

The first movie was Velveeta goodness, but nothing epic.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Impediment
I'll watch it, but my hopes aren't too high.

The first movie was Velveeta goodness, but nothing epic. thumb up

S_W_LeGenD
I like the first movie. Those gigantic city-busters built tension in the movie like none other of similar genre.

I was not expecting a sequel but I am glad that it is happening. I will watch it in IMAX.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
I like the first movie. Those gigantic city-busters built tension in the movie like none other of similar genre.

I was not expecting a sequel but I am glad that it is happening. I will watch it in IMAX.

The first one took a massive amount of inspiration from Star Wars.

But I suppose you're right about the genre, because Star Wars is more fantasy than sci-fi.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Darth Thor
The first one took a massive amount of inspiration from Star Wars.

But I suppose you're right about the genre, because Star Wars is more fantasy than sci-fi. Star Wars has both elements. It belongs in the Sci Fi discussion and is always compared with Star Trek a more Sci Fi centric franchise.

Time-Immemorial
Poop wrapped in shit.

Kazenji
Is that what you had for lunch?

quanchi112
Is that what you had for lunch? It is a metaphor for how you were conceived.

Kazenji
Nah....its more to do with you, Time Imm even has your birth certificate.

quanchi112
Nah....its more to do with you, Time Imm even has your birth certificate. This from the guy who really loved the seventh son. What a turd wrapped in shit that was yet you coddle that film like a newborn.

Kazenji
Will Smith Talks Independence Day: Resurgence Death

http://www.cosmicbooknews.com/content/will-smith-talks-independence-day-resurgence-death

jinXed by JaNx
This movie feels like its ten years to late to be relevant. SCi-Fi/Fantasy has become to dominant genre in movies these days. One of the things that made, Independence day so unique at the time was because it was something the masses weren't used to seeing. This is why everyone overlooked it's faults for so long.

quanchi112
This movie feels like its ten years to late to be relevant. SCi-Fi/Fantasy has become to dominant genre in movies these days. One of the things that made, Independence day so unique at the time was because it was something the masses weren't used to seeing. This is why everyone overlooked it's faults for so long. I am down for it. I'm not like Star Trek excited but I like Sci Fi so the more the merrier.

jinXed by JaNx
I am down for it. I'm not like Star Trek excited but I like Sci Fi so the more the merrier.

Yeah, but it doesn't hold the same intrigue that the original did. Without Will Smith, i think they were over confident in the relevance this franchise still holds with the public.

quanchi112
Yeah, but it doesn't hold the same intrigue that the original did. Without Will Smith, i think they were over confident in the relevance this franchise still holds with the public. I am glad he's out. I think he's overrated and I'm more into the Sci Fi aspect of it. I hope it succeeds if for anything else more Sci Fi will be greenlit.

jinXed by JaNx
I am glad he's out. I think he's overrated and I'm more into the Sci Fi aspect of it. I hope it succeeds if for anything else more Sci Fi will be greenlit.

Nah, he's not overrated when he hits the mark ;-)
Yeah, i got you...,i'm going to see this movie as well. It will be a fun popcorn flick but that seems to be all we're getting anymore.

Kazenji
Noticed that there's a Independence Day comic from Titan Comics, From looking in CBR's comic reviews

the story fill's in the gaps between the end of the original blockbuster film and the upcoming sequel

Nemesis X
Did Independence Day really need a sequel? Is it even the same anymore? Yeah, you got the aliens coming back this time with an even bigger death star--er, mothership (sorry) but the humans took their technology and extended their Earth Defense Force to the friggin moon. The first movie struck people as a thought of what would happen if aliens attacked Earth IRL. Now it's slowly slipping into X-COM territory.

-Pr-
Thinking of it like an XCOM movie makes me want to watch it more.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Did Independence Day really need a sequel? Is it even the same anymore? Yeah, you got the aliens coming back this time with an even bigger death star--er, mothership (sorry) but the humans took their technology and extended their Earth Defense Force to the friggin moon. The first movie struck people as a thought of what would happen if aliens attacked Earth IRL. Now it's slowly slipping into X-COM territory.

To top things off they need to battle in the ocean.

Patient_Leech
This is almost definitely going to be a steaming pile of shite.

But at least Jeff Goldblum is present. thumb up

He will save us all.

http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/14800000/Jeff-Goldblum-jeff-goldblum-14861022-610-412.jpg

Kazenji
aBWcaAgMH18

Esau Cairn
"They like to get the landmarks."

Hahahaha

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Nemesis X

Whether or not Independence Day needed a sequel or not is meaningless because it's no longer relevant. This sequel is fifteen years to late. An alien disaster movie is a formula that I think will always appeal to people but the Independence Day brand has lost its relevance long ago.

I remember when that movie first released I looked at it as a good, bad B movie but the bandwagon praised it as a sci-if masterpiece. However, today the popular view of the movie now rests in the big budget B-movie category. One of the other reasons why the original movie worked so well was because of the effects and the fact that we rarely got to see movies like it. However, movies like this seem to be released regularly now. The trailer doesn't promise anything we don't see, technology or story-wise regularly. It also doesn't help that they lost their one marquee actor. I'm sure the movie will do well butt fade into obscurity very quickly. Again, fifteen years ago this movie would be important right now but I doubt many people will be talking about even after its released

TethAdamTheRock

jaden101
New trailer is all transformersy....not good.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>