Guys...LucasArts is gone.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dark Exile
"After evaluating our position in the games market, we've decided to shift LucasArts from an internal development to a licensing model, minimizing the company's risk while achieving a broader portfolio of quality Star Wars games. As a result of this change, we've had layoffs across the organization. We are incredibly appreciative and proud of the talented teams who have been developing our new titles."

No quotes or images can sum up my feelings on the matter.

I liked Star Wars films but LucasArts made me a Star Wars Fan.

Zack Fair
sad panda. some fond memries;

Bardock42
I was kinda looking forward to 1313, bummer.

Peach
Yeah, me too. That and First Assault.

-Pr-
Hopefully they partner up with people that can make good Star Wars games.

Ushgarak
1313 was all talk, and really was just about messing up the genre, an approach always sure to be beaten by other games that can better dedicate their setting to that sort of thing. In any case, I have no reason to think there was any real talent behind it. Lucasarts had been running on empty for a long time.

When was the last time they even attempted something creative? That used to be one of their main attractions. It wasn't just Star Wars games- on which their record was always 50/50, with a lot of dross amongst the greats- it was Ballblazer and Secret of Monkey Island and Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe. They used to try, but that's all long dead. Either they've completely lost any access to talent, or the market has changed so that you have to go into partnerships with other studios to find that talent. Either way, this move was the only way to go.

-Pr-
I suppose any hopes of a remake of Grim Fandango died with it too.

Ushgarak
They could license out re-makes like that if they are potentially profitable. They just need to hire the people that can do it.

Actually, a lot of their classics were made under license. It was Totally Games who made the X-Wing series, for example (and Secret Weapons, for that matter).

-Pr-
Yeah, that's true. That looks like it's going to be their business model now, which I suppose I really can't blame them for. I'm sure they'll make mistakes and we'll get some bad games, but hopefully we get some good ones to balance it out.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.